R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-22-2023, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I don't have to work this weekend so very happy about that! I went to a comedy show yesterday. It wasn't the funniest I've seen but it was fun since I haven't been to a comedy show in ages!

OMG spreadsheets... I hate Excel. I do have a massive spread sheet going at the moment with my comms planning for our annual event. The one I worked like on for like 5 hours last weekend. I'm so bad at formulas and whatnot. Every time I want to do something fancy I have to look it up.

---------- Post added 01-22-2023 at 10:14 AM ----------

My cat bit my arm yesterday morning and now it looks like I have a viper bite, lol.
I'm so glad you aren't working and comedy shows are so much fun!! It's great to just sit around and share chuckles! That's good for your soul kind of fun, just saying!

YOU HATE EXCEL? We must end the friendship immediately. LOL Excel is my favourite program ever. I would make spreadsheets of every single thing in my life. I sort of do for the most part lol

To be fair, at least you know you can look it up! The amount of people that just think excel adds two columns is mind blowing! I bet the spreadsheet looks great! Unless you didn't use century gothic font, then it looks great with 1 point removed for wrong font ;)! hehehe

cat bites can be super dangerous because of the bacteria, I hope it's nothing serious! A viper bite may actually be safer HAHAHA!

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-23-2023, 12:54 AM

Love bites. Hopefully less painful than regular bites.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-23-2023, 05:06 AM

I give people I really like gentle kitty head butts.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-23-2023, 05:52 AM

Bonk.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-23-2023, 01:33 PM

That is me sometimes

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-23-2023, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
I'm so glad you aren't working and comedy shows are so much fun!! It's great to just sit around and share chuckles! That's good for your soul kind of fun, just saying!

YOU HATE EXCEL? We must end the friendship immediately. LOL Excel is my favourite program ever. I would make spreadsheets of every single thing in my life. I sort of do for the most part lol

To be fair, at least you know you can look it up! The amount of people that just think excel adds two columns is mind blowing! I bet the spreadsheet looks great! Unless you didn't use century gothic font, then it looks great with 1 point removed for wrong font ;)! hehehe

cat bites can be super dangerous because of the bacteria, I hope it's nothing serious! A viper bite may actually be safer HAHAHA!
I hate Excel *hides*

Yeah, I'm pretty good at looking stuff up. The last thing I had to look up was how to get an entire row to highlight a certain color if there was an X in one of the columns. It required a fancy formula but it wasn't too bad. I wish I could do more on Excel because I know it's super powerful. I used to know how to do pivot tables and v lookups but I've completely forgotten because I just don't use these things often.

That's true, I always do worry about bacteria when my cat bites me but so far I've never had any issues (besides the whole dermatillomania thing with whatever scab gets left over...).
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerockman View Post

Love bites. Hopefully less painful than regular bites.
Awww, such cute kitties! I always thought it would be really cute to have two kitties who can cuddle together but my cat is a loner.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-23-2023, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I hate Excel *hides*

Yeah, I'm pretty good at looking stuff up. The last thing I had to look up was how to get an entire row to highlight a certain color if there was an X in one of the columns. It required a fancy formula but it wasn't too bad. I wish I could do more on Excel because I know it's super powerful. I used to know how to do pivot tables and v lookups but I've completely forgotten because I just don't use these things often.

That's true, I always do worry about bacteria when my cat bites me but so far I've never had any issues (besides the whole dermatillomania thing with whatever scab gets left over...).

Ohhh you could have just used conditional formatting to get that done, granted that could be what it made you do! That's fair, if you don't use it often then you'll for sure not be familiar with it. I did accounting for the first 15 years of my career, having only moved to a new industry in the last 2 years (and this new industry I still use excel daily for everything) so it's kind of my jam LOL

Good to hear!! Legit I feel this scab picking on another level LOL #addicted

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-23-2023, 09:36 PM

Yeah, It had me do conditional formatting that required a formula. The conditional formatting that I typically do is usually simpler and can be achieved without a formula but this time Google for the win!

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-25-2023, 01:30 PM

Brilliant! I love google...and I learn a lot of excel tips on tiktok when I decide to waste some time on there haha

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-25-2023, 02:30 PM

I haven't been on tiktok in ages.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-25-2023, 03:08 PM

I’m an oldbie who doesn’t use TikTok but my sister sends me a lot of videos and I sometimes see them on Instagram.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-25-2023, 05:38 PM

I love Tiktok for finding fun recipes, cool tips and tricks and reviews on home gadgets. BUT it's a huge black hole of wasted time if you aren't careful lol

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-26-2023, 05:35 AM

I should go on when I have time and catch up with a few of my favorite creators.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-26-2023, 10:14 PM

I'm in the Ziggles boat on this one. I don't have a tiktok, which causes the people at work to call me old all the time, but I do get sent videos on occasion from my best friend.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-26-2023, 11:45 PM

Smile.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-27-2023, 03:20 AM

*fright*

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-27-2023, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
I'm in the Ziggles boat on this one. I don't have a tiktok, which causes the people at work to call me old all the time, but I do get sent videos on occasion from my best friend.
Truthfully I didn’t start checking out TikTok until maybe a few years ago (during COVID when I was bored lol). In the beginning it was a black hole that I wasted so much time on. But after a few weeks the novelty wore off and then it just became something to browse occasionally. I generally read too much to spend time on TikTok but when I am looking for mindless browsing, I find so many cool things on there!

You have to be mindful how it works too. The minute I see an ad or something negative, I scroll quickly by it. So my algorithm only shows me (for the most part) exactly what I want to see and I love it!!

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-27-2023, 05:27 PM

I'm addicted to watching Highland Crystal Lucky Scoops and watching lots of pets on Tik Tok. My fav pet is Ollie and all his adventures.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-27-2023, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
Truthfully I didn’t start checking out TikTok until maybe a few years ago (during COVID when I was bored lol). In the beginning it was a black hole that I wasted so much time on. But after a few weeks the novelty wore off and then it just became something to browse occasionally. I generally read too much to spend time on TikTok but when I am looking for mindless browsing, I find so many cool things on there!

You have to be mindful how it works too. The minute I see an ad or something negative, I scroll quickly by it. So my algorithm only shows me (for the most part) exactly what I want to see and I love it!!
I think the fear of falling into a black hole is the reason I never even tried to get one. I kinda figure my friend sends me anything she sees that I might be interested in and that's enough. I'd much rather spend my time reading or writing or other similar things. I do frequent Youtube and have a few peeps there I follow but that's about the extent of it

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-30-2023, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSen191 View Post
I'm addicted to watching Highland Crystal Lucky Scoops and watching lots of pets on Tik Tok. My fav pet is Ollie and all his adventures.
Hmm I've never heard of Highland Crystal Lucky Scoops, but I may have to check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
I think the fear of falling into a black hole is the reason I never even tried to get one. I kinda figure my friend sends me anything she sees that I might be interested in and that's enough. I'd much rather spend my time reading or writing or other similar things. I do frequent Youtube and have a few peeps there I follow but that's about the extent of it
LOL That's fair! Honestly it's probably for the best. I do learn a lot on there and recently have been using it specifically to find things (ideas, tricks, tips etc) but I would survive without it LOL

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-30-2023, 06:34 PM

I moved my social media apps to the last screen on my phone so I have to consciously scroll all the way back there. Because of this I'm on social media a lot less. I find it easier to keep up with Instagram. I definitely miss out on a lot of my Facebook notifications but I honestly feel like it has become a cesspool of advertising and suggested posts that I really don't care about. There's just so much junk taking up space on my feed it annoys me to no end. I would just quit it entirely but that's where a lot of my family keeps tabs with me so I don't really feel like I can just delete the app. Instagram feels a lot more organic and actually shows me positive things that I care about. The only danger there is the doom scroll of suggested posts once I've caught up on my usual stuff. I've given up on tumblr entirely and only use Twitter and LinkedIn for work so that's about the extent of my social media these days.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-30-2023, 07:23 PM

It took me a long time to "reprogram" my FB feed so it only shows me shit I'm interested in. That required a lot of "not interested" clicks on ads/spam, going into the background and resetting my likes/dislikes and making a conscious effort that when I scroll across something I don't like, I take note immediately and keep scrolling so that it doesn't assume I'm interested lol

BUT even with all that, I use FB for groups, pages and events for the most part. I do scroll but not that often.

Insta I enjoy, but I need to take some time to go through and purge a lot of the people I follow that I don't care about anymore haha. I myself spend most of my "scrolling time" on pinterest. I just love seeing everything on there.

Twitter & Reddit I find is for angry people so I do not use them LOL Tumblr I've never really used until I came back to forums and had to find somewhere to upload pictures to post And LinkedIn I use for work on rare occasions lol ANNND Snapchat is great for filters

Did you have a good weekend Zig?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-30-2023, 07:58 PM

I do use Facebook for the groups as well but the ones I'm in are so busy it gets overwhelming so I've set almost all of them not to show up in my feed. I've tried to get rid of the "shit" but it never goes away. I've tried to block anything that's diet related, tried saying not interested in hundreds of posts, tried removing all of my personal data, etc. I just literally can't get it to show me things I actually want to see, and even if it does, it's like literally every other post is an ad.

On Instagram the ads at least look organic and the suggested posts are things I actually like. I view it as a friendlier positive place where I want to consume content whereas Facebook, anything I want to see is literally just lost in the junk and I can't seem to fix it no matter what I do.

I had a pretty good weekend. Saturday I spent pretty much all day cleaning and catching up on chores and whatnot. Sunday I had a massage and met a friend at Goodwill. I tried on a gazillion pairs of pants and shoes but left emptyhanded. How was your weekend?

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-31-2023, 03:57 AM

"My plans to get all the catnip is working perfectly!"

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-01-2023, 12:40 AM

I think I am the weird one in that I only have Facebook and I do not very often scroll through my feed. I have a few groups that I admin behind pages, and I use Messenger often, but that's really it