• Join Us

floatingfaggot
  • Challenge floatingfaggot in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 04:57 PM

We'll I came up with this idea trying to help someone earn some gold.
Here's how it works. I'm going to set a topic. Then you can write me a short story * I don't want to be reading here forever! It can be semi long, but I don't want it to fill the whole page!

The prize is given every week. it's 100g to the best story. It's quality, not quantity remember!

The topic this week is Horror!

week 1. 29th Dec 09. - Horror
Limit of 2 stories per person.
I will make a list for each week, Please bare with me when it comes to updating the posts.

Here we go! I'll start with a story I had to write for my English GCSE coursework.

The wall paper crept down the walls, like a spider would creep down a web. It crumpled down onto the floor of the old abandoned house, and lay there, decaying like the wood which lay beneath it, and previously, behind it. Cob webs hung from the ceiling, and the smell of rot was everywhere. The once beautiful carpet, was now stained and ripped.
These were the signs of an obviously lost house. It is amazing to even think of what a beauty it used to be. The splendor of what it truly was at the beginning of its restoration, back in the days of long ago. It was quite a large house then, though most of it has caved in now. Back in the good days of the early 1960’s, it was a very respected house. It’s outer walls where a bleached white, that always managed to stay clean, and the door was made of maple, painted a nice velvet color. The windows where larger then the neighbors’, and the roof matched the door. It was three stories tall, and twice as wide. The lawn was surrounded by a metal fence, and a large circular fountain was in the driveway, with a statue of an angel, smiling, pointing its left index finger towards the sky, as water bellowed out underneath it.
The couple that lived in the house, were quite rich, and they had hired servants trimming the bushes, and mowing the lawn, to keep the house’s appearance in top shape. The couple’s names are officially unspoken in the town. The civilians are very superstitious you see, and what happened to the couple is unspeakably disgusting. They’re all afraid speaking the name, will bring a fate, so tragic and painful, you’d be handicapped for life, if not worse.
There is some evidence to this theory that might prove it true. In 1972, a boy and his friends broke into the house as a dare, the next night they were all found with incisions cut into their windpipes, and their eyelids removed. A girl once wondered onto the property, in search of her lost puppy. She found it nailed to the wall, and a week later, she lost her ability to talk. There was even once a few construction workers hired to tare the place down. The day the house was to be torn down, there was an accident where one of the workers was crushed by a piece of machinery.
The house is officially off limits, the angel that once stood upon the fountain, is now broken in half, its finger pointed at the door, the expression on its face has changed. It now holds dread, and terror. A morbid warning to all who pass the house to not disrupt those who are eternally damned.

That is the size I would love the story to be :)

Entries
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Last edited by floatingfaggot; 12-29-2009 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: adding

neller
  • Challenge neller in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 06:37 PM

I can enter this contest! I love writing. XD
I'm guess this is roughly a 500 word story. Guessing. I can do that. ;)

x-ollie
  • Challenge x-ollie in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 11:36 PM

Go for it :)

Wicked
  • Challenge Wicked in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 01:16 AM

Here's something I whipped up for your contest.
If nothing else I get gold for posting and this killed some time so thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normally she would have gone straight down Cambridge Drive, it was the most direct route home from work. There had been some sort of accident and she was directed on to an unfamiliar street. Fabulous, she muttered as she negotiated the turns on what turned out to be a winding back road. There was a car ahead of her and one behind. The car ahead seemed to take the turns easily so she figured, they’ve been back this way before, and opted to follow them. Eventually, the car behind turned off and headed down a long driveway toward a sort of modern log cabin. Unbidden, the phrase, “If you lived here you‘d be home by now.” popped into her head and it occurred to her that the car she was following may very well be headed to a THEIR home.

She let out an exasperated scream and whipped out her cell phone, clicking through the menu to access the GPS option. She was keeping one eye on the road and waiting for the application to finish loading when a sudden curve snuck up on her. One of her tires bit into the mud alongside the road. She turned the wheel sharply and her heart leapt into her throat. “So stupid!” she scolded herself as she looked for a driveway to pull into.

When she was safely off the road she tried fussing with the phone again. The GPS had loaded and she tried to make sense of where she was in relation to where she was going. Completely focused on the small screen in front of her she paid no mind to the old man who had walked up to her car. She finally looked up and saw him scowling into her window. She screamed and cursed and slapped her steering wheel. “You scared the shit out of me!” she shouted at him. He raised an eyebrow and then his mouth was moving but she couldn’t hear a word because her window was up. Unthinking, rather than roll down the window she opened her car door and stepped out. “What do you want, old man?” She asked with a great deal of hostility in her voice. He placed an icy hand on her cheek and in a raspy whisper said, “Youth.”

Some instinct in the back of her brain caused her arms to fly out in front of her and push him to the ground. As quickly as she could, she scrambled back into her car, threw it in reverse and tore off back the way she came. When she returned to Cambridge Drive she found the accident had been cleaned up enough that one lane of traffic could be let through at a time. She waited her turn, and then continued on her way home. Had she glanced at her reflection in the rearview mirror she might have notice some dark circles around her eyes. But it wasn’t anything worth worrying about.. that had just been a crazy old man. Right?

neller

Old 12-30-2009, 01:27 AM

The Missing Hiker

Anna had always found solace hiking on the trails that lay in the forest behind her home. The silent trees had always brought peace and serenity to her mind.
One early evening, Anna found herself greatly distraught after a dreadful night of work. She skirted into the forest after pulling into her driveway and left her car’s engine idling and the headlights revealing a wild trail.

Anna ran and ran as fast as she could until she couldn’t find her footing anymore. She stumbled to a stop in order to catch her breath and glimpsed the forest fading into black around her. The trail was suddenly no longer familiar. Confusion set over the woman as she tried to recall from which way she ran. She turned around and thought it was only logical to follow the path in the opposite direction from which she came.

As Anna took her first steps home, a cry of pique shook the forest. Anna froze there in the trail as an unwieldy beast treaded onto the trail. Acidic froth cascaded from it’s jaw as the monstrosity ripped another ear splitting bellow. Anna fell to the ground from the roar, and the creature pounced on her, its claws encaging her wrists. As the defenseless girl attempted to scream, the beast’s large jaw wrapped around her throat, it’s piercing teeth boring into her veins. Anna clenched her teeth in agony as the monster’s caustic venom corroded her blood cells. The vile raced through her blood stream, consuming the walls of her veins. Her eyes grew in terror as she felt the acid reach her heart. If the beast had not been restraining her at the moment, Anna would have been writhing in pain due to the feeling of the worst heart-burn ever. She shrilled in misery as blood let from her throat. Only a moment passed by after, and Anna’s heart failed. Satisfied its work was done, the horrible creature relinquished the still body and quested back into the forest. The acid continued it’s work until the corpse was completely devoured, leaving not a trace of bone, blood, or disturbance on the forest floor.

Wicked
  • Challenge Wicked in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 07:18 PM

Whoa Neller.
Mine feels so cliche by comparison.

Yumeh
NPC
  • Challenge Yumeh in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 04:34 AM

MEow, meeooow, mmmmeeeoowm, mmeoow, purr, hiss, meeow, meow, meeeoooww!

Hiss, scratch, claw, Meow, meow, meeeoooww. *Chases invisible mouse around thread*

MMMEEEOOOOWWW! *pounces for dramatic effect*

*Bows and end of amazing cat story*

Last edited by Yumeh; 01-02-2010 at 04:38 AM..

Mobsy
  • Challenge Mobsy in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 04:41 AM

This thread is adorable.. Whenever I get the chance, I'll post a story.. If I'm fast enough, that is..

neller

Old 01-02-2010, 05:49 AM

Yumeh's story scared the bejeezus out of me...O.e

Renee the Rabid Squirrel
Send a message via AIM to Renee the Rabid Squirrel Send a message via Yahoo to Renee the Rabid Squirrel
  • Challenge Renee the Rabid Squirrel in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 06:53 AM

Here's my entry!

Rings That Bind

"Just a little deeper sweetie."

"But Mommy, I'm scared..."

"Just a little deeper, you'll find it."

Richard was upset, and it was understandable. Here he was, proposing to the woman of his dreams with the most sentimental thing possible, his great-great-grandmother's engagement ring, and she had rejected him. It wasn't because she wanted her own ring or anything superficial such as that, but it was a different super altogether - it was for supernatural reasons that she rejected the proposal. Richard Fothergill came from a long line of Fothergills before him on his father's side, which was a well-known family for their hard work ethic and community service. His mother's side of the family, however, was more known for their bad luck.

His mother had been through many miscarriages before managing to conceive Richard, his grandmother had fallen down many sets of stairs - so many that it was believed no longer to be accidents, but no one could get the real story. His great grandfather and great-great grandmother however, were the most unlucky of the family, so violently unlucky that they were believed to start the Vanderhorst curse.

"Mommy I can't find it."

"You're almost...there..."

"Everything's twisted in here."

"Don't worry Charlie."

Charlie Vanderhorst, Lily Vanderhorst's son and Richard Fothergill's great-grandfather was his mother's unsung hero. After all, he was the one who found and saved his mother's precious engagement ring.

"I've got it! I've got it!"

"Bless you Charlie..."

"Mommy I did it!...Mommy? Mommy? MOMMY!!!"

Charlie shook Lily Vanderhorst's bloody corpse from side to side, the diamond ring firmly grasped in his small pudgy five year old hand, his eyes as wide as the gouge in her leg. In a fit of insanity, she had sliced her leg open after her husband had left her and dropped the ring inside. When she regretted it, her hands were too big to fish it out, and Charlie had been her saviour.

Richard stood in the kitchen, staring at the ring, the 1cm wide diamond sparkling among the gold band. The utensil drawer was open, and he held a carving knife firmly in his right hand, sweat dripping off his brow like rivulets of blood.

Just a little deeper sweetie.

neller

Old 01-02-2010, 04:28 PM

Wow...Your story is interesting, Renee. o.o

Renee the Rabid Squirrel
Send a message via AIM to Renee the Rabid Squirrel Send a message via Yahoo to Renee the Rabid Squirrel
  • Challenge Renee the Rabid Squirrel in the Arcade

Old 01-03-2010, 01:02 AM

Thank you, although I must say I am nervous about what exactly you mean by "interesting", as it is my experience that people often use that word when they are describing something they find contrary to their tastes, but want to be nice about it. :XD

Tags