Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-05-2011, 04:32 AM

Rosemary narrowed her eyes.this line of questioning was already starting to seem troublesome."minors? By that you mean under 18 of course, I assume.I'm the only one.there was another girl, but she went to collage a year ago.so just me." She replied guardedly.the name and face of the other girl escaped her, as if they were only imagined or dreams half remembered. But of course that was ridiculous. She couldn't have just made up another whole person.

keysburger
Like a Cheeseburger but not

Old 12-05-2011, 07:13 AM

"I see." Mike tried to think of another question, but he had grown tired of the charade. Anyway, since now they were in the mysteriously new park, he could ask the question he wanted to. The park was almost impossibly beautiful. There were glowing flowers that Mike had no knowledge of their existence. The trees branches twisted almost whimsically, and the stone table in the center was ornately carved with celtic patterns Mike had never seen before. His overly polite and "professional" mannerisms dropped as he set the chinese food down on the abnormally otnate table.

"All right. I'm going to be completely honest. I'm no agent for the government conducting interviews, and no, before you ask, this is not my attempt at picking you up. This is going to sound crazy, and maybe I've lost it, but I need to know if you have heard any voices in your head telling you "this is a game." I know it sounds crazy, but I have, and I got a feeling you're involved too. JUst let me know if I've completely lost you here." Mike waited anxiously for a reply. In the back of his mind, he was humiliated. However, if someone were really playing a game with their heads, humiliation was the least of his worries.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-06-2011, 03:22 AM

Gemini blinked.so her first instinct was right, that he was lying.she nearly punched him, but then he asked his real question.she sat down and took a breath."you're right, that does sound crazy.lucky for you, you asked the right person.yes, as a matter of fact, I have heard that message.not only that..." she pulled her fortune out of her pocket and showed it to him.she shook her head."someone told me once that the cookie never lies.I never thought they were right." She said.then something occurred to her."hey...have you noticed any...changes? You know, things that you thought were different just seconds before but they're another way now? Like a window that you could swear was stained glass a second ago but now isn't?" She asked.if the voice was happening to more than just her, then maybe the changes weren't in her head, either.

keysburger

Old 12-06-2011, 03:54 AM

Mike was astounded. He could have not asked for a more perfect response.

"Actually, this park is one of those 'changes'. I swear that this place didn't exist before. And wouldn't I remember a place this beautiful? I have been seeing bloody bathrooms, stinky drinks, even hearing 'row, row, row your boat' in my head. While the voice was speaking to me, the lady bartender froze and acted like she was listening. I think we should wait until she gets done with work to ask her. What do you think?"

Clairefirestar9mm
Caboose :3

Old 12-06-2011, 04:58 AM

[[Oi vey..... I know he said to carry on without him, but I'm kinda stuck without Greg around to reply >.> Just letting you guys know that, no, I haven't died or abandoned this.]]

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-07-2011, 03:24 AM

((Is cool.))
Geminis mouth fell open."d-did you say...'row row row your boat'? You heard that?!" She asked, floored.this was wild, and insane, and probably the most interesting thing that had ever happened to her.she launched into an explanation about her ipod and the unlisted song that played on her way there.when she finished, she was shaking.with fear, or excitement, she couldn't be sure."that bartender...yeah, we should definitely ask her.we need to figure this out." She said.

keysburger

Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 AM

Mike proceeded to lead Rosemary back into the bar then a thought dawned on him. She can't go in. Not at least without just cause... so he would give her one.

Mike then whispered into Rosemary's ear "Follow my lead." He led her into the bar wile acting staggeringly "drunk".

"Whoa, I'm doing grood! Don't fink I can drive though... good ting I gots a desigamated drover!" Mike boisterously stumbles up to the bar and dramatically slaps the table with one hand, handing his keys to Gemini with the other. "Hey, Reddy Redhair! Hows about one of dose Incredgeible HULKS! HULK SMASH! HAHAHA!"

Last edited by keysburger; 12-08-2011 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: oops, classic noob mistake, we both need to stop doing that, Gemini

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-08-2011, 03:37 AM

Rosemary followed, not sure what he was about to do, and al.oat burst out laughing when she found out.she kept herself in check and came over to him."I think you've had plenty,mike.you'll have one hell of a hangover in the morning if you don't call it quits soon.maybe just one more and then some water?" She said, in her best 'concerned' voice.

keysburger

Old 12-08-2011, 04:48 AM

While Mike waited for the lady bartender to get around to him (he cursed himself for not asking her name), he looked at his hand. There was a wedding ring on it, although he had never been or even had plans to be wed in the near future. Again, the image left, but for some reason this image struck him even harder than the bloody bathroom, although he did not vomit.

Clairefirestar9mm
Caboose :3

Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 AM

Genesis turned from Alex to a moment, the noisy customers at the bar offering a momentary distraction. She opened her mouth to reply- then froze when she saw who it was.

Quick thinking, Gen.

She hesitated, glancing at the girl before she spoke. "Ah.... I'm sorry," she replied, willing her voice not to betray her. "We're out of the ingredients for that right now. Would you preffer a beer instead?" She glanced at him, keeping her gaze steady. Just not now, she thought. If Alex hadn't freaked out about the note, if she'd seen it faster, she'd have talked to him. But she had a feeling Alex had some idea as to what was going on, and she needed to talk to him about it first.

keysburger

Old 12-08-2011, 06:41 AM

Mike paused a moment to read the Lady Bartender's posture and facial expression. Her eyes burned with cool intelligence, and he knew that she must know what she is doing. He also noticed that she wasn't looking at him like he was crazy. Mike thought about what to do. He still needed to talk to her; he was sure something was up. Perhaps Alex had said something; he seemed kind of testy. Best idea was to stay with the plan, just milk this out until the bar was more unpopulated, and then see if there were more options.

"Well Lady, come to fink of it, I fink I would like a beer. Gimme whateffer is da cheapest you gots, and put it on my tabbie tab tab. Rosie, why dontcha go get us a table, an I ken show yous how to frow sum darts! woo!"

Mike had never acted before, and this was getting a little eerie, since he hadn't slipped up yet. Wasn't there someone or something he was supposed to be watching carefully? He couldn't seem to remember.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-09-2011, 05:05 AM

Rose almost facepalmed.his acting was good- a little too good.but she went along with it."alright, but I don't want you throwing anything in this condition.I'll get a table and wait for you." She said, acting like a concerned friend.she was almost sure he wanted to talk to that bartender, so she walked away to let him try.

keysburger

Old 12-09-2011, 06:36 AM

Mike contemplated his next move. He could press to talk to the bartender, but the longer he lingered, the better chance of Alex coming over and getting all angry. He could try the "get her alone and just ask" approach, but a large sober man cornering a woman usually did not end well for anybody, let alone a "drunk" one. He could try another note, but previous experience showed the problem with that idea. It seemed there was no way for him to talk to her... Thats when he came to a realization. He can't make the approach, but now he was not alone. Mike walked back to the table and sat next to Rosemary.

"Hey, Rosemary. I have an idea." he whispered. "I need you to keep an eye on the lady bartender with the red hair, and when she goes to the restroom, ask her about it when no one else is in there. If she dodges the question, just say that you will be around at 6. That sound like a plan to you?"

keysburger

Old 12-10-2011, 06:40 AM

(OOC: Anybody feel free to post anything that would happen before this after this post, I have along day tomorrow and I have to post this last post before I leave tomorrow.)

Just then, Mike's phone rang. "Tamarang! Get your ass back to base and stand watch! There is no one else, so I don't want to hear any whining!" click. Mike felt strange, but he knew that orders were orders, and headed out to the car. Just as he stepped out into the street, BAM! Mike was hit by an oncoming ambulance that he simply did not see coming, even though it seemed he looked right at it, and it had sirens wailing and lights flashing. Mike was immediately put in the ambulance, and the paramedics evaluated him.

"He's supirisingly stable. He is not showing any signs of regaining consiousness, however."

"Great. This is going to look great on my next report. Put United States Sailor into a coma. Awesome.

(OOC All right guys, I'll talk to you when I hit port, I hope :yumeh1:)

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-11-2011, 04:59 AM

(( D= I wish you didn't have to go.see you...))
Rosemary blinked but nodded, deciding it was as good an idea as any.she stood against a wall in a shady spot where she wouldn't be seen, and watched the bartender.she would have to use the bathroom eventually, and Rose was somehow strangely sure she wouldn't get anymore calls tonight."let's see how long this takes." She muttered.

keysburger

Old 07-25-2012, 05:40 AM

Mike awoke in his rack aboard CVN 72, the USS Abraham Lincoln. The general quarters alarm was going off, and Mike could'nt help but notice that this was not a drill. He got dressed and ran to his shop, to make muster and help where rineeded. On the way there, he heard the warning over the 1MC: " Incoming missile, brace for shock!" Mike heard the familiar tune of "row, row, row your boat" building in intensity in his ears, causing him to forget to brace for shock. The missile pierced the skin of the ship precisely 20 feet in front of him shaking him to the deck. He thought "Fuck, I am going to die", but it never happened. He looked at the missile directly in front of him, and it was not detonated. "Stupid terrorists, cant even build good missiles." He said out loud as he tried to get past it cautiously. He tripped and fell, impaling himself on a fin of the missile. Unlike most dreams, this was sharply painfull. The fin went into his stomach and ruptured his kidney. "Suits me right, mocking you." Mike said to himself. Just then, the missile detonated. Mike woke up in a hospitol bed, gasping for air.