Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-09-2013, 02:46 AM

(Supernatural creatures are welcome, the genre of this play is, modern-fantasy, and supernatural. So pretty much anything is welcome, just nothing too futuristic.)

OoC

Welcome to Jumping Jack's

The cafe is a bit small but roomy. It has a cozy, almost homey feel to it. Jumping Jack's is located just on the corner of a busy street in a medium sized city. It hasn't been open long and is in need of employees. Two 'Now Hiring' signs are posted on both of the big front windows that look out towards the street and a smaller sign sits on the counter just next to the cash register.

Inside the cafe the counter is located at the far wall. A doorway set into that wall behind said counter leads to the kitchen. Where a delicious variety of aromas slip from the cracks to tantalize waiting customer's senses. There are all manner of tables and chairs set up along the side walls and in the center of the floor. Leaving enough space in between for people to move about and for waiters to serve customers. The tables and chairs are a beautiful polished cherry wood. The counter tops, though actually marble have been designed to resemble the polished cherry wood tabletops. The floor is a nice stained dark wood that has been polished and deck scrubbed to shine.

Small menus sit neatly on each table, a large menu hangs on the back wall above and behind that counter.

Jumping Jack's is owned and operated by Jade Delacroix.
----------

Rules

1. Follow Mene's rules.
2. PG-13
3. Violence, drama, and romance are not a problem. Just keep it all pg-13
4. Profiles are NOT required I will however have Jade's profile up.

Want to be employed at Jack's?

1. Send me a PM titled Jumping Jack's with your character name, the position you want and a short bio.
2. I will approve or deny your application with a PM. Most likely I will approve it though.
3. There is an assistant manager position. However I will be very picky about who will get it. Though interested people must pm me about it.

----------
Owner/Manager:
Username:
Kry
Character Name: Jade Delacroix

Available positions:

Assistant Manager (I'll be very selective about this)
Waiters/Waitresses
Head chef
Two minor chefs

Taken positions (profiles are in the OOC.)

Entertainer/sometimes cook
Username: Staria
Character Name: Tarana 'Tara' Maeve Baldric

Busgirl
Username: AmaniIshtar
Character Name: Corrine
----------

*Note: Prices are made up. This is a RP. Real money is not taken nor do I want you to send me your gold for make-believe items.*

Menu

*Chefs/House specials are anything the head chef decides to fix that is not on the menu. Prices of those may vary*

Coffee:
Iced Coffee
Fresh Brewed Coffee
Decaf Coffee

SMALL: $1.60 MEDIUM: $1.85 LARGE: $1.95

Tea:
Chai Tea
Green Tea Latte
Green Tea
Hot Tea
Shaken Iced Tea
Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade

SMALL: $3.00 MEDIUM: $3.55 LARGE: $3.85

Coffee Alternatives:
Hot Chocolate
Vanilla Creme
Caramel Apple Cider

SMALL: $2.55 MEDIUM: $2.80 LARGE: $3.05

Sandwiches:
*Sandwiches come with a small bag of chips*
Ham and Swiss
Turkey and Swiss
Terragon Chicken Salad
Tuna Melt
Egg Salad
Roma Tomato and Mozzarella

One plate lunch: $3.50 Two plate lunch: $5.50 Three plate lunch: $7.50 Four plate lunch: 9.50

*Free iced tea with three and four plate lunches*

Salads:
Couscous salad with curried chicken
Deluxe fruit blend

All salads are priced at: $3.25

Cookies:
Chocolate Chip
Oatmeal
Snickerdoodle

One cookie: $.25 Two cookies: $.75 Four cookies: $1.25

Pie and Cakes:
Boston Creme Pie
Apple Pie
Red Velvet Cake
Coconut Custard Pie
Pecan Pie
Peach Cobbler

One slice: $1.25 Half a cake/pie: $5.50

---------- Post added 05-08-2013 at 10:49 PM ----------

Profile:

Username: Kry
Name: Jade Delacroix
Appearance:

Bio: When Jade was very young his biological parents left him in the care of an orphanage. He lived in that orphanage for about three years before a rather wealthy French-American family adopted him. The husband wanting and needing an heir to his company. A young man that he could shape and mold to be the perfect businessman and executive. An owner of a very large American based, but French tech company. Jade was home-schooled by his 'father'. Learning the ways of business and also how to cheat others out of their fair share of the stocks and what not. However, Jade's interests did not lie in the same place as his 'father' wished them to. The man was very abusive, very strict. Jade did what he could to keep his 'father' happy, but it never seemed to be enough. For a long time Jade saved up what money he could get from doing odd jobs and from doing office work for his 'father'. Finally with enough money saved up and now a grown man and able to actually go against his 'father', Jade moved away. Coming to this city, though only a couple hundred miles from where his 'father' lives, to open up and start his own business.

Personality: Jade tries to keep a smile on his face. Though he does keep in slight contact with his 'family' he tries not to let the evidence of his father's abuse show. He tries to be a pleasant and nice person to be around and work with.

Orientation: Jade takes pleasure in the company of young men and young women, though mostly he seems more inclined to young men.

---------- Post added 05-08-2013 at 10:50 PM ----------

Opening Post:

Jade sighed softly, leaning against the counter and staring at the front doors. He had only just flipped the sign around to open a few minutes ago. Though..he did feel a bit hesitant about opening up right now. With no employees to help out. What if he had a huge rush? Gods, how would he be able to keep up. Jade was frowning, and his brow was creased a bit. However, it wouldn't do to think such things. Shaking his head slightly, that frown quickly turning to a smile. He had to smile. Smile for the customers. Instead of his jacket and that red vest, both of which were balled up below the counter, Jade wore a white apron over his black long sleeved shirt. Black pants covered him from waist down, and black on black converse sneakers hid his feet. On the front of the apron was a Jack..like the ones on playing cards, except it didn't have a lower head, it had legs and it appeared to be in the midst of a jumping jack. After all, that was the shop's name, wasn't it? Jade smirked at that.

Outside on the top front of the building was the same thing. Lined with neon lights. A Jack in the midst of doing a jumping jack. The entire thing was amusing. At least to Jade. His smile was real now. No longer forced as he thought of his shop's namesake. He would get customers and he would get employees..and then they would see. He could make it on his own.

Last edited by Kry; 05-09-2013 at 04:43 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-09-2013, 03:10 AM

He shoved the cumbersome bag about, tired already. Darren didn't quite know why he'd thought parking that far from the tournament building had seemed like a good idea. Now that it was over, all he wanted to do was search for a nice, quiet, place to take a break. Perhaps it was early, but for him .. for him it was rather late. The tall man shook orange tendrils from his freckled face and paused when he noticed an open sign. Delighted, he swiveled his bag of fencing equipment around and burst into the shop.

The first thing he did was place his bag of equipment near a table close to the counter. Then his brown eyes roved over the menu for a moment, before he sauntered over to the counter and leaned against it with a smile. "Hey, could I get an order of Vanilla Creme, and ... what sandwich would you recommend? Something filling." Darren made a face as his stomach rumbled loudly, emphasizing that he hadn't eaten in a little while.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 AM

The door opened and Jade nearly jumped. He had been watching that door like a hawk, but his mind had wandered so the entrance of a customer had pleasantly startled him. There was a bright smile on his lips as the other approached the counter before he could even utter a 'welcome'. Now the other was ordering and asking for recommendations. It was hard for Jade to not bounce on his feet. Green eyes bright and full of happiness and an eagerness to please his first customer.

"I would recommend the Tarragon chicken salad sandwich. Or maybe the Roma tomato and mozzarella." He looked very thoughtful for a moment and tapped his chin lightly. "I like to add salami to my Roma sandwiches." Those bright eyes blinked and he looked at his customer expectantly. Wondering which of his recommendations the other male would choose.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 AM

"A roma sandwhich it is." Darren smiled and pushed his long hair over his shoulder with a swift hand movement. "With the salami." He glanced around at the building. "You have a nice looking place here. I'm surprised there aren't more people around." It was a well kept café, reminding him a little of someplace from his home. Speaking of, Darren realized he didn't yet have a place to stay.

Well first thing was first, he needed to fill his stomach.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-09-2013, 03:49 AM

Jade felt giddy when the other picked the roma sandwich and salami. He moved to the other end of the counter to fix the male's beverage. Vanilla Creme. Jade glanced up at the other when he spoke. "Well, I just opened a few minutes ago, so I'm sure people will come in when they notice." It only took a few minutes to fix the beverage and then Jade was setting it on the counter for the other male. "Your sandwich will be ready in just a minute." He was still smiling brightly even as he turned and vanished behind the swinging doors that led into the kitchen.

Jade was terrible with cooking, he really did need a head chef soon. Though it wasn't fair to say he was terrible with cooking. He could bake sweets rather well, had a gift for it really, but trying to cook anything else that wasn't a baked sweet usually ended in a disastrous mess. Even putting a sandwich together often ended up being a very messy affair for the blonde. He took his time, and he was careful. After a few minutes of careful sandwich making Jade stepped out of the kitchen with the sandwich sitting neatly on a plate. Carefully he sat that down on the counter next to the cash register. He pushed a couple buttons on the register. "The total is $6.05." He spoke the words pleasantly and motioned towards the rack of chips. "A bag of chips with every sandwich."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-09-2013, 03:53 AM

Shimmering teal eyes the same color as the Caribbean sea on a bright sunny day peered in the shop from behind wire rimmed glasses. The not quite green and not quite blue orbs seemed filled with uncertainty as she bit her bright red lips in thought, feeling a little shy as she gazed at the two attractive men. Still, she had tried many other places for work... and she was getting down to her last dollar. She gripped the strap of her violin case slightly harder and with a nod to herself gathered her courage. She could do this. After all she could play the violin in front of a crowd for hours and think little of it, even if to her that was easy because of how absorbed she became in her music as did all those who heard it. Her music was literally supernatural in ability so it tended to capture a crowd well enough she had nothing to fear. If worst came to worst she could always play, even if that felt like cheating a bit, then he'd have to hire her! Unless- No... none of that. She couldn't sit here and argue with herself all night! So with one last adjustment of the case she stepped inside. She marched right up to the counter where Jade and Darren stood only to sink back a little as if she'd rather like to hide behind her hat and silky navy hair.

"Um....e...e..excuse me.... You... seem...to be hiring?" She asked in a quiet voice, seeming more like a mouse then anything else at the moment. She glanced at the red haired male a moment, absently thinking it reminded her of a boy she'd liked... or was it Rebecca liked? Tara could never really be sure. She shook off the thought quickly, simply shifting awkwardly from one foot to the other. Maybe she had waited until he payed first? She bit her lip again, muttering a soft apology to the red head. She was tempted to leave but she knew other places would just be more crowded and difficult to get someone to hire her.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-09-2013, 03:58 AM

The young man wrapped his hands around his warm drink as he waited patiently for the rest of his order to be completed. Darren smiled when the sandwich arrived, looking very delicious. He slipped a hand into his pocket, but paused when a nervous woman walked into the café. He nodded kindly, then shifted slightly to place his payment onto the counter. "Keep the change," said Darren jovially, then he turned away with a wave after grabbing plate, drink, chips and all. He settled down at the table then, his equipment bag leaning against his leg and reassuring him that nothing had happened to it.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-09-2013, 04:06 AM

For a moment, when the female entered, Jade seemed torn between the two. He was giving attention to the customer first, but this other person also needed his attention. Oh such a dilemma! Then the male was putting the money on the counter before leaving. Jade's lips made a small 'o' as he picked up the money, then that expression turned to a bright smile "If you need anything else at all don't hesitate to bother me." He called after the male, before his full attention turned to the female. He spoke to her as he put the money in the register. "I am hiring. Are you looking to be hired? I have all kinds of available positions. I'd really really really like a head chef at the moment, but if you aren't interested in that position that's fine too..." Jade spoke excitedly, bright smile on his lips as he rambled rather aimlessly about the positions that were available he didn't mention anything terribly important except for maybe that list of available positions. Finally he trailed off and blinked at her. "Which position were you interested in?"

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-09-2013, 04:21 AM

"Um.... well.... I can cook a little, if you really need me to i mean... but I'd prefer to play my violin.... to.. entertain people and all. If that's okay." The girl responded softly, looking a little taken aback by his hyper speech a moment. Honestly it did overwhelm her to have a stranger talk to her so much, no matter the reason. Still, he did seem nice enough and she began to relax a little as she indicated her violin on her back as she spoke. She half hid behind her glasses and her hair, those vivid and eyes shifting between the two as their color seemed to continue to shift at the slightest change of light or motion to either a little more blue or a little more green depending. Both men seemed nice and very polite she decided, which made them both seem a little less intimidating.

She gave Jade a soft, quick smile as her way of trying to show him she was more comfortable as she watched the two and observed the protectiveness Darren showed to his bag. Inwardly she wondered why he hadn't left it at his hotel or whatever, which of course just made her more curious. Being who she was, or perhaps unconsciously simply to be different from the studious Rebecca, she couldn't help but fall into a slight day dream. Was he a spy with secret papers? A Guardian of some ancient cursed object? Maybe he was really a strange monster and the bag held a special item that's nearness kept him from losing human form!

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-09-2013, 04:34 AM

Jade's eyes seemed to light up, either at the mention she could be a cook or maybe at the mention of a violin. It was probably both really. Jade was fond of violins but his musical talents lay with the piano. He could play the violin some, but his 'father' had insisted he learn the piano. Quickly he shoved those thoughts away. An entertainer. That would be nice, his cafe full of beautiful violin music and he was almost certain she could play the violin beautifully. "That would be wonderful actually. You can be the entertainer, the main entertainer, probably the only one, and when needed you can cook too." He seemed genuinely interested and pleased, and he was. "Alright. You're hired. How soon can you start?" It would be awesome if she could start immediately. He was practically bouncing on his feet, he would have her fill out a proper application later. Just because one would need to be on file for paychecks and such.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-09-2013, 04:47 AM

"I...well... I could start tonight...if you want." She responded, that shy small smile returning with a little more brightness then before. She knew the place was relatively empty but she would love to play and more importantly it would mean the later she had to return to her hotel which would mean less time at said hotel. It was not the sort of hotel the nicest soul hung out at generally but it was cheap and all she had been able to afford. She didn't expect much pay here, but hopefully it'd be enough to get out of that place... She didn't need a five star motel but something a little cleaner and that wasn't the sort of place that could be rented by the hour would be nice. Somewhere quiet... yes she'd like that very much.

In preparation for the idea she wouldn't be going quite yet she slid her violin case forward and opened it slowly after placing it on the counter. She smiled at it's gleaming, well kept surface before she removed it and its bow before shifting them out of the case and onto the counter. She then put the case back on her shoulder and had the violin in hand, holding it casually to the side. It was enchanted not to break so she didn't need to be too careful with it.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 05-09-2013, 05:12 AM

Corrine walked down the sidewalk, practically dancing on her feet. She was so excited to be out among the humans, and going through her tribe's rite. Brushing back a bright green lock of hair behind her pointed ear, Corrine paused when she reached the corner of the sidewalk, glancing around to decide where to go. She wasn't sure what it was, but something about the small building next to her caught her eyes. Sea green eyes sparkled with excitement, seeing people inside and the hiring signs. Using the window, she made sure that her dress was for the most part clean and that she was presentable before opening the door and stepping inside.

"Hello? I'm looking for-"She was cut off suddenly as she yelped. The little draconian stumbled forward to the counter top, her arms swinging wildly, body bent in half. Finally done stumbling, she was standing on one red-booted foot with the other kicked back in the air for balance and her arms splayed in front of her. Eeping quietly, she immediately stood up straight, blushing profusely. "I am so sorry about that. I'm terribly clumsy. But, um, as I was saying I was wondering if you were still hiring, maybe I could be a busgirl..." The diminutive girl finally got out, wringing the hem of her skirt in her hands.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-09-2013, 05:27 AM

"That would be wonderful!" Jade clapped his hands in front of him and bounced rather excitedly on his feet as the girl admitted to being able to start tonight. For a moment he glanced around, as if looking for something. He was looking for a good place for her to set up, or maybe she could just wander through the cafe and play. Lips parted to say as much, when someone else stumbled in. Rather literally stumbled in. Jade's heart nearly stopped in his throat, afraid the girl would fall and hurt herself, he wasn't too concerned about the things in the cafe. Things were easily replaced.

Relief spread across him when the girl didn't fall, and he couldn't help but giggle softly at the comical way she had come to a stop. "You should be very careful." He spoke the words in a rather helpful tone, as if saying such would help her to be less clumsy. Oh, but she was asking for a job! Jade bounced excitedly. "Oh, of course I'm still hiring." He peered closely at her for a moment and then nodded. "Alright. You can be the busgirl. That means all the tables and counters have to be spotless at all times." He grinned at her. Well he didn't really expect things to be completely spotless, but presentable and passable by health codes was good enough for him. Jade blinked suddenly. "Oh! My name is Jade. It'll be a pleasure working with you two." His gaze swept across both females, to indicate them both.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-09-2013, 05:34 AM

"I'm Tara." She responded softly to the introduction, looking again rather surprised by his hyper antics. He seemed so excited! She couldn't help but smile at that even as she glanced at the green haired woman. She seemed almost as shy as Tara herself and a little clumsy. Still she gave her a smile and nodded her head softly before she looked around her. Soon, after temporarily placing her violin's bow in a hook of the case's shoulder band, she would have a small stool set up in one corner furthest from any tables. It wasn't much of a stage but it would be comfortable.

Softly she began to play, a gentle melody that rose and fell like ocean gentle waves. If one listened well enough one could almost hear the sound of the ocean against the shore and feel it tickling at their toes. It evoked a feeling of peace and relaxation, an evening on the beach beneath the stars. As she played her eyes closed and Tara would seem utterly unaware of anyone around her. Then again, knowing her she likely WAS at that beach in her head looking out at a moonlit ocean.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-09-2013, 05:47 AM

When the male mentioned to her about being careful, she grinned bashfully, one hand coming up to scratch the back of her head. Pausing as she heard him accept her as the busgirl, she squealed and bounced on her feet happily. "Yay! Thank you so much! I won't disappoint!" Corrine shouted just a little bit in her exuberance. "Oh! I'm Corrine, or Corr for short." She added after she paused in her bouncing. Moving forward she stopped just at the edge of the counter, easily the counter top was at eye level for her. The little draconian pouted about her short stature, but shook her head a little, letting her expression settle back to determined. "Um, so do I have to wear an uniform? And where are the cleaning supplies?" She asked even as she pulled off her red cloak and her purse, looking around for a place she could store her stuff.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-09-2013, 06:02 AM

When Tara started playing, Jade seemed lost in the music for a few moments. It was wonderful, and Jade adored the sound of a violin. Especially one in the hands of a skilled player, which Tara seemed extremely skilled. At least in his opinion. As Corrine spoke, he blinked and shook his head slightly. For a moment it seemed as if Jade hadn't heard her, but he had. That bright smile was on his lips. "There's little foot lockers under the main counter." He took a couple steps back and pointed down to the little cubby holes that were built into the bottom of the counter. They couldn't be seen from the customer side. "No uniforms, but I recommend black colored clothing, as stains can't be seen as well on them. Also we have aprons, you're more than welcome to one or two if you need an extra. I'll get you one." He twirled around on one foot and vanished into the double swinging doors behind him. He came back almost three seconds later with an apron in his hand. They were just on a peg by the door really. "Here we are."

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-09-2013, 06:26 AM

The green haired girl paused as she stood to listen to the music, entranced by it very much. So much so, she almost missed Jade's response. Putting her stuff where he indicated, she smiled as he came out from the back with the apron. "Well, I don't really have any clothes or a place to stay yet, beyond what I'm wearing and sleeping outside...Which isn't so bad. I'm used to it!" She commented easily as she tied the apron around her waist, spinning in a little circle to make sure it looked alright. Looking around the backside of the counter she found a couple rags. Snatching up one, she bounced back out to the front, humming a song from her people that seemed to match the violin's song. There had been high hopes in her tribe when she'd left, the oldest daughter of the shaman leaving for her rite of adulthood. Her humming was a private prayer in actuality, hoping for the happiness of her people.

She went through and wiped down all the tables, straightened all the menus, napkin holders, and the rolls of silverware. She'd managed so far to not trip over anything, but her luck didn't seem to last. She had no idea what she tripped over, likely her own two feet, but she stumbled then fell backwards on her butt, legs bent against her thighs, the rag covering her head. "Ooooh. That hurt a little." Corr murmured even as she slowly stood, brushing off her dress and the apron, then continued on her self-appointed job.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-10-2013, 11:30 PM

He was quite absorbed in eating his sandwich. It really was rather good. Fresh bread, soft crust, juicy tomatoes, crunchy lettuce and just enough spice from the meat ... Darren could almost go for another. He lifted his head, gazing at the two new staff members with obvious curiosity. When the smaller girl fell, his lips twitched up in a half amused smile. She was a little clumsy to be a busgirl it seemed. Maybe fencing could help with her balance? It was a thought.

Out of what seemed like nowhere, strains of music began dancing through the room. The violin evoked something flowing, and fresh. It reminded Darren of water, of the sea breeze and it's endless beauty. It was obvious to him that the young woman playing was quite talented. His complimentary thoughts were turned away as the young seeming girl fell again. With a shake of his head, the tall red head stood and walked to her side as she cleaned the tables busily. "Hey there. I couldn't help but notice how ... " Now how to say it without offending her? "... how much the floor trips you up. If you want, I could give you a fencing lesson or two. Maybe the exercises could help you with that." He glanced at his bag, tugging his red hair nervously. His weapons were all in there, and losing them was something Darren really didn't want to have happening.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-12-2013, 03:03 AM

Tara paused in her playing as she heard the girl fall, momentarily startled. She blinked at the two, watching as the red head stood. She might have checked on the girl herself but he seemed like he was physically stronger and would be more use anyway. She nodded to herself as if satisfied and watched him again being so careful about his bag. When he spoke of fencing she looked momentarily disappointed that the bag likely only contained fencing gear. It was so much more mundane then she imagined... Still, being herself it wouldn't stay that way. Maybe his sword was somehow special? Maybe it was enchanted like her violin! Maybe it had belonged to someone close enough to him and their spirit was trapped inside! These and other thoughts soon had her lost in another day dream as she watched the two, making sure Corrine was alright.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-12-2013, 11:46 AM

Corrine paused as she finished wiping the table she'd fallen next to, to look at the gentleman that had walked towards her. "I didn't know the floor could trip me... Momma said I was always clumsy, tripping over nothing." She thought aloud to herself, head tilting sideways a little. Focusing on the rest of his sentence, she smiled widely. Clasping her hands behind her back as she rocked back onto her heels, she giggled a little. "That's very nice of you, thank you! But I already know some basics. Poppa wanted to make sure I would always know how to defend myself." Of course she, and many of the other tribesmen had guessed that her clumsiness was more or less due to her adolescence within the tribe. There had been times where one would leave clumsy and thought of as weak, then come back graceful, sure-footed, and strong. Corr hoped she'd be one of those draconians too, she was eager to grow above 4'10".

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 PM

Jade had made to move when Corrine fell again but it seemed his customer had beat him to it. That was alright. So long as everyone was alright and no one got hurt from his new employee's clumsiness. Still he couldn't help but wonder how safe his dishes would be. Still they could certainly be easier to replace and it would be better for dishes to break instead of people. He ran a hand through his hair, watching the two for a moment, and then his green eyes shifted to the violinist. She had stopped playing, but for a moment it seemed she was only concerned for Corrine, that concerned look seemed to change though. Jade continued to smile as it became clear to him that Tara was lost in some day dream now.

With a shake of his head, to clear away distractions, Jade began moving about behind the counter. Mostly straightening things that didn't really need it and wiping down the tops of the glass display cases that most of the sweet things were displayed in. A lot of the cakes and other sweets in the display cases weren't even on Jade's menu. He couldn't help it, he had gotten carried away with baking and making sure he had enough items to open the cafe with. He started to hum lightly as he moved around making sure everything was nice and clean and presentable.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 PM

He smiled and laughed a little at the girl's words. She was such a determined, joyous, little thing. Darre inclined his head, so that his eyes met hers. "Well then, let me know if you change your mind. Excuse me, I just need to go and ask the owner something." He turned away, his eyes moving to the shop's owner. Surely, if there was someone there who had some idea as to where there might be some apartments to rent, it would be him.

With that in mind, he moved to tap Jade's shoulder. "Hey, I was wondering, do you know anyplace renting apartments?"
He failed at planning. Trust Darren to leap into a new city with only a bag full of fencing equipment and himself. He relied on his luck, more then anything else, to survive.

---------- Post added 05-20-2013 at 08:20 PM ----------

Byron walked down the street, hands in his pockets and eyes wary. He'd had another dream, but he couldn't quite put his finger on what it had meant. The monster hadn't been the same as usual, it had been paler somehow, less real. That worried him. Where they finding ways to escape him? His hands tightened into fists when his grey eyes caught sight of an enticing sign.

It was too enticing, like honey calling flies in to become prey. The blond man adjusted his shirt, his supple leather jacket, and walked into the café with a smile. His breath caught in his throat at the sight of a shock of blond hair, so much like what he'd seen in his vision. The two women barely registered, save as people for him to protect, and the other man was another threat. So be it, he would deal with them all eventually.

Byron walked to the counter, and leaned against it to wait and see what would happen next. It looked like the monster was occupied, busy, and was probably one of the employees of the restaurant.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-20-2013, 11:34 PM

Jade gasped lightly and jumped a bit when he was tapped on the shoulder. His hand flying to his chest, as if that could still his rapidly beating heart. He whirled around the face the young man, that hand still over his heart. It was stupid, being approached by someone, even if not expecting it shouldn't have startled him. After all there were people in the cafe, he should have expected something. Anything. For some reason though, it had startled him. That hand lowered, and he gave Darren a bright smile, more to show that he was rather amused at himself at being startled by the other.

He raised a hand to scratch at the back of his head a little thoughtfully. "I dunno. You could probably try Craighead street. There are a lot of apartments there, surely one of them will be available. It's only a little ways in that direction." Jade pointed off in a direction to indicate where the street was. "Surely someone there would know of more places if one of those aren't available." There was an apartment right above the cafe, with some stairs leading up to it nestled in a corner of the kitchen, but that was where Jade was living. Of course he wouldn't deny anyone the use of his apartment if they really needed it, but this man didn't seem to need it. He could surely find an empty apartment on his own. "Let me know if you can't get an apartment and I'll see if I can help more." Jade was sincere, he really did like helping people.

Someone entered the cafe, and Jade politely excused himself from Darren, to cheerfully skip his way behind the counter so that he could greet his new customer in a friendly manner. "Welcome to Jumping Jack's, I'm the owner, Jade, what can I get for you today?" He beamed brightly at the other, trying his best to come off as welcoming and friendly, and trying not to act all that hyper at having another customer in his shop. He bounced slightly on his feet, it was hard for him to contain his excitement. Two employees and two customers, this day could only get better if more customers and employees came in. He was sure they would. Today was such a good day.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-20-2013, 11:49 PM

Byron watched as the man with the bag thanked the blond then walked out of the restaurant. Good, that was one less person to worry about. Quickly, his attention focused on the bouncing store owner. The owner, well that could work out well depending on how things went. The tall man smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. "My name's Byron, and I was wondering if I could have the ..." He leaned back to try and find the menu. "The turkey and swiss sandwich with a regular chip and medium green tea."

How would he even begin to ask the questions he needed? His mind raced, going through one option after the other and dismissing them all. The two women had nothing to do with this, they were the ones in danger, drawn in by this honey haired monster into a trap.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 PM

Jade waved at Darren when the other left, but most of his attention was on his new customer, Byron. He was still bouncing slightly on his feet as the man gave his order, bright smile on his lips. Those green eyes filled with innocent happiness. Once again he was thinking how wonderful a day it was already. "Of course, your sandwich will be out in a moment." He whirled around to disappear into the kitchen to prepare the turkey and swiss sandwich. He was in the kitchen for a few minutes before he came out with the sandwich on a plate, that was set on the counter and then he moved off to the side to prepare the tea and grab a bag of regular chips. Soon those to items were brought to rest on the counter next to the plate and Jade was pushing buttons on the cash register. "That brings your total to $7.05." He spoke the words rather cheerfully.