Half-Moon
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-27-2010, 04:07 PM

Anyone else love his books? :D

Written by Eoin Colfer:
- The Artemis Fowl series
- Half-Moon Investigations (Which was also a show on the BBC (CBBC))
- The Supernaturalist

I know he's written other books but these are the only ones I've managed to buy so far :3

I don't know anybody else who likes, or reads, his books.
And it'd be nice to have a friend I could talk to about it.

Perverted Prince
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-28-2010, 12:40 AM

I tried a few of his books. Not my thing. A friend of mine really loved it though and I heard somehwere that they're making an Artemis Fowl movie. I may not have been a fan of the books but I'd still go see the movie because I did like the storyline. I dunno what it was about the books that turned me off to it actually. Maybe the way it was written or something?

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 09-28-2010, 01:40 AM

I gotta say....the Artemis Fowl series was a guilty pleasure for me. I loved it. >< Artemis was such a cool character, until he became all sappy and good. Then he just kinda...became uninteresting. I loved his Butler, though. He was amazing. Didn't read the other series, however.

rawcookiedough
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-29-2010, 05:02 PM

I still love the Artemis Fowl series. Artemis is a great character and unlike many childrens series/novels he actually changes.
I can't wait to see the movie. Colfer said it would have things the book didn't have 'cause he's been given permission to play with it. I can't wait to see what he comes up with. :)
It's the first time I've been excited to see a change from book to movie. Haha. I think it's because he was so upfront about it and said he'd make it the best he can for his current fans. That he didn't want to just give us a visual of the book, but something slightly new and exciting.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-18-2010, 06:41 PM

I read the Artemis Foul series. It was an okay read but I probably wouldn't read them again. I wasn't a huge fan of the setting with the fairies and that. I did like the centaur Foaly though.

RainbowRhino
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-18-2010, 08:10 PM

I liked the first Artemis Fowl when I was (much) younger, but I couldn't get into the other ones. The alphabet at the bottom was pretty cool in sixth grade, though. I liked Commander Root and Butler.

The only other thing I've read by him is the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sequel, which I found absolutely detestable. Not sure if that's Colfer's fault, or the fault of whoever's stupid idea it was to let someone, who writes and thinks totally different from Douglas Adams, continue the series. It seems almost conceited, to think that you should be permitted to add on to another author's finished work. I could rant for hours on that topic...

So, in short, I am biased against Eoin Colfer in a very serious way.

RisikaFox
is bored... Amuse me? ^^

Old 10-18-2010, 08:24 PM

I have not read any of his books, aside from the Artemis Fowl ones. ^^ But I do love me some Artemis Fowl. I really do dislike the new covers though. The original style was sooo much better.

Therealsuzakufan
Gryfon

Old 11-03-2010, 03:17 PM

I love Eoin Colfers books ALOT. My favorite books by him are The Artemis Fowl series, The Supernaturalist, and The Wish List.

Therinert

Old 11-23-2010, 04:55 PM

I read all the artemis fowl books and loved them. i started to read the supernaturalist but never finished it.

Hikari_namikaze
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-28-2010, 11:21 AM

The Eternity Code and Atlantis Complex and I'll have the Artemis Fowl Series complete ;D
I LOVE The Lost Colony. It was my first one, I got it from a library for being a regular.

I'm after Half-Moon Investigation and Airman and if I'm not wrong, the Wishlist or something?
Eoin's other books.