Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 04:11 AM

I give CK a kanchou!

Watery Star
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2011, 05:51 AM

Feeling a bit too emotional over the loss my precious, I take a time out to indulge in some pie.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 08-07-2011, 06:53 AM

Squaring my shoulders, I decide to take my Grams' advice to never trust naked red imps whose names start with P; that guy's had it out for me from the start!

Last edited by Seiki Nova; 08-07-2011 at 07:22 PM..

diaveborn
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2011, 07:35 AM

I go up to Yumeh and search the kitty's person (felineson?) for objects.

lydia1020
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 07:36 AM

I decide that it might be best to just go through everybody's pockets, not all of them can have my shiney, but they might have other interesting things in there.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:22 PM

That glint in her eye is very suspicious... Squinting my eyes in cepticism, I walk over to Cherry to demand my shiny back or her ice cream as a payment.

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 03:13 PM

I somehow make a shadow doppelganger to help me, by searching pockets, while I do an afrodonkey dance.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-07-2011, 10:37 PM

It's rolling time! Acobjum, please remember, only one suggestion per story update. Your second suggestion is void.

Liztress is 1, Carzeebear is 2, Acobjum is 3, CK is 4, Watery Star is 5, Seiki is 6, diaveborn is 7, lydia 1020 is 8, NeuzaKC is 9 and jessieomer is 10. Good turn out this time!
The 10-sided dice lands on 2
Story to follow momentarily!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
I look around for anyone who is trying to escape or is possibly watching me with very suspicious looks.
As the crowd bustles around you, coming and going from all matter of booths and games, it's difficult to tell who might be making a run for the exit from who's simply making a run for the port-a-potty.

You feel stricken with sadness and grief. This must be what it's like to lose a loved one. "OH, SHINY!" you yell into the night air, "I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU!" You're halfway through a melodramatic sob when you notice something behind the nearest trashcan. Are those red horns? Peeblo! He must have stolen your shiny and then hidden behind the trashcan because... because that's convenient for you!

"Oi! You little red bugger, I know you took my shiny! Give it back!" you demand, cornering him against the edge of the boardwalk.

"What the heck are you talking about, lady... sir... thing!"

Is he making fun of the fact that you're 10 people at once?! He is! Now the little cretin is really asking for it!

"Are you making fun of the fact that I'm 10 people at once?! Now you're really asking for it, you little cretin!" You shout, far too angry to even care how redundant of your inner narrative you're being.

"SHEESH! Sorry! Maybe I just don't take too well to accusations of theft!" Peeblo says.

"It's not an accusation! It's a truthsation!" You scream, pointing your finger menacingly. You've never been too good at eloquence when angry.

"Criminy! Look, I'm tellin' ya, I didn't take nothin' of yours, alright? If I did, I'd tell you, cause I can't resist a good brag!"

"I don't believe you! Empty your pockets at once, foul demon!"

"Uh... no pants?" Peeblo says, pointing to his bare legs. That's right... no pants means no pockets.

"I'm not done with you!" You scream before storming off in a huff. But that's a lie, you're pretty much done with Peeblo. He seems to be telling the truth. Just last week he stole your book, and he certainly bragged right to you about that... So he probably doesn't have your shiny. But there's still plenty of ne'er-do-wells lurking around the boardwalk...
Quote:
  • Cecilia, Jeryck's granddaughter. She likely took Jeryck's clipboard, and little girls do love pretty jewelry. She probably meant no harm by it, she's a sweet girl, but that doesn't mean she didn't do it...
  • Lise is certainly mysterious. You've heard that those bear heads she gives out are toys she stole from the Toymaker and destroyed, so theft might not be beyond her...
  • Yumeh is certainly mischievous for a kitty. The glint might have caught his eye and he could have snatched right from your pocket. That crown he wears certainly suggests he has an eye for bling...
  • Vicky may seem sweet, but there was that time she went crazy a few years ago... Or was that some kind of possession thing? You don't remember, but you do know she loves beautiful jewelry. And no one can be that nice, right?
  • Lapis, the owner of Jewel's Dream. Might she have snatched the shiny to sell in her own store?
  • Cherry Flavored Antacid is still sitting off to one side eating an ice cream cone. There's a glint in her eyes. Is it a glint of thievery or of ice cream love?
Will you confront one of these would-be villains or will you do something else entirely?

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 12:12 AM

As I said earlier knock the ice cream out of Cherry's hand and start a fight with her.

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-08-2011, 02:07 AM

Feeling frustrated, I take my anger out on a good game of darts.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-08-2011, 02:45 AM

We need a few more suggestions before the next go. :)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 02:46 AM

I persist with asking Cecilia if she saw what happened to my shiny.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 08-08-2011, 04:55 AM

I look over all at the suspects, anger slowly building before marching towards Cherry and taking her ice cream as a hostage.

Watery Star
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-08-2011, 05:26 AM

I march towards Lapis hoping I'm not too late.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-08-2011, 06:03 AM

It's rollin' time, guys and gals!

Acobjum is 1, jessieomer is 2, Carzeebear is 3, Liztress is 4, Watery Star is 5.

The 5-sided dice lands on 4

Stay tuned for the story!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieomer View Post
Feeling frustrated, I take my anger out on a good game of darts.
"HNYAH! TAKE THAT! AND THAT!" you shriek, tossing darts viciously in the general direction of a dart board. The owner of the dart booth is long gone, run off to the medical tent after you hit him more than once. You've pinned to the board a quick and crude doodle of all your suspects (Cessy, Vicky, Yumeh, Lise, Lapis, and Cherry), not that many of your darts are making it to the board. Most of the doodle people have mustaches, devil horns, blacked out teeth, zits, and stink lines. You always did well in art class.

"THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO TAKE MY SHINY, YOU NO GOOD DAGGUM POOP HEADS!" You hurl a few more darts somewhere in front of you.

"'Scuse me!" A tiny voice pipes up and you feel a tug on your shirt. You look down to see Cecilia, although you almost fail to recognize her without a scribbled mustache. You instinctively reach for a dart anyway. "My grandpa had to go home to get somethin' and he said you'd watch me!" Cecilia smiles sweetly, chilling your fiery rage.

"I... A... Okay," you say, unable to resist her cute happy powers.

"Whatcha doin'? Oooh, I love darts! My grandpa says I'm not allowed to play with the real ones until I'm older. I have a safe dart board at home! I'm real good at it! Do they got any rubber darts here?"

"I, uh, no," you say, quickly ripping your nefarious doodle down from the dart board before Cessy can notice her likeness on it. "These ones are, uh, real dangerous. Poison-tipped. For grown-ups. Grown-up grown-ups. Super grown-ups."

"That sounds scary! Wait, you're a super grown-up! Coooool! Does that mean you have powers? Do you get to save people? Can we go save someone? I want to help!" Cessy starts jumping up and down excitedly. You see an opportunity to use this to your advantage.

"Uh, yes! In fact, I'm on a mission right now!" Do superheroes have missions? You're thinking of spies. Do you know the difference between a superhero and a spy? "I'm trying to find a beautiful treasure that was stolen! It was stolen from... uhm... an orphanage... a blind orphanage... with amputees... who have cancer." That sounds sad enough. Definitely better than admitting it's something that wasn't even really yours in the first place.

"Who would steal from sick orphans?!" Cessy says.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out!" you say, slowly but surely getting to your point. "I have reason to suspect that someone on this very boardwalk has stolen the treasure..." Cessy gasps in response. "It's a big, beautiful gem on a long chain. It's a beautiful amethyst - uh, purple - color. It's about this big," you say, making a fist.

"That sounds so pretty!" Cessy exclaims.

"It is! And it's really shiny. I'll let you wear it for a few minutes if you help me find it!"

"Okay!" Cessy's back to jumping up and down now.

"Good. Now, let's split up so we can find this quicker..."

Where should you go and where should Cessy go? The remaining suspects are Lise, Yumeh, Vicky, Lapis and Cherry (Check the previous post for possible motivation). You and Cessy can do one thing each.

(Don't forget, you have a helper now! Your suggestions must include something for you to do and something for Cessy to do. So list 2 actions and which of you is doing which.)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 AM

Now that Cessy is helping me, I ask her to track down Yumeh, as she always had a way with that cat.

Meanwhile I decide to question Lapis.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-08-2011, 06:32 AM

Is everyone having fun so far? Any suggestions to help improve your experience? :)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 AM

I'm loving it! It allows me to roleplay, and suck at roleplaying simultaneously. :XD I like posting as little as possible.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-08-2011, 06:38 AM

It's very good for that! :lol: I was just concerned that people might not have much fun, being able to contribute so little. I'm not sure how much fun it is directly affecting the story - or rather, having a chance to.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 09:45 AM

Personally I'm loving it.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:44 AM

I love it, Cherry! Been a while since I had so much fun posting something. XD Exercisin' mah lit skills, yeah.

I tell Cessy to go find Yumeh, as every other suspect is certainly able to sweet-talk her with lies. As for me, I haven't forgotten about Cherry and her ice cream!

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-08-2011, 06:14 PM

Cessy wanders off to get lost in the cotton candy booth while I leave a trail of sardines to lure Yumeh to me.

and I love this thing. I think its fun, it gives me one suggestion to make and doesn't have me stressing out about how I want to roleplay.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 AM

Story time will be soon, so if you haven't posted a suggestion for this round yet, now's your chance!

Watery Star
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-09-2011, 02:33 AM

I tell Cessy to go find Yumeh while I question Lapis.

I like this game a lot. I tried to do a "choose your own adventure" game on gaia but I did it a different way. I like yours better ^_^;

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 08-09-2011, 02:36 AM

Each quickly donning a spy suit, you send Cessy to track down Yumeh as you go after Lise.