Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 02-24-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Yes of course, but who owns the moon? What laws would it follow? The odds of putting missles on the moon would potentially tip off WWIII. Lets face it.. most countries would put nukes on the moon if they had a base.

Perhaps, but consider the many tanks on these items. Likely several are a mixture of oxygen. If the air thins out at a point, then simply provide it yourself if needed. If you watched the launch it did not take very long, the supplies needed would not be so severe we couldn't provide them.

What need is there for a gas station when we have far better methods now of providing that? Such as using a slingshot of gravity. We have done so with several satellites.
What satellites? I didn't see any satellites with that FakeX car spinning around, did you?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-24-2018, 11:13 PM

Not every satellite has a camera. And of those, I highly doubt you would have access to many of them.

You also have to consider 99% of satellites will be facing toward earth. Many observatories are observing stars, not a car. So it's easy to "drive" under the radar after the launch because if they wanted to look at it on their lunch break they can but they aren't being paid to stare at a car.

The world is not in conspiracy against you. Some guy just simply wanted to shoot a car into space because he could.
Instead of spewing all this conspiracy hate about a highly intelligent man, perhaps you should build a rocket attach several cameras to it and show us this flat earth live :)

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 02-25-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
The seeker after the truth is not one who studies the writings of the ancients and, following his natural disposition, puts his trust in them, but rather the one who suspects his faith in them and questions what he gathers from them, the one who submits to argument and demonstration, and not to the sayings of a human being whose nature is fraught with all kinds of imperfection and deficiency. Thus the duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and, applying his mind to the core and margins of its content, attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency.
Alhazen, quoted in “Muslim Journeys".
Bonus quote of the day.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-25-2018, 07:49 AM

Of course, and your skepticism of the earth being round falls into that subject which we must attack from all angles does it not?

Have you exposed yourself to opinions that conflict with your own to find where your theories are wrong and where you are correct? (Because we are never 100% correct every time)

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 02-25-2018, 07:56 AM

If there are always two sides of a coin then it stands to reason that if "conspiracy hate" can exist, then "hoax hate" must also exist.
For the record, I don't hate Elon Musk, but rather what I hate is that he is perpetrating a hoax against humanity. But I don't believe it all falls at his doorstep. He is clearly under the wing of NASA. That SpaceX is a private space entity is laughable.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-25-2018, 08:02 AM

The world isn't so black and white as you might think. Sure it was a publicity stunt, but he did actually fire a car into space. I mean... he's got money to blow... though I'm not sure how he got home after that.

Well it is currently private. Eventually it will become commercial.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 02-25-2018, 08:16 AM

https://youtu.be/Ecjpt9ZFs5g

I know how much you love my posted videos so I've taken the liberty of posting another that show rocket landing fakery as plain as a cloudy day. Or is it a partly cloudy day? Hmmm.

To shorten things just a bit, just watch the 3 to 4 minute marks, if you would, please. I know you're a busy guy and all, but hey, you somehow manage to find your way here. And I appreciate that.

---------- Post added 02-25-2018 at 01:29 AM ----------

Quote:
The world isn't so black and white as you might think. Sure it was a publicity stunt, but he did actually fire a car into space. I mean... he's got money to blow... though I'm not sure how he got home after that.

Well it is currently private. Eventually it will become commercial.
I'm sorry, but when SpaceX receives subsidies from the government, then SpaceX is no longer private. The United States government is not in the business of just giving away money it stole from all of us to allow someone like Elon Musk to do as he pleases and spend ninety million dollars sending a car into orbit just for fun.

To believe otherwise is horribly naive.

It's unseen to us, but there is a contract involved. Millionaires and billionaires just don't shuffle boatloads of money around without there being a contract involved.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 02-25-2018 at 08:30 AM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-26-2018, 03:55 PM

Many companies receive money from the government to do things the government can't do.
And just because the government says they'll pay them doesn't mean they will. My old job had to sue the government for not paying. The company I worked for was not in any way part of the government.

Of course there is a contract, it's called a business deal. But just because you write a contract doesn't mean you own someone. That's exactly why my work was able to sue for what they were owed.

Well... perhaps one day a flat earther will launch a rocket and show us then. If they're so certain they seem resistant to actually proving it with action. It takes more than just words.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 02-26-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Many companies receive money from the government to do things the government can't do.
And just because the government says they'll pay them doesn't mean they will. My old job had to sue the government for not paying. The company I worked for was not in any way part of the government.

Of course there is a contract, it's called a business deal. But just because you write a contract doesn't mean you own someone. That's exactly why my work was able to sue for what they were owed.

Well... perhaps one day a flat earther will launch a rocket and show us then. If they're so certain they seem resistant to actually proving it with action. It takes more than just words.
Well, here's a test you can do. On the spinning globe earth, water has to bend to keep with curvature, does it not? Yet, one cannot see any bend, bulge, or curving of water over any expanse of water small or great. According to the earth curvature calculator, the earth will show curvature at a rate of eight inches per mile cubed.

This means that at the end of one mile, you will be eight inches lower than the point from which you began. So get yourself a laser or telephoto lens camera to see if distant objects or the opposite shore disappears due to curvature.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-27-2018, 01:11 AM

But according to your flat earth theories you so regularly quote, the horizon should then be flat. This comes with 2 major flaws.

1. On an airplane I can take a photo, go into MS Paint and draw a straight line. The horizon will not match up with that line.

2. If your horizon should be flat, the earth can not be any fathomable shape. a Disc would have a curve, a Square would have a defined point. Both of these would get more and more noticeable as you get higher up.

So regardless of what math you try to use against me, the visual effect of the flat earth theory does not apply.

I feel like we've had this discussion before.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 02-27-2018, 10:09 PM

I just want to know. Did he leave the keys in the ignition of the car ?

Also is there random crap in the glove compartment ?

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-01-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
But according to your flat earth theories you so regularly quote, the horizon should then be flat. This comes with 2 major flaws.

1. On an airplane I can take a photo, go into MS Paint and draw a straight line. The horizon will not match up with that line.

2. If your horizon should be flat, the earth can not be any fathomable shape. a Disc would have a curve, a Square would have a defined point. Both of these would get more and more noticeable as you get higher up.

So regardless of what math you try to use against me, the visual effect of the flat earth theory does not apply.

I feel like we've had this discussion before.
Have you ever been on a jet?

---------- Post added 03-01-2018 at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM_ROCK View Post
I just want to know. Did he leave the keys in the ignition of the car ?

Also is there random crap in the glove compartment ?
https://youtu.be/urAvwQyUKZE

I'm sure the keys are in Studio 33 somewhere.

Take a gander, if you will, at the 1:30 minute mark and see if you can identify the black mark that is on the earth.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-02-2018, 08:10 AM

To answer what that black spot is, we must ask WHERE that is. I'd presume it's likely a body of water.

The mode of transportation isn't really that important. It is the height of which the photo was taken where I am taking my references. From that height according to your "conspiracy" the horizon should be flat. It is not. I've shared photos I took myself before to explain this.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-02-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
To answer what that black spot is, we must ask WHERE that is. I'd presume it's likely a body of water.

The mode of transportation isn't really that important. It is the height of which the photo was taken where I am taking my references. From that height according to your "conspiracy" the horizon should be flat. It is not. I've shared photos I took myself before to explain this.
If you watched the aforementioned video, then you would know wherre this black mark is.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-03-2018, 09:16 AM

Science: observable, testable, repeatable.

Water always finds its level. This is observable, testable, and repeatable.
On a globe, water would have to curve, bend, or bulge to fit around the globe earth. No curved water has ever been observed that I know of. Therefore, it's safe to say that curved water on a globe is NOT observable, testable, and certainly not repeatable.

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 04:02 AM ----------

Photographs of both a flat horizon and curved horizon exist.
Depending upon the type and quality of the camera lens, you will either see a flat horizon or a curved horizon. In some instances, a flexing of the horizon can be observed. Obviously, the horizon does not flex and this error can be attributed to the specific camera that such noticeable lens distortion.

Being the silly fool that I am, I choose to rely upon my own senses to keep me alive. Naturally, my eyesight is the sense I rely on the most. That being said, I trust what I observe first with my eyes rather than an image taken by any camera. I've stood on many beaches and have only observed a flat horizon. Ball earthers like to claim that the ocean extending to the horizon beyond one's eyesight proves earth's curvature. Well, it does not. One reason is that our eyesight is limited. We cannot see into infinity. Our eyesight is also limited by air density, atmospheric lensing, light refraction, and other factors. If you look up the weather forecast for the day, you are given approximate sight distance depending on current weather conditions. Even on a clear day the maximum sight distance is always ten miles.

So, if you are standing on the beach, and you observe a boat sail beyond your eyesight, this boat didn't "go over the curve" as so many like to say, but rather the boat is merely out of view. Sight aids such as binoculars, telescopes, and cameras with zoom capabilities can bring the boat back into view. And there are many good videos on YouTube demonstrating this. But you won't care to watch any of these videos since they are contrary to what you already believe.

Another point is that curvature on a ball earth has to include curvature from a 'y' axis, and not just an 'x' axis. Otherwise, we would have to live on a tube earth for this to occur.

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 04:27 AM ----------

I've stood on a beach and have observed nothing but a flat horizon. I've stood on many elevated places and have only observed a flat horizon. I've flown on jets several times and have only observed a flat horizon. You can go ahead and trust what you see from a camera, but I will not. Cameras equipped with a fish eye lens like the GoPro lens are notorious for producing photos with slight to extreme lens distortion. And again, there are thousands of examples of photos featuring lens distortion online should you care to take a gander.

You can choose to believe what lying scientists tell you, but I choose to believe what my own eyesight tells me.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 03-03-2018 at 10:11 AM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-03-2018, 03:07 PM

The reason I don't watch your videos is because they're being made by people who did not bother to get a background in science.

You continue to fail to explain to me how on a flat planet there is no curve. If you observe basic geometry and apply it to the theories of the flat earth you will see a circle. As the dot in the middle the horizon is flat, but as you extend upward you will begin to see an increasing curve until you can see the entire circle in view.

Science test: Draw a circle. See curve.

I've also applied this to 3 dimensional world building software. In order to begin building you must start with a plane (a flat surface), which is a square. The shape of the world is visible at eye level. 4 points 4 lines can be seen. As you get higher this gets highly distorted. Given that there are no such phenomenon on earth is it safe to assume it is either a sphere or a circle because of previously mentioned curve.

-shrug- But having to explain this 3 times shows me you're not interested in facts xP

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-03-2018, 10:56 PM

Everyone has their opinion. I tend to see the curve in the world. But that's just in my everyday life. You know, since I've never been to outer space. Anyway I like healthy discussion and differences of opinions I just don't like to see people get upset because you're not seeing my opinion or your opinion the way it should be. This is how I like the world to be this is how I try and make my life. I know people say that my opinion is rubbish and it makes them sick. But my opinion is based on things that affect my life and those I love. It's not that I don't have compassion for others, because I truly do. However the things that form my opinion are things that are closest to me and mine. I've started to try and watch and read things that don't relate to how I think of things to see if I can brought in my opinion and the way I see things. It actually has helped but I still feel the way I feel. And I think that's what each of you're trying to say to each other. If you don't want to watch the video don't watch the video. If you've had to explain it three times and it's still not accepted as fact so be it. But you can't continue to have debates about it without getting upset or frustrated or angry. And that's my opinion. I'm not saying I haven't had to swallow my pride or how I feel about something listening to someone else berate me because I have. I am a Catholic and I have really been given the business from other people over religion. I can't backup all of my beliefs by science and even by biblical text, but I do back it up by my face in my religion. And I'm not trying to turn this into a holy war either I'm just trying to give something that's relatable very personal to me how I can back it up by science or fax but I still believe it to the core of my Soul, none the less.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-03-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
The reason I don't watch your videos is because they're being made by people who did not bother to get a background in science.

You continue to fail to explain to me how on a flat planet there is no curve. If you observe basic geometry and apply it to the theories of the flat earth you will see a circle. As the dot in the middle the horizon is flat, but as you extend upward you will begin to see an increasing curve until you can see the entire circle in view.

Science test: Draw a circle. See curve.

I've also applied this to 3 dimensional world building software. In order to begin building you must start with a plane (a flat surface), which is a square. The shape of the world is visible at eye level. 4 points 4 lines can be seen. As you get higher this gets highly distorted. Given that there are no such phenomenon on earth is it safe to assume it is either a sphere or a circle because of previously mentioned curve.

-shrug- But having to explain this 3 times shows me you're not interested in facts xP
What's funny is the actornots themselves probably have no background in science. They're supposedly conducting science experiments, but I don't know what those "experiments" are. Perhaps you do, but I don't. The only science experiment I ever heard of NASA actornots perform was growing lettuce on the International Fake Station. And that took 33 days. It's also funny how often the number 33 shows up with NASA along with 666.

Runway 33 at Edwards AFB in California.
Actornot Peggy Whitson in space for a record 666 days.
Studio 33 at Universal Studios. Every movie produced by Universal Studios shows that crappy claymation rotating globe earth.
The axis of the earth is 66.6 degrees from the vertical.
The earth supposedly hurtling through space at 66,600 mph.

Mere coincidence, I'm sure.

Science test completed. Circle drawn.

The only "curvature" is from the edge seeing as how a drawn, flat circle does necessarily have to curve around 360° to become a circle. What I am to conclude from this eludes me.

The curvature I make reference to is the curvature one should observe if we are living on a spinning ball. I'm pretty sure that a sphere has curvature.

Since we do not live on a spinning ball, but rather we live on a flat expanse plane, this explains why I cannot show curvature on a flat earth. But, if we did live on a spinning ball earth, then there would be curvature O plenty to see, and we wouldn't even be engaged in this conversation.

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Isiah 40:22 It is He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
Here is a nifty bible verse mentioning a circle upon the earth.

I would ask myself, where is the circle on a spherical earth?
It only makes sense that the earth in question is flat and circular.
Yes, circular as opposed to having curvature. This is most flat earthers propose that Antarctica isn't a continent, but rather it is an ice wall which rings all the oceans and land masses.

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Job 38:11(KJV) And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
And this bible verse backs an ice wall.

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 06:14 PM ----------

And there was a video I posted that indeed was from someone with a background in science, but you scoffed at that video stating that this individual was not a scientist. So, what precisely is your standard? What qualifies as having a background in science? And what is your criteria for determining who is and is not a scientist, and who has a science background, and who does not?

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 03-03-2018 at 11:56 PM..

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 03-04-2018, 12:24 AM

Here's something he can do with all that money coinage. Get that E.T. game Atari made and then attempted and failed to conseal it's existance, we found it Atari yes we did even if you dd put concreate over it, get the console and do a play though so we can all see if it really was the worst game ever made or not.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-06-2018, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM_ROCK View Post
Here's something he can do with all that money coinage. Get that E.T. game Atari made and then attempted and failed to conseal it's existance, we found it Atari yes we did even if you dd put concreate over it, get the console and do a play though so we can all see if it really was the worst game ever made or not.
HIM_ROCK:

https://youtu.be/zjjZZCYRmWM

I found this video on the aforementioned topic.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-06-2018, 11:18 PM

he could send some of his money to me =3

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-07-2018, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

he could send some of his money to me =3
Got some bad news for you, hummy. Elon Musk accepts government subsidies. Subsidies are YOUR tax dollars that the government has stolen from all of us through illegal income taxation. And those that stole it from, by means of threats and intimidation will never give it back. Ever.

Who funds the I.R.S.?

We do.

Who audits us and has us jailed for not paying this illegal income tax?

Guess what else? The same government that set up this crafty system of slavery is the very same government that controlled your school curriculum. They controlled what you were taught. They controlled what we were all taught. It's called indoctrination.

If they taught us that the earth was flat, then we would all grown up believing that the earth was flat. If we were taught that we all lived on the shell of a giant celestial turtle, then we would have believed that.

The next time you see a photo of earth from space, ask yourself if you can tell whether it's a real photo or whether it's a painting. And how would you know the difference. How would you know?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-07-2018, 07:42 PM

I live like 10 minutes from the space center ;) Always a blast watching a launch!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-07-2018, 09:26 PM

I thought about you and they launched this and wondered if you got to watch it

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-11-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

I thought about you and they launched this and wondered if you got to watch it
Watched it from the school where I teach. :) It launched as we were all leaving for the day :D