Strawberry Kitkat
Go Google It :3

Old 11-11-2009, 08:03 PM

"Welcome one and all, to Gerome's travelling circus!"

As you look up at the sign, a cool breeze ruffles you're hair. You walk under the arch, the skin on the back of you're neck prickling. Something is wrong here, your mind screams. You disregard it, unaware of just how wrong things really are.

Welcome, one and all, to the freakshow.

[intro][story][rules][profile skeletons][accepted guests][accepted performers][other]

Strawberry Kitkat

Old 11-11-2009, 08:12 PM

Gerome's Travelling Freakshow became popular in the late 1800's, with a variety of acts to frighten and excite.

However, the freaks began to be seen as abominations, and one night a crowd of people came by and destroyed the circus. It was said that many escaped, for no bodies were found among the charred remains of the circus grounds. The freakshow was forgotten and faded into the shadows of history.

Now, over a century later, rumors spread like wildfire about a new "travelling circus" filled with strange and unusual things.

In the small town of Parkersville, summer is coming to a close. Word has gone around that the circus, called Gerome's Travelling Circus, will be coming to town soon. While most dismiss the thought, several teenagers go to the fairegrounds. Curiousity, fear, thrill-seeking, each has their own motive, but Fate has brought them together. Can they band together and survive the night, or will they become part of the shadows?

[intro][story][rules][profile skeletons][accepted guests][accepted performers][other]

Strawberry Kitkat

Old 11-11-2009, 08:23 PM

Rules:
-Send all profiles to me. If you post them, you will be reported/ignored. title them "Fangoria" to tell me you have read the rules.
+Please be semi-lit to literate, i.e. at least one good paragraph with lots of description. I understand the occasional one-liner due to writer's block, but don't make it a habit.
-I encourage romance, but keep it creative and stick with the story.
+Fighting is good too, just don't go into too much description. This isn't who-can-make-the-goriest-post.
-Please be respectful of the other players. Your character can be a jerk if that's really the kind of character you want, but don't be a total butt and never disrespect you're fellow rp-ers
+If you're going to be gone and unable to post for more then a week (which is five days since you're last post) please please PLEASE tell me. If you have a good reason for it (And there are very few bad reasons) then I'll just put you on hiatus until you get back.
-Have fun!
+Highlight here: Title you're profiles Cat and Mouse to tell me you REALLY read the rules!

Strawberry Kitkat

Old 11-11-2009, 08:30 PM

Profile skeletons:

Performers:
I'm known as: [name]
The person who pulls my strings: [username]
I've lived a very long time: [age, optional]
My story is as goes: [bio]
I can be a tad bit: [personality, optional]
I'm known as a freak: [what it is that makes you a freak: can be a deformity, a power, or a strange skill]
My appearance decieves: [appearance, optional]

Explorers:
Hey there, I'm: [name]
I'm also known as: [username]
I'm old enough to care for myself: [age]
My life is like this: [bio]
I've been told that I'm: [personality, optional]
The best thing about me is: [whatever you're good at; sports, singing, anything like that.]
Cameras don't catch it all: [appearance, optional]

Strawberry Kitkat

Old 11-14-2009, 02:04 AM

Accepted explorers

Hey there, I'm: Allison Natasha Cross, but you can call me Ali
I'm also known as: Strawberry Kitkat
I'm old enough to care for myself: 16 and a half, thank you very much.
My life is like this: My parents disappeared when I was three, leaving my on my Aunt Denise's doorstep. She was a good mother until I got old enough to take care of myself; then she was always away at work at work or going out and getting drunk with her friends, crawling back at odd hours in the morning to collapse on the couch and sleep off her hangover. I was left to my own devices, and... well, I've got a little bit of a bad reputation.
I've been told that I'm: I come off as distant, headstrong, and a little cold, the "tough girl" of the bunch, when you first meet me, but once you get to know me I'm a good person. I help my friends and I'm determined to see my plans through, no matter what it takes. I'll admit, I get a little reckless when it comes to seeing things through, but I get my shizz done.
The best thing about me is: I beast at soccer, and I'm one of the fastest runners on my team. I'm also good at figuring out puzzles.
Cameras don't catch it all: Ali Ali's not very tall, standing at maybe 5'4" on a good day, and is quite small. She's also got a lot of muscle from constant soccer training.
Quote:

Hey there, I'm: Kennedy Anthony Peterson (more known as Kenny)
I'm also known as: eyeslikeskies
I'm old enough to care for myself: Seventeen years old
My life is like this: I live with just my mom, because of a thing in our past that happened with dad. Basically, we don't speak of him anymore, because he's a complete jerk. I'm bisexual, but mainly go for the guys; don't judge me for it. I live a middle class lifestyle and I'm happy with it.
I've been told that I'm: a shy kid when you first meet me, but when I open up, apparently I'm super sweet (and also super spastic). As I've been told, I'm a good friend and boyfriend to have. I'm pretty innocent, though, and easy to manipulate. My self esteem is also kinda low, so I do take some insults seriously.
The best thing about me is: my musical talent and kindness
Cameras don't catch it all: piccy link. I'm also pretty short (only reaching 5'6'') and pretty skinny.

Quote:
Hey there, I'm: Sebastian Manxy, but you can call me Manx
I'm also known as: Vanidar
I'm old enough to care for myself: 15, but most people think I'm older
My life is like this: I'm actually living on my own as of recently. I became emancipated from my parents a month after my 15th birthday. It seems young, true, but I'll be fine. I grew up completely ignored, and when I wasn't being ignored I was being beaten. My mother a druggy, my father a drunk, you could say that I wasn't given much in the way of love. Already, I have a job and a small apartment. Because of all of this, many people jump to conclusions and think that I'm older than I am. It comes in handy.
Though I'm not brutish, I'm quite small actually, I have a knack for knowing how to ease tension without physicality. Still, I can be tough if the need arises.
I've been told that I'm: Quiet, too quiet, to the point of being stand-offish, shy and mistrustful of people, and very perceptive. I'm really good at figuring out the truth behind peoples masks. I've also been told that at times, I'm very muc like a feral cat in the way I act (shy and skittish toward people and sometimes violent when 'cornered' or fearful).

The best thing about me is: my animals. I have many of them and I love them all dearly. (I especially love my kitten Luna.)I can also play the piano and piccolo since that is what I did with my time while my parents were.... busy...
Cameras don't catch it all: Manx
(ignore the background, just the girl. Also, her hair should be snowy white ^^;; )
Quote:
Hey there, I'm: Lois Lane Johnson
I'm also known as: Cicadetta
I'm old enough to care for myself: 17
My life is like this: My parents are certified geeks. They met at a comic book convention and named me after a Superman character. You can't make this stuff up! Anyway, I tried to rebel, but ended up following in their footsteps anyway. It's hard not to be a fangirl when you've grown up with it. And get this! I want to be a journalist when I grow up! I already have the name, and this investigative stuff is fun! Too bad I don't have a powerful hero to get me out of trouble.
I've been told that I'm: Stubborn, impulsive, energetic, and a bit of a know-it-all. Okay, maybe more than a bit…
The best thing about me is: I'm not afraid to explore, and it takes a lot to spook me. Well, I think that's the best thing. It drives my parents nuts.
Cameras don't catch it all: I'm about 5 feet tall, and wiry. But I have pale blond hair, worn short, and dark brown eyes, so I don't look like my namesake at all. Oh, and glasses. I'm always in practical clothes, and carrying a camera bag with extra batteries
[intro][story][rules][profile skeletons][accepted explorersaccepted performers][other]

Last edited by Strawberry Kitkat; 11-29-2009 at 06:48 AM..

Strawberry Kitkat

Old 11-14-2009, 02:17 AM

Accepted Performers

I'm known as: Gerome Faust
The person who pulls my strings: Strawberry Kitkat
I've lived a very long time: Very old.
My story is as goes: The circus is my life. I inhereted it when my father and mother passed away. I've also raised my little sister, Liesel, who is a great deal younger then me.
I can be a tad bit: I'm nice enough, but people do look at me like I'm a little insane.
I'm known as a freak: I am the ringleader, as well as a master pupetter. My skills extend beyond that of my lovely puppets....
My appearance decieves: Gerome Gerome is very tall, standing at 6'4", and slim.

I'm known as: Liesel Faust
The person who pulls my strings: Strawberry Kitkat
I've lived a very long time: I'm old enough, it seems, though people mistake me for being only 18
My story is as goes: I've travelled with my brother's circus ever since I could remember. He's much older then me, you see. I have no recollection of my family other then Gerome, and he is the dearest thing in my heart. I would give the world for him.
I can be a tad bit: warm, and very welcoming. I sometimes seem almost too nice, but my intentions are innocent.
I'm known as a freak: I'm a snake charmer. My favorite pet is my King Cobra, who travels with me everywhere and heeds my every word.
My appearance decieves: Liesel Liesel is very tall and willowy, standing at almost 5'9". Her hair is also black, not silver.

Quote:
I'm known as: Ares
The person who pulls my strings: Vanidar
I've lived a very long time: Too long (19)
My story is as goes: I've been with the circus(freakshow!) since I discovered my talents. The circus is my home and my life and there's nothing more to know. Feel free to ask me anything if you think that its worth your life at the hand of my sword.
I can be a tad bit: Psychotic and more than a little violent at times. Mostly I'm quiet and stick to the shadows but I feel no fear at showing the world what I can do when I need to.
I'm known as a freak: Ah, my talents you ask? I suppose I can grace you with an answer. I'm a weaponsmaster. I'm a swordsman, an archer, and, though I don't claim to have fought with every weapon, every weapon feels at home in my skilled hands.
My appearance decieves: Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeslikeskies
Performers:
I'm known as: Gwendolyn, or just Gwen. Last name unknown.
The person who pulls my strings: eyeslikeskies
I've lived a very long time: Long enough, but not too long. I don't really keep track.
My story is as goes: I've always had my extreme flexibility, that's for sure. For as long as I can remember, people have been freaked out by my ability to bend my body in almost impossible ways. I can't remember ever having a real family, besides for the circus crew. Gerome took me in at a young age and I've belonged the the traveling circus since then.
I can be a tad bit: I'm pretty quiet, and I may seem unkind. Sometimes, I am slightly cold and mean towards people, but I'm generally your definition of a polite and courteous person. At least towards the other performers.
I'm known as a freak: Supreme flexibility. It's as if I have no bones...
My appearance decieves: Piccy link. One of Rheanna's photos on flickr.
I'm known as: Cain Alethius
The person who pulls my strings: I am a universal character, meaning anyone may pull my strings.
I've lived a very long time: I appear to be only 16, but I am ageless.
My story is as goes: My story is short. I joined Gerome after my village was destroyed. He raised me to be a gentleman, and has taught me his secrets- and he has never failed to fulfill my tastes in, ah, finer wines.
I can be a tad bit: I believe myself to be a gentleman, as long as I am given what I need. I tend to get a bit cranky, I admit, when I have not been tended to.
I'm known as a freak: I do the unthinkable; I am what you would call a cannibal, I suppose.
My appearance decieves: Cain

[intro][story][rules][profile skeletons][accepted explorersaccepted performers][other]

Last edited by Strawberry Kitkat; 11-29-2009 at 07:03 AM..

Strawberry Kitkat

Old 11-14-2009, 02:20 AM

Other:

+IT'S ALIIIIIVE~! Ah, I mean, we are open :3

[intro][story][rules][profile skeletons][accepted explorers[accepted performers][other]

Strawberry Kitkat

Old 11-14-2009, 02:26 AM

Ali Cross stood in front of the faded sign, her thin arms crossed and one auburn eyebrow raised skeptically. She hadn't thought it was real, but it was; Gerome's Travelling Circus, in the flesh (so to speak.) She chewed on a full lower lip, then scowled. She was hesitating and she didn't know why.
No one's gonna make that first step for you, sweetheart, she said. Get you're rear moving,
She felt a warm summer breeze ruffle her long auburn hair and sweep across her pale skin. She was glad that she had dressed in jeans shorts and a green tanktop- She would have died in jeans. A light sweatshirt was folded over her arms, in case she got cold.
She took a deep breathe, and then another, hating herself for stalling but unsure of what to do next. She wished she had called Connie, or Meghan, or someone, and that she wasn't standing here by herself.

eyeslikeskies
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-14-2009, 03:57 AM

With his hands in his pockets, Kennedy Peterson approached the fairgrounds, which had been deserted for a long time. The reason he was here? Apparently Gerome's Traveling Circus was coming to the small town of Parkersville. It's specific location was supposedly at the fairgrounds. Most people were brushing this event off, but to the teenagers, it was a 'why not go?' type of thing. Hardly anything interesting happened in this town, so it would be somewhat of a thrill to go see. Kenny's reasoning was just this; he wanted something to do, instead of just hanging around the typical hang out spots of Parkersville.

Pushing his hair out of his face, Kenny finally arrived. It was sometime in the evening, and the sky was turning dark, with warm currents breezing by lightly every once in a while. Still, Kennedy had chosen to wear jeans and to take a hoodie with him, just in case. He didn't know how long he'd stay, or how cold it would get. Why not? Besides, Kenny hardly felt the heat most of the time.

Kicking the dirt with one of his Vans covered feet, he stood right on the edge of the fairgrounds. With his blue eyes, Kenny scanned the his location. He couldn't really spot anyone in the dull lighting, but Kenny was sure he wasn't the only one who'd come. Some percentage of the teenagers in town would probably be here soon enough; it was the type of thing that they'd just eat up. So Kenny waited until he found someone, shifting his weight from left foot to right foot.

Strawberry Kitkat

Old 11-14-2009, 05:23 AM

Ali kicked at the drying grass with the toe of her beat-up converse, scowling at herself. The hair on the back of her neck began to prickle, and she looked up to find a tall man staring her down, a pleasant (albeit creepy) smile.
"Hello, young one," he said. She looked at him for one second, and then her stare hardened and she began to edge away from him. "Are you not going to enter?"
"I'm waiting for someone," she said, surprised at how small her voice sounded. She looked around and spotted a boy standing on the grass by himself. "Ah, actually, I think I see him. Excuse me." She turned and walked towards him, trying to look unhurried.
"Uh, hi, I know I'm a complete stranger, but just bear with me," she said quickly and coolly, her posture calm. "I'm trying to get away from someone. I'll get out of you're hair in a few minutes." She looked up at him, her head tilted to the side as she peered at him through the dim summer air.

Gerome watched the small girl cross the grass to another youth, her posture calm. He figured that she was not really with this boy, but he let it go. Very soon, they would both be inside, and the real fun could begin.

eyeslikeskies
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-15-2009, 04:13 PM

Kenny finally looked up when some girl, around his age, walked over to him. She began to speak; something about getting away from someone. After she'd finished speaking, Kenny just nodded, not really minding. Better than being alone in this creepy place, at least. "I don't mind. I'm Kenny by the way," he said, introducing himself. Stretching his arms back, he heard a bit of a crack in his back. Ew. After regaining normal posture, Kenny spoke again. "If you don't mind me asking, who're you trying to get away from?"

ooc;; Sorry if this is too short :\

Strawberry Kitkat

Old 11-15-2009, 07:28 PM

[[Oh no, it's perfectly fine ^.^]]
Ali took a deep breathe, feeling a tad stupid for freaking like that. She whinced when she heard the crack, then realized it was his back. Her encounter with the manhad left her a little jumpy. "I'm Ali," she said, sticking her hands in her pockets. "And I think it was the ringmaster, or one of the performers." She shook her head, then shrugged. "All I know is that he was a creep, and I didn't want to stay near him." She kicked at the ground once more, looking up at him. Ali was a short girl, so she usually had to look up at everyone. "So, Kenny, right? Do you want to go in, or are you waiting for someone?" She caught herself, giggling a little. "I mean, really waiting for someone."

Vanidar
On short term hiatus. Be back wh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Vanidar

Old 11-15-2009, 07:53 PM

Manx pulled up to the fairground on her motorbike and climbed off slowly. She pulled her helmet off and shook out her hair as she looked around. Hmm... There aren't as many people as I thought there'd be... She thought to herself, only seeing two people. She pulled off her riding jacket and rolled it into a ball. Shoving her jacket into her helmet she then put it into the special bag on the back of the bike; it was made to lock so that she could keep her things safe while she was working or away. I suppose I should probably go see if they can help me out... Maybe tell me where I'm supposed to go or even if I'm in the right place... Manx took a deep breath and began walking towards them; meeting new people was hard for her.

As she walked, her snow white kitten Luna appeared from under the back collar of her shirt. She pulled herself completely out and sat, as if she were a parrot rather than kitten, on Manx's shoulder. Luna's head rested on her neck just below her ear and the small body seemed to give her some courage.

"Hi... Um... Could you help me?" She asked when she was about 7 feet away from the two people standing. She was blushing as if embarassed and didn't want to come any closer.

eyeslikeskies
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-15-2009, 08:25 PM

((@Strawberry Kitkat; She doesn't need to look up at Kenny, I think; he's only 2 inches taller than her. He's short, haha.))

"Are you alright?" Kenny asked, noticing that this girl was a bit on edge. He wouldn't know why; Kenny wasn't intimidating in the least, with his small frame and cutesy face. Ah well, it probably doesn't matter, he thought to himself, brushing it off. "Nice to meet ya Ali," he replied, grinning warmly. "Is that short for anything?" Kenny was just being his normal friendly self, not even having that bout of shyness he usually had around new people. It was probably because Ali seemed to be nervous and in need of some company.

"Ah, makes sense." Of course there'd be creepers at a freak show/circus. Why wouldn't there be? "But creepy people are to be expected," he finished, speaking what he'd just thought. When Ali spoke again, Kenny nodded at her question. "Yeah sure. I was really just waiting for anyone."

Kenny was about to lead the way into the fairgrounds when someone else arrived and asked for help. Looking back, he saw a girl with a kitten perched on her shoulder. Completely forgetting the question, Kenny instantly brought his attention to the cat. "Awh it's so cute!" he exclaimed, but not too loudly. If there was one thing that was not smart to do, it was to draw attention to one's self. Kenny restrained himself from going up to pet the cat though, and decided to be helpful. "Sorry about that... What do you need help with?" Again, he wasn't being shy. Like before, it was because this person needed help. Someone in need of help is basically the exception to his "shy at first" rule.

Vanidar

Old 11-15-2009, 09:00 PM

Manx smiled somewhat shyly at the boy. He seems like he could be an easy person to like... "Well you see, I came here to go the the circus freak show thing but... There doesn't seem to be anyone around... I have no idea if I'm in the right place or anything..." She looked down at the ground completely embarassed. It'd be my luck that the whole thing was cancelled and I was the only one to not get the memo! Her cheeks flared red again.

Luna had looked at Manx and saw that something was wrong. She knew that the girl was always shy but this wasn't normal. She mewed loudly right into her ear. "Meep!" Manx jumped then smiled at laughed at her friend. Then, looking back toward the boy she said, "I guess that's Luna's way of saying don't forget me. Oh, and, I'm Bastian, but please, call me Manx." She said the last part almost as an afterthought as if she weren't important enough to be remembered. "Would you like to pet her?" Manx asked. "She absolutely adores attention."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ares paced fitfully around his small tent home. He'd heard that there were going to be 'visitors' today and wanted to get it over with. After a few more laps he stopped pacing and looked around. In the corner of the tent was an onyx sword sheath that seemed to be glowing with an odd black light. Walking over to it, he picked up the sheath and strapped it to his belt. "Maldomir my friend, the day is about to begin..." He crooned, pulling the blade from its sheath and smiling indulgently at the quiet sound unsheathing the sword made. He slid the brightly gleaming katana back into its malevolent looking sheath. It took a few minutes more for him to be ready to leave. He tucked a few, smaller blades into his belt and boots and pulled an old looking gentlemans coat on. The tails hung down nearly to his knees. Pulling the tent open he grinned. "It's going to be a good day..."

Strawberry Kitkat

Old 11-16-2009, 02:17 AM

[[lol right, sorry I forgot. Short people unite!]]
"Short for Alison," she said with a shrug. She dismissed his question about her well-being; she would be fine now. "Yeah, I guess I should have prepared myself for it."
She turned her head as the girl approached, asking for help. "If you're here for the show, you're in the right place," she said a little distastefully. She stuck her hands in her pockets, unsure if the invitation had been extended to her as well or only to Kenny. "I'm Ali," she said, taking the incentive when the girl offered her name. "Manx, huh? That's pretty exotic."
She cocked her head towards Kenny, waiting for him to make his introduction.

---------------------~---------------------------

Liesel stepped out of her tent with a sigh, her long, dark hair cascading over her shoulders and down her back, long enough for her to sit on. She had a viper twisting around her fingers- she would have carried her King, but he was resting for the show.
She looked up and saw a familiar shape step out of a tent. "Ares," she called out in a soft, sybillin (spelling?) voice. "Are you prepared for tonight's festivities?

Vanidar

Old 11-16-2009, 02:35 AM

"It's a nickname... My last name actually." Manx said shyly, she absentmindedly began to wonder if it was such a good idea to have come to this place. Just as Manx began to slip into one of her normal silent spells Luna mewed loudly again. The tiny feline licked Manx's cheek then leaped to the ground. Unlike her owner, Luna wasn't at all shy. She rubbed against Ali's legs, walking in figure 8's. "Oh no! I'm so sorry!" Manx started to come forward and made as if she were going to pick up the kitten. "She's always wanting attention. I guess she thought I wasn't giving her enough." Luna purred loudly, trying to get Ali to pet her. Manx was so embarassed that she didn't even want to look at Ali. She knew that her face would be bright red.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ares glanced in the direction Liesel had called from. The faint trace of a smile came over his face. "Liesel. G'morning to you to." He called, barely loud enough for her to hear. He didn't like to speak much but when he did, all had to struggle to be able to hear him. "We will wow the world my dear." He replied in answer to her question. He shook his head slightly, making his hair fall and cover his eyes. This much sun bothered him and he looked forward to when the show would begin. His smile grew more prounounced as he thought of the festivities. With a luxurious sigh he turned on his heel and walked toward her. His gait was military sharp, each crisp and fast. He almost seemed to be drifting over the ground rather than walking on it.

eyeslikeskies
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-16-2009, 02:44 AM

((Lol, yes! Short people rock. And by the way, when I have dialogue, I write it as if an actual person is speaking, so it's not too proper. If you notice 'ya' a lot in place of 'you', that's why. If it bothers anybody, let me know.))

"That's cool," Kenny responded to Ali. "My full name's Kennedy," he added in, for no real reason. At Ali's next response, he smiled and said, "It's good you're not alone anymore, though. Now you've got me here to rough it out with ya."

Kenny was about to answer the question that the new girl had posed, but Ali beat him to it. It didn't matter to him either way; he didn't really feel like doing all of the talking. After the two girls chatted for a while, introducing themselves, Kenny felt the need to let himself be known to. He didn't want to be rude or anything. "And I'm Kenny. It's nice to meet you Manx."

Kenny then grew silent again, until he was invited to pet the cat. "Of course! I love animals," he said with a really happy face on. Things like petting a cat or something of the sort always made Kenny smile. He was a bit of an odd one, that's for sure. Walking up to Manx, he started to pet the kitten, but soon enough, the white cat had jumped onto the ground. Looking down, he noticed the cat moving towards Allison. "Awh she likes you," Kenny said with a smile. Manx seemed to get pretty embarrassed over that though, for some reason.

Vanidar

Old 11-16-2009, 03:00 AM

((Hehehe, it's fine with me. Even in real life though, I talk somewhat funny ^^;; that will probably show in my dialogue...))

After kneeling down and picking up the kitten, Manx held the small form in her arms to where she was off the ground but could still be petted. She smiled down at Luna then, still smiling, looked up at the two humans. "Well, I don't know about you guys, but, I'm ready to see the circus." She said, gathering her courage but still surprising herself with how light she sounded. "If you don't mind, I think it'd be cool if we all went together... I know it'd be a bit less nerveracking to me..." Now that she was starting to relax, Manx was definetely starting to feel a bit better about the evening.

((Ick... Short post XP))

Cicadetta
Rambling Woolgatherer
Send a message via AIM to Cicadetta Send a message via MSN to Cicadetta

Old 11-16-2009, 03:19 AM

Lois parked her little green Toyota a safe quarter mile away from the fairgrounds, and walked the rest of the distance. She had plenty of energy to spare, fairly shivering with excitement. She did her best to avoid jostling her camera and digital voice recorder, the only things that kept her from actually running. The legendary traveling circus, here in Parkersville! It was the chance of a lifetime, and she needed the story. Oh, it would be a byline, maybe even a Pulitzer, and she couldn't even vote yet!

The arch and sign loomed ever closer, and destiny loomed with them.

She skidded to a stop when she realized she wasn't alone. Three other teens (and, oddly enough, a cat) had beat her to the circus. Excellent. Maybe she could interview them. She slipped the voice recorder out of the equipment bag at her side, and approached the group, gazing at them with determined brown eyes. "Hi!" she said, a bright smile on her face. "Ready for the circus?"

Vanidar

Old 11-16-2009, 03:25 AM

Manx nearly jumped out of her skin when the new person called out. She let out a very undignified squeak that was awarded by an odd look from Luna. As she turned, Manx raised Luna back to her shoulder. She whispered to her, "No more of that! I wouldn't know what to do if I lost you. Behave or your going to go into the bike bag." The kitten immediately quieted. Then she turned toward the new person who was walking toward the group. She seemed very excited; it practically boiled off her. She also made quite an odd sight. Her camera bag moved around a bit as she walked and she held her recorder out as if it were a light in a dark tunnel. Once again shy, Manx didn't answer the woman, she merely studied her curiously. She didn't realize she was staring.

Strawberry Kitkat

Old 11-16-2009, 03:40 AM

[CENTER] Ali leaned down and picked the kitten up, petting it gently before straightening back up. "Ah, it's alright," Ali said, her voice softening. "She's a cute little thing." She noticed the girl was blushing- she felt bad for the girl, who was obviously painfully shy.
"I think it would be better if we stuck together," she said, the back of her neck prickling. "I mean, who knows whats gonig on around here, right? Anyways, its more fun to see these kinds of things when you're with others."
Ali heard someone else approach, and turned just as the girl asked about the show. Ali glanced at the others questioningly, waiting to see if anyone else would make the first move. Well, it was obvious Manx wouldn't, but maybe Kenny would.

---------------------~---------------------------

Liesel smiled, as he moved towards her. "Yes, indeed, tonight should be fun," she said softly, twisting the viper around her fingers thoughtfully. "My brother says the children are on edge." She kissed the snake loveingly, then held a hand out to Ares. "Come, dear heart, will you tour the grounds with me before the show begins? I need to see how he has set up the tent." She wondered what her brother was doing; probably overseeing things, making sure the children didn't do anything to disturb the performers before the time was right.
CENTER]
[/QUOTE]

Vanidar

Old 11-16-2009, 12:20 PM

Not wanting to appear rude, Manx tried to walk nonchalantly behind Kenny and Ali. Gah... More strangers! It wasn't that she was afraid necesarrily... Well, actually it was. Strange people terrified her. She didn't know them, how they acted, anything! So for now, Manx decided to hide behind her new acquaintaces. She at least knew there names and that they were kind. Please oh please oh please don't notice... She pleaded silently with the newcomer as she ducked behind Kenny; he was the larger of the two. Manx knew the look on her face probably resembled one of someone trying to evade the law. She didn't mean to be quite so standoffish, she was just overwhelmed. An idea struck her. Damn... I've forgotten my bag on the bike. I'll get it in just a moment. The bag she was talking about was a dark green messengers bag; it was the closest thing she'd ever carried to a purse. She used it to carry her hoody and Luna when she went places.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ares tucked one fingerless gloved hand into Liesel's offered one. "Is Gerome looking over the rest of the crew? I know how he likes things to be perfect... If he is, has he sent anyone to meet the children? Everyone deserves a welcoming commitee." He said almost in a whisper. A small smile was etched onto his face. "Oh the fun we could have with that my dear! Shall we be the meet and greet team?" He looked over at her expectantly, looking very much like an excited child about to visit Disney Land. As he turned to look at her he knelt down slightly, she was smaller than his 6'2 form by almost half a foot and he wanted to look her in the eyes. The tip of his sheath stuck out between his coattails.

Cicadetta
Rambling Woolgatherer
Send a message via AIM to Cicadetta Send a message via MSN to Cicadetta

Old 11-16-2009, 11:36 PM

Nobody seemed willing to reply. Just my luck, Lois thought to herself. Shy people, all of them. Well, forget it then, at least for now. They weren't the main story, and maybe she'd be able to get an interview later. She shrugged, and slipped her recorder back into her camera bag.

"Well, I'm ready," she decisively answered her own question, looking at the others. "For the circus, I mean. I'm Lois, by the way. And, um, given the rumors about this place, I'm kind of glad not to be going in alone. I mean, you don't mind if I join you, right?"

eyeslikeskies
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-18-2009, 12:22 AM

Kenny was just about to reply to Manx about going into the circus, the three of them together, when someone else showed up, holding a recorder. New people were just flocking around the small group, that had begun with Kenny by himself. Now, he was looking at yet another girl (where were all of the guys?), asking if they were ready to enter the circus. This one seemed more outgoing than both Ali and Manx, slightly quieting Kenny. The shy group of teenagers was almost completely silent, all three of them too shy to make the first move. Kenny did however wave a bit, not wanting to look extremely rude.

Finally, the newcomer answered her own question though, doing most of the speaking. She'd introduced herself to the group as Lois, and then asked if she could go into the circus with them. "Kenny," he said, trying a smile. Kenny then went on to answer Lois's question; he had a feeling that none of the others would want to. "Sure, we don't mind. None of us want to do it alone either," he admitted, grinning sheepishly. "Shall we go then?"