sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 09-18-2009, 02:01 PM

I don't know about others but I for one am pretty displeased with the many locked, spam, unbelonging and such threads that gets locked in nearly every forum. Especially in Charities in which I spend most of my time.
So, how about a board, a trash bin, where all these threads get moved to, cleaning up the boards?
I don't think anyone actually reads the explanatory notes (besides the people who don't break the rules) that are sometimes (and not even always) left in the locked threads, too, so it wouldn't be a reason to decline the idea, too.
Of course, if it is not too much work for Moderators, with the locking AND moving.

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 09-18-2009, 02:03 PM

We have a place to move these threads. However, we don't move them all out at once because then you would have some forums which look completely empty. Which would then make the appearance to new users there is no one that posts here.

If you were to come here and see a forum with 20 threads in it. Would you post in there? I mean wouldn't it look so barren and empty to you that it would give you the idea no one posts here?

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 09-18-2009, 02:13 PM

Personally, I would. I mean, in Charities it doesn't matter how MANY charities there are, only how active they are.
And the 8 or so threads removed with "how to get gold??" titles would certainly not make it look less empty. Only more organized. I would be put off by such locked threads in forum if they were there when I first started to go there.

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 09-18-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity Forum Rules
If you are inactive for 30 days, whether it be in your thread, or on Menewsha itself, your charity/giveaway will be locked until you return and can attend to it.
There are some threads in there that can be cleaned up. But, removing peoples charities wont happen. We lock them due to inactivity, user request, lack of funding, or that they do not meet the requirements. We will not move something that can be unlocked at any moment.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 09-18-2009, 02:43 PM

No, I didn't even ask for charities to be removed. D: CERTAINLY not. only the threads that newbies made, asking for donations and such.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 09-18-2009, 02:45 PM

Since I'm a Charity mod, I'll post... XD I don't personally mind the locked threads. It's not like they're impeding your use of the Charity forum. :yes: Since there are only about 10 active charities, you can always find them at the top of the page. Since locked threads don't bother me -personally- I don't move them to the trashcan. I can certainly move the random threads that are not charity threads, if that would make you happy. :yes: Those threads just don't bother me, so I don't typically move them.

EDIT: Everything looks to be moved now. :)

Last edited by Sizzla; 09-18-2009 at 02:50 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 09-18-2009, 02:51 PM

Well, I just... Don't know. They look silly there and it feels like "hey, other newbies come on in and post YOUR begging threads. They lock the threads but they stay and nice people donate anyway". They just give that sort of feel. >_<;;
Of course, it probably is just me. D:
And thank you for listening. ><

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 09-19-2009, 03:10 AM

Also, although this is not just for the Charity forums, I usually keep the threads in the forums even when they are locked so when I send a PM to the users about their locked threads they can see them, because I have had arguments of accusing them for nothing. But if it's things such as blatant spam threads, I move them out. :)

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 09-19-2009, 08:06 AM

Well, thank you everyone for listening and removing some spam threads. x3 It's very kind of you. *bows*

x3;