fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-16-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliena
I'll change the image linked to that filename with a big notice that the person did not draw the image, but rather hotlinked and tried to take credit for it at the same time.
Lol. I love you Aliena.

And oh my god, I remember when theat site-theft happened!

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-17-2007, 01:39 PM

Ooh, nopers on traditional media I don't scribble over it, just the stuff I send as WIP's and such. ^^'

Actual piece, I tend to paint small things in that somehow tie back to me, letters or some misc. thingies here and there. Something put into the actual piece so that even if they do manage to get rid of my signature, it's difficult to try to explain my initials in the bushes, or the year I was born in the shadows of the roof-tiles. Actual signaturewise, usually I don't make it part of the piece itself, but it tends to not take up a huge part.

I've only ever had one person actually try to physically remove my signature from my painting. Usually they try to manipulate WIP shots and such, but this guy actually asked me if I could fix it. Before I saw it I said "yes," but after I saw it I didn't return it. He'd tried to scrape my name off and did a lousy job of it and then tried to color it back or something, he messed up the whole corner and because he scraped it tugged the paint and made these cracks and wrinkles and I was just so pissed. =/ He even had the balls to get all pissy at me for not mailing it back. >/ Technically speaking, it wasn't stolen though cause I got it back. :P

VuscISM
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-18-2007, 12:47 AM

^^;; Mine was never really stolen but my friend I guess got too inspired by my work that it was obvious she copied. o_O; Once I happen to find my drawing and her drawing too similar, I just had to see if they overlap on photoshop....which it did.

xD; I guess what works for me is writing your signature really big and put it on a spot where it's difficult to take out? o-o Hm.

Wood Sorrel
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-18-2007, 01:41 AM

• not that I know of... :mrgreen:

Adderly
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Adderly

Old 03-18-2007, 01:43 AM

I've never had anything stolen, then again I don't have stuff worth being stolen. However I certainly would never steal anything from anybody else, including art.

If I like a picture I save it to my computer to look at it later, or use as a character for an RP if it is close or matching. I admit I don't really reference the artist, but I definitely don't claim it as my own.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-18-2007, 01:57 AM

I've had my identity stolen, but not my art. At least, not that I know of.

Socks
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Socks

Old 03-18-2007, 06:48 AM

I've never had my art stolen.

At least, I don't think I've had my art stolen.

I'd be devestated if I had my art stolen.

Because my art belongs to me, not them, and only me.

I'd certainly be angry. Nobody likes stealers. >O

Mary
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-18-2007, 07:02 AM

the only time my art's ever been stolen was in the 2nd grade. I drew a picture of a character from sailor moon (I don't remember which one) and this fat chick stole it. I was like "hey that's mine!" and she called me a liar and a thief. wtf?

but other than that time, my art has never been stolen. I think that's because no one really wants to steal my art. e__e

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-18-2007, 07:26 AM

Got my art taken and posted up on tokyopop before, XD

...and also used as part of a random site's layout. *0*;;

And some of my naruto fanart was taken and posted on a german fansite

But I think I've been pretty lucky as far as art theft goes. ^^

dragonpaladin
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to dragonpaladin Send a message via MSN to dragonpaladin Send a message via Yahoo to dragonpaladin

Old 03-18-2007, 07:29 AM

Spreads The Luck Of The Irish

No My art sucks to bad

Spreads The Luck Of The Irish

galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-19-2007, 12:04 AM

i've had my art stolen on 3 occasions on gaia.
and once on someone's myspace acct.

it didn't really bother me, they didn't benefit from it financially so idc. i didn't feel like they stole a part of me or anything. i suppose it's fairly common with the introduction of the internet and such.

LunaMiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-19-2007, 07:37 PM

• I've never had anything stolen online, at least without my knowledge. XD;

I've had art stolen IRL, quite litterally though. XD;

Cerena
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2007, 07:43 PM

I haven't had my art stolen before that I know of, though I HAVE had it traced. XD; Quite badly and obviously at that -- the only thing they did was change the hair and the clothes a little, and plop a pair of fairy wings and a crown on top. It was quite a "WTF" to me when I saw it, and when I PM'd them, they were all "OH SORRY I LOVED IT A LOT I HAD NO IDEA IT'D UPSET YOU."

Who thinks tracing is a good thing to do at all, regardless of whether it upsets the other person or not? :C

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-20-2007, 07:19 AM

I don't think I really care that much if people trace what I do--I don't think it's really traceable for the most part because few of my pictures have hard lines. I tend to do landscape and portraits most frequently, and neither have simple lines. o.O' So...if people wanted to try to trace..lol, good luck with that. ^.^'''

As for anime and such, generally speaking I don't really do anime unless it was one of those, "I want this picture, please." and they shove some jpeg at me. o.o' Then sometimes I'll do it if they have the copyright OK from the company that did it. Like CLAMP for example. For those, I can pretty much pin the lines fairly close to the original, but on those I don't really care of people take the lines, because they were not mine to begin with?

It only frustrates me if they try to say they did it, or if they literally try to scratch my name off and paint over it. -_o' For the most part, though, that doesn't happen, because most normal people have more common sense than to do that.

Neithan
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-20-2007, 01:22 PM

Hm, haven't had anyone steal art from me, as far as i know. Though i have had someone copy the design of two of my characters, which was quite upsetting because the person was someone i knew, and had been on friendly terms with. Though she'd blatantly copied a friend's work many times before, so i wasn't so surprised, in hindsight : / i do sign and date my work unless i forget, though i'm not sure if it really helps; at least it does make it that much harder for someone to claim it as their own.

Buzzy

Old 03-20-2007, 03:49 PM

My art isn't good enough for anyone to steal

Moocat
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Moocat Send a message via MSN to Moocat

Old 03-21-2007, 02:48 AM

My art has never been good enough to steal.

And with my luck, if someone stole it, they'd get it in the newspaper or something and win a trip to Vegas. xD Whilst I have no clue about it.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-21-2007, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyBombay
Got my art taken and posted up on tokyopop before, XD

...and also used as part of a random site's layout. *0*;;

And some of my naruto fanart was taken and posted on a german fansite

But I think I've been pretty lucky as far as art theft goes. ^^
=O I'd think your art would get stolen all the time!

I think it's been posted up a bunch of times in the Art Arena on Gaia sometimes, too.

Tre Le Coco

Old 03-21-2007, 08:37 AM

Yeah, I've had my dolls stolen before on gaia - people trying to sell them with my watermarks and signature on them, some just take pieces and paste them onto their own >O

Like this

and this

and this

xP

And back in the days when digimon sites were still around and updated, i had my fanarts stolen and copied...which is why i stopped drawing until recently xP

kafine
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-21-2007, 12:13 PM

Not to my knowledge... But a lot of people never get caught, or they get caught via someone else's art and other less popular people aren't contacted.

I really hope I continue to be lucky.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 05:48 PM

I don't get why people steal art though? Wtf are they gonna do with it? Run around going, "zomg look at this spiffeh picture that isn't of any OC of mine, which I can't doodle?" -.o' I mean if they claim they did it, wtf are they gonna do when someone says, "Paint me a picture, bish. =P" ??

*rolls eyes* Pssh. Silly art thieves. They need to find hobbies. XD

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 03-23-2007, 11:30 PM

• I guess it's for temporary fame? Like people will go, ooo, so and so, you're AMAZING!

And if people ask if they can draw them something, they just have to respond with, no, no requests, kthanxbai.

*shrugs* They do need other hobbies. o_o

amalath
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Well they want to be fameous for a few seconds. They're bored so... why not? Let's make something stupid and funny. They only don't know that's not funny for other people.

x
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to x

Old 03-24-2007, 01:21 PM

I probably have, but haven't found out about it.
v_v;

Noa
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Noa Send a message via MSN to Noa

Old 03-24-2007, 01:23 PM

o3o;;; wow...so many art theft going on....XD;; I'm REALLY lucky to not have been bothered by art theives then.

But yeah..I sometimes feel pity for the problems the art theives might have to even think of doing such a dumb thing DD8.....it's really sad committing a crime like that for no apparent reason at all except maybe a second of fame and a life time of distrust.