Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 10-30-2013, 02:48 AM

It's fine. Upon squinting I can tell it's your siggy on there. I just honestly didn't see it at first >.< lol

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-30-2013, 02:52 AM

Lol yeah sorry I couldn't give you a better picture >x<

Are you baking anything? You're not allowed to are you? :-(

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-30-2013, 03:15 AM

It's a bit of a travesty when woody hosts because she makes the best foodstuffs & she can't enter them. But maybe she'll share with us anyway!

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-30-2013, 03:19 AM

Purrhaps it can serve as inspiration for people to join!

Any plans to join yourself detective?

Uhh, oops do you think I can bother one of you two to fix my 2post?

Last edited by BellyButton; 10-30-2013 at 03:30 AM.. Reason: Site being odd about automerging

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-30-2013, 03:30 AM

I wonder why posts aren't automerging consistently tonight. I've seen it in a few places.

edit: I did buy some stuff to make a couple different things. Not sure if I'll have time to actually do it, but I hope so. :)

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-30-2013, 03:45 AM

The site is pawsibly playing Halloween tricks on us?

Awesome to hear! I'm hoping there are a best of submissions later in the week.
I love seeing why people come up with

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 10-30-2013, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
It's a bit of a travesty when woody hosts because she makes the best foodstuffs & she can't enter them. But maybe she'll share with us anyway!
Hah. Awwww. Danke. I will probably share my pictures with you guys cause I love making Halloween treats! Tomorrow I'm making sugar cookies and possibly pumpkin scones. Then of course for Halloween itself I have a cute brain mold that's going to have jello and wormies!

And it's ok Sushi! Those pumpkins are too cute though. I'd mess up the cocoa powder doing that for sure >.<

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-30-2013, 05:40 AM

I love that you think brain molds are cute!
It should be plenty spooky

I want to get some cookies made as well
I purrchased a boxed cookie mix for the cutter itself but I might as well use it for the event
Get some easy baking in before my days off run out

Cute skeleton cookies are a keeper for them <3 will post inspiration image for it if I could find it

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 10-30-2013, 04:47 PM

Skeleton cookies would be cute! That way, you could just use a gingerbread man cutter, if you didn't have a Halloween cookie cutter. Or you could make voodoo dolls!

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-30-2013, 07:25 PM

Hmm, I will be decorating with orange icing so either would work!

I will get my brother to decide for me! Maybe get him to help me decorate a couple :-)

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 10-30-2013, 07:43 PM

Heh. This will amuse you bakers. I was making cookie dough for those sugar cookie cut outs today, and I dropped an entire stick of melted butter on the ground. Yaaaah. It was all over the floor, on my pants, on my cook book.

>.< Woody was not amused. I scrapped the second batch I was making since I was so peeved. I might make more later but for now...nope!

Mmmm orange icing . Orange flavored or colored ? Or both?!

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 10-30-2013, 08:48 PM

I hate when something like that happens Woody. My first attempt at baking outside of the home economics class had ended in disaster. I don't remember what I did, but the cookie dough was not thick like it should have been and the dough melted, spread to cover the entire pan in a thin, crispy/crunchy layer...

I've also accidently burned my arm, but didn't drop the cookies thank god!

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-30-2013, 11:25 PM

Nightmare on Baker Street it sounds!

@Woody
I'm so sorry to hear! I hate cleaning any butter related messes
Orange coloured but I see no problem in making it orange flavoured!
Orange zest can go a long way in icing!

@amani
At last that sounds like a tasty mistake!
The first time I made cream puffs I didn't bake them long enough so they were still sorta wet and really gross.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 10-31-2013, 12:29 AM

Oh no Amani! That's happened to me too, don't worry. Haha. I think you're not a real baker unless you mess something up spectacularly.

I also put in too much butter guys, cause I was talking to my sister at the same time. So the first batch will be interesting...

Orange zest! I'm going to make more cookies now that I messed up BOTH batches technically, so I might do that.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 10-31-2013, 01:03 AM

I keep wanting to enter this, but work keeps getting in the way.

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-31-2013, 01:57 AM

@damia
If you get some free time to make something, I would love to see what you come up with!

@woody
Lol I hope you can get butter results in your third batch!

Orange zest lemon zest and lemon juice in cream cheese icing? Purrfection!

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-31-2013, 02:31 AM

It was a tasty mess, and nope. Not a real baker till something messes up. I've had other mistakes with baking. Made cheesecake with out springform pans, had one with sugar in the graham cracker crust, and the other had brown sugar. Which it had actually affected the flavor of even the batter, that was surprising. I'm always getting coated in flour, I've had issues with trying to make my own home-made frosting with powdered sugar.

But I think what I am going to do, and I'll be trying to get it together tomorrow, on Halloween of all days, and making two batches of cheesecake. One that is going to include sour cream, and one that won't have it in. Both will have the pumpkin spice emulsion, some vanilla, sugar, an egg at least, and one 8oz pkg of cream cheese. I want to see how the texture and flavor will differ with the use, or nix, of sour cream. I find so many recipes that call for sour cream, or just as many that don't call for it. Each recipe I've found changes, and its frustrating. So I'm just going to find a basic simple recipe, and then reconstruct it my way.

Experimentation in the kitchen is good. As long as things don't explode. Explosions are awesome, but not in the home.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 10-31-2013, 03:04 AM

I hope you can enter Damia! Since there aren't too many entries as of yet. Chances for a prize are good!

Can....can I have one of your cheesecakes?!

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-31-2013, 04:33 AM

If the recipe works out, I'll post it for everyone here anyway. So you can make it on your own. The thing to think about tho, is the fact that I'm using a recipe for making mini cheesecakes, not a regular sized one. So to make it bigger, you can double the recipe.

I think my favorite recipe thus far has been the tollhouse chocolate chip recipe from the back of the bag of semi-sweet choco chips. The only difference is I add one extra teaspoon of vanilla. And I have to say, there is a big difference between using imitation vanilla and pure vanilla, and using semi-sweet vs milk chocolate. And I seem to be the only one to notice the difference.

But I love baking, I just wish I had a much better oven, and the money to buy all the ingredients I wanted.

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-31-2013, 05:09 AM

Don't we all *A*
If I had unlimited funds for baking I would be summing in cookie cutters and molds

I, too, have always have problems with homemade icing. It's just not my friend :-(
I hope your experiments turn out well! I would love to know how both turn out!
My favourite basic that my mom and I make is from the back of those individual blocks of cream cheese from Philadelphia brand. Very easy to follow and tasty :-)

I haven't had the chance to test out real vanilla so I don't know the difference but i imagine more depth in flavour, need to use less?
milk chocolate in baking gets to be sweet overkill x_x

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-31-2013, 05:22 AM

Well, I think its more like either a natural flavor vs an artificial flavor. I think in a way you can tell the difference between fresh squeezed orange juice, the simply orange brand of oj, and the oj made from concentrate....For some reason to me, there is a difference in flavor. Or I guess like the difference in flavor between pepsi and Coca-Cola.

Yea, but I think its worse for me, for some reason I can't eat too much of the milk chocolate. Makes my tummy hurt, unless I mix the milk chocolate with another sweet like caramel or toffee or a nut. Otherwise, I adore dark chocolate.

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-31-2013, 05:37 AM

That makes sense to me! Like fresh vs non fresh. You can't really explain it but there's a difference. Tho I can't taste the difference between Pepsi and coca cola. But I can taste difference in waters? Different brands, different filters sort of thing?

Maybe you are reacting to the milk they use for the chocolate chips? Or if you're using the fake chocolate?

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-31-2013, 06:51 AM

Ummm, I'm not sure really. And I mostly eat milk chocolate from Hershey, so no fake stuff. Or Dove. Dove is awesome.

I can understand the water thing too. They all have a different taste and flavor due to the filter and the process to add in minerals to taste...

But I need sleep. >.< Stuff to do and then bake, play with my nephew and trick or treating with him.

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 10-31-2013, 04:30 PM

People always look at me funny for it until they drink aquafina

I have work tonight
So no trick or treating for me
have fun though!

---------- Post added 10-31-2013 at 10:56 AM ----------

::Ghoulish Goodies::
Strychnine Soaked Sweets

Username:sushi_mew
Creation name/Optional Link for Recipe: edible jack o lanterns

[b]Image of My entry
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...0-31145035.jpg

---------- Post added 10-31-2013 at 10:58 AM ----------

Uploading and filling in the form on this fricking tablet is so frustratibg you dont ecen.know
in other news, photobucket mobile still suvks giant butts

---------- Post added 10-31-2013 at 11:01 AM ----------

Second link is close up of my name written on the cookie

turbs out i dont have human shapes cutters so went with pumpkins

Last edited by sushi_mew; 10-31-2013 at 06:59 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 10-31-2013, 07:57 PM

*raises hand* Excuse me. Am i allowed to enter "devil"ed eggs as a treat? ... cause i eat them like a treat. and they're little devils.... >.>

---------- Post added 10-31-2013 at 03:59 PM ----------

oops never mind .xD there is a regular food one. i though the drinks was the belladonna bites.. as in vampire... blah. silly me.