TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-20-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
Made any progress in getting your own place, taiyo?
Right now the plan is to move into my friend's basement. I'm in the process of turning part of it into what amounts to a small-ish studio apartment, sans kitchen area because I'll just be using her kitchen anyway. It's still not the same as living in a whole house, but...better than being stuck living with a lunatic? ^^;

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-20-2020, 10:00 PM

If we're talking about noisy wildlife, cats are definitely not the problem here. Though, a coyote pack seems to have moved into the woods right by the apartments. They're pretty raucous.

Taiyo: Hmmm, that sounds pretty good. A house is nice indeed, but more than anything, you just need your space!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-20-2020, 10:18 PM

Coyotes? Wow ... we're more likely to have deer wandering through the backyard during the winter, trying to find food. I don't know if they come into town too much during the rest of the year, only because they don't seem to leave tracks at any other time. >.<

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-21-2020, 01:18 AM

Since it's the city, I'm not used to seeing much wildlife, but I guess it's bound to happen sometimes. There's not much wilderness to hide out in.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-21-2020, 01:56 AM

lol There's a city an hour away from here that has deer just ... walking around randomly in a particular neighbourhood. I actually lived there for a few months, and used to see deer from time to time when I was walking/biking to work.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-21-2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
If we're talking about noisy wildlife, cats are definitely not the problem here. Though, a coyote pack seems to have moved into the woods right by the apartments. They're pretty raucous.

Taiyo: Hmmm, that sounds pretty good. A house is nice indeed, but more than anything, you just need your space!
A space that my mom can't clutter up with her stuff ><;

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-22-2020, 04:06 AM

Amen to that! You must clutter your space with your own things!

I'm pretty used to deer out where my aunt lives, but not in the city. There definitely are left developed areas of town that do have them though.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-22-2020, 04:33 AM

By "clutter" you mean "build a crapton of bookshelves so I can actually have my books on shelves rather than in boxes" X'D

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-22-2020, 01:11 PM

I need to go all through my stuff, I have way too much stuff! >.< My room is always too filled with clutter...

Yeah, I thought it was weird at first too. Apparently the deer are always eating stuff from the trees in people's yards during the winter.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-22-2020, 05:59 PM

Packing is so stressful since I have so much stuff. Also, books. I can agree on that since books are heavy to move and me and my roommie have enough for a whole library room.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-23-2020, 04:55 AM

I've moved all my books from cardboard to all plastic totes, so if there's any floodage they should be pretty much safe. I'm even planning on having the bookshelves I want to make raised for the same potentiality. There's not much of a flooding problem in the basement I'm turning into an apartment, but I figure I'll still be a Girl Scout and prepare for the worst X'D.

For reference, this is along the lines of what I'm planning to do for my bookshelves:

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-23-2020, 05:23 PM

Ooh, I;ve been thinking of making shelves like that too! Well, actually I wanted to use some zip ties to make temporary shelves, just because ... But I have no idea when I'll be able to move into my own place. >.<

Anyway, coolest looking future shelves ever.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-23-2020, 07:51 PM

Those shelves are really cute, but I could never as a cat owner. Cat vs jenga shelf gives me so much anxiety thinking about it!

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-23-2020, 07:55 PM

Those shelves look nice but I would. want somethng more stable if I had something like that for my guest bedroom. plus it would need some doors on it thanks to my mom. lols

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-23-2020, 09:02 PM

Doors on a shelf??

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-24-2020, 01:11 AM

She want's a storgae unit for the guest bedroom. we have one in the garage but can't recal. where we had got it form.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-24-2020, 06:04 AM

My solution to the cat-vs-jenga-shelf problem: put them together permanently. I no longer have access to woodworking tools since my grandfather died, which puts my original modular bookshelf idea out the window. Buuuut, since the friend I'm moving in with has a power drill, and screws are cheap...problem solved! Crates? Check. Drill? Check. Screws? Check. And paint? Check. All stuff I can get my hands on and do without any special instruction ^^

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-26-2020, 06:41 PM

Well, sounds like you're very determined, Taiyo. It's a cute idea so I think you should go for it.

I still think even if the crates aren't permanently attached, it's still too inviting of a cat sleep space with those little cubbies. My cat would live in it!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-26-2020, 09:12 PM

Then does your cat think all shelves are sleep places?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-26-2020, 11:34 PM

My phone is filled with pictures of the cats on our kpop shelves. Or any shelf. Pedro loves to shove things out of the way so he can sleep in there!

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-27-2020, 12:30 AM

Anyone ever had a cat sneak into the refrigerator? I ask cause my dad tolled me a funny little story. about my step mom's cat are should I say their cat. any way their cat named Cuddles. sneak into the open refrigerator, while. my step mom was putting stuff in it are taking stuff out. Cuddles just sat in there right before. my step mom was about to close the door to said refrigerator.

Dad has a laugh about that. jokeing about the cat would be a cold kitty.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-27-2020, 06:24 AM

Pfft, yet more proof that cats are weirdos.

My friend recently got a new fridge, and one day when I was repacking the freezer underneath it, Minerva decided to go exploring where the drawer had been. Took a few minutes to encourage her out of there so I could close the freezer X'D

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-27-2020, 05:05 PM

Pedro has definitely decided to chill in front of the open fridge door so I couldn't close it, but he's never really tried to get it. He's more of a sunbeam and warm blankets cat so I doubt he likes the cold even in the summer.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-27-2020, 05:35 PM

I am not shocked by that Taiyo-chan. heck when my stepbrother use to have his first cat. she somehow got stuck up. on a cabinet over the fridge one time. she had to meow a few times before someone could get her down. she was to scared to jump down on her own.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-27-2020, 10:35 PM

Once, when my parents had more than one cat, one of them somehow snuck into the space under the clawfoot tub, in behind the wood that was surrounding the base. Poor kitty was stuck in there for a while.