Darkness24

Old 04-19-2015, 12:29 AM

What anime should i watch??

AuraBarnes
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-06-2015, 03:52 AM

Fruits Basket.

I always recommend this one. It came out before Ouran High School Host Club.

Or Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (if you don't mind gore)
Serial Experiments Lain.
Haibane Renmei
Nazca (if you can find this gem, it's old!)
Generator Gawl
Vision of Escaflowne

I have more I could list!

FadingAchromatic

Old 11-13-2015, 05:38 PM

(Even though I wrote most of this, I will put it in quotations ["...."] and my quotes in this format ["'......'"])

"I have many animes for you to watch:

Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End in English):
"'Years ago, a lethal virus spreads across the world, wiping out most of humanity and allowing vampires to enslave the human race. From there, Yūichirō Hyakuya and his fellow orphans at the Hyakuya orphanage are treated as livestock, only being allowed to live for their blood. Desperate for freedom, Yūichirō and his best friend Mikaela hatch a plan to escape with their family to the outside world, hopefully free from vampires—only for their attempts to end in tragedy. As the only one to make it out alive, Yūichirō allies himself with the Japanese Imperial Demon Army — Japan's only hope against the vampires — in order to avenge his fallen friends.'"

Fairy Tail:
"'The fictional world of Earth-land (アースランド Āsu Rando?) is populated by wizards who coalesce into guilds to hone their magical abilities and apply them to paid job requests. Seventeen-year-old wizard Lucy Heartfilia runs away from home to join Fairy Tail, a wizards' guild famous for its members' overly destructive antics. She is invited into the guild by Natsu Dragneel, a dragon slayer (滅竜魔道士ドラゴンスレイヤー doragon sureiyā) wizard with dragon-like abilities who travels the kingdom of Fiore (フィオーレ王国 Fiōre Ōkoku) in search of his missing foster father, the dragon Igneel. Lucy forms a team with Natsu and his cat-like companion Happy, later to be joined by ice wizard Gray Fullbuster and armored wizard Erza Scarlet. The five embark on numerous guild missions, which include subjugating criminals, illegal dark guilds, and ancient Etherious (エーテリアス Ēteriasu) demons created by the dark wizard Zeref. The five gain allies from other guilds and lands, including Jellal Fernandez, Erza's childhood friend who is initially brainwashed into serving Zeref; dragon slayers Gajeel Redfox and Wendy Marvell, whose dragon guardians have similarly vanished; Carla and Panther Lily, members of Happy's cat-like Exceed race; Juvia Lockser, a rain woman who falls in love with Gray; and Laxus Dreyar, the renegade grandson of Fairy Tail's master Makarov.'"

Cowboy Bebop:
"'In 2071, roughly sixty years after an accident with a hyperspace gateway made the Earth uninhabitable, humanity has colonized most of the rocky planets and moons of the Solar System. Amid a rising crime rate, the Inter Solar System Police (ISSP) set up a legalized contract system, in which registered bounty hunters (also referred to as "Cowboys") chase criminals and bring them in alive in return for a reward.[2] The series protagonists are bounty hunters working from the spaceship Bebop. The original crew are Spike Spiegel, an exiled former hitman of the criminal Red Dragon Syndicate, and his partner Jet Black, a former ISSP officer. They are later joined by Faye Valentine, an amnesiac con artist; Edward Wong, an eccentric girl skilled in hacking; and Ein, a genetically-engineered Welsh Corgi with human-like intelligence. Over the course of the series, the team get involved in disastrous mishaps leaving them out of pocket, while often confronting faces and events from their past:[3] these include Jet's reasons for leaving the ISSP, and Faye's past as a woman from Earth injured in an accident and cryogenically frozen to save her life.'"

Psycho-Pass (Somewhat similar to Cowboy Bebop):
"'Psycho-Pass is set in 2113. The Sibyl System (シビュラシステム Shibyura Shisutemu?) is actively measuring the populace's mental states, personalities, and the probability that individuals will commit crimes, using a "cymatic scan" of the brain. The resulting assessment is called a Psycho-Pass (サイコパス Saikopasu?). When the probability of a person engaging in crimes measured by the Crime Coefficient (犯罪係数 Hanzaikeisū?) index exceeds a certain level in an individual, he or she is pursued, apprehended, and killed if necessary.'"

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 01-20-2016, 04:25 AM

Short list of newish stuff:

- Ore Monogatarti!
- Macross Delta(once it starts airing, that is)
- One Punch Man

Older stuff:

- Kill la Kill
- Victorian Romance Emma

Classic stuff:
- ...got an hour?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-21-2016, 04:00 PM

If you like cute things, Chi's Sweet Home is a really good one!
If you're into "magical girl" themed animes, I really loved Cardcaptor Sakura and Tokyo Mew Mew.
I also agree with Fruits Basket - it's really funny.
Hmm and if you like gorey stuff, there are Elfen Lied and Pet Shop of Horrors (but only a few episodes of the latter; there are many more mangas than anime episodes)

Pkero
~VR is the Future~

Old 01-24-2016, 07:07 AM

ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!

Seriously has some of the best action sequences in any anime, while also being incredibly self-aware and tongue-in-cheek about how ridiculous its premise is.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-25-2016, 01:31 AM

Ahh Saitama! haha

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 01-26-2016, 06:34 AM

Anything and everything by Ghibli.
Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Totoro, The Secret Life of Arrietty, Ponyo, Howl's Moving Castle, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind... anything and everything make by those guys.

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 03-21-2016, 11:09 PM

Here is a list of my favorites: FLCL, Kill la Kill, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fist of the North Star, Monster Rancher, Big O, Patlabor, Real Drive, Highschool of the Dead, Triage X, Tenchi Muyo (Ryo-Ohki and GPX ver.), Macross/Robotech, Sabagebu!, Attack on Titan, and Evangelion. These are just some of my favorites.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 03-23-2016, 01:02 PM

Durarara!!

Quote:
Tired of his mundane life, Mikado Ryugamine decides to move to Ikebukuro, a district in Tokyo, when a friend invites him. With everything from invisible gangs to rumored beings, Ikebukuro is full of connected mysteries where people's pasts intertwine with the present.
Definitely watch it in Japanese with the English subs. The voice acting is 1000x better.

---------- Post added 03-23-2016 at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingAchromatic View Post
Psycho-Pass (Somewhat similar to Cowboy Bebop):
"'Psycho-Pass is set in 2113. The Sibyl System (シビュラシステム Shibyura Shisutemu?) is actively measuring the populace's mental states, personalities, and the probability that individuals will commit crimes, using a "cymatic scan" of the brain. The resulting assessment is called a Psycho-Pass (サイコパス Saikopasu?). When the probability of a person engaging in crimes measured by the Crime Coefficient (犯罪係数 Hanzaikeisū?) index exceeds a certain level in an individual, he or she is pursued, apprehended, and killed if necessary.'"
Also yes to this one. So amazing.

Last edited by Xavirne; 03-23-2016 at 01:04 PM..

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-30-2016, 09:32 PM

I love the animated films by Hayao Miyazaki! The ones I watched that I enjoyed were Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and My Neighbor Totoro

Yuuki Sena
Bookworm

Old 04-09-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
I love the animated films by Hayao Miyazaki! The ones I watched that I enjoyed were Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and My Neighbor Totoro
I agree with you there. Anything made by them is great. I absolutely love Studio Ghibli. My favourites I'd have to say are My Neighbour Totoro and Arriety. Others are Castle In The Sky (Laputa), Ponyo, Kiki's Delivery Service, Porco Rosso, and Princess Mononoke

Here are my favourites:
Black Butler (my number one favourite only due to the fact that it was my first anime)
Inuyasha (older anime but has a bunch of action)
Fate: Zero (pretty violent if you ask me but has a bunch of action)
Fate: Stay Night (continuation of Fate: Zero)
Your Lie In April (pretty sad)
Nichijou (this one is pretty funny in my opinion)

jesse's gurl
If were going up, we might as we...
Send a message via AIM to jesse's gurl Send a message via MSN to jesse's gurl Send a message via Yahoo to jesse's gurl

Old 04-12-2016, 11:30 PM

Here's a couple that I suggest to you.

1.Sword Art Online 1&2 :) (you can watch it on crunchyroll.com)
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Blood+
4. Trinty Blood
5. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Arise
6. Bleach
7. Fairy Tail
8. Attack on Titan
9. Astrisk War

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 04-13-2016, 08:25 PM

Sword art online, sekirei, ouron high school host club, i've heard that free is fantastic but haven't seen it myself yet, fruits basket, and than there was this one that had dog in the title. it was on hulu. it was something about a servant..... other than that i can't remember the title, it was really good and weird and awesome though. xD

edit: and agree with above. anything studio ghibli

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-10-2016, 09:53 PM

heres a link to my myanimelist page, its a great website. You can look at my page and see if you like it then make your own (totes friend me if you do!) and it gives great recommendations and talks about the best anime on the home page, like the most popular and stuff. It's really hard to explain, you should just check it all out! :3 mercygrim96's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 11:50 PM

I bookmarked your profile to check out later. Specifically when i'm with my hubby cause he watches WAY more anime than i do.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-11-2016, 12:29 AM

cool, I hope you find some awesome stuff to watch :3

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 12:41 AM

i'm very bad at watching them. I've got a handful in my I've watched this list. xD and my favorites are ones like pokemon, ouron host club, and avatar the last airbender. american anime. still anime.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-12-2016, 02:27 AM

Hey those are awesome animes! Host Club is onna my all time favs!!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-16-2016, 02:18 AM

i've watched it all the way through so many times. my poor girls have no idea what i'm watching. xD