onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 05-11-2013, 05:04 AM

Okay, so here's an article that was going around my friends' pages on facebook yesterday. It's from someone's tumblr -- but at least some of what he or she says makes sense. What does everyone else think?

IDK...

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 05-14-2013, 04:40 AM

bump!

So I have to go pick up some spackle and headbands on payday so I can start working on Stein's new screw prop at some point. Hopefully before Otakon. ^_^;

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 05-15-2013, 05:32 PM

Bumping for an update: in case you haven't heard, Otakon announced their Sunday musical guest...

...Yoko Kanno.

As in, THAT Yoko Kanno. Cowboy Bebop Yoko Kanno. Macross Frontier Yoko Kanno. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Yoko Kanno. The Yoko Kanno who allegedly is also Gabriela Robin(Information High, one of THE best Macross songs, IMHO).

Everyone, get ready to throw your money at Otakon for pre-registration NOW, if you haven't already. lol.

additional: Spackle get, although Michael's didn't have the headband I needed. So I'll prolly end up scavenging from my old prop if I don't feel like taking a walk over to A.C. Moore...

Last edited by onsenmark; 05-15-2013 at 05:35 PM..

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 05-15-2013, 05:57 PM

No Otakon for me.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM_ROCK View Post
No Otakon for me.
I know the feeling; this is going to be my last Otakon for the next few years, at least -- so I'm going to try and fit in a few things I couldn't do before, like eat at Fogo de Chao, and go up to the top of the World Trade Center and take pictures of Baltimore(I wanted to do it last year, but I never got the chance).

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 AM

Maybe one day an American con

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 05-18-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM_ROCK View Post
Maybe one day an American con

You should at least try; I would presume that the only thing better would be a Japanese con.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 05-18-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsenmark View Post
Doing a bit of work. Added one new link. Because I can.

Okay, so let's try and get some discussion going, here. What is the BEST cosplay you've ever seen? I like this one, because:

1) She put a BOATLOAD of effort into it
2) It's totally obscure
3) It's from one of my all-time favorite games

So, ladies and gentlemen of Menewsha who peruse this thread, I present to you... Recette cosplay!
I cannot get over how AMAZING this is! I am so proud that they did it all themselves. They are so talented!
It would have been great to see in real life. I am really just so happy that I've seen this talent, thank you for sharing!

I've never been to a comic con or the like due to them being really far away. I hope to go to one later this year though since I have and IOU plane ticket somewhere up my sleeve. I'd like to cosplay Asuna from Sword Art Online but I will definitely be buying a costume rather than making one. I kind of wish that my face shape was more slim like hers but whatever.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 05-19-2013, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlands View Post
I cannot get over how AMAZING this is! I am so proud that they did it all themselves. They are so talented!
It would have been great to see in real life. I am really just so happy that I've seen this talent, thank you for sharing!

I've never been to a comic con or the like due to them being really far away. I hope to go to one later this year though since I have and IOU plane ticket somewhere up my sleeve. I'd like to cosplay Asuna from Sword Art Online but I will definitely be buying a costume rather than making one. I kind of wish that my face shape was more slim like hers but whatever.
Doesn't matter -- if you think you can do it, then do it! Don't let something minor stop you from cosplaying if you want to!

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 05-24-2013, 11:33 PM

bump! And there are just over 76.5 days until Otakon!

I still need to get my pre-reg in, so I'll be doing that once I get paid; I'll have to go ahead and take the trek to AC Moore to get the last item I need for my prop, then I can start working on it. I think I can get it done well in advance of Otakon.

So, what's everyone's next convention? Or are you already AT one this weekend?(Because if you ARE -- LUCKOS. )

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 05-25-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Doesn't matter -- if you think you can do it, then do it! Don't let something minor stop you from cosplaying if you want to!
Well, I think I can do it but my bank account at the moment says different, haha.
It will be okay though since it's like 6 months away!

Damn, living in America must be so awesome for all of the conventions you guys get!

musasgal
The ever changing Fairy of Mene ...
Penpal

Old 05-25-2013, 10:52 AM

ok....and I'm going to con next week!!!

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 05-25-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlands View Post
Well, I think I can do it but my bank account at the moment says different, haha.
It will be okay though since it's like 6 months away!

Damn, living in America must be so awesome for all of the conventions you guys get!
Yeah, I just wish I could afford to go to more than three a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musasgal
ok....and I'm going to con next week!!!
Oh? Which one? There are six cons listed on animecons.com for next weekend alone...

musasgal
Penpal

Old 05-25-2013, 07:51 PM

it's not on the list because it's not a USA con

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 05-25-2013, 07:59 PM

HIM's costumes have arrived 8D

musasgal
Penpal

Old 05-25-2013, 08:27 PM

yay!!!

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 05-25-2013, 08:50 PM

HIM's just waiting on bits and needs to order some more...possibly

Last edited by HIM_ROCK; 05-25-2013 at 08:52 PM..

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 05-26-2013, 01:42 AM

I still need to get the headband for my prop, but I'll have to put it on hold until at least next week; right now, it looks like I'll be working Tuesday to Saturday this coming week.

But I'll still be putting in my pre-reg for Otakon, though; I'll just have to wait until I got get my headband to stop by the library and get the relevant forms printed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musasgal
it's not on the list because it's not a USA con
Either that, or it's just not listed on animecons...

Last edited by onsenmark; 05-26-2013 at 03:34 AM..

musasgal
Penpal

Old 05-26-2013, 02:57 AM

well, its a v. cool con....with pleanty to do

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 05-26-2013, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musasgal View Post
well, its a v. cool con....with pleanty to do
I think that could describe the majority of cons, lol.

musasgal
Penpal

Old 05-26-2013, 03:43 AM

Quote:
I think that could describe the majority of cons, lol.
true

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 06-01-2013, 03:01 PM

So, as of this past Wednesday, who has two thumbs and has pre-registered for Otakon?

this guy right here.

Now I just need to score some sort of crash space. And bus tickets. And finish my new prop. All in around 70 days. Okay, chums -- let's do this. LEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYY JEEEEEEENKINSSSS.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 06-06-2013, 02:48 PM

obligatory bump!

So, there's about two months until Otakon, and the only things I've done are to request time off from work, and to pre-register. So I guess I have to really start looking for a hotel room next week. Oh, and pick up that last little piece I still need for my prop -- I can wait until next week to do that, I think. But I really should start working on the rest this weekend, if I've the chance.

Also, Ota had their last "hay guise, guess the musical guest" contest recently; based on the available clues, I guessed it was May'n. Actually, I kind of hope so -- not so much because "hey, I want stuff", or because I like her stuff(hey, come on -- she's Sheryl Nome's singing voice, for crying out loud) -- it's because for once, I wanna get one of these things RIGHT.

So, who else has con planning in the works, and how is it going?

musasgal
Penpal

Old 06-07-2013, 10:39 AM

I'm going to the same con I went to last weekend in the upper half of my country later on this year (mainly for rehab for the knee....long story), so getting the accomidation, flights and tickets starts next month all the way to October. Some of the guests are already announced!!

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 06-20-2013, 05:21 AM

So it occurred to me (after I bought the headband for Stein's new headscrew) that I could just take the man, non-headband bits from the old prop and glue them to the new one. And then I facepalmed because I had already bought all the other materials. But I'll probably end up remaking the prop before Nekocon, anyway.

Otakon is in just over 50 days. Speaking of Otakon, they just announced Kyle Hebert as a guest.

AND IT'S ABOUT BLOODY TIME, I SAY.