The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 05-06-2013, 09:32 AM

I will flesh the description out in the near future. However, in the meanwhile, feel free to chime in if you have become recently addicted to the new anime by the name of "Karneval".

A mystery about a young mysteriously childlike and innocent boy who ends up in rather extreme and dangerous situations trying to find an old friend of his, with a bracelet that he found amonst what is presumed to be blood on the beach is his only clue.

He runs into a theif-like character with a troubled past and who isn't as completely heartless as he likes to portray.

The duo end up involved with the secret defense organization known as "Circus", they have magic powers, offense and defense, pretty girls and bishounen alike.

The world in which they live has many mysteries to unravel, and there are many mysteries about the characters and their pasts.

Last edited by The_Crow; 06-06-2013 at 07:14 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 05-06-2013, 03:41 PM

I've actually just gotten around to sticking this one on my 'to watch list,' which is, admittedly, getting pretty long these days (given the amount of time I have to watch new things). I'll be sure to throw my two cents in once I've seen a few eps and gotten a good feel for it

I will say that I rather like the art.

Paranoid Doll
The Romantic Nerd

Old 05-06-2013, 10:06 PM

i've been eyeing karnival, and i've seen it crop up
on a few of my 'must watch' lists that others tell
me of~ o 3 o the art is lovely, and from what i know
of the story, i think i'll like it a rather lot. o u o <33

although, i may wait a bit, or until it's done, like with
kuroshitsuji... > o > just to wait it out and see if i
like it... i can't afford to get hopelessly addicted to
another show. q u q <33

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 05-07-2013, 02:07 AM

this was on my to watch list since last year haha, i think i added to my list around the same time i added amnesia. i forgot to start watching it when it released though, cause i got distracted by some other stuff and am now watching utapri season 2, but I'll probably try to catch up or something when i have the time :) it looks really interesting~

Kisshu
Pretty in Pink

Old 05-29-2013, 02:35 AM

I have been watching this and I think it's really good! Gareki has such a strong personality and he keeps getting challenged. I love it. I don't want to spoil anything since it seems most of you haven't watched it yet. It has a really good storyline though with lots of mystery. I can't wait to see how things play out. The last episode I watched was so intense! I am super excited about the next one.

Zombie Pixie
(。・ω・&...

Penpal

Old 05-29-2013, 05:48 PM

Iv been watching every episode soo far and i love it :3

I love the relationship that's building between Nai and Gareki...and everyt iem Gareki looks at Nai now all he see's is a cute little animal xD blahahaha

omg then Yogi he was my favorite for 1 episode hopefully 2..with the new one coming up i want to see what happens since Yogi has had a personality change

The only problem is i have issues with a few of the character relationships that are going on and how we barely know anything about Kafka. I mean shouldnt we know more about them already?

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 06-06-2013, 07:10 AM

I think I'm a few episodes behind, but I've seen the first 5 episodes so far, and I must admit I'm fairly interested. The market seemes over-saturated with anime these days so it is actually difficult to find something to attain and hold my interest.

My roomate didn't care too much for it after a couple of episodes because he said there were 'too many pretty boys'. If you don't mind the spoiler fact that Nai is actually from a cute little animal, and really behaves more like a child, I don't consider him a 'consenting adult, and of the actual adult age characters it seems more equally balanced, even in the first episode the 'fighter' was a bishoujo.

It is interesting to see the progression of Gareki's character, from theif, to where he makes a small place in his heart for Nai as he doesn't fall into the three categories of "an enemy, a nobody, or prey". It was also really heart-breaking to learn about Gareki's past.

I wonder in the end who will be better of an influence on Nai? Gareki or Kakoru?

Zombie Pixie
(。・ω・&...

Penpal

Old 06-07-2013, 02:22 AM

It feels like Gareki is filling up the space in Nai's heart we dont really hear about Kakoru from Nai as much.
And to many pretty boys? Theres a few cute girls in there D:<
But it's true the dudes do out number the girls in this anime so far

And i love that fact that Nai is actaully part animal lol

In the latest episode you will find something shocking about Yogi!! So hurry and catch up O:

shadowwolfgem

Old 04-09-2014, 04:52 AM

I just love that anime. The art is so good, I just love the color choices for the characters. I also started to read the manga.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 04-09-2014, 04:53 AM

Ah., I forgot this was here! I was actually thinking sometime within the past week that I need to finish KARNEVAL. It moved a little slow so I didn't stick with it.

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 04-09-2014, 05:19 PM

Well, I'm only on episode 7 of the anime now I think? I only recently found time to start watching it. I did get caught up in the manga though.

I like the progression of the anime actually, it seems to be alright for me. Though that may be just cause I've already read the manga so I already know what's happening?

Have you seen the trailer/heard about the english dub that's being released for Karneval?