ChocoCoveredCoffeeChick
*^_^*

Old 08-29-2011, 05:00 PM

Severus Snape and Fred Weasley are the two deaths that got to me the most.

With Fred it was because I didn't expect it at all. Which I now know is what J.K. Rowling was going for -- and of course she did it amazingly.

Then with Severus... let me just state he is my favorite character. but knowing all this time he was doing things for his love of Lily and then the way he died - totally still because of his love for Lily... omg i am about to cry thinking about it.

But really the whole book just had me tears. I had to keep stopping because it was so sad.... she captured war very well.

KelseyShroom
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-22-2011, 06:30 AM

I have three,
Fred Weasley because the twins hold a soft spot in my heart and its so hard imagining them apart.
Severus Snape really because it was so touching just before he died it made it so hard to bare. We finally got to know the real severus then WHAM! dead :(
The other was Sirius Black simply because in the three books he was in he became such a big part of the story, He touched your heart as if he was going to be there till the end then he gets killed.. I WANT THEM BACK!

Maiden of Unicorns
*^_^*

Old 09-23-2011, 09:47 PM

Sirius for sure for me. I stopped reading the entire series because of it. I got really pissed off because of the death.

Reading the above posts I was shocked that Fred and Severeus died. Wow, she really killed off alot of people.

Arumaixana
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-24-2011, 01:22 AM

Dobby
'nuff said.
Of course I haven't actually READ the Harry Potter Books
but when I started sobbing when I was watching the movie. D:

nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-24-2011, 04:08 AM

I'll admit, I cried for quite a few of the deaths in the series but the one that actually shocked me was Hedwig. I guess I assumed that when Fang made it out of the fire in the previous book that animals would be safe.

Course after that part I just figured anyone was fair game so the others weren't quite as shocking. I still had hopes that they would find Mad Eye Moody locked up somewhere.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
Forever Questioning the Unknown

Old 09-25-2011, 10:28 PM

Dobby and Severus Snape...to say the least

and for all you fans looking for a Harry Potter RP...welcome to Hogwarts :D

http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...accepting.html

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:10 PM

For me, while reading the books, the most shocking death was Dobby's. I still can't believe J. K. did that to him. I loved the little guy, I never would have guessed he'd die! Not ashamed, a couple of tears every time I read the Deathly Hallows. But during the movie, I sobbed uncontrolably when Snape died and don't ask me why beause I do not know to this day. Maybe it was well executed? Whatever it was, well, sob sob sob, tissues and a lot of snot. For about five minutes. Or ten.

And then a little after the credits.

EvelynWn
Wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzup!!!!! !!!!!

Old 10-27-2011, 10:22 PM

Sirius and Hedwig... mostly because they were so unexpected. WHY WOULD YOU KILL THE OWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT THE OWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheela
Don't look!! Someone stole my cl...

Old 10-30-2011, 02:31 PM

For me it was Serius. I totally loved him!!! And Harry deserved a parent like figure over dumbeldore.

For me it is also Serius because I started te get tired of Harry Potter after part 5. I was a total fan, but it took to long. And I know it is not the writers falt, it is mine. But I couldn't care less anymore.

I do have to admit that it was dumbeldore's death that made me cry.... not serius.

moon children
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-30-2011, 03:33 PM

Bellatrix because mostly i didnt like her in the book but i fell in love with her in the movie XD ((ok so sue me i have a thing for the actress)) i watched the movie by myself with like a few of my friends because we waited until it was at a dollar theater and well we all screamed when she died and how could they make it so ugly

then i guess dobby because i like the little guy he was cute me and my five guy friends where all in tears because we wanted him to live T_T

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-30-2011, 11:29 PM

i love the harry potter moives and books!!! i have read it over and over again!!!
i hated how dobby has to die. he is soooo cute! :)
actually i hated how she made all the good guys died, but i can understand y beucase then it would be too unreal

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 11-03-2011, 02:49 AM

I can't say i was at all sad to see Dumbledore die. i didn't really like him.

I cried a bit when Snape died in the movie, and fred's death really had me crying. Tonks and Remus did not deserve to die either! The movie just made my feeings from reading the books and getting upset over it then worse.

but i love the harry potter series nonetheless and will continue reading it no matter how sad it made me. though i think the fact that the series actually ended upset me the most...

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 11-03-2011, 03:28 AM

Nuffing Hedwig caught me off guard.
She was a beautiful little creature and was sad when she passed.
Later on, it was the Weasley twin, Fred.
I could not believe Rowling killed him off.
That one really threw me.
:' C

ShadowDemon101
The Idea Girl

Old 11-03-2011, 03:50 AM

Fred's death also threw me off and completely destroyed me.

WHY WOULD YOU KILL FRED?! T_T

His death broke my heart completely because I have always loved the Weasley twins but Fred just stuck out more for me. They were so close and so cool, playing pranks and making it big with their Joke shop, that when Fred died I was shell-shocked, albit less than Molly who I know had the hardest time...

I'm glad that Molly was the one to kill Bellatrix though. I mean, character-wise Bellatrix was cool. But for Molly to just kill her like that, it was just unexpected. :D

Hegwig and Dobby dying took me by surprise too, but not as much as Fred.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-03-2011, 05:47 AM

I actually thought "I wouldn't mind dying like that" When I saw how Fred went.

Quote:
With the ghost of the last laugh still upon his face"

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 11-04-2011, 12:19 PM

I was willing to tolerate most of the deaths, because there was a war on and death is a part of war. Too often we have a "redshirt complex" in war movies/books where it's always the guy we didn't know who was right next to the main characters that die, and then in the thrilling climax (maybe) one of the main characters snuffs it.

That being said, Lupin and Tonks bothered me the most, particularly since I feel Lupin only died as a plot device so Harry could have all of his mentors with him when he used the stone in the forest. Not to mention the fact that they had only just had a baby.

ShadowDemon101
The Idea Girl

Old 11-04-2011, 04:51 PM

You know I never really thought about it like that. :O I mean, Lupin and Tonks dying right after ahving their little boy seriously mde me cry, but I never thought about it like a plot evice.

It makes sense though. :D

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-05-2011, 04:07 PM

Dumbledore's death got me the most. I'm talking about the book version, just to be clear. In the movie, he seemed almost like a different person. I don't know. *shrug* But in the books, he was such a kind, compassionate, and loving man that it was a shame to see him die. The only thing I can liken it to is the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. Both of them could have done so much more for the world if they hadn't died, y'know?

For that regard, I wasn't upset to see Severus die. I know he did it according to Dumbledore's wishes and everything, but that doesn't make much of a difference to me. And if he hadn't killed Dumbledore, then he'd be alive anyway. The only reason Voldemort killed him was because he thought that Severus had power over the Elder Wand.

On the contrary, Voldemort's death was also rather unsatisfactory. I mean, Molly killed Bellatrix through this epic duel, and then Harry kills Voldemort with Expelliamus. There wasn't even a real duel! It was pathetic how easily he died, even though I know why it happened that way. I mean, Dumbledore fought him more epicly in the Ministry than the final confrontation.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 11-05-2011, 04:17 PM

Dobby, Sirius, Fred, and Dumbledore.
I'm pretty sure I cried when Dumbledore died.
I was sad that Sirius died because he was like a mentor/father figure to Harry.
Fred was one of my favorite characters in the whole series, so I was bummed that he had to go.
And Dumbledore...another mentor to Harry that ends up dying!
And Dobby, he was just a poor innocent house elf that got caught in the crossfire. :(

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:09 PM

I don't think it was a plot device for Remus to die so that Harry could see him. J. K. said she wanted baby Teddy to grow up just like Harry but with all the things Harry never had: a family, love, friends. And his godfather with him, as Harry was his godfather. In a slightly sad way, J. K. did the right thing by killing both Tonks and Remus. I find it was necessary for the underlying moral of the story.

madd_hatters
*^_^*

Old 11-08-2011, 06:17 PM

For me I was sad when Hedwig died the most I think, I'm vegetarian and it always gets me when animals are harmed because of stupid humans. <.<

BUT otherwise, Sirius and Dobby were really sad for me and I was sad for Cedric since it was a definite case of wrong place at the wrong time. <.<

Alchemist of Anarchy
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Alchemist of Anarchy

Old 11-16-2011, 03:32 PM

When Sirius Black and Dumbledore got it I was shocked for so long. I almost didn't want to read the rest of the series!

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:07 AM

Snape, Fred, Hedwig and Voldemort.

Snape - Obvious. It was the most heart breaking moment, ever. Both in the movie and book.

Fred - I just feel so sorry for the Weasley family. They were so rich in love. And George...poor George lost his best friend. :(

Hedwig - Such a beautiful owl. And so loyal. She could have flown to safety and gone off to be with other owls, but she chose to protect her master.

Voldemort - His death didn't get to me in the way the others did. But it was like..."Oh my god, things are gonna be 99.9% better now."

Plateau
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-17-2011, 04:05 PM

Dobby was a pretty horrible death I must say, I loved Dobby ever since he was first introduced into the series. However if we're talking people deaths, Sirius (my all time favourite character) and Fred were awful for me, closely followed by Mad Eye. I think that those three hit me hardest because all three of those characters had such personality and wit about them that I identified with them more than the serious characters, so it was horrible when they died. I was so angry at the end of the seventh book because JK Rowling killed off so many characters, it was expected yes, but I still felt cheated.

Miiyako
call me Spencer

Old 11-26-2011, 05:45 AM

For me it was Hedwig and Fred. I teared up with Hedwig, and I flat out bawled with Fred. I mean, every death was sad and depressing, but those two left a huge impression on me.