Nola
Forever Depressed, Forever Stres...

Old 09-11-2014, 01:03 AM

Ok I'm pretty sure I am not the only one planning two months ahead xD lol. This thread is for those of you who want to throw ideas around and get their ideas checks and get opinions. I am planning mine as we speak :D Almost done with pre planning but then I will probably think of stuff to add lol. How is it going for you guys?

Uniplex
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sic...

Old 09-13-2014, 05:45 PM

Ah NaNoWriMo.... I did this a couple years ago. It was hard!!! .... I don't think I can do it this year, but I hope anyone who does hascan excellent time!! :)

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-15-2014, 06:34 AM

What are the rules of NaNoWriMo? I never really made an effort for it.

Nola

Old 09-15-2014, 11:00 AM

There is a 50,000 minimum word count, you can't actually start writing your story until the first of November but you can plan before that. You can go to the website for more info. National Novel Writing Month

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-15-2014, 12:44 PM

I've been hashing around a story for some time that I might want to write out anyway... So maybe I'll finally get to it!

Nola

Old 09-20-2014, 10:29 PM

My favorite part of NaNo is getting to connect with other characters in your community and do word sprints where you write as much as you can in a certain amount of time :D It is very fun.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-22-2014, 03:37 AM

Yeah, when I checked out that page I wanted deeply to look into the forums, but I want to keep my ideas mine and unmuddled until I can start writing them down.

Nola

Old 09-23-2014, 10:56 AM

I understand. I get so many ideas that if I don't write them down, I either forget them or they get all jumbled up. I have so many little stories on my computer. I had more on my other computer, some I got further on, and I am sad that it messed up before I could get them off.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-26-2014, 07:43 PM

OH CRAP I don't have a title... dang it.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 09-26-2014, 07:45 PM

I am currently writing a fanfic.
I have a few ideas of what to write about for NaNoWriMo for my next chapters.
So I am pretty prepared.

Nola

Old 09-26-2014, 08:31 PM

I am planning my chapters out but since we can't write until November I must wait ;~; I am also gonna draw my characters. I don't know how many chapters to plan out.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-27-2014, 08:26 AM

oh lol. XD I was expecting to see a NaNo thread next month at Literature Forum or Nation Forum.
and wala! Someone started it as early as September? in Book Forum? XD

I am continuing my Nano piece from 2012. Which was the one I do for 2013 too... gosh, it is like a never ending story. D:
Hopefully this time round, with the additional challenge of having full time job, I can still manage to achieve at least the minimum goal.

Nola

Old 09-27-2014, 01:22 PM

o.o I thought you had to start a new one every year. I was told you couldn't use existing things you have been writing on o.o was I lied to? because of so I will gladly go back to working on my one from last year.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-27-2014, 03:32 PM

... I never read the rules... nor do I upload my things on NaNo website...
I just ride on the hype of NaNo to motivate myself. >.<

So far from my years of chatting with NaNo people (it really just a few people... x.x less than 10.) In my impression, as long as it is 50k words, story being all new or half new is not important. O__O

Nola

Old 09-27-2014, 05:29 PM

:/ I wish I had known that last year. I had to pull something out of my butt a week before the event to start a story and only got 22k done. I have been planning for a month now so I will stick with my new idea. I love the challenge of having to start a completely new idea and finishing it in a month.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-27-2014, 05:41 PM

It is impossible for me to finish a story in 50k.
I am a long winded person. and always like complex plots.

Currently, for this NaNo piece, I have up to 160k words. 8D
and only like half way through the story... x.x *failure*

I have started a lot of stories without ending, so sick of that. I NEED to finish stories to feel successful.

Nola

Old 09-27-2014, 06:24 PM

Well I think 50k is just the limit. After you get to 50k you can submit what you have and you get a winner badge for getting to 50k. I had set my goal to t least 60k last year and I didn't even get halfway. This year I am determined to at least get to 50k. I am gonna plan a bunch of chapters and see what comes out then when November comes, I can start my story. Most of my stories end up being based off of roleplays that I do. The story I am using for my novel is gonna be based off of a mythology rp. It involves a girl who is blind but can see mythical creatures. Here is the plot. I am looking for comments and critique on it. My librarian loved it and some of the stuff in it was from her advice that she gave me. I got the names of all of my locations from converting the words to Latin. I had fun doing that ^w^.

Amaerlide is a sweet, kind and caring girl. She loves nature and animals. There is only one problem: she is blind. She hasn't been able to see for as long as she can remember. What makes her special is that, although she is blind to humans and the human world, she can see mythical creatures. They appear in the darkness that has she has come so familiar with. She use to tell her mother about it but her mother worried so she stopped talking about what she saw. She mostly got warm feelings from the creatures she saw but every now and then, she would feel the cold. Unknown to her, but known to her guardian dog Leo, she is the protector of myth. The reason she can see mythical creatures instead of humans is because she is meant to save the creatures.

In the mythical realm of Terra Fabula, a war is brewing. The darkness is corrupting magical creatures, turning them into minions. This has been going on for years and the council has decided that it is time to bring Amaerlide to their kingdom. The day that she enters the kingdom with Leo is the day that Mythik, controller of the darkness, attacks the Council’s Palace. Forced to flee from the sanctuary, Leo leads Amaerlide to safety and they begin the quest to unlock Amaerlide’s powers. Amaerlide must unlock her powers if she is to defeat Mythik and save the kingdom. She will also be faced with the hardest choice of her life: Stay in the kingdom where she can see or return to earth where she is blind.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-28-2014, 01:08 AM

I always like fantasy stories. So that is one plus for me. to even start reading. lol. Totally bias.

I love your character Amaerlide, and the catch of being blind in one world and not the other. As far as plot goes, now is too generic but I am sure when it comes down to detail it may have more interesting plot twists.
Another thing about names, I LOVE making up names. Your Amaerlide means...?
I look forward for more description of the fantasy world.

Nola

Old 09-28-2014, 02:09 AM

That is just the summary I created while planning the novel but yes it will have some good plot twist, though I hope to try to stay away from the love triangle bit. I find that over used. Amaerlide is a name I found on a list. I hate using common names so I looked up fantasy names and I liked that one. It was for a rp I was in. I love it though.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-28-2014, 07:31 AM

ooo. I see. I don't like common names too. XD
Love triangle? I like reading romance bit, but very picky with the type of romance that I read. :X

Nola

Old 09-28-2014, 12:09 PM

I might add a bit of romance between Amaerlide and her guardian Leo but unless I run out of events or plots, I might just steer clear or the triangle.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-28-2014, 04:11 PM

I focus more on my plot than romance bit.
and I have such unrealistic romance ideal that I don't think most people in this generation would accept it.

Cuteness Squared

Old 10-20-2014, 05:47 AM

I feel like preplanning is cheating but, I don't even finish EVER!!!!
Maybe I should plan out my story a little bit with these last few days!

Cosmic Dangernaut
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-20-2014, 07:05 AM

I've been kicking around a few concepts that I could potentially flesh out. I still haven't decided whether I'll be doing it, but apparently November is kind of a dead month where I live/work so this might free up some time to actually write whereas I've been bogged down by term papers and the like in the past. Maybe it'd force me to actually commit to one of the several ideas I've been flip flopping between.

Nola

Old 10-20-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuteness Squared View Post
I feel like preplanning is cheating but, I don't even finish EVER!!!!
Maybe I should plan out my story a little bit with these last few days!
Lol. You are allowed to plan Cuteness Squared: NaNo sent my writing club a book that was made by some of the people to even help us plan. It helps you be more organized. Most people start planning in October but I started mid September. It is just getting your idea lined out so you have an easier time writing. Plus planning is useful but sometimes you end up away from where you plan so it doesn't matter. It depends on the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Dangernaut View Post
I've been kicking around a few concepts that I could potentially flesh out. I still haven't decided whether I'll be doing it, but apparently November is kind of a dead month where I live/work so this might free up some time to actually write whereas I've been bogged down by term papers and the like in the past. Maybe it'd force me to actually commit to one of the several ideas I've been flip flopping between.
I hope you pick one that you like and I hope you enjoy it.