Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 03-23-2012, 06:26 AM

. : Medieval Lock and Key : .

OOC Thread

. : What is a Lock and Key Event? : .

Simply put, a modern lock and key party is a type of singles party.

Every girl receives a necklace with a lock on it as they walk in; every guy receives a necklace with a key on it. Within the group, there is a key for every lock and vice versa. The object of the game is to find your match.

This roleplay is no modern-day lock and key event.

. : Plot : .

Once Upon a Time, there lived a king with a rather stubborn daughter. She had just breached the age of seventeen, three years later than the normal time to marry, yet she still refused to accept any of the suitors proposed by her father. The stubborn girl declared that there was 'no chance' whatsoever in her father's method of choosing. Her father, King Lelair, thought over his daughter's words carefully, and set up an intricate system of choosing her husband- one in which 'chance' was indeed a variable.

King Lelair's method was to congregate the unmarried royalty of all of the kingdoms in the realm at his summer castle, just outside of his country Mirarenn, where they would partake in a game. Every princess, duchess, or etc. would receive a randomly distributed locket with their invitation, and every prince, duke, or etc. would be given a unique key. Their job was to get to know each other, and over the span of a month or so, find whose key opened whose locket. The couples that ended up as partners would be wed at the end of the month's time they were given.

However, there is a damper in the King's little game. After spending a month in his summer castle getting to know each other, what if an unmatched pair fell in love with each other? They'd exchange necklaces with another. What if another was jealous? They'd either steal or fight for the rights to a necklace. And if one person were to steal the key of another? They would marry both men or women. There were many problems stitched into the history of the game, and now, ten years later, the same engagement continues. Young people from all over the realm have been invited to stay in the darling king's mansion, sent by their family to find another to wed. What could possibly happen this time around?

. : Other Information : .

All characters will be staying at the castle both night and day, enough said.

There are various ways to spend one's day there, there's no need to be hunting down your partner constantly. Get to know others. Have conversation. That being said, you're free to have your characters try finding matches as you'd please. I'll be posting a rough map and a list of amenities some time soon.

Rooms will be private suites, no shared bath chambers.

Here's the fun part. No servants will be available to do any of the chores! Yeah!
That means that the guests are entirely alone in this, as the king so wished. Guests will have to cook and clean for themselves.

A side note from myself- I won't be telling you who's lock matches who's key! If two characters attempt to see if a key fits a lock, I'll expect both of the Menewshans controlling the pair to come to a mutual decision whether or not the key fits. You can have your characters try to find matches as you'd like.

. : Maps : .

Lelair's summer castle is based off of Château de Chambord.
( I'll be impressed if you know your french castles. ;D )

Guide to the bedrooms here, brought to you by the magnificent April.

Castle map, anyone?

First FloorX

Second FloorX

Empty rooms can be used to guests' convenience.

Third FloorX

Fourth FloorX

. : Rules : .

If you have any questions about these, PM me!

Follow Menewsha's rules.

Keep it PG-13.

Don't be rude or disrespectful in OOC.

You may have up to three characters.

Under no circumstances may your character have a lock that has two keys, or vice versa. That's against the plot.

Title your PM to me as "Lock" for a girl character, and/or "Key" for a guy.

Please try to help keep the couples to an even number.

If you're going to be gone for any reason, just notify me via PM.

This is a Semi-Lit RP. The means no one-liners, and an attempt to use proper spelling and grammar!

I, as thread owner, hold the right to add, subtract, or -for heaven's sake- multiply these rules if I so wish so.

. : Profile Skeletons : .

PM these to me.

My name is (full name).
I hail from (kingdom).
I am a (type of royalty).
I am (number) years old.
I am a (man or woman).
I enjoy (at least three activities) in my spare time.
I am to wed a (man/woman).
Hopefully, the person I wed will be (at least three qualities).
In the mirror, I see: (picture or detailed description)
My (Lock/Key): (picture or description)

. : Accepted Characters : .

Ai MyazakiX

My name is Ai Myazaki.
I hail from Kyoku.
I am a princess.
I am 18 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy literature, music, dancing, and a bit of fencing in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be playful, caring, and a good listener.
In the mirror, I see:

My Lock:

Jasper EvequeX

My name is Jasper Eveque.
I hail from Mirarenn.
I am a prince.
I am 21 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy fencing, writing, and horse-back riding in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be beautiful, obedient, and able to hold her tongue.
In the mirror, I see:

My Key:

Kitty Maylin TempasX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shania583
My name is Kitty Maylin Tempas.
I hail from Primidion.
I am a Princess
I am 19 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy listening to music, drawing, and exploring the outdoors in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be charming, funny, and kind hearted.
In the mirror, I see:
My (Lock/Key):

Samuel Lott WintersX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyRey
My name is Samuel Lott Winters.
I hail from Zima Kruzhevo.
I am a Duke.
I am 20 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy racing, playing a musical instrument (or at least learning how to, heh), and hunting in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be fun-loving, talented, sensible, and knowledgeable.
In the mirror, I see:
My Key:

Maiara Anise KingsleyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose
My name is Maiara Anise Kingsley.
I hail from Iruna.
I am a princess.
I am 18.
I am a woman.
I enjoy drawing, playing clarinet, sparing (prefers using a pole arm), and reading in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be strong, intelligent and kind.
In the mirror, I see:

(Lock/Key):

Scarlett Aurora AndrewsX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Scarlett Divine
My name is Scarlett Aurora Andrews.
I hail from Aurelia.
I am a Princess.
I am seventeen years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy painting, singing, and dancing in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be brave, mentally and physically strong, And not expect me to wait on his every need. I'm no servant to anyone.
In the mirror, I see:
My (Lock/Key):

Alexander Joshua DraykX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Scarlett Divine
My name is Alexander Joshua Drayk.
I hail from Florence .
I am a Prince.
I am nineteen years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy hunting, exploring, and doing anything to make my father angry in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be beautiful, funny, and be fun to be around.
In the mirror, I see:
My (Lock/Key):

AlastairX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triquetra
My name is Prince Alastair of England.
I hail from England.
I am a prince.
I am 20 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy reading, dancing, and proper speech in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be sacrificing, of good blood, and bright.
In the mirror, I see:
My (Lock/Key): X

Merilyn O'NeillX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triquetra
My name is Merilyn O'Neill.
I hail from Dublin.
I am a duchess.
I am 19 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy hunting, archery, storytelling and singing in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be talented, open-minded, and adventurous.
In the mirror, I see:

My Lock: X

Daniel Bhaltair GilmoreX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavi
My name is Daniel Bhaltair Gilmore.
I hail from Valhalla.
I am an emperor.
I am 23 years old.
I am a gentleman.
I enjoy sparing, doing hard manual labor, gardening, acting, reading maps and learning about history, cooking, and daydreaming in my spare time.
I am to wed a fair lady.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be quirky, intelligent, charming, loyal, compassionate, and opinionated.
In the mirror, I see:
My Key: The Golden Key to her heart

Nathanial Lucas KleinX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose
My name is Nathanial Lucas Klein
I hail from Tasnim.
I am a Crown Prince.
I am 23 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy horseback riding, sparring, reading, and painting in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be strong willed, adventurous, cute, and have a sense of humor.
In the mirror, I see:
My (Lock/Key):

Razmouhi Viveka PruszynskiX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavi
My name is Razmouhi Viveka Pruszynski. Please call me Razi, though.
I hail from Dalmasca.
I am a princess.
I am twenty years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy cussing, bossing people around, kicking ass, hunting, sparing, rough housing, drinking, sports, games, reading, being dramatic, and simply being the best in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be obedient, charming, simple, and smart enough to match my witty antics and tongue.
In the mirror, I see:

My (Lock/Key): My beloved lock

Zamir Rene PhoenixX

Quote:
Originally Posted by April
My name is Zamir Rene Phoenix.
I hail from Linaeve.
I am an Emperor.
I am Twenty-Two years old.
I am a Man.
I enjoy adventures, freedom, swimming, star-gazing, calligraphy, flower-viewing, swordplay, archery and sorcery outings with Fleta in my spare time.
I am to wed a Virgin.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be witty and graceful. She must have a great sense of humor, as well as share my interests.. however eccentric or mundane they are. Hygiene is also a must, that much should be obvious. Surely it is not a lot to ask?
In the mirror, I see :
My Key :

Kiah Rae SilverX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilia
My name is Kiah Rae Silver.
I hail from Haewyth.
I am a Baroness.
I am 21 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy pottery, reading, singing, horseback ridding in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be kind, caring, intelegent, open-minded.
In the mirror, I see:
My Lock:

Shiriki Cheveyo HowahkanX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilia
My name is Shiriki Cheveyo Howahkan.
I hail from Grayveth.
I am a Prince.
I am 23 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy helping others, hunting, training, and reading in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be blind hopefully, has a beautiful voice, and shows my kingdom's love for the outdoors.
In the mirror, I see:
My Key:

Nerine Sage PierceX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia
My name is Nerine Sage Pierce.
I hail from Jemtia.
I am a Crown Princess.
I am 20 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy swimming, needlepoint, archery, singing(Alone), sparring with a partner, and horse back riding in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be a gentleman(Not a pushover though), good competitor, witty, can take a joke, most of all, keep me entertained.
In the mirror, I see:
My Lock: x

Brielle ReimieX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Von Marquise
My name is Brielle Reimie.
I hail from Illyria.
I am a Princess.
I am 20 years old.
I am a woman.
I enjoy being outdoors, tending to flowers, and reading in my spare time.
I am to wed a man.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be compassionate, charming, enthusiastic and loyal.
In the mirror, I see:
My Lock: xXx

Seth van GarrettX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Von Marquise
My name is Seth van Garrett.
I hail from Pandion.
I am a Prince.
I am 25 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy horseback riding, a good drink, being with my companions in my spare time.
I am to wed a woman.
Hopefully, the person I wed will be intelligent, loyal and witty.
In the mirror, I see:
My Key: xXx

Tyler AzlainX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smores
My name is Tyler Azlain
I hail from Abrazia.
I am a prince.
I am 18 years old.
I am a man.
I enjoy being shirtless, wearing my body accessories, sleeping, bathing, sun bathing, and my large blue shawl.
I am to wed a woman. Though a man is what I would like.
Hopefully the person I wed will be interesting, enjoy relaxing, and be capable of having fun.
In the mirror, I see:
My Key:

[/SIZE]

Halloween hangout + contests!

Last edited by Arc Angel; 11-27-2012 at 03:07 AM..

Arc Angel

Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 AM

First Post

Ai stared absentmindedly out through the pane of glass which the dancing, golden sunlight reflected in from. Her chin held upright by the back of her hand, she observed the nearing castle thoroughly. It had only been a few hours' journey from her uncle's home that lay just beyond the mountain face a few miles away, but it had taken a week or so to reach his manor, and she had only stayed there for the night. Still, she arrived at the king's summer castle in a decent manner, well-bathed and dressed as she would be if she were at her own home. The thought of home sent a slight frown to her lips, but it disappeared as the carriage that held her rolled to a completely halt.

Suddenly smiling in a childish burst of delight, she opened the door for herself, too eager to wait for her carriage man to do so for her, and picked up her dress' hem to hop out. Taking in a deep breath of fresh air, Ai smiled brightly, looking up at the castle that towered before her. It was large in size, but its architecture was beautiful, the yellow tone of its bricks setting off a warm tone from its outer walls. As her servant unloaded, Ayame turned to take her luggage, insisting that she carry it in herself- a simple excuse for going in to explore right away.

Stepping in through the entrance, she looked around, impressed yet not entirely surprised. Setting her luggage down in the first chamber she came upon, which was located just down the hall, she set about looking around the castle and waiting to find the other guests. The young lady was more than curious to see who was also sent for this odd game. She supposed it was a bit better than a normal arranged marriage, but the idea still made her feel unsure. Nevertheless, she brushed the thought off, soon stumbling into the kitchen. A sudden rush of hunger had the best of her, and having been warned about the lack of servants, she set to work in the kitchen herself. Tying up her hair behind her, she drew an apron of sorts around her dress before beginning to search the storage for ingredients.

Jasper sat on his bed quietly, looking around at his room, where his luggage was strewn about haphazardly. He simply didn't want to be here. He didn't care about appearances. He didn't want to form new alliances, nor meet new friends. As for marriage, well, the only things he cared about were good looks and and obedience. Yes, if a woman could fulfill his every need- be it massaging his feet after a long day or just plain leaving him alone- and had the looks to bear decent children, then he would be content. If he did not receive a woman who could fit the role, he figured he'd have to resort to force to find a key to one that did. To him, this wasn't a game, it was a hunt, and though he didn't consider himself picky, his tastes in everything were very particular. The sound of a carriage arriving just outside the entrance stirred him from thought, annoyance drawn onto his face as he briskly left his room. Jasper took the nearest staircase down, stopping only a moment to look out a window at those arriving before ontinuing his decent and stepping into the grand hall.

(( You may all now post as you'd like! ))

Last edited by Arc Angel; 04-26-2012 at 11:43 PM..

Triquetra
I am the kinda person that runs ...

Old 04-25-2012, 01:46 PM

Alastair's carriage pulled to a hault. His eyes lingered towards the small window his golden carriage had. Alastair was the prince of England, a large vast empire he would soon be controlling. But of coarse, he needed a fine wife and princess to help him achieve that. Someone who would bare him a son. The small door to his carriage opened, as his servants began to gather his many bags. "I would enjoy a corner room with a wondrous view." He told the head servant standing by the door.

He turned and reached back into the carriage, pulling his top hat out and placing it into his head in a signature twirling fashion. He continued into the summer home of King Lelair. Taking time to admire all the paintings and small details the place had to offer. Footsteps came walking down the stairs as his servants left one by one. He had been told there would be no one to do the chores, or even cook. But at that moment, he could hear someone in the kitchen. Turning on his heels, he just knew the letter had to be lying.

Prince Alastair stepped into the kitchen to see a beautiful woman. Her hair was tied back, and an apron silhouetted her body seamlessly. Alastair smiled at the woman, before taking a seat at a large kitchen table. "I am overjoyed to see they were not lying about the servants. This place is far too nice to receive no cleaning staff." There was a very english accent to his voice. Showing who he was right away.

Last edited by Triquetra; 04-25-2012 at 01:48 PM..

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 04-25-2012, 08:06 PM

When Scarlett's brown carriage with red drapes arrived the blonde woman quickly pulled a drape back to admire the beauty of the castle. When it pulled to a halt she waited for the driver to come and open her door, thinking it the lady like thing to do and then quickly stepped out, grabbing her rose print suitcase. The light haired beauty then made her was to King Lelair's summer home, walking down the long path and admiring all the beautiful flowers.

When the blonde entered the home she glanced around at the main hallway, her emerald eyes taking in all the beautiful paintings. She eagerly went down the hall to the left, picking the first available room which was the second on the left. She quickly sat her suitcase on the bed and then left the room to explore. She then turned left and hear voices. A man and a woman's. So the game had begun.

Scarlett turned and saw a elegant looking mirror on the wall and stopped to stare at her appearance. She wore a long white and teal dress (The one in her picture) and her long blonde hair fell gently on her shoulders from about an hour of brushing it earlier. Being royal wasn't all that amazing. She was usually bored about ninety percent of the time.

She turned quickly, walking past the kitchen and into what seemed to be a music room. Her emerald eyes easily locked onto her favorite instruments, a violin, and a piano. She picked up the violin and bow and quickly played a simple tune.

Alexander's carriage pulled up and quickly came to a halt. The male flung his door open, glaring at the driver to make sure he didn't even try to get up and get Alex's things. The tall make gathered his things and then shut the carriage door behind him. He raised his hand, indicating a goodbye to his carriage driver and then quickly made his way into the building. Scenary didn't exactly catch his eye.

Once he opened the summer homes door and quickly turned the hall, getting the next available room and dropping off his things. He sat on his bed, deciding to take a break for a little bit.

((Sorry it's kind of short, but I have to go!))

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 PM

Perhaps he should have taken that carriage after all. Another hour on this horse and he would have been forced walk around with his legs bowed out for the rest of the day. But as the horse drew nearer to the enormous castle, Danny's usual smile took hold of his face. Oh did it feel good to be within a trot's reach of the place. Perhaps he could finally get something to dry his sweaty forehead with for the sun had been brutal on his little trip.

Having taken a ship to get to the nation, Daniel was determined to make the ride himself. He had a feeling that once he arrived at the castle that he would be forced to do his own work so he figured it would be wise to get a head start.

When his stallion whined, Danny scratched behind the black beast's ears. "That a boy," leaning in, Dan placed a gentle kiss on the nape of the horse's neck. "You have done valiantly, my friend," he went on to say, drawing the horse to a slobbered pace so he could admire his temporary home away from home. "Seems like a quaint place, wouldn't you agree?" A snort followed as did a whiny. "What? Are you really going to protest about the flowers? Shall I cut down all the pink ones for you? Honestly, I have never met such a picky man!"

Now on the steps of the castle, Daniel dismounted. This, however, proved to be a bad idea for the moment his feet collided with the ground, the redhead emperor collapsed. Horse giving him an odd look while he laughed, Dan reached up and yanked at the stallion's mane. "Oh stop that, like you could do better!"

With a friendly nudge from the beast, Daniel wobbled over to the steps, immediately seizing the railing to keep him from toppling over. "I got this, I got this," he said when the horse started to step toward the stairs. "Why don't you go see if you can find a shady spot? You could use a nap, mister."

Nodding as if he understood Dan, the horse galloped off toward one of the nearby trees.

His rusty colored eyes flicked toward the door. Why on earth did royal people always demand a flight of stairs? Why! Seriously, why? He had spent too much time strapped to a horse's back to even know what walking was and then to have stairs as the first obstacle? It was like someone was out to get the redhead.

Needless to say, it took him far too long to get to the top. Worse part is that there weren't that many stairs. His castle actually had more. About two times more! So when he was finally at the top, he wasn't really out of breath; no, he was just sore. Head flopping onto the door, he contemplated leaving. The idea of finding somewhere through locks and keys just sounded preposterously foolish. And yet, he agreed to it.

Shoving the door open, the redhead emperor set his bags down beside the other pile of thrown goods. These people are rather sloppy, he thought after seeing how the bags were really just thrown about every which way. But, alas, his ears picked up on the sound of voices, which was a good sign -- well, maybe.

Praying he wasn't the last to arrive, he stammered into the kitchen to see that he wasn't last -- or so he believed as you can't have a lock and key party with just four people.

"Hello," Daniel said while walking up to the woman cooking, "need any help? Cooking has always been a favorite of mine." Nice, he thought to himself, I didn't even tell them my name. "Oh, by the way, I'm Daniel Bhaltair Gilmore of Valhalla. Who might you all be?" his voice was sincere as it always was and a bit cheeky, too, if I might add.

Last edited by Wavi; 04-26-2012 at 02:49 PM..

Arc Angel

Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 PM

Before beginning to move around the kitchen to begin cooking anything, Ai spent several moments in awe looking about the store of food the manor held. While she didn't doubt that many households were stocked so extravagantly, she had never truly seen even her own home's food store. Cooking was a skill she had picked up only recently, for most often it constituted only a hobby for her. "What shall we do..." she whispered to herself, one of her fingers tapping her bottom lip thoughtfully as she began rocking to and fro gently from her toes to the balls of her feet. "Ah!" she then exclaimed softly, withdrawing a bit of chicken and vegeatables before retreating to the kitchen and beginning to prepare the bird.

It was only after she had sliced the chicken into good portions that she noticed the presence of the gentleman at the table. His voice drew a bit surprise from her, leading a soft gasp from her lips. Turning abruptly to face him, she let out a small laugh and rubbed the side of her neck absently. "I have seen no servants either, but the castle does seem well-kept..." she noted thoughtfully, then returning the smile she had been given with a small one of her own. She was still a bit flustered for not having noticed his presence a bit earlier. "They must have departed just prior to our arrival," she then suggested with a small shrug, her attention now upon the man whom sat at the table. His distinguished accent should be telling of where he was from, but being from the far east herself she hadn't heard a similar one with the exception of a few rare occasions. It perplexed her, her gaze set upon him for a curious moment before another entered the room.

The vibrant red hair of the next handsome gentleman that entered was hard to miss, drawing more curiosity of Ai. It was becoming more obvious that a pretty diverse group of royalty would be staying here after all. His offer of assistance was more than welcome, drawing a warm smile from face as she admitted, "That would be wonderful, I'm not much of a cook, myself." The following introduction made her inwardly cringe. Here she was, speaking with two strangers whom she hadn't yet given her name to. She scolded herself mentally before pepping up with another smile sent in both directions as she followed Daniel's introduction. "My name is Ai Myazaki, and I'm from Kyoku. Nice to meet you both," she added the last bit as if a side thought, more curious to hear more from the two men present than to care so much about formality.

A light bit of music trickled through the hall from a room beyond the kitchen, earning the ears of the presently-agitated Jasper. Call him bratty if you may, for he knew that he typically acted so, but he had a disparate wish to simply leave and not go through with this silly game. Why waste time with a large group of royalty when he could just snag himself a trophy wife from his own kingdom? That plan didn't sound half bad to him-- he wasn't in for personality. Yet, hearing the little tune flowing down the hallway coaxed him to leave the entry of the stairwell and walk further into the grand hall.

The source wasn't hard to find, for after two sections of hallway it was only a matter of minutes for him to seek the right room. He approached the room quietly, not wishing to be found out just yet, as the only thing that had drawn him there was the music. Jasper held no intent of meeting the violin's owner, nonetheless being spotted by them. For this reason, he paused outside of the open doorway from which the music came and pressed his back gently to the wall of the hallway there.

Given its simplicity, he found himself rather enjoying it. Often his father would call upon minstrels to accompany their feasts or larger events, but what he knew of music was actually limited to the basics of the piano. For this reason, hearing leisurely yet elegant music from another source was a blessing if any.

Triquetra

Old 04-27-2012, 12:15 AM

The statement of the woman caused Alastair to wonder. Stop for just a second and think. Why would someone stoop so low as to cook. Get fifthly with the work someone whom he could pay could do. His gaze then turned towards the young women cooking from beyond the kitchen island. Her features were soft, yet sharp at the same time. She had a very soft skin tone, which was a difference compared to the rosy cheeked and freckled faces he normally saw. How long had Alastair been riding in that carriage?...

He stood quickly, smoothing out his clothing. Coughing a bit of an apology. At least the closest to one as Ai was going to get. Ai reminded Alastair of a crane. Her eyes showed she was oriental. Although Alastair rarely had met her people. Well.. not her people.. gawd, he was sounding so bad in his own head. It took so long for Alastair to realize the silence in the room between them, therefore Alastair took a deep breath to introduce himself.

"My name is-" And there he was, entering the room. All good looking and red-headed. At least Ai seemed to notice right away. Well, there went his chance. Ah! It was Daniel! The heir to the throne of Valhalla. He had been at a few of the get togethers royal families liked to torture their children with... and Daniel had just cut him off... rude!

He waited for the older man to introduce himself, before stating his own name and what not. "I'm Prince Alastair of England." The royal families of england did not have traditional last names, so this was the best way for Alastair to introduce himself. Plus, he was showing off a bit. What prince wouldn't?

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 AM

((This is what she's playing (: I just recently taught myself to play it so I figured why not have my character do so? Hercules - I Can Go The Distance (violin cover) - YouTube ))

Scarlett had her emerald eyes closed as she played, letting her fingers gently guide themselves over the notes she knew so well. At home one of the only things she was good at was this. It was the one thing to do to pass the time, and the music was so soothing. When the song ended she let out a soft sigh, and put the lovely instrument back where she had found it. She then decided to explore more since it would be better than playing a game to find her future husband. She exited the room and turned, almost running into a blonde male. "Oh, Sorry.. "She said, her face turning a soft shade of red at almost running into him.

She bit her bottom lip nervously. It was her first day here and she was already making a fool of herself! "I'm Scarlett by the way." She said, running her slender hand through her blonde hair aimlessly. Her eyes glanced over the male, finding that he was very handsome, but seemed to not want to be here either. She just didn't think playing a game to find a man was the right way to do it. She wanted to be in love with the man she married, and live happily with him. But what if the key to her lock was on the neck of a man that wanted a dutiful wife? One that wanted nothing of their wife but birthing children and taking care of him? Scarlett wasn't really into that.. Sure, she would love her husband greatly, but she refused to be treated like she was lower then him.

Last edited by Katie Scarlett Divine; 04-27-2012 at 12:34 AM..

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 04-27-2012, 03:24 AM

Kitty trotted along side the carriage that she was supposed to be in and watched as all the scenery went by. Primidion was not that far off but it was far enough to be at least four days travel on good days. Thankfully, they had been good days of travel, yet Kitty was able to extend it into a whole weeks worth of traveling. She had managed to stop at every village along the way to stop and see what was going on in it and meet new people. She even stopped long the way if she saw a bird’s nest that looked interesting, or a flower that she thought was beautiful, and even to tie one of her ribbons around a tree branch to mark the areas she would like to visit again and to make a trail to lead them to it. Kitty had always loved the outdoors and she never cared about what other people thought about her for the odd quirks she had when it came to being outside.

Upon the sight of the summer castle that she would be staying in for the next few weeks Kitty stopped and looked at it in awe, it truly was an sight to be seen, especially in the lighting that it stood in. She brushed her black bangs out of her amber eyes so that she could see it better then started to move forward again. Though with all the traveling that had been done and all the stops that had been made, Kitty was finally glad to see the place that she was to stay even if it was for the game of match making.

By now the carriage was far ahead of Kitty and was already pulling up to the steps of the castle and Kitty started to rush to catch up so she could get her own things from it and send the driver back home so that he would hopefully not get into too much trouble for arriving back late in her home kingdom. She stopped just behind the carriage and quickly dismounted her horse and held onto the reins and walked up beside it. She smiled kindly at the driver and said “You can leave my things I can deal with them on my own thank you, and I don’t want you to get into too much trouble on your arrival back home, just say there was sight seeing on the way and my parents should understand if they give you any trouble.” The driver had just been finishing taking the second bag out off the carriage and had nodded at Kitty and climbed back onto the carriage and drove away.

Kitty smiled to her self then looked back at her horse saying “Now just to deal with you until I get my bags inside then we will find you a place to stay while were here.” She lead her horse over to a shady part under some tree and left her horse there trusting that she wouldn’t run away while she went inside to drop her things off. She walked back over to her bags and looked up at the castle again and thought about how lovely it was even up close. She then looked down at her dress straightened it and reached into one of her bags and pulled out her black overcoat and put it on tie the ribbon at the front to keep it on. She then took her black hair out of the braid it had been in and let her wavy black hair fall down her back and tie the ribbon that had been holding it in the top of her head. Kitty also grabbed her gloves and slipped them on hoping that she was now presentable as her parents would call it and picked up her bags and climbed the stairs, then looking down at the blue lock that she had been given one last time, and opened the door and stepped in.

Kitty looked around in amazement and kept walking down what appeared to be the grand hall. She turned and looked for a stairwell that she could take up to at least the second floor where she could find a room that she could sleep in. She really like being above the ground level so that she could see the view. She turned into the second left hallway that appeared to be heading towards a set of stairs and smiled to her self. When she came to and intersection with another hallway she heard a few voice floating down and knew that there were others down there somewhere if she looked hard enough. Although that was not her main concern at the moment she had a brief thought about whether or not she was the last person to arrive. The thought quickly left her and she continued onto the stairwell and climbed them up to the second floor and out into another hallway.

Hoping that her assumptions were right in the way that the castle was organized Kitty, headed straight down the hallway coming to a square like room and headed back towards the front of the castle and stopped coming to a dead end. Looking into the room she saw what looked like a library and sitting room she smiled and stepped back out into the hall and walked down the hallway to her left and to the farthest door at the front of the castle. She looked into the room and saw that it was an unoccupied bed room and smiled walking in. She put her bags down by the bed and walked over to the windows to see the view she had. Kitty nodded at the view and turned around to admire the room once more then walked out and back the way she came until reaching the hallway that she had heard the voices traveling down from.

Kitty had decide on a quick bit to eat would be a great idea before she went out to explore a bit more, and thinking that everyone else would probably be in the kitchen doing the same thing she just followed the voices. Reaching the doorway she looked inside and saw a dark haired female, and two male’s one with blonde hair and the other with red. She took a deep breath and walked in she knew that she would have to interact with the others at some point and to her it was better to get it over with sooner then later. She saw that the female was cooking something, that blonde headed male was standing beside the table, and the red headed male was standing not that too far away from the door itself.

She glimpsed around quickly and then sighed she really had no idea where food would be kept here she was barely even allowed to step into the kitchen at her own castle. She then looked at the female and said just loud enough to be heard “I hope I’m not interrupting things but do you know where the food is kept? I just want to grab something quick to eat.” She smiled slightly and brushed her bangs out of her eyes again while waiting to find out if the lady would tell her where it was kept or not. All she wanted to do was get outside quickly so that she wouldn’t be stuck inside for too much longer.

I am always looking for more people to role-play with, just ask :D

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-27-2012, 05:16 AM

Maiara watched out the carriage window as it moved at a decent pace along the road leading to King Lelair’s summer castle. It will be good to finally get out of this carriage she thought with the castle in sight. The castle was much larger and beautiful than she imagined it would be. She let the crimson curtain fall back into place as she leaned back in the seat. Her eyes narrowed as she thought about the silly game that her parents along with the others that would be spending the next few weeks expected them to play. Sure it might work for some people if they just want to find someone suitable to help them rule and provide an heir, but for someone that wants a more meaningful relationship with their future spouse this was ridiculous.

The carriage came to stop at the path leading up to the castle. She sighed slightly, a frown on her face. It disappeared quickly when she heard Jake opening the carriage door for her. “Thank you Jake,” she said taking his hand and climbing out down from the carriage. “Please take my horse to the stable for me. I can handle my bags.”
“Yes, miss Mai. Be careful.” She shook her head at the boy whom she’d known since childhood and was only a couple years older than her. “It’s just Mai. I don’t care what my parents tell you. You’re my friend so it’s ok.” The servant apologized and agreed reluctantly to her request. After he took down her bags she bid him a safe journey back home.

She waited for her servant to leave before turning to face the castle. Taking her bags in hand she started to ascend the stairs. I wonder how many other people are here. It will be amusing to see how many of them really believed that the no servants part was a lie. Reaching the top of the stairs she sat down on of her bags to open the large door and once it was open she disappeared inside.

Looking around the room she admired some of the paints that hung on the walls. She went further into the grand hall she turned to start heading down the corridor to the left. At the very end of the corridor she found a stairwell, which she took to the second floor. Once on the second floor she headed down another corridor with a few bedrooms on the right. She took the first room and dropped off her bags at the foot of the bed.

Now do I go exploring or go to get something to eat? She considered her options and preferred the idea of exploring, but her stomach protested it. While she had been downstairs she had heard a few male and female voices. Hopefully if she went back down there those voices would lead her to the kitchen. She exited the room and went back down the stairs she had walked up. Listening closely she followed the voices and found her way the kitchen. She peeked inside to see two men and two women were there. It seemed that they all had the same idea. She entered the room, letting the other continue their conversation. After all there was no need to interrupt.

Wavi

Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 PM

Things were going rather smooth so far. Make it there before the crowd. Check. Introduce yourself to the others. Check. Make some lunch and share with other. Almost check.

Flicking his eyes over to Alastair, the redhead vaguely recalled the lad's face. He knew he's met him before at one of the many royal get togethers, but he really couldn't recall which one. Staring at the prince, he began to wonder if they were going to get off on the right foot or the wrong one. Finally remembering their interaction from their last convention, Danny cringed. That was right. He rather rude to the guy so rude that all of Dan's friends ignored the English prince. Why? Well, Danny, being old and all, made a joke of the kid, saying, "Alastair still wet his bed at night."

Unsure of whether or not Alastair recalled the rumor, Daniel dropped what he was doing and walked over to the prince. Sweeping into a partial bow, his rusty eyes met Alastair's pair. "Sorry about before. I assure you, I'm not the same arrogant hot-headed rebel like I was before." There. Now he felt better. Still wasn't sure if he would ever befriend the guy, but at least his conscious was clear.

Pivoting around, he went back to Ai's side. Playfully bumping into her, the male pulled out some flour and yeast. "Nice to meet you, Miss Ai." Smirk on his face, he went on to say, "Doesn't look like we have much bread to work with. Would you mind putting together something quick to eat while I make us some fresh bread for tonight's dinner."

When a new face poked her head into the kitchen, Daniel broke his concentration and splashed flour all over his face. The murky, wet mixture landed on his lower half while the still powdery form found his face to be the ideal landing spot. Blinking, Dan broke into a fit of coughing and laughing, nearly choking on both. Waving his hands feverishly, he tried to waft away the smoke that lingered in the air from the split flour.

"Apple? Banana? Sandwich?" he said reaching over to the fruits and holding them up. "Or would you like to join us for," he looked at the poor remnants of food that were scatted haphazardly across the table, "a salad?"

Shoving his ruined bread mixture aside, he shifted down a bit so that he was in front of a pair of lettuce, a stalk of celery, and a bunch of carrots. Five bright red tomatoes lined the counter behind them and there were three yellow pepper just waiting for us. Then, to the side of them, sat some dirty chicken eggs that had yet to be flushed clean with the well water.

Eyes tossing around, he looked for something to crop the vegetables with; he stopped his search when his eyes spied a set of knives. Yanking them, carefully, from their holster, he walked back over to the counter and began to slice and dice the food. The lettuce was sliced into horizontal pieces and then recut three times in the vertical direction. The carrots were chopped into odd sizes, but none were wider than half and inch. The pepper were gutted first and then torn apart into slender little strips. The eggs were washed and set in a pot to be boiled and cooled for hardboiled eggs. The tomatoes required a different knife so that they weren't flattened with each cut. The celery was picked apart and diced down into tiny cubes.

Pulling out some bowls and plates, Daniel began to toss the vegetables on the plates. Doing his best to keep them aesthetically pleasing, he even went of of his way to make sure the tomatoes were laid in a fancy pattern across the top.

"It's a bit sloppier than I'm used to, but I figured you were all famished and looking for something quick," his rust-colored eyes danced about the room and noted that there were no maids in sight. "Dinner will consist of," he didn't know what he wanted yet, "well, it will be a surprise."

What was he getting himself into? Cooking. For all these people? That would take all day. Oh well, it's not like he wanted a relationship. He was happy alone. Hell, the only reason he was here was because his parents threatened to take his horse away. So, if he were to rot away in the kitchen, Daniel wouldn't mind. In fact, it sounded like the perfect way to start his new life here. Working. Out of sight and out of mind. Oh yes, he could see it now.
"Mother, I didn't find a woman."

"Why not?"

"I was too busy being a servant."

"..."
Okay, maybe that wasn't a wise move. But, hey, people needed feeding.

Arc Angel

Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM

Unaware that the two men had met prior to this, Ai's attention couldn't help but follow along to see Daniel's apology to Alastair. Had they known each other for quite some time? It might have been nice to see another I'm familiar with here. She lulled of that thought for a moment as her gaze returned to the vegetables she planned to chop and cook with the small chicken. Carefully moving to do just that, she quickly recalled just how annoying cutting up vegetables was. Her movements were slow so as not to cut herself but careful nonetheless. She supposed that that's what mattered.

So, England and Valhalla, was it? No wonder she hadn't placed Alastair's accent sooner. Now feeling not half so foolish, she would smile a bit to herself. The playful bump was a surprise, but iit drew a small laugh from her as she cast a sideglance in Daniel's direction. "Nice to meet you both as well. Of course, the chicken is... Just about ready to cook," she replied confidently at first, becoming hesitant as she looked down at the small heap of vegetables still before her before. Chopping these would take ages! Sighing breathlessly, she swept the chopped bowl of vegetables into her hands and moved over to where she had the chicken already cut into decent portions. Using her knife to careful maneuver the vegetables into the same pan, she looked down at it with a streak of inward pride. Yes, dinner should be just fine.

After setting the pan to cook, she would untie her apron and slip it from her shoulders, hanginOg it back in the pantry where it'd been found. No mess had been made, so she assumed that that was just fine. She then unpinned her hair once more. Letting it fall as it had been meant to before smiling and taking on a more relaxed poise. Why not? It weren't as if she needed to worry about the chicken, it would cook. Still, she would need to keep an eye on it. In the mean time, she leaned slightly onto the other side of the countertop, half occupied with the others entering the room. While the quest for food had been met with a simple enough answer, she bargain that the other girl may not even wish to talk. Should she try to strike up conversation? Perhaps not. Regardless, a smile nuanced across Ai's lips as she caught sight of the girls entering. That was the least she could do as a bit of friendly welcome.

Meanwhile Daniel seemed to have gotten busy, for when she looked back in his direction, there stood a few well-constructed salads. "That is... Sloppy?" she spoke at a near murmur, looking over the salads in disbelief that he'd say that. Then realizing a moment or so later that a lady shouldn't murmur, she spoke up quickly, admittedly, "The salad looks, well, better than what I would have done." Laughing shortly and softly in a somewhat hesitant manner, she then spoke up with more ease to inform him of what she had planned, "As for dinner, I have a bit of chicken roasting, I assume it should be enough." Their daintiness made her chicken look somewhat foolish, but hey, it would be a fine dinner would it not? Hopefully so. Ai inwardly cringed at the thought of it not turning out well and sent herself over to check on it, taking but a peek before feeling satisfied. It hadn't been cooking long, so of course it wouldn't be done yet. That was silly of her. Before she could let herself try anything else in the kitchen, she casually moved to sit down just a seat or so away from Alastair.

Ai's gaze trailed over to Alastair, taking in the blonde hair and fair complexion curiously. It wasn't often that-westerners, should she say?- ended up near her home nor she in theirs. It was refreshing in a sense to see such a difference in appearance than what she was used to. Now that what she had been used to at home was any less attractive, or anything, she mused. With that thought in mind, she figured that both Daniel and Alastair were fairly well-off appearance-wise, both handsome though in different ways. Speaking up once more, she wondered, "What would England be like this time of year?"

Meanwhile, Jasper tensed as he heard the music die down and footsteps approaching the door. He turned to leave- or rather, escape- before the anonymous musician could exit. Much to his surprise and great dismay, it appeared that he had moved far too slowly. Before he had budged from his place, there stood a young lady that had bumped straight into him. "Err-" he began, meaning to make an immediate excuse for himself for being there. Instead, he settled for signing softly and rubbing the back of his head in a streak of embarrassment.

He had just been caught red handed standing in the hallway oddly, and he found no words to explain this hehavior. he couldn't even find it in himself to compliment the playing that he had been enjoying. Jasper was far too prideful to admit up to something like that. It was simply foolish, in his point of view. Nevertheless, he did. Lear his voice a little so as to speak up after his moments of silence. "It is not a problem," he speaks slowly, looking at the girl before him blankly.

It was when he receieved her name that his stiffened poise and facial expression showed slight signs of softness, a grin of sorts making its way to his face. It was somewhat crooked with discomfort, but a grin nonetheless. While he wasn't so happy to be here, he wasn't going to be all-out rude. "Ah, and I am Jasper Eveque of Mirarenn," he spoke eloquently, words anunciated in a formal matter. After a pause, he proposed the obvious question to secure his assumption, "It was your violin playing that I heard?"

(Done editing Jasper now, sorry about that.~ Ooh, that song is pretty... I like it! ^^)

Halloween hangout + contests!

Last edited by Arc Angel; 05-29-2012 at 05:44 AM..

Triquetra

Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 PM

Alastair took a minute and admire the situation around him. A new girl had entered the room, and now Daniel was making his way towards the prince. He had a smug look on his face (Of coarse Alastair was seeing things xD) that could only mean, one thing.. he was going to do something embarrassing to- He was shocked when the man bowed.. To HIM! "What the-" He was cut of by a sincere apology. It was then Alastair remembered why. It was back when Alastair was not the strapping young man he was today, and was just going threw puberty. He was a bit of a late bloomer compared to many of the other boys, so by the time he was fifteen, his voice cracked. Of coarse he was at a party where the royal families were all invited. Celebrating someone's birthday or something. Including an eighteen year old Daniel, who was trying to get laid or something by impressing the princesses.

"It is ah.. Okay." Alastair said to him before he stepped behind the counter. Alastair himself turned his attention to the girl who had come into the kitchen just a minute or so earlier. He took his hat off, brushing a few fingers threw his hair to fluff it up a bit. "Daniel and Miss Ai are making something as we speak." He took a moment to admire the girl. She had an expression on her face that told she wished to be elsewhere. Black hair, brown eyes. A bright blue locket around her neck was what drew his attention. It was just so contrasting compared to the rest of her. Though it accented her perfectly.

Another girl entered that kitchen, Another with the same eyes as Ai, and jet black hair. He wondered if all the girls would have dark hair. Between her clothing and locket, this new girl reminded Alastair of a butterfly. Pinks and purples adorned her person, not on that, she was very quiet as she entered the room. Walking with a grace and stealth only that creature could hold. Alastair cleared his throat.

"I'm prince Alastair of England." He said, sweeping into a bow in front of the two woman. Even reaching out to kiss each of their hands.

The announcement of lunch being finished, forced Alastair to turn, seeing the salads. They looked, delicious. "Thank you Danny." He said, figuring if he was to be living with the man, he may as well be nice. After all, Danny could hold food from him. Alastair cooking anything could possibly mean the loss of a finger.. Even without using knives.

"England this time of year? Its warm as we are just coming out of winter. Though compared to the weather here, it is freezing." He said with a short laugh.

---

A presence entered the kitchen with a scrap of her boots on the mat outside. There was a quiver on her back and a bow in her hand. As she pushed open the door leading to the patio outside, and seemed startled there were suddenly so many people now. And here she was, a bit of dried blood on her hands, her boots though wiped off now still had a bit of mud on the tops. Her hair braided, but wisps stuck out to show she had been active. Not only that, unlike all of the other girls in the room, Merilyn was wearing pants. Skin tight leathers that many nobles would only see a warrior wear. And not another noble. This was probably why the irish were viewed with unkind eyes.

So now, here she was. First impressions to everyone.. What. would. she. say.

"Hello there everyone. Don't mind me, just uh killed a deer. Its outside incase the chicken doesn't turn out to be enough. I was just going to cut it up, when funny story.. I forgot my knife." She looked around at everyone's shocked faces. Her face had a bunch of freckles spread across her nose, and her accent was as obvious as the sky is blue. Of coarse she couldn't be a princess, since Ireland did not have one. "Right, I'll be using another door then. Nice meeting everyone." She turned, walking out the kitchen door and walking around to the back of the castle.

"Well, on the bright side, At least I can be myself~"

------

Alastair was just as shocked by the presence of another girl as anyone else was. Of coarse his shock came from elsewhere. Their two nations had been at war for such a long time. There would be a bitter rivalry. In fact, Alastair knew this new girl, and hated her just as well. She was Merilyn, her family though not in rule of ireland, was one of the more powerful. How could she be invited to this get together! Alastair of coarse did not say anything, but from the way his jaw locked up, there would eventually be a fight between the two.

((I love first impressions ^_^))

Last edited by Triquetra; 04-27-2012 at 06:14 PM..

MintyRey
N00b

Old 04-27-2012, 06:03 PM

[Aiieeeeee!!! I'm late!! :gonk:]

A small yawn escaped the raven haired duke's mouth as he began slipping on his coat. He already could tell by the sun beyond his bedroom window that he had overslept, but there was no helping it.

Samuel had arrived at the castle rather late last night, the business negotiations he had been conducting just a kingdom over had continued on a little past schedule. As an overseer of Zima Kruzhevo, a prominent merchant duchy, traveling to allied territories is a necessity. Unfortunately, Samuel had been spending more and more time in his carriage over the past few weeks than he would care for. The start of a new trade season always meant the renewal of permits and the scouting of new markets and partners.

It was by luck that King Lelair's popular matchmaking game would coincide with the only break in his increasingly busy work schedule. He had traveled for almost a full night before reaching the appointed place. The young man could barely stay awake when he trudged up the right wing staircase to the second floor where he assumed the sleeping quarters would only be found. Such was the building design that he was used to in his country. For convenience's sake, he settled for the closest bedroom to him after reaching the top and promptly flopped onto the bed and fell asleep, not a care in the world as to how many people were or weren't in the castle.

Despite the extended rest and the bath he took as soon as he awoke, the duke was still feeling groggy. He would like nothing more than to just return to the comfort of his bed. But if he gave in to the temptation, he would most likely find himself waking up to dinner. Samuel stifled one last yawn before walking over to the mirror. He wouldn't need his gloves or his scarf now that he was indoors, but seeing the silver, chained key around his neck resting against the black of his clothes seemed both odd and fitting at the same time to him. After adjusting the cuff of a sleeve, he headed out.

"Shoot!", he exclaimed after hearing the sound of faint voices echoing from the lower levels. "Just what time did I wake up exactly?!"
A small amount of panic set in as Samuel rushed down the stairs. He was, in actuality, not as 'behind schedule' as he feared. The day was still young and many of the guests had just arrived. Too bad he didn't know that.

It didn't help matters when he realized he had no idea where he was supposed to go. Samuel wandered around aimlessly for a few minutes before he reached the courtyard. Sounds of conversation, music and movement had become more audible so he knew he was probably nearby.

He left the courtyard just in time to see a noblewoman with long, straight, dark hair enter a room. By this time the music, which he was sure was from a violin, had stopped. Samuel decided to follow her. Upon reaching the doorway he found the welcome sight of people, the kitchen, and food. Pausing for a moment, the young duke looked around the room to see if there was anyone he could recognize.

He noted there were three women and two men. Two of the women seemed of eastern descent, the first of whom he had followed but knew nothing of. The second one was sitting at the kitchen table. Even though he had met her only once, a very long time ago, Samuel was certain she was the princess of Kyoku, a rich land to the far East that is currently difficult for Zima to trade with due to the distance.

The gentleman who was nearest to her was also someone he recognized, mostly due to his...unique eyebrows. He was the prince of England, a powerful empire that Zima Kruzhevo, as well as a great many other countries, traded with. He was speaking to another lady who wore a white ribbon in her wavy, obsidian hair. Unfortunately, her identity was also a mystery to the duke.

The other gentleman in the room had a wild flash of red hair in contrast to the pale shade of the Englishman's. Samuel was sure that he was the ruler of Valhalla, yet another great empire and trading partner to his homeland. He had never met the young emperor personally but he has heard rumors about his appearance and his passion for cooking. Samuel would wager that the light dusting of flour about the man's clothes was proof of it.

As Samuel was about to greet everyone, another woman suddenly entered the kitchen from the back door. She had with her, unmistakably, a bow and a quiver of arrows. Blood also stained her hands but she sported no wounds. Coupled with her unlady-like attire, there was no doubt in Samuel's mind that she had been out hunting. Her introduction thereafter proved him right.

Almost as abruptly as she arrived, the huntress left via another door.

"I suppose this means we'll need not worry about our meat supply then.", he finally said with a laugh. "I can tell my time here will definitely be interesting."

Last edited by MintyRey; 04-27-2012 at 06:11 PM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 PM

((I'll bring Alex in next post! He's tired from the trip. xD))

Scarlett nodded. "Yes, that was me playing. Sorry if it annoyed you." She said, giving a soft smile. "It's nice to meet you Jasper." She said, giving a slight bow. "Well sorry for bothering you but I'm going to go explore." She said, looking at the male. She heard voices coming from down the hall, her eyes looking towards the kitchen. "Well I guess I'll go and introduce myself first.." She said, looking back at Jasper. "It was nice meeting you." She said, walking down the hall and opening the kitchen door. She eyed all the Lock and Key party members. "Hello.." She said, looking around the room. "I'm Scarlett." She said, giving a soft smile.

Wavi

Old 04-27-2012, 09:25 PM

OOC // Since I couldn't find an OOC thread, I figured I'd post in here so everyone can know rather than one. Anyway, I'm going to be 'away' this weekend. Not away-away. I just won't be able to post. But I can definitely pop on to read posts and stuff. That's all. Oh! Should be back on Sunday. :)

Arc Angel

Old 04-27-2012, 09:52 PM

(( OOC : Ah, yes, sorry about that. I always seem to let those slip my mind...
I added a link to the OOC Thread up by the title just now, but it is also here.
Thanks for letting us know! :D ))

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-29-2012, 02:00 AM

Maiara would have been content with just keeping silent and observing, but it appeared that what she wanted wasn’t how things were going to be. The blond male approached her and the other girl that was standing near the door to the kitchen. He introduced himself as prince Alastair of England. She wasn’t familiar with him, but knew of the country he was from. If she wasn’t mistaken England was one of the few western countries in which her homeland of Iruna traded. With the male’s introduction complete she figured it would be best to play nice and return the same courtesy if you will even if his attention had already been turned away by the announcement of lunch. She curtsied bowing her head slightly. “I am princess Maiara of Iruna.”

Looking over the others in the room again Maiara was positive that the black haired female preparing the chicken was princess Ai of Kyoku. She was unsure of the other dark haired female and the red headed male. Guessing from their appearances they were also ‘westerners’. The room was getting more crowded it seemed as two other joined them, a black haired male and a woman with auburn hair. She was unaware of where these two were from either, but the woman did seem to share the same kind of spirit that she had seeing as she told them that she had just killed a deer. It would seem that things were going to be interesting during her time here.

Triquetra

Old 04-30-2012, 02:29 AM

Merilyn continued her way around the back of the castle, finding another door. On her way up the stairs to the second foor, she stopped for a second. Taking a quick breath. Realizing she had not stopped for a second when she arrived. Her entire ride there was on horse back. Everything she would need, packed in two bags that hung evenly from her horse, Plus a smaller bag with a few personal items around her shoulder. Her bow at her back, and quivers opposite to her bag. Keeping her horse balanced the entire way. Of coarse it was hard on the legs. Having to spread them for that long.. shut up. Once arriving she went up to the second floor, and choose an smaller room with windows. Which so happened to be the first room to the right once coming up the stairs, next to the library.

She mainly choose it because the bed was green. And who didn't like the color green? She walked into the bedroom. Grabbing a burlap bag and her knife. Before turning on her heels to head back outside. Somehow avoiding everyone. The deer she had left just behind a large tree about twenty meters from the castle. She had stopped to take a quick rest earlier, figuring she had taken the deer close enough. She kneeled down, beginning work on the deer. It was smaller than more average deer. Maybe about a year or two... If even.

May as well not go into detail about cutting up a deer; so instead, inside of Meri's head! She thought back to her introduction of a few minutes prior. Figuring she would now appear savage to many of her peers. Not that it could be helped. To many of their cultures, hunting was something for the lower class, and especially not for women. Of coarse she would simply tell those few to shove it and eat, but that was beside the point. Within a few minutes, Merilyn had a bunch of good chunks laid out on the burlap next to her.

Last edited by Triquetra; 05-01-2012 at 11:49 AM..

Wavi

Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 PM

"I swear! You people are the most useless imbeciles I have ever met. Get out of my sight! I can't stand to look at your stupid faces any longer," not even waiting for the carriage to stop, the woman flung her self out the door and onto the grass. Tucking her head and forcing herself into a role, the rowdy princess stomped off toward the castle that was in the distance.

"I said GO AWAY," her snake-like gaze petrified the one guard and her enraged scream frightened the younger one so bad that he wet himself, literally!

Hands moving to her face, Razi massaged her temples. This is going to be the most pointless thing… ever. I swear, I will kill my parents once I return. I refuse to marry some pretty little prince who will do nothing but whine and bitch all day. I demand a knight! A valiant knight!

The walk to the castle was shorter than she expected, but it was to be expected for Razi had long strides and a hasty pace. Hands coming to her hips, she looked over at the bag that was strapped across her back. "I suppose I ought to lay claim to a room before some other mutt does…."

Forcing her way into the main entrance, the feisty woman took the stairs two at a time and, within seconds, was on the second level. Heeding no attention to the people (or lack there of), she stormed off toward the room that best suited her. She didn't really plan on spending much time in there, so she opted for what appeared to be the smallest room. It also happened to be oddly shaped, which was great -- she was never one for symmetry.

Tossing her bags on the bed - it was burgundy and black - she raised her fingers to her lips for a second. Having them tap against her lower lip, Razi wondered what she might do to spruce the place up. Then the lightbulb went off. Reaching into her bags, she yanked her clothes from the small bag and immediately started to fling them around the room in a haphazardly manner.

"Perfect." A smug look laid on her face. "Now to terrorize cook!"

Flying back down the stairs, she weaved in and out of rooms until the sweet scent of food wafted into her nostrils. "Found you, peasant."

Head held high and nose turned up in her usual prude and haughty manner, Razi boastfully entered the kitchen area. Blue eyes flicking down to see a salad and what appeared to be the smallest heap of chicken, the woman let out a moan. "Really? You call that a meal?"

Foot tapping in a rather pissed rhythm, the short-haired woman just kept her cold gaze on Daniel. "Are you just going to stand there? Or are you going to make my dinner, slave?"

Daniel, at this point, was more than confused. Things had been going great. Dinner-lunch-whatever was fixed up and ready to go. Everyone would get a small slice of chicken, for now. An actual meal would commence a few hours before sunset and would be venison, one of Danny's favorites.

Just as he was setting down the knife, he was rudely greeted by a rather fiery young woman. Not quite sure what to do, he cocked a brow and looked from the woman beside him to Alastair. "Uhh? Yes, your royal bitchiness?" Sneering across the room, he plopped the salad in her hands. "But you'll have to wait. I need to prepare the meat, first. Dinner will be before sunset. So you and your royal attitude can come back then. For now, enjoyed your grilled chicken salad."

Smacking the princess across the rump, Daniel smirked before exited the room. While he walked to find Merilyn, the redhead started to wipe the flour from his face. He would have to deal with the bread later -- maybe tomorrow morning?

Finally finding his way out of the maze-like house, he spied Merilyn.

"Would you like an extra hand?" he said turning his wrinkling nose away. This chick is insane, she's got deer blood all over her fingers, he thought to himself. A shiver went down his spine. Note to self, never piss this woman off. She could kill you.

Meanwhile, Razi glared at the lifeless bowl of greens, yellows, reds, oranges, and browns. "Tch, whatever. I'll just have to rough you up later, pretty boy." she hissed at Daniel, despite him being there.

Slipping over to the seats, the woman with the short cropped hair began to devour the food in a rather ravenous-like manner. Was she a princess? Or was she a wild woman? Both. I do believe so.

April
"They call me.. MISTER Pig."

Old 05-01-2012, 04:33 PM

{ So, um.. because I'm a lazy buttcrack I'll be using a sort-of-edited version of my intro from the original thread. <_< }

Zamir woke to strange sounds and vibrations coming from the lower floors of King Lelair's summer castle. The young Emperor was still tired from having arrived here well into last night, and he'd passed out on the edge of his bed once he found a suitable vacant room. He let out a groan, thankful for the thick curtains blocking all light. A week-long journey by oneself [his belongings left Linaeve before he did] was exhausting, especially for the young Emperor who'd only just last month learned to cook or clean anything properly.

'This is what my sister's looking forward to?' he thought to himself, stretching and getting up to bathe. 'Ridiculous..'

Invitations for "this" would come every year since he turned fourteen. He immediately declined them stating there were more important matters to attend to. Not to mention fourteen was, in his honest opinion, way too damn young to marry. It must not have been a good year this time, however, as his step-mother the High Empress Eithne [along with his old man Lerato] intercepted King Lelair's messenger and accepted the Key meant for him while he was out hunting. He was upset to find out when he returned, to say the least, and several proverbial tables were flipped.. But in the end he conceded solely because his only sibling, seven-year-old Jenna, innocently asked if he could bring her home a sister-in-law to play with. He could never deny his paternal half-sister anything and she must have known it all too well.

A good hour later Zamir was dried off and freshly dressed, debating whether or not he really wanted to go down there and talk to someone. His eye twitched when he remembered the smug grin on the High Emperor's face. There's no way this place would turn him into a lovey-dovey freak like his father.. right?

The thought of running into someone was now a lot more daunting. But curiosity got the best of him. Before he knew it he walked out of his room-- a rather spacious one on the rightmost corner of the first floor-- to the main entrance he very vaguely remembered coming in from. It wasn't that hard to figure out though, really. There were signs after all. Small, yes, but there nevertheless. This was the place to start if he wanted to get used to living here, he supposed, and a walk outside before breakfast was his normal routine so he pushed the doors open to greet the sunlight.

"Hoo boy..." Zamir sighed into the open air. Fleta was going to be very cross with him. Needless to say, there was no sun out there anymore. He supposed this was what his step-mother was talking about when she said "horse-lag".

{ Also, sorry I kind of time-skipped myself. But I was kind of hoping we could at least get past the first day somewhat faster than the original too. XD You guys don't have to wrap it up abruptly or anything. Just ignore Zamir until evening please, thanks~ }

Last edited by April; 05-03-2012 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: Changed posting color. XD

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 05-01-2012, 07:16 PM

((I guess i'll just bring in my characters at dinner?))

April
"They call me.. MISTER Pig."

Old 05-02-2012, 03:24 AM

{ Go for it, Katie. I pinged you earlier but I guess there's a problem with it giving invalid urls. You should check up on the OOC Thread once in a while too. We're trying not to fill up this one with OOC chatter because we know there are lots to talk about inside and outside the story. XD }

MintyRey
N00b

Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 AM

Soon after a royal of gold hair and white garb had arrived and introduced herself as Scarlett, Samuel greeted her, as well as everyone else. Once he had given his introduction, he decided to move from his post at the door to a seat at the informal kitchen table. The emperor-chef had fortuitously made enough salad that even latecomers such as himself could still have a decent share. The chicken that the princess Ai had prepared also added to the bounty once it was done. Lunch, or whatever meal of the day it was, was now served. The young man was eager to partake of his share. A few bites into the fresh greens and Samuel realized something was missing.

Drinks.

"Excuse me.", he quietly said as he got up and walked towards the kitchen. His silver eyes quickly searched about before finally coming to rest on a rack filled with bottles of wine. Carefully picking two bottles out, one of red and one of white, Samuel brought them to the table along with glasses for every one who wanted some. Then he happily returned to his delicious food.

Halfway through emptying his plate, however, another child of privilege strolled into the kitchen. But this woman's attitude was not something people would expect from a cultured aristocrat. The first thing she had done was complain. What she did afterwards was demand that the Emperor of Valhalla serve her. It was also amusing to hear her call him a slave. She managed to make the green eyed outdoorswoman seem like a prim and proper lady, in Samuel's opinion.

Naturally, Lord Daniel was put off by her crudeness but had given her some salad nonetheless. During this time, Samuel took the time to drink some wine. When the red-head unabashedly spanked the prideful woman on her derrier, the duke could do nothing but choke in his glass. Samuel quickly tried to stifle both his coughs and his uncomfortable chortles. Such an unexpected interaction oddly brought memories of two people to the young man's mind.

The first was of a childhood friend who he was no longer close with. Lately, Samuel had been hearing rumors of that prince's outlook towards women. It was said that he would only agree to taking a wife who would answer to his every beck and call and who knew when to keep silent. Of course, she would also need to be a beauty fit for a king, which is what he would be in due time. He was fussy, to say the least, just as this mousy haired madame was.

The second was of a childhood friend who he wished he had no affiliation with whatsoever. He was the son of his father's 'drinking buddy' who had become Emperor of Lineave at a young age. Lately, Samuel had been wishing rumors of that idiot's emperor's womanizing escapades did not reach Zima Kruzhevo. It was said that he was rather eccentric. Samuel preferred to think that it was a fact written in stone. With all the women who, for reasons beyond the duke's grasp, liked to keep his company, Samuel assured himself the man would already be married to at least one woman. That headache should have NO BUSINESS being at this matchmaking event at all. Right?

After Samuel managed to stop his short bout of hacks, he cleared his throat and looked over to the newcomer. She, without a care, was digging into the meal she had frowned upon earlier. 'At least Eveque has better table manners.', he thought.
Even though she looked busy, the youth decided to take a gamble and speak to her.
"So nice of you to join us, miss.", he began. The choice of words sounded strange once he had spoken them. "May we have the pleasure of knowing your name?"

The duke quickly began to wonder if this was a good idea, or if he would even get a reply.

Last edited by MintyRey; 05-02-2012 at 10:06 AM..

Triquetra

Old 05-02-2012, 11:13 PM

"The lightning strikes and the wind cuts cold
Through the sailor's bones, to the sailor's soul
'Till there's nothing left that he can hold
Except the roaring ocean"

She was singing a bit to herself. Filling the silent void the outdoors would sometimes have over everything in its way. Meri had a few good chucks before she heard a couple of footsteps coming.

"But I am ready for the storm, yes oh ready I'm
I'm ready for the storm, I'm ready for the storm"

She could tell they were human from the way who ever it was walked. She stopped chopping away at the poor animal, whom by now was missing most of his side and good parts. Turning her head, she met the eyes of Danny. Who understandably seemed whiter than the daisy's growing in the fields. Merilyn merely smiled. He was sweet to offer help, and Merilyn would have accepted it if she was convinced he was not going to faint when seeing a stomach. Quite literally mind you.

"Maybe you would prefer a seat around the tree?" Meri suggested, pointed to the side of the tree where he would be able to see her and not the dead animal hanging out with her. "Keep me company, no?" A slight smile came to her face before she stood up, waiting for Danny to take a seat before flipping the animal over. It probably weighted close to seventy-five pounds now. She re-positioned herself, beginning her cutting again. Even if they would not eat it all, there was no sense in killing something and letting it go to waste.

"My name is Merilyn O'Neill. Duchess of Dublin. I would shake your hand, but you know." She said with a short laugh. Of coarse this sort of thing was normal for her. Hunting got rid of all the butterflies in her stomach about this get-together. She looked up to see the sun beginning its decent over the horizon. Wondering slightly where the time had gone.

"Does the sun set earlier here or something?"

-----------

Alistair, as well as everyone else in the room was shocked by the intrusion of the new girl. She was rude and rather manly. Woman in this house should really know their place. In the kitchen! (xD) Or cleaning, or spending their husband's money. Everyone including Alastair, seemed to overwhelmed by her presence to say or do anything. That was until Danny acted, before stepping out of the door that other crazy girl came threw. On the bright side there seemed to be a few normal girl's around.

He did look up to the horizon, wondering when the Irish peasant would return with their proper meal. "On the bright side, if this is not enough to fill you, we will be having Venison later in the evening." Oh how he wished to add how a crazy huntress came in eariler... Oh why not.

"The huntress, as I think we all nicknamed her came in eariler claiming to have made a kill."