Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-30-2015, 10:48 PM

Tavis hummed in response. He didn't have a lot to say at this point, but he did raise his pizza to acknowledge that. "Yeah, told you this place was good. I've caught myself eating the whole box by myself before," he admitted. "Totally regretted it." No matter how good any food tasted, he couldn't quite pack an enormous amount away and he found himself reminded of the ridiculous eating they did at the carnival. The thought had him laughing a bit. That was kinda fun now that he could think back on it.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-30-2015, 10:59 PM

"I could probably eat a whole box," Davvin said eyeing it, "I know I did more than once as a teenager but now it just seems a dumb idea." Though he was reaching for his second slice as he said this. "What are you laughing at?" he asked when Tavis started giggling out of nowhere.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-30-2015, 11:02 PM

Tavis shrugged one shoulder, not about to share his happy thoughts. They were pointless and a little embarrassing since he shouldn't be so happy about spending time with Davvin in the fist place. "It's nothing," he said as he snatched another pizza slice before Davvin really did decide to steal all his yummy pizza. "Ya know, I'm kinda glad I called you this morning though."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-30-2015, 11:25 PM

"Did you have to wake me up at such an ungodly hour though?" Davvin whined, with a full on pout. "Seriously, I'm only ever up that early if I have a morning shift, which I do try to avoid for the most part."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-30-2015, 11:37 PM

"It wasn't that ungodly!" Tavis exclaimed. "And you didn't have to sound so bitchy! Everyone is always mean to me in the morning. You'd think I didn't have any friends if it's before ten because it's like they don't exist!" His voice hit a whiny tone again as he pouted at Davvin.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-31-2015, 12:18 AM

Davvin stared at Tavis with wide eyes at that, "Cuz most of us like our sleep?" he asked, "I don't know, you just got unlucky to not be friends with morning people. Perhaps you should find a couple." He paused, "Though I probably would have been less annoyed if I hadn't worked a late shift the night before, so few hours of sleep makes anyone grumpy."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2015, 02:13 AM

"Well, I don't know why you guys have to sleep when I'm bored," Tavis huffed. "And I don't want to find new friends. I'm perfectly happy with the ones I have so I'll just have to make them morning people. That's so much better of an idea." Even if he felt lonely during those long hours he found himself the only person awake because he just crashed at the wrong hour. It as too hard to fit into normal societal sleeping patterns though. "Where do you work anyway?" Davvin probably said it before, multiple times. But Tavis couldn't remember.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-31-2015, 02:21 AM

"Good luck on that," Davvin chuckled, "Changing people's sleeping pattern isn't exactly an easy thing." Davvin shook his head, smiling softly at Tavis's behavior, finding it somewhat cute. He grabbed one last piece of pizza, before answering his question, "Work as a waiter at a 24-hour diner near my apartment, which means sometimes my shifts keep me up until absurdly late times."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2015, 02:43 AM

Smiling a bit, Tavis reached for another pizza slice too though he probably ate enough already. "We all know I'm stubborn right?" He laughed before closing his eyes to imagine Davvin dressed as a waiter. Would that look cute or absurd? He couldn't decide yet so he would just have to go see for himself. "Invite me sometime. I wanna see you work." He twisted to look full on at Davvin, a large grin on his face. "But I'm sure it's not nearly as amazing as where I work!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-31-2015, 02:54 AM

"Oh yeah, that's definitely something I want," Davvin said sarcastically. He really didn't like people coming to see him at work. It just seemed weird and potentially embarrassing. "Why do you want to see me work anyway? It's not that exciting. You're right on that. The most interesting thing that might happen is you get some intriguing clientele late at night. Usually either drunks, druggies, or truckers." He shook his head, "I can pretty much guarantee that your job is more awesome if solely because mine is so lame."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2015, 03:21 AM

"I'm definitely going to come," Tavis iterated. "I've never seen a trucker. Sounds kinda amusing. Erik and Javi would love that, but they'd make a total racket. Rude bastards," he said like he wasn't cut from the same cloth. He flopped over so he lay on his side on the floor, grinning at Davvin. "And you know there's nothing you can do to stop me."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-31-2015, 03:36 AM

"Yeah do not bring those too please....." Davvin said wanting to beg a little bit. He pouted at Tavis, "I fear what they'll say and do..." he groaned, twisting his head to look at the now laying down Tavis. There was something very cute about the image, something that made Davvin want to move from where he was seated and place a quick kiss to Tavis's head before running his hands through the hair that was fluffed out from the way the other was laying. He couldn't help but lick his lips a bit, fighting the urge because this was a good moment, and he didn't want to ruin it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2015, 03:45 AM

"I won't," Tavis promised. "Or else I'll have to pretend I don't know them because neither of us will be able to show our faces in public ever again. It was bad enough last time." He rolled his eyes before turning his head to get a better view of Davvin. For a second, he just looked at the other man, distracted by some unexplainable something in the air. It left him not wanting to breathe let alone speak. A few seconds later, he blinked and the spell broke. Tavis turned his head away again and cleared his throat. "But yeah, I want to see you dressed up like a waiter with that ridiculous hair of yours."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-31-2015, 03:50 AM

"I'm so glad you agree with me on that. Rather not give my boss a reason to think I'm crazy too. She's pretty chill, but I think they might be a little too much." he grinned as he said this, feeling happy in this moment, content. He looked up at his hair and tugged on a blue colored strand, "Ah well most of it goes underneath a hat. Keeps customers from staring and complaining. My boss doesn't mind too much, but she did request that, which I don't mind so much."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2015, 03:56 AM

Tavis sighed and stared up at the ceiling. "They should let you show off your hair. It looks cool. Be proud." He always thought that and it did seem like such a shame to cover Davvin's hair with a hat. It was so much better out in the open. Then again, he never had to worry about things like that with his job, just with his family. "Normal work like that doesn't sound so bad though. I'd probably fail at it though."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-31-2015, 03:58 AM

"I don't mind so much, so many jobs would make me dye it back to a boring color, at least I get to keep it this way," he replied, smiling at the compliment, it felt good knowing Tavis at least liked his hair. "And she doesn't make me wear long sleeves or cover up the tats, so it's even better." He shrugged, "It's okay, tiring though, being on your feet all day." Davvin stretched a bit and then he too flopped down onto the floor, his hand landing near Tavis's but not touching, just closer than they had been with him sitting.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2015, 04:08 AM

Tavis hummed in agreement. Davvin would somehow not be Davvin with a solid natural hair color. Which didn't make sense considering he was born that way. What was his natural hair color anyway? "Your tats are cool too, so that's good. Do you think I'd look cool with tattoos?" he asked. He never considered that before, being far too occupied with more and more piercings. "Never mind. Maybe I'll just leave that to you."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-31-2015, 04:18 AM

Davvin twisted his head to look over at Tavis, considering, "I think anyone can look good with tattoos. It's not about that. It's about whether you want them, whether they feel right to you. But you could definitely pull them off, they'd fit with all the piercings well." He smiled, then reached out and grabbed the hand that had Tavis's mark on it, gently running his thumb over the design as he looked at it, "After all, this looks good on you, and it takes a special type of person to pull of a flower mark." He didn't quite want to let Tavis hand go just yet, so he kept running his fingers over the flower, tracing all its parts, gently.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-01-2015, 01:44 AM

"Hm?" Tavis grunted in question as he tilted his head down to stare at their hands. The flower that plagued him more often than not never seemed him before. But lately it did and Davvin said he pulled it off. Erik and Javi used to laugh, say it stuck out like a sore thumb on him. Tavis watched the path of Davvin's finger and only shifted his hand to get a better look at his mark without pulling it away. His skin tingled and he feared that even if he tried to pull his hand away, he wouldn't be able to. "Do you really think it looks good on me?"

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 09-01-2015 at 01:51 AM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-01-2015, 02:00 AM

Davvin nodded, "Mmhmm, I do. It's a little startling at first. You don't expect it and not in such a bold place as well, but it works for you." He couldn't pull his hand away from Tavis's hands, just stuck in the lines and details of the flower, his entire body feeling warm as he stroked the mark, waves upon waves of contentment washing over him. "Now that I know you more..." he paused, and heaved a sigh, "I couldn't imagine you with any other mark."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-01-2015, 03:55 AM

For some reason, that warmed Tavis more than any other words Davvin could utter. This mark belonged to him and it was his. Was he somehow going about this all wrong? Laying here like this, he felt more relaxed than he had in years, not that he considered himself an overly tense person. But there was always some sort of knot there in an unexplained place that felt so eased now. "I guess you're right. I'm glad it's my mark too." He turned away. So he was glad Corena was his mate?

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-01-2015, 04:06 AM

Davvin smiled at that, his whole face lighting as his lips stretched the widest it could go. He couldn't explain why but something about this moment felt.. important but also settling. As if a wrinkle in the grand scheme of things was smoothing itself out. He didn't know why exactly that was, but despite the happiness filling him, the feeling of holding Tavis's hand was coming to much and he found himself removing his hand from the others, rubbing the back of his neck, he commented, "See it's all about perspective." Though he wasn't sure if those words really meant much or were just a reason to say something.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-01-2015, 04:58 AM

The second their hands broke apart, the moment broke. Tavis felt it clearly and it brought a small frown to his face, though he recovered quickly as he sat up. "Uh, yeah," he mumbled, dragging a hand through his hair. "Perspective. That's it." What exactly was that between them? Not that it ended, he couldn't quite understand why it started in the first place. He lifted the lid to the pizza box and found a slice still left in there. Not that he felt the least bit like eating it. "I guess I should put this in the fridge. We're done here right?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-01-2015, 05:08 AM

"Hm?" Davvin asked, still caught up in thinking about the whole instance that had just transpired, and why Tavis made him feel so strongly. Different from all the people he'd dated in the past. But he couldn't tell if it was in a good or bad way. He frowned, something nervous, settling in his chest. "Oh yeah, I'm done." Not that Davvin could eat now even he hadn't already stuff himself full. Too many thoughts whirling around in his head and making him feel tight for that to be possible.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-02-2015, 03:15 AM

Tavis disappeared from the room for a few minutes as he shoved the pizza in between some other random things in his fridge. Groaning, he collapsed against a counter to just stare at the ceiling. Ah seriously, this was weird. For a second, he felt so relaxed and now he felt anything but. How was that supposed to make sense? If Tavis knew who could ask such questions to, he might consider it at this point. Finally, after he'd wasted more time than it should have take to put pizza away, he flounced back into the living room like nothing at all happened. "So, you plan to stay any longer?"