View Poll Results: Should Alex stay in the thread? (yes, Alex gets to vote :P)
Alex should be banned immediately, because he openly supports Greed. 4 15.38%
Forbid him from discussing pro-Greed topics on the thread, and ban him should he not comply. 6 23.08%
Eh, keep him. He's entertaining when he monologues. 17 65.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Aislin
*^_^*

Old 12-27-2008, 02:43 AM

NEWS UPDATE: If you're spending only because you can't resist the pull of the Festival items-- please, rethink!
This kind fairy is here to help you to resist the urge.

For those of you who have been watching the Yarn-o-Meter at the bottom of this image, you're probably already familiar with the sad tale of Channah's scarf. The image above shows the meager amount of green on the bar on December 26th. Slowly, the amount of green on this bar has actually been going down.

Now, I believe there is an easy solution to this that every one can agree to: the Half (or more!) Principle.

--> Every time a person spends yarn in the Event Store, the bar goes down.
--> Every time a person donates yarn to Channah, the bar goes up.

If you're one of those good people who'd like to help Channah but aren't certain, you should ask the Evil Fairy for advice! She'll point you in the right direction. :)

If you are one of those people who would donate, but who is too eager to purchase items in the event store, there is a way to at least do no harm, so that your activities won't make the bar go down. Our little group isn't asking you to stop spending at the store altogether-- although if you want to donate everything, we more than encourage it! Instead, we would like you to simply Donate At Least Equal to What You Spend. In other words-- donate half of all of the yarn you take from Greed.

If you donate equal to what you spend, you won't have a negative impact on the bar. If you spend more than you donate, however, you will cause the bar to go down and thereby hurt the efforts of other Menewshans to complete the scarf.

Please, Don't Let Greed Win! Use the Half (or more!) Principle.

Feel free to post discussing this idea, the holidays, the event, or whatever you like!

If you're willing to donate at least half of your yarn in an effort to help Channah, you can use these images in your signature:

Another note:
--Once special events are done, items in the store usually end up being transferred to the other stores. Please don't be tricked into thinking that these items won't always be available! The only items which will be unavailable after the event are the ones which can be purchased with snow buckets.

All the more reason to donate yarn now! You can only help Channah once.

Quote:
Support Channah Because...
Why do YOU follow the Half Principle?

Support Channah! Because the other guy looks like he just ate a kitten. (Aislin)
Support Channah so that you won't get scarfed. (Apocrypha)
Support Channah 'cause Greed eats kids. (Apocrypha)
The Half Principle - You CAN have your yarn and spend it too! (Amani)
Because Greed needs a mama, a papa, and a big 'ole spanking. (` B u t t e r)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty Schtuff!

--> Timer: You can set this nifty timer to go off every ten minutes, so that you don't forget to collect and donate yarn! This is a great power, so use it for good. ;)
-->Evil Fairy: The name is a misnomer; this wonderful fairy is helping the cause by helping the compulsive item buyers out there. If you are a Compulsive Buyer or would like to help the Compulsive Buyers donate their yarn to the cause of good, you can find out more information at the link.
--> The Knightly Virtues: Soldiers for the cause of Channah.

Last edited by Aislin; 12-31-2008 at 12:15 AM..

LennaHime
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-27-2008, 02:45 AM

I've only donated yarn to Channah. ;_; Mostly cause I fear the epic doom Channah may bring to me. X3

Rose Marie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-27-2008, 02:46 AM

This is how high the bar was this afternoon and it was even higher this morning.*As shown by my coloring*

THAT is how much the bar has gone DOWN.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 12-27-2008, 02:48 AM

I have yet to spend any yarn in the store - I've only been donating to Channah.
I'm really sad to see how low the bar has gotten.

Aislin
*^_^*

Old 12-27-2008, 02:48 AM

I know! It's very upsetting. I have no idea how it went down so quickly. :(

The Volturis Lover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to The Volturis Lover Send a message via MSN to The Volturis Lover Send a message via Yahoo to The Volturis Lover

Old 12-27-2008, 02:49 AM

The bar is way too low now. I was giving one and keeping one before. But now its all been going to Channah.

LennaHime
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-27-2008, 02:51 AM

Geesh, I just looked at the bar...its sad. Dx We can't let Greed win! We can't!!

Angelic.Demon
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2008, 02:51 AM

Hm, I think I may start doing this, who knows? xD

Aislin
*^_^*

Old 12-27-2008, 02:54 AM

Please do! Everything helps.

I've been donating all of my yarn to Channah, but I'm not sure if I'm online enough for that to make a difference. I've dug up 57 buckets, which means I've donated about 57 balls of yarn.

Angelic.Demon
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2008, 03:07 AM

I've only taken 3 balls of yarn from greed, I've been too busy to grab more >.<

and all of those I've given back to Channah.

Aislin
*^_^*

Old 12-27-2008, 03:14 AM

Yay! *hugs you*

I've got an online stopwatch set to go off every ten minutes while I do work for school via the internet. Hence my collection of yarn.

I think the people who have an edge in this event are the insomniacs. :P

Apocrypha
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-27-2008, 03:15 AM

I think I've given all my yarns to Channah. I want the scarf to be completed!

Angelic.Demon
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2008, 03:18 AM

Really, I'll just post a lot and hope I earn enough to get what i want in the event, and to get what I want from the store n.n

Apocrypha
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-27-2008, 03:25 AM

I haven't decided yet what item to get in the store, so I'm donating my yarns for the moment.

Heya Angelic.Demon! How are you?

` B u t t e r
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2008, 03:31 AM

Thank you for this!
I was trying to save a little yarn whilst still donating to Channah, but after watching the bar get so far, then drop, come back a little(repeat) only for it to fall back to square one.
Hopefully, if everyone puts in as much as they take out, we'll get the bar back up.
:' )

Aislin
*^_^*

Old 12-27-2008, 03:34 AM

I hope so, Butter!

Your avatar is wonderful, by the way: I love your color scheme.

@ Apocrypha: I haven't even really looked through the store to see what I'd like yet. I know they're selling glasses now... When I do figure it out, though, I'll buy in gold. :P

Angelic.Demon
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2008, 03:36 AM

Hey!

I'm good thanks
but my mom's bugging me to sweep the kitchen floor -.-

How about you?

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox
Send a message via MSN to Bishielurfer

Old 12-27-2008, 03:36 AM

I've only donated yarn...;-; Greed is mean looking.

Aislin
*^_^*

Old 12-27-2008, 03:41 AM

Yay Bishie! :hug:

He is mean looking!

That should be our motto: "Support Channah! Because the other guy looks like he just ate a kitten."

Kalliste
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Kalliste

Old 12-27-2008, 03:43 AM

I don't have much interest in the items in the store anyhoo so have decided to donate much of what I have to Channah :)

` B u t t e r
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2008, 03:52 AM

@ Aislin ::

Thank you!
It's no where near done, but thanks.
What I started out doing was donating every other yarn piece I got, which took away temptation had I allowed it to built up without donating. But uh...once it started dropping I had to dip into my "reserve".
><;;

@ Bishielurfer ::

Greed doesn't look so tough.
He looks more...impish?
I think that's the word...impish.

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 12-27-2008, 03:54 AM

I'm saving my yarn now so I can donate it in one big chunk. That way I can feel like I made a difference. xD

Apocrypha
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-27-2008, 03:54 AM

@Aislin: LULZ. That motto made me laugh. XDD

@Angelic: I'm doing good too. ^o^

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox
Send a message via MSN to Bishielurfer

Old 12-27-2008, 04:32 AM

Aislin: D: He does! I saw him and my first thought was, "He could scare children!"

Aislin
*^_^*

Old 12-27-2008, 04:34 AM

@ Apocrypha: Glad you liked! :angel:
We should make a list of comical reasons to support Channah.

@ Butter: Oooh! Do you have a quest thread?
Once I realized that spending in the special event store would help greed, I put all of my yard into Channa's able hands. I prefer to support Menewshan currency anyways. ^.-
It's good of you to donate your reserve!

@ Fabby: That's a good idea! I would do that as well, but I don't want to watch the bar reduce in the meantime. :sweat:
I think that the huge bar reduction was because people spend all at once, after saving. So the bar deflates all at once too.

@ Bishie: I agree! He also doesn't have a very holiday oriented Fashion Sense. He looks slightly like he'd sell you a used car and then steal your children whilst you weren't looking. Maybe he's related to the witch from Hansel and Gretl?

I confess I like poking fun at Greed. Makes me feel better. :pirate:

For anyone who is interested, the chocolate teddy bear which I received at Christmas is now very sadly amputated. And I feel guilty, I do... but his limbs are yummy!

Last edited by Aislin; 12-27-2008 at 04:37 AM..