The Queer Engineer

Old 12-08-2014, 01:10 AM

Oh wow that must be an interesting book. It sounds very intense. It is alright if you cannot come up with a question. I am slowly considering to make that rule optional as I think it drives users away from my threads, but this is a charity. I feel like I have not really given too much out yet though. :/
Would you support it if the question rule was optional and do you think more users might come to the thread?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-08-2014, 01:47 AM

Yes I think they would come to the thread if the question at the end was optional. Though questions doe help keep the thread moving. But maybe not require them in every post. I know it would be easier for me.

Order Up!
Item Desired:
Silver Hot Chocolate Mug
Donation or Charity: Charity
Digital Signature: Kirin Rosenbaum

[2600]Classic Bartender
Classic Bartender Mule

Old 12-08-2014, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
Yes I think they would come to the thread if the question at the end was optional. Though questions doe help keep the thread moving. But maybe not require them in every post. I know it would be easier for me.

Order Up!
Item Desired:
Silver Hot Chocolate Mug
Donation or Charity: Charity
Digital Signature: Kirin Rosenbaum
Thank you for ordering.
Kirin Rosenbaum: a trade has been sent.

Last edited by [2600]Classic Bartender; 12-08-2014 at 02:05 AM..

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-08-2014, 02:25 AM

I am off to accept it now. Thank you. It will be the perfect addition to the winter avatar I have planned.

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-08-2014, 02:41 AM

That is good. I can't wait to see it! :3 I have been spending a lot of time in the RAK thread in mene nations 0.0 I gained a good amount of gold today. Maybe tomorrow I will reach 2k. I have to go back to being focused on schoolwork though. After Tuesday it will all be done!!!!!
What is your favorite forum here?

Last edited by 2600; 12-08-2014 at 06:33 AM..

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-09-2014, 12:51 AM

I can't keep up with RAK. And I have tried several times. I like the Nation and Roleplay. What about you?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-09-2014, 01:02 AM

I love the nation, word games, and critical thinking forums. I want to make more friends within the charity forum. What do you think is the best looking Contribution Item available right now?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-09-2014, 01:50 AM

I am partial to the Unicorn one. It's going to play a part in my winter avatar. How was your day?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-09-2014, 02:37 AM

@Kirin Rosenbaum I seriously cannot wait for the festival of winter lights.
Quote:
How was your day?
My day was alright. I had a meeting with my english professor about my rough draft for my research paper. She told me that the paper was on its way to getting an A so that was a plus! I also took my final math test and I am hoping that I got a good grade on it. I would love to never have to deal with abstract math again. At the moment I am working in a speech about volunteering that I will be presenting tomorrow. Then all I will have left to do is finish the research paper and write two short 300-500 word essays about stuff in my mass media class and I will be home-free. Only in the sense if academics. Shortly after that I will have to look for work or I will be scolded for being lazy. I have a random question to ask. I do not really know how my train of thought landed at it though. Do you have a favorite convenience store?

Last edited by 2600; 12-09-2014 at 02:43 AM..

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 12-09-2014, 12:15 PM

*Walking in and looking around*

Hello! Anyone there?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-09-2014, 03:03 PM

@2600

Not really. At least not where I am currently am living. Where I used to live there was BP gas station near one of my jobs. I'd go most everyday. Often I'd go with a list of things to pick up from my coworkers. They never knew my name but the knew me. When it would be awhile between times they'd always comment on how they hadn't seen me in awhile. Or if I went in without a list. It was rather nice.

@Cyclone

I am here, for a little bit anyways.

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-09-2014, 09:57 PM

CycloneKira: yes I am here for a bit, I apologize for my absence. I think will be around much more during the holiday season. I will not have long papers to finish, speeches to write, or classes to go to. I may try to get a job though.
@Kirin : there is a seven-eleven near my house that is open twenty-four/seven.
'It is better to give than it is to receive' -holy bible NKJV
I'm not really that religious, I just used that quote in a speech today.
I got all dressed up in a vest and a nice shirt and wire jeans below. Business casual attire for my wonderfully persuasive speech on volunteering. Basically I asked people to spread awareness about volunteering, because it is a way to volunteer that does not require any affiliation with a volunteer organization. I hope that I did well on it, but at the same time I just wanted a grade. I have an A in the course, it just took me forever to write a persuasive speech. I think I give into my own pressure sometimes. If you tell yourself enough times you can't then you may not.
The holidays are coming and the incessant giving season will arrive soon. I wanted to ask a question about this concept. Do you feel compelled to give gifts around the holiday season? If so, who do you give them to?

Last edited by 2600; 12-09-2014 at 10:01 PM..

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-10-2014, 03:55 AM

I give gifts to my immediate family. This includes my two dearest friends who are sisters to me in all ways but blood. I make cards to send out to friends and extended family.

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-10-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I give gifts to my immediate family. This includes my two dearest friends who are sisters to me in all ways but blood. I make cards to send out to friends and extended family.

I do not have any blood brothers or sisters. <_<
That is very kind to do. I usually try to give to my immediate family as well. When I was in high school I would give a lot of gifts to friends. Now that I only have a few close friends and one significant over, I do not feel as compelled to buy a present for everyone.
By the way, thank you so much for coming and posting in the bar <3
I just woke up and I have the last inklings of work to do so I am going to get them done. I will be so relieved once this day ends.
Do you read or watch manga or anime? If so, do you have a favorite? What is it and why?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-10-2014, 02:26 PM

I used to be more into manga and anime. Though I have been watching Sailormoon Crystal on Hulu Plus. I don't know if I have a favorite. Oh I also have started watching Black Butler and am enjoying that as well. I love Paradise Kiss and Ouran High School Host Club. You?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-11-2014, 02:46 AM

Quote:
I used to be more into manga and anime. Though I have been watching Sailormoon Crystal on Hulu Plus. I don't know if I have a favorite. Oh I also have started watching Black Butler and am enjoying that as well. I love Paradise Kiss and Ouran High School Host Club. You?
Kirin Rosenbaum:
I used to be much more into anime as well. One of my all-time popular favorites was and still is death-note. I just love the manga so much. It is fun to read over and over again! I used to watch a lot of naruto, then there was a point were I gave up on trying to keep up with the story. I really enjoy animes that have an ending. Ongoing animes can feel like they drag out forever. A few others that I enjoyed were Neon Genesis Evangelion, DNAngel, GANTZ, Speedgrapher, Serial Experiments Lain, Paranoia Agent, Trinity Blood, and Stand Alone Complex. I did read Great teacher Onizuka, Bleach, One Piece, Fruits Basktet, Higurashi, Gravitation, and many more. I was a serious anime nerd throughout middle school and high school. It is much more toned down now. I am finding that i cannot focus enough to watch new things lately, unless I have absolutely nothing to do, which is like never. Hehe hope that is enough.

Question: How many of the animes I mentioned have you heard of?

Last edited by 2600; 12-11-2014 at 02:57 AM..

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-11-2014, 02:53 AM

That's awesome. I have heard of several. Oh I used to read Get Backers. There are several other Manga I have read.

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-11-2014, 02:58 AM

Quote:
I used to be more into manga and anime.
@Kirin Rosenbaum
Though I have been watching Sailormoon Crystal on Hulu Plus. I don't know if I have a favorite. Oh I also have started watching Black Butler and am enjoying that as well. I love Paradise Kiss and Ouran High School Host Club. You?
Quote:
That's awesome. I have heard of several. Oh I used to read Get Backers. There are several other Manga I have read.
OMG I used to have the first season of the Get Backers. I thought it was a pretty funny premise for an anime when I first heard about it.
Person 1: What is the getbackers about?
Person 2: People who get stuff back!

Am I the only one who finds that utterly hilarious?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-11-2014, 04:42 AM

Not at all. I love art style of Get Backers. Oh I also like Kyo Karo Maoh. Or however it's spelled. And Bleach. Have you ever seen the live action Death Note?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-11-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Have you ever seen the live action Death Note?
@Kirin
No I never did see the live action death note. Did you see it? Did you like it? If not that is fine as I have just said I have not seen it. Hmm... i really like obscure anime and ones that people do not know very well. Do you have, know, watch or read of any obscure anime/manga? If so what are the titles and what do you like about them?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-11-2014, 05:00 PM

I saw it on the big screen. It was awesome. I need to own that at some point. What do you mean by obscure?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-12-2014, 01:23 AM

I hope your day is going well.
I just mean not very well known or outside of the popular culture animes. Does that make sense?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-12-2014, 01:59 AM

I guess then I would say Paradise Kiss a.k.a. Para Kiss would be considered obscure. At least I don't hear much about it. I love the anime and the manga of that. And I really didn't think I would. Oh I have also read Sugar Sugar Rune and loved it. Another one I didn't think I would like.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 12-12-2014, 12:22 PM

Has anyone finished watching the Black Butler anime? (I haven't)

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-13-2014, 06:11 AM

For anyone who wants to know about my real life experiences:
I learned how to tie an eldridge, full-windsor, and trinity knot in this past week.
Quote:
I guess then I would say Paradise Kiss a.k.a. Para Kiss would be considered obscure. At least I don't hear much about it. I love the anime and the manga of that. And I really didn't think I would. Oh I have also read Sugar Sugar Rune and loved it. Another one I didn't think I would like.
@Kirin The titles sound cool. I have not actually heard of either of them though. Do you ever try to draw anime or manga while you watch or read it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneKira View Post
Has anyone finished watching the Black Butler anime? (I haven't)

CycloneKira: I have not finished black butler, but friends of mine have. I own the first couple of books in the series. I think it is also on netflix now. I should make it a point to watch all things anime on netflix. Do you have netflix? How do you watch anime?

just a note: I think, as long as there is a conversation and not just one-word posts, then the question at the end and the three sentence rules can be unofficially optional, but (ONLY) in the bar. I like having the rules in the lounge. I just love learning about other users. Do you think that this is fair?