Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-23-2018, 06:54 PM

[The one that lasted the longest? I'm not sure. I've heard whispers about the last guy. I think he might have lasted a couple of months. Which is pretty good, I'd wager.] Bran was good with mechanical things and had quick reflexes, thanks to his love for all things video games...but he didn't think he'd do very well in the night guard position. That would be far too stressful for him. He was already working three jobs--any more stress and he'd drop dead!

[I don't know about any past guards, but the last one was a guy. I don't think they were prepared to lose him after he lasted so long, so they had to scramble to find a replacement.] Perhaps the owner was hoping the last guard would manage to win over his stubborn animatronics...but obviously that venture failed.

The garage was a simple brick building. Plain and unassuming. Bran spotted her standing outside through the office window just as her final text arrived. With a grunt he hopped up from the cushy office chair and strode to the door, pushing it open. "Over here. Door's locked, so no one else should be coming in. We've got cameras but they don't have audio. We're good." The office was messy. Stacks of paper were scattered haphazardly throughout the room. A large bulletin board on one wall was tacked full of different papers, including a work schedule and a hastily scrawled warning to someone named Phil warning him not to steal other people's lunches in the fridge.

Bran flopped over into one of the office chairs, wheeling it back behind a desk with a fancy computer on it. "Grab any chair you want. Place is a disaster zone anyway, so no one's gonna care." For a few moments he just sat there awkwardly, apparently gathering his thoughts. Then he wheeled the chair a few inches to his left and reached underneath the desk to turn on the computer. "So...what do you want to know, exactly?" he finally inquired. "You've seen them walk and talk, so you already know they're not your average machines."

Zollie
Bored and exhausted

Old 01-23-2018, 07:25 PM

Alyssa walked in noticing the mess but said nothing about it. She wasn't the tidiest person either, as long as things were mostly clean for her, she could manage. Alyssa took a seat somewhere soft and comfy, she could get used to this chair. A flashback hit her and left in a nano second. Ignoring the random moment she listened to him talking about what she wanted to know.

"I understand the privacy, family, and mostly the game to a point. However, I don't understand quite a bit so far. I'm assuming because Foxy is a pirate that is why he doesn't intentionally hurt women. Freddy seems to be the...as I called him last night 'Papa Bear' and Chica so far is quiet, but seems to be the type to worry. Bonnie must be close to Foxy or so it seems with the events that triggered last night. I'm not even sure what all happened after the first event but the outcome was simple.

" Alyssa realized she had rambled and decided to add on. "I guess I want to know, are there only four animatronics? Why can't a security guard leave the room? And what's so special about this game?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-23-2018, 07:50 PM

Bran hummed, his gaze fixed on the computer screen as it booted up. He mulled over those words, and the questions she presented him with, for some time as he pulled up the programs he needed to compare last week's inventory with this week's inventory. This wasn't his favorite task by far. He would much rather be working on someone's bike while he was here, but he couldn't exactly argue with his boss. That guy would send him packing if he mouthed off. He was old-fashioned like that.

"There are five of them. Well..." Icy blue eyes squinted as thoughts ran wild through his mind. "Technically speaking, there are six. But only five live at the restaurant. The other one is small. He can fit in a box. He's old and fragile, and also happens to be the owner's favorite animatronic, so he stays at home with him now since he can't be in service. It's a puppet thing. Like a marionette. I don't know anything else about that one."

Bran sank back into his chair. "There's a second bear at the restaurant. This is...what...the third restaurant? There were two that failed in the past. The second bear was the star animatronic in the first restaurant. His shell was heavily modified to prepare him for service in the second restaurant...but they chose not to use him after all. And so now it just sits in the basement and rots away. He's kind of golden in color. Looks pretty much identical to Freddy minus the coloring." His expression soured just a bit. "I'm not allowed to touch that one either. The owner claims he's far beyond fixing."

Not that he really believed that at this point, but whatever. He just assumed the golden bear didn't want to be touched by human hands ever again.

"As far as the rules for the game go...I'm not entirely sure." An apologetic smile curled his lips. "All I know for sure is that the guard can't leave the office. The job listing I saw asked for someone that could monitor camera feeds, make sure nothing breaks down, and try to prevent intruders from stealing, vandalizing, or damaging their valuable animatronics. But I really, seriously doubt that's what the point of the job is. They can clearly handle themselves, so why bother posting a security guard there at night? They hate adults. They don't want anything to do with us. You should see the looks I get from them sometimes while I'm trying to do maintenance on them." A shudder ran down his spine.

"I don't know for certain why they hate night guards so much, but..." A grimace twisted his features. "Based on just how hostile they are...I think they were hurt in the past. Pretty badly. By a night guard. It must have been something downright awful to instill that much hatred and raw fear in them."

Bran hesitated for what seemed like an eternity, wringing his hands together and totally ignoring his inventory work for now. When he made eye contact again he seemed oddly hesitant. "The owner asked me to treat them with the utmost respect, even if they treat me like garbage in response. 'They're patients, not machines,' was what he told me. I got all excited about just how advanced their AI must have been for them to see themselves as patients...but...that isn't the case at all."

Something unknown flashed in his eyes. "They were human once, he told me. All of those animatronics, save for the puppet, were once human beings. I don't know why they're machines now, or what happened to make them the way they are, or how any of it works, but that's what he told me. There are human souls inside of those machines."

Zollie
Bored and exhausted

Old 01-23-2018, 09:11 PM

So there was another one and that's where regular Freddy went, now she was even more eager to get to work to play this game. Not allowed to roam the halls, not allowed to flee, but must stay in that office. Hm...She could think of so many different things tonight, in fact she'd probably need to...Golden Freddy is probably one not to mess with if he's as messed up as he sounds or portrayed to sound. "Oh trust me, I've seen the creepy looks they give, but if you give into the fear and show them you fear that. I doubt that would help, there's no way they would take mercy on someone for fearful eyes of knowing they're in over their heads it seems. I've already spoken to them once now, but respect is going to win them over. Not that I was trying to, but being nice is in my habit."

"That would make sense if someone hurt them in the past, but if that person is no longer around why bother with the rest of us? That's the real question here besides how to win the game, guess I need to step up my game." Human souls got her attention big time as she realized she had a couple things up her sleeve that she could pull off. "Do you happen to know any stores around here that have highly caffeinated drinks? I need something high in caffeine, sugar is fine. But I May have an idea on how to handle these guys at night." Though she'd have to be the opposite of who she was currently, which meant caffeine and lots of it. One energy drink should do it if she downs it and skips her meds. She hadn't taken them just yet.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-23-2018, 10:46 PM

"I'm gonna have to disagree with you there." Bran chuckled, raising one dark eyebrow. "It's not a good idea to show fear in front of the rabbit. But the bear sees it as a lesser form of respect. Still, though..." The dark-haired male finally dug into the inventory he was supposed to be doing, tearing his eyes from his current companion. "Respect will get you a long way. With the band, at least. I don't know about the fox. I'm not supposed to deal with him, but...maybe you can find out more from the others. If they're willing to talk to you at all."

Foxy was the outlier, it seemed. Every member of the staff believed him to be dangerous and very little was known about him. Though clearly Golden Freddy was also a mysterious outlier, Foxy was a more immediate problem. He wouldn't lay a hand on a woman, but that didn't necessarily mean he wouldn't help the others get into the office...or prevent them from doing the deed themselves.

"That's a good question..." The mechanic briefly glanced over to meet her eyes before turning back to the computer monitor. "I guess they just don't trust night guards at all anymore. I wouldn't either if I was abused." He scratched his chin, pondering those questions. "Just grab a bunch of Monsters somewhere. Those are great! But don't drink more than three at a time. They can legitimately give you heart palpitations." Bran pulled a face. "I, uh...I would know. From experience. Don't do that. As for the game, I really don't know much about it. I don't know the rules. All the owner mentioned to me in passing was that they go on the offensive at night and the guard is forbidden from leaving the office. He did say that the guards get phone calls that further explain the game with each passing night. Training tapes or something like that."

Bran opened his mouth to speak further, hesitated, and then cleared his throat. "...About the fox..." He winced. "I know he's in bad shape. And it bothers me. Especially knowing that there's a person's consciousness in that metal shell. But I can't work on him...in the pizzeria, that is." He drummed his fingers against the desk, whistling in an innocent fashion and rolling his eyes toward the ceiling. "I mean, if there were no cameras around to catch me going anywhere near the fox...it wouldn't be too difficult to give him a proper once-over and figure out exactly what repairs he needs, what I'll need to conduct those repairs, and how much it's going to cost..."

A mischievous smirk stretched across his face. "You already said he probably won't hurt you because of his code of conduct, right? It shouldn't be all that difficult to talk to him then. Maybe convince him that getting fixed up won't be so bad. He won't be in pain anymore and maybe, just maybe, if he's in good working order...the management might let him perform again."

That would be a dream come true for that old fox. It had to be depressing, day in and day out sitting in that dark musty Cove listening to the rest of his family having fun with the children...

Zollie
Bored and exhausted

Old 01-24-2018, 07:18 AM

"I only need one monster drink. The caffeine alone...well I haven't ever had one before but I've had something weaker when I'm not on my meds. So its just to see how this might work out, I'm going to take one with me just in case they decide to up their game after last night. I wonder if I can convince them I know how to fix Foxy but that involves communication. I wonder if I go in by eleven to relieve the other guard early if I can talk to the fox. Being confided to one place day in and day out is no fun, I know that myself." Alyssa spoke but she didn't elaborate on that part.

"I wonder how long you have to survive for them to start respecting you. I wonder if I play that card if I can get on their good side even just a bit. I can understand the abuse part in a way but this all falls upon a move. Need to figure out which pawns to move first." Alyssa knew chess and this seemed worthy enough to be considered like it. She would have to make a move and then allow them theirs. Even if it could be considered deadly towards her and she knew it would be. "Do you think they like killing?" Alyssa pondered this thought for a moment, it was a possibility. Though she doubt leading unsuspecting people to them would be a good idea.

"There's a few ways to go about getting to Foxy to fix him. First is to mess with the cameras but I'm sure the gang would know before I got the chance to scramble the tapes. Second Freddy, Chica, and Bonnie - possibly along with Golden Freddy would be on us in seconds." Alyssa began explaining the first reason which seemed easier in her head though so she went on to her next thought without hesitating.

"The second idea is to get him into the office without trying to kill us, hiding you in an empty suit would help but if the gang finds out I snuck you in, it wouldn't be a good idea. Though your idea on convincing Foxy to get fixed in order to get the manager to play along in order for you not to be attacked. Though I wonder if I could get Freddy in on this, he wants the fox fixed as much as anyone else. So I can't see him turning his head the other way." Alyssa actually could but she figured he'd be more of a gentlemen not to if she could talk her way into it. Though waking Freddy up for that reason wouldn't be a good idea, talking to him while others are all still around might be alright to do. Like talking to a lifeless doll.

"Oh crap, it's getting late, I'll keep my phone on in case you text. Though it will be on silent, if they try to come in and kill me I'd want to be quiet about being there. I'll see you later and text anytime. I'll reply when I can." She smiled as she did a short nod with her head, as if doing the Japanese form of respect and with that she was gone. She had quite an idea for tonight - going home she got things ready in a small sling backpack. She got dressed wearing black pants and matching black boots with a blue button up shirt with her name on it and the 'security' words across it on the back. Her name tag was on the front as she looked in the mirror to access how she looked. She pulled her copper hair into a flat bun pinning it down with a barrette then putting the security night cap on.

If a game is what they wanted to play then she was going to play it, that was the rules anyways. How many night guards didn't follow those rules? Taking a picture of herself she sent it to Bran saying [They don't know how to act with a female present, so lets see if this can change things up a bit.] She even had the black jacket on which helped to hide her small frame more in the bust area. Leaving her apartment she was ready to go as it was almost eleven at night in which she was purposely going early. She walked through the doors casually with a collective walk as a few stared. They were whispering on who was the new night guard and what happened to the female? Was it really that hard to tell it was her? Her bangs still covered her left eye as she went to look up at Freddy ignoring the stares and glares from the others. Though she surprised them when she started talking to the inanimate objects.

She stared up at Freddy looking lifeless but she knew he would be able to hear her even in a whisper. "Last night we got off on the wrong foot, things occurred out of our control, however you all handled it quite well. No don't worry I'm not trying to be your friend, I'm the security night guard and I think it's time to play. Playing by your rules, I wonder how long I'll last. I've heard countless rumors and things, but which is true I wonder? I guess I'll have to find out soon enough. By the way I lied about not reading the contract and rules. I tend to just do whatever I please, but for now I'll play your game." Alyssa waited a moment as if for dramatic affect "Are you ready to see who survives the night?" there was a sinister gleam in her eyes. Walking away from Freddy she glanced at Chica and Bonnie "Good evening, I hope you're ready. I expect a challenge, not something so quick, its sooooo boring otherwise."

"Dude is she talking to the robots? Dude? Hey wait, don't-" One of the cleaning guys looked around for his friend he was cleaning with and saw him an inch away from touching Freddy. "He needs cleaning" his friend was determined to do what he wasn't supposed to. Just. A. Little. Bit. Closer. Just then Alyssa had grabbed the idiot's hand giving him a glare holding a bit too tight but she wanted him to understand what she was going to say next. "Do. Not. Touch. Him." She threatened giving off a bad vibe which made him almost shrink back but he stood his ground. This was one side affect from her being off her meds of day one.

"He needs to be cleaned" "It's not in your contract to touch him or the one in the cove. You'll do best to keep your hand away, it's not him you should be afraid of right now." Alyssa squeezed harder moving his wrist in a way that was really painful for the other one. "OW! Hey that hurts! Let go!" Alyssa let go by pushing him back a tad "Don't you ever touch him again. You don't have what it takes to even get as close as you did to him." Alyssa whispered something very low only to the one that only he could hear which made him leave the place without another word. She knew how to work things and if being a security guard meant protecting those trying to kill her, why not?

Alyssa walked over to pirate cove standing where she could possibly be in sight if it opened a tad at all. Quietly she started talking as others were leaving "I do hope I can convince you to allow me to help you get fixed up. I know what it is like being stuck in the same place day in and day out. Others wondering if you're well enough to come out, others afraid of you coming out because they know you'll be better than them. I don't want you stay in there locked away forever never coming out again. The mechanic could help but without some assistance there isn't much we can really do. I suppose I'll have to do what I can, but let me know your decision later on if I survive. Good evening captain, catch you in the shadows. Female or not, I do love a good challenge." she walked away towards the office not eating anything, she knew how to handle the situation but the question was, for how long.