fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 02-17-2011, 01:23 AM

"I'll probably be just passing through too. I have to find a clue or some such in this town. Something boring like that." Sara made a dramatic yawn. She put her elbows on the table and leaned in a little closer. That does sound interesting. Where do you work, if I may ask?"

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 02-17-2011, 01:33 AM

Kage couldn't help but keep the slight smile as he watched the woman's theatrics. "I work as an independent contractor in a more... unique line of business. I create personal works of art, and I often have to travel to meet with my patrons." He said, something dark and dangerous sliding behind his eyes through the polite smile. Giving a sign on his otherwise placid face.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 AM

Lilith had been watching people as they walked in and noticed a woman come in and look around shyly then head over table and sit. Lilith gasped realizing she had sat down at the table she had left her stuff. She turned back to the two people she had been talking to. "I'm so sorry to interrupt and run but I have to go." She gives a slight bow then runs over to the table.

Reaching the table Lilith sees that the woman sat in the chair opposite her stuff. "I'm sorry miss. I left my stuff here earlier. I don't want to run you off or anything. Would you mind if I sat with you?" Really, she didn't care about someone sitting with her. It would be nice to talk to someone. She just didn't want anyone to notice her mask sitting in her bag or anyone to mess with her bow and arrows. They were delicate.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 02-17-2011, 01:56 AM

"Art? You're an artist? I've always found that so intriguing. Like, what goes through a person's mind as they create something- poof! From nothing. It's a very romantic line of work, I think." Sara rested her head on her chin, smiling.

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 02-17-2011, 02:01 AM

Iltu started as another woman appeared. "Oh, I'm sorry, didn't mean to-" she said swiftly, half standing up before the newcomer's words registered. "Oh, um, I mean..." she flailed about her vocabulary for an appropriate thing to say as she lowered herself back into a seat. "No, no I don't mind. Um, please do! Please do sit, I mean." She lowered her long pointed ears slightly in embarrassment as she blushed. Coherent conversation was not a strong point of hers!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-17-2011, 02:18 AM

As the trembling gloved hand of the anxious purple creature released the doorknob to slip within, a different hand closed around the metal curve. This new hand was clothed only in pale flesh, and politely held the door. One would have thought that she was expecting a second client to enter behind her, but her sparsely robed frame remained in the doorway and blocked any further arrival. However, it was clear that she had no intention of removing herself from the doorway. She simply continued to hold the door with serene patience.

Serene...? Ah-! One noting her serenity would have to note her unusual facial expression. Her eyes were closed and they remained closed. There was no tension so this was not a conscious effort. And she did not appear wilted so this was not a matter of fatigue. Although if not for the soft shine of life playing upon her features, she would have seemed lightly asleep.

Nor did her pale features warm with chaste shame for her (lack of) garments. Her frame was draped with two lengths of shapeless cloth. One was blue like a splash of midnight water and fell over a shoulder to embraced her hips. The other was white like the foam which bore Aphrodite and protected the modesty of her chest.

She had no reason to be ashamed. Before many could catch glimpse of the ample flesh available to be observed, the maiden's companion arrived. It began as the lamenting sigh of a lover in cold, curling about the newest guest in wisps then transforming into whimsical shapes about her body as it began to become more dense and visible.

"There we go."

She closed the door. Both hand and knob disappeared for a moment as the mist curled about her hand. When the white withdrew, the knob was alone. Her hand had already returned to rest at her side. She turned and stood, her appearance distorted by the ever-shifting fog around her. If her eyes had been open, one would have thought she were observing her fellow clients. She seemed to be waiting for someone of interest to claim her company.

Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 02-17-2011, 02:20 AM

Flink snorted at the mention of a contest, but shook her head, "I'll avoid that. I try not to encourage people to drink too much, they're already a bit short witted." She tapped her papers, writing down any new patrons before looking back to the two ladies, "Also, you misunderstand me in what I meant by 'stir things up', I'm quite happy with my decor." She smiled a bit wistfully, or was it a maniacal smile. "I'm looking to keep people on their toes."

After the interrupter left, Flink turned her attention back to the ceiling, thinking on what she could do. A fire would burn her precious inn, maybe inviting a drunkard in to hit on everyone, now those are fun to watch.

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 02-17-2011, 02:21 AM

Kage smiled back, his eyes almost mischievous as he did. "Many think of is as so. I myself find it enchanting." He leaned forward onto the table as he spoke. "I use the body in my art. It is a very physical job to do it right, but the end is a stunning display of inner beauty and things such as how fragile a life truly is." he said, his deep voice seeming tangible, soft as velvet. He sat back again, glancing about in a quick survey of room, then rested his eyes back on Sara. "May I offer you something to drink? I had been meaning to go over to the bar for a bit now." He asked, gesturing with a slender hand.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-17-2011, 02:28 AM

Lilith laughed. "Don't worry about it. I shouldn't have left my stuff sitting around. It was rude of me. How about I buy you a drink to make up for being so rude?"

Iltu

Old 02-17-2011, 03:32 AM

Iltu blinked. Was Lilith laughing to help put her at ease? Or was she laughing at her? It was always so hard to tell! Choosing to believe the former, since Lilith did seem quite friendly, Iltu let herself relax a little.

"Oh, it's not rude," she said, reminding herself to smile a bit. The corners of her mouth turned up in a way she hoped was friendly. "You, um, don't have anything to make up for. Or anything," she finished lamely. "Thank-you, though! I mean, I'm grateful for the offer. That's very nice. Of you."

At this particular moment, she bit her tongue to prevent more maladroit babble.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-17-2011, 03:45 AM

"Hey us elves have to stick together. Well I still think I should get you something. If you don't want a drink that's fine. What would you like?" Lilith smiled friendly. She hoped she wasn't being to forward.

((by the way this is what I look like minus the mask right now))

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:18 AM

Zea smiled bashfully at Flink, yet again totally misunderstanding what the inn-keep meant. "Oh, of course. Well, uh, actually... I have no idea then. I'm not really good at these things..." she laughed easily, tightening the jacket around her waist as it had slipped slightly. "Well, looks like there's a cue growing..." Zea sighed, turning around to look at the quickly-filling inn. "I wouldn't want to keep any of your customers waiting and irratable." she continued on as she stepped to the left slightly, readdressing the serving staff. "Uh, I'm sorry but I didn't catch what you said about that apple cobbler?"

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-17-2011, 08:15 AM

((If the Bonus is still going, im aiming for the funniest post))

All was normal at Flink's. People were chatting and drinking and laughing, it was a good sight to see, people getting along and enjoying each others company so nicely.

A quick 'knock! knock! knock!' sounded at the door. For some strange reason the person hadnt opened it to enter as people usually did. Curiously, one of the wait staff went and opened the door, only to find no one there? Confused, they stepped out further, looking around for the person who had knocked. After a few moments, they shrugged and stepped back inside, closing the door again quietly and then going back to their task.

Moments later, the door sounded with another 'Knock! knock! knock!' and the same waiter headed to the door, this time more promptly, quickly opening the door with a smile for the person on the other side. And again, when they opened, no one was there? Poking their head out, the waiter looked around quickly for anyone outside, but could not see who it may have been that was knocking. As they closed the door, they looked back to Flink with a confused shrug and lingered by the door. Maybe they suspected children playing 'Ding Dong Ditch' where they would repeatedly knock or ring a door bell and then run away before the owner answered.

After several moments of silence, the waiter was about to walk away when there was another sharp 'knock! knock! knock!' at the door. Quick as a cat on a hot tin roof, the waiter turned and opened the door, another smile on their face, completely expecting to see the children running from the doorway in their game. But once more, there was no one there? They stepped out further this time, into the street itself, looking up and down its length a moment before reurning inside, still confused about who was knocking at the door.

As the employee turned to close the door a yelp of surprise could be heard from the far side of the room! The large floor length curtains that were bunched together were twitching about as though some one was inside them.

"What the heck sort of doorway is this?" a voice called out as the curtains rose out from the wall, held up by what looked like hands underneath them. They were pawed first one way, then another as the figure underneath tried to get out from under their heavy lengths. "Anyone would think you didnt want me to come in!" the voice called out after more struggling with the curtains, "First you dont answer when i knock, now youre trying to mummify me!" The confused employee looked at the door they were holding, clearly not sure what to make of the commotion under the curtains. They glanced quickly to Flink, who was watching also, and then shut the door quietly, turning back to watch what happened next.

Eventually the curtains opened up, but not before another surprised yelp was heard, and then out tumbled a very odd looking creature. Wearing a mismatched pattern of black and white and a similarly coloured jesters hat with three points ending in little skull beads, Sodom the Clown caught his fall and turned it into a roll, comming to a halt in a hand stand, his legs flipping about above him and his black and white cloak bunched about his shoulders haphazardly. With his black and white eyes he looked at the curtains he had just fallen from, his completely white face and black lips matching the rest of his contrasting black and white appearance.

"Well, this is interesting!" He said quizically, looking at the curtains. "Seems this place is upside down?" At which point, he turned himself around to look at everyone else in the Inn, and was shocked to see so many faces looking at him absurdly while hanging from the roof. "Ooorrrr... maybe im the one thats upside down?" he thought in a rhetorical sentence.

Nimbly, he flipped himself the right way up, his cloak falling over his head and covering his face as he stood. "OH GODS! IVE GONE BLIND!" he cried out, arms waving about for something to hold onto to get his bearings. He stumbled around for a moment then tripped over the back of a sofa, thankfully with no one in it, and fell over it, bouncing off the sofa seat and landing on the floor, once again catching himself in a roll and this time comming to a stand on his feet with his cloak off his head and able to see.

Getting down on both knees, he raised his hands to the roof and called out "Praise-a, the Lord-a!" like a gospel preacher at church, "I can see again! Its a miracle!" Then he noticed the sofa he had fallen over and gave it a dirty look like it was the sofas fault he had fallen. He stood again and mumbled something about the roof being a silly place to put a sofa in the first place, then turned around to look at the establishment he now found himself in.

He peered at the customers of the Inn, his one black eye with the white pupil and the one white eye with the black pupil quickly taking in lots of details and storing them in his muddled mind as he canted his head to one side oddly. "Hrm, strange folk in these parts i see..." he said to himself, as if he were completely normal, and his actions not at all out of place.

"I wonder what this place tastes like?" he said cheerily as the thought came to him radomly. And without waiting to even think about his actions, flipped onto his hands again and stuck out his tongue from between the black lips on his perfectly white face and lowered it to the floor, licking the floor boards. Not done though, he walked on his hands between the scattered tables and chairs and customers, dragging his tongue and his shoulder length white hair along on the floor as he went, collecting dust and fluff and dirt.

He was headed towards the bar, the barstools being the round backless kind that are bolted to the floor, which suited Sodom perfectly. Still 'tasting' the Inn, he arrived at a barstool and lowered his legs onto the seat, wrapping them around the legs of the stool itself, and then using his muscles to bring his top half swinging back upright again, his cloak falling back behind him casually this time.

"Cah ay geh a dwink pahweese?" he asked as politely as he could manage with fluff and dirt and hair stuck to his tongue in a thick coating.

Down At The Billabong
Drop Bears Hangout thread!
And my strength? Is that I have some!

Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 02-17-2011, 11:38 PM

((Haha. :heart: Read more about the bonus, hon. And the bonus are either PM'd to Flink or done in the actual Contest thread. Now if Flink can stop laughing long enough to post..))

Flink clapped her hands in silent glee, THIS was what she needed to stir things up! Something unexpected, she'd have to watch everyone's reaction to this fellow. She held her own laughter in check as her eyes followed the movements of the man on the floor. When he situated himself on a stool near her she waved the server off before addressing Sodom herself, "Depends on what you'd like. I've found that water washes floor crud off the best."

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 02-18-2011, 01:59 AM

Dorcas folded her wings neatly behind her as she walked down the road towards the inn. She had traveled for most of the day without much rest. As she approached the inn she hoped there wouldn't be many humans there. Quietly she entered the establishment and moved through the shadows towards the desk. For now I’ll just go ahead and get a room for the night, she thought to herself as she noted the variety of other patrons. Yes, this place would do to get a little rest before continuing on her way.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-18-2011, 02:37 AM

Lilith turned at the camotion and saw the strange looking man. Her eyes grew in shock at him licking the floor. Then gasped when he pulled himself on the stool. She knew something like that would take a great amount of strength. He really was amazing and weird. "Um... well... that was interesting."

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-18-2011, 02:40 AM

Sodom canted his head to one side, his straight white hair hanging out as he did. "Uhh, nuh! I wun yah beth wyne!" He says with a chuckle, choking on a piece of fluff for a moment before resuming the laughter again. He looked out around the Inn while he waited for the liquid to wash his mouth out with and then caught the eye of Lilith and winked at her, his tongue still covered in fluff and dirt and floor muck!

Iltu

Old 02-18-2011, 02:50 AM

"Oh, um, if you're going to insist..." Iltu said slowly, hesitant to seem greedy. "I could always get you something later! I... I'll just take the drink. I'll have a na... um, a ginger ale. Or, um, I guess I should tell the waitress, when she comes by, not, erm, you-" She was saved from her latest bout of awkward babble by the strange appearance of a rather eccentric looking clown.

She stared along with many others, mouth hanging open slightly and nose wrinkling in disgust as he dragged himself along the floor. "To say the least!" she agreed after Lilith spoke. "That was very unsanitary! Who knows how often they clean this floor?" She jumped a little when she saw the clown look over at their table. Iltu felt some relief once she realized his wink was not for her, but for Lilith. Still, she frowned and drew her head back a bit as if being another inch away made a difference, looking rather sickened by the state of his tongue.

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 02-18-2011, 02:53 AM

Flink snorted, but put a wine glass in front of the strange man. She had the server open the cork without incident and poured some of the dark purple liquid in the glass before pushing it closer to him. "House specialty." Resuming her seat behind the bar she made a few notes on one of the clip-boards, "You may want to try pick-up lines when you get your tongue cleaned off."

Flink frowned at the mention of cleaning her floor, they cleaned it twice a day. The place was one of the cleanest, which was saying something considering how much filth comes in the door every day.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-18-2011, 02:54 AM

Lilith laughed when the strange man winked at her. He might be a weird black and white man but he was kind of cute. "I'm sure it is bad but then again I've eaten some pretty weird and unclean things too. Iltu, I'll be right back. I'll go get the drinks." She stood up and walked over to the counter getting the attention of one of the servers. "Could I get a Root Bear and a Ginger Ale?" When the server turned to get the drink she turned to the strange man. "That was some show. Very nice. How about I buy your drink?"

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-18-2011, 03:19 AM

"Thank yew!" He said to Flink as he accepted the gift, having a mouthful of the fine wine and swilling it around before swallowing it. He smacked his lips together and raised the glass inspecting its contents. "Not a bad vintage... but it has a strange gritty texture to it, not sure why that is?" he said, musing his thoughts aloud. After a moment he put the drink down and turned away. He began to cough violently and after a few loud coughs, coughed up a reasonable sized hair ball full of dust and lint and hair and dirt. He tapped the back of his head, dropping the hair ball from his mouth into his waiting hand, and then as he turned back to the drink, placed the furball in his pocket and patted it happily. He looked at Lilith who had just arrived at the bar and smiled at her, saying "Got to feed the dust bunnies every now and then!"

He took another sip of drink and then nodded to Flinks suggestion. "I'll try it now, and i have to warn you, i have quite the way with women! I'm a real lady killer!" he said, though his voice changed slightly at the end, and one could never be 100% certain that he was joking when he said things like that...

Sodom turned to Lilith, placing his hands together on his lap and composing himself a moment before saying to her, "Madam, i shall try a pick up line on you, and afterwards, if you feel it worthy, you may buy me a drink, drug me, and do with me as you wish!" The entire time he was completely straight faced.

Without waiting for her answer he cleared his throat and said "I dont have a library card, but do you mind if i check you out?" And then he proceeded to look her up and down with great scrutiny, making 'ahh-ha' and 'ah-hum' noises as he pretended to notice this and that. When he inspected her face he leapt to his feet and grabbed her face in both his hands, exclaiming "HOLY COW! Your eyes might just be bluer than the water in my toilet!" before letting her go and sitting back down again like nothing had ever happened.

Canting his head backwards to glance at Liliths friend at the table, he racously called across the room to her "Dont worry sweet heart, ill get to you in a moment! Theres plenty of clown to go around and get rid of that frown!"

He then whipped his head back to looking at Flink and made a hand gesture while he said "SMOOOOOOOTH like a cactus eh?"

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 02-18-2011, 03:24 AM

"I was thinking you'd use something about being lost and asking if they'd take you home." She snorts, pouring herself a glass of wine so she can enjoy the show. She takes a small sip, closing her eyes at the taste, "I'm sure the grit was just from the sheer awesome of the wine." She nods to Lilith, and then the lady waiting on the drinks, "Completely smooth."

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-18-2011, 03:34 AM

"Oh would you? Thatd be swell!" Sodom said, clasping his hands together to his chest and batting his eye lashes at Flink whistfully. He held the pose a moment then burst out laughing and dropped it all together.

(OK ladies and germs, i have to disappear now, going to get my tattoo done, then probably out for drinks and catching a band tonight with mates! Later all!)

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 02-18-2011, 03:37 AM

Lilith froze and slowly came back to herself. "Well, first off I wouldn't need to drug you." She stuck her tongue out at him. "I'm too good for that. And about that pickup line. I think I enjoyed the first one much more then the line about my eyes being compaired to toilet water. And considering that look I rather doubt you need permission now. But sadly I don't think any of the lines are going to kill me. Sorry no lady killer lines yet." Lilith shrugged her shoulders then smiled.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 02-18-2011, 03:49 AM

((I totally thought I responded last night! Sorry KageShio: ))

"Oh? I can't legally drink yet but... you know? Who's going to know. I guess I'll have whatever you're having." Sara said, in a whisper, after a dramatic glance around. Sara leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms as she waited for him to come back.