Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 07-05-2013, 06:35 PM

I'm glad I brought my journal. We don't know when help is arriving, but it's important to keep yourself occupied during times like this. I'm happy to share my notes with everyone. Let me know if you spot anything of importance and maybe I'll make a note of it!

Excerpt from Lance's journalX

The sky in Duval was blue and dotted with little clouds, but by all accounts it was perfect flying weather. Everyone coming along boarded the airship and soon we were amidst the clouds. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. We saw dark clouds ahead, but they didn't seem to be particularly threatening. We didn't want to get caught in a storm though, so we altered our course a little. But it didn't work. Strong winds pushed the airship around violently and soon we were in the middle of the storm. The rain was heavy and poured in sheets. Thunder rumbled and shook us. Despite being in the air, it felt as though we were back on the rocky tides of the sea. Abel was doing his best to keep us stable and on course, using his magic. But then... lightning struck! It affected Abel's magic, making the airship spiral off course. He was able to regain his composure before we crashed which prevented us from being obliterated, thankfully. The lightning left part of the ship burned though and the abrubt landing further damaged it. Poor Abel is exhausted from having his magic interrupted by the lightning and then having to use so much of it to keep us from landing too hard. We kept in contact with Duval as we were flying so they should be aware of us getting caught in the storm and the lack of contact after that. Hopefully help arrives soon...

Lance M.
July 5th 2013

I hope this isn't Santa's vacation home.

Last edited by Lance; 07-11-2013 at 09:33 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 07-05-2013, 06:38 PM

We still haven't seen or heard any sign of Duval. The Duvalian captain that came with us tells me that after an hour or so of no contact, they send a fleet out. That's good news, but makes me wonder just how far we went off course. Having Abel's magic probably helped us move along quite a bit and they probably don't have magic's aid. I also hope the storm isn't giving them problems the way it did for us. Still, it's early in our crash and the ocean is vast. I'm sure we'll be found soon enough! In better news, the island pool discovered early on is proving to be a great relief and we were able to rummage through the crashed vessel to find picnic supplies so it's more like a lengthy picnic now! There are a number of peculiarities that have been found as well such as a strange artifact. The citizens, helpful as always, are working to identify it since Jeryck seems to have lost his dig kit in the midst of the crash. Others have begun searching the island for salvage. Hopefully they find enough both to help repair the airship and provide us with suitable means of constructing a shelter in case we are here for a while. It's always good to be prepared. I am glad no one suffered major injuries from the crash and despite the circumstances, everyone seems to be in high spirits.

Lance M.
July 8th 2013

Also, there seems to be no sign of him.

Last edited by Lance; 07-08-2013 at 07:05 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 07-05-2013, 06:40 PM

We aren't alone! It seems that while exploring a tide pool, searchers were startled to find a strange woman standing over them! She calls herself "Madame Rousseau" and has been apparently been here for quite some time. Though I'm not quite sure how much help we'll be getting from her. The good news is that since she's been here for a while and survived so far, surely we can too. Still it's nice to have the company of someone familiar with the island. She seems rather taken with Jeryck and that's providing a fine source of entertainment for everyone. Of course Jeryck acts shy, but I don't see him looking too hard for his dig kit anymore either! The picnic sets we found yesterday also provided us with a much needed boost of energy, but we seem to have gone through them faster than we meant to. The pool is providing us with a source of fresh water at least, but the plants and berries nearby will only hold us for so long. Now that we have Madame Rousseau with us, I've been hearing talks of going further into the jungle in search of suitable food and salvage. She may teach them how to properly capture a boar or catch fish. The citizens are very adventurous so I'm sure they'll enjoy it. Hopefully no one gets hurt in the exploration although I also hear that a few of our citizens have made a makeshift hospital. Even though we've experienced yet another crash, we are very lucky to have such resourceful people along. I wonder what skill I could learn.

Lance M.
July 9th 2013

Last edited by Lance; 07-09-2013 at 09:04 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 07-05-2013, 06:41 PM

The trek into the jungle was rather successful! Well for most. Jeryck was able to find his dig kit and a cache of items in decent condition was discovered: spyglasses, hooks, and maps. I'm unsure if Madame Rousseau knew of their existence, but given the number of items and their condition, I'm starting to wonder if others know of the island. Another group that went deeper into the jungle found a toolkit near a stream and lots of other hidden items. Unfortunately, they also encountered poison ivy so a few of them are suffering rashes. Hopefully they'll be okay since they are determined and have decided to keep searching. The discovery of more items definitely means people besides Madame Rousseau have been here. The Duvalian captain has roughly figured out where we are given the weather, stars, and currents. However, he also tells me that where he thinks we are, the Duvalian fleet has no record of islands being. Now knowing that and given all the items found, especially the peculiar items of seafaring people, I wouldn't be surprised if pirates know of the island. One of the maps we discovered has a big red X on it so I suspect we'll be venturing its way soon. We've been fruitful in our fishing and mastered the skill of hut construction so I believe we're well prepared!

Last edited by Lance; 07-11-2013 at 09:27 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 07-06-2013, 08:09 PM

*salutes* I'll be sure to let you know Captain Lance.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 07-06-2013, 08:13 PM

Lightning killed my magic. T_T

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-06-2013, 08:22 PM

And Abel's! Oh no. But us people without magic will do our duty now! Being resourceful!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 07-06-2013, 09:35 PM

I think we're all cursed with bad luck. any vacations we take tend to get disrupted..

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-06-2013, 09:47 PM

Sounds like Abel put a lot of effort in keeping us safe. I hope he's resting. ; w;

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 PM

Yes i do to. That would be a good award for him. he should go to the island pool get a drink and rest. We'll make him a nice soft bed inside the cave we're chilling in.

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 07-06-2013, 11:10 PM

i will do as best as i can to keep up with all of the info, I am always fascinated with people journal

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-06-2013, 11:12 PM

Poor Abel! If I can do anything to help him get better, I will do it!

Risque
bing chilling

Old 07-06-2013, 11:24 PM

Why couldn't we crash land on Isle de Cacoa? D:<

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-06-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque View Post
Why couldn't we crash land on Isle de Cacoa? D:<
I want chocolateeee

Risque
bing chilling

Old 07-06-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I want chocolateeee
Yeah, all this shipwrecking business is making me thirsty for a choco fountain.

Wouldn't wanna get dehytdrated, ya'know.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 12:20 AM

Abel?
Where is he hiding at?
I haven't seen him in a while.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 04:55 AM

Oh my...this sounded scary!

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 07-07-2013, 05:40 AM

Does this mean the ice show is canceled?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 01:53 PM

Well he needs his rest, so he's sleeping in the cave where we made him a comfortable bed at the island pool camp.

and i wouldn't want to be on a chocolate island. To much chocolate, even the smell makes me sick,. ..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 07-07-2013, 08:46 PM

choclate is good 'nods' gotta loves it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 10:37 PM

*spots gold amount as was about to make face at chocolate even though she was eating chocolate pudding* OMG . i have almost 10k?!?

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 03:55 AM

'poofs into thread' hows everyone doing?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 02:57 PM

Pretty good.

To Lance -
We have found an island Pool with fresh water than can be drank. And set up a base of operations, there is a cave behind the small waterfall that has been being used as shelter while we try to build another shelter with what we can find from the airships wreckage. Menewshans have bonded together to scavenge for edible plants, and berries. As well as the discovery that their are wild boars that are edible, and some very tasty fish that can be caught.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 05:54 PM

I thought the wreckage from the airship would be used to repair the airship. D:
Mm, I want to try boar meat~ = w=

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 06:32 PM

Who knows? :O