Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 11-02-2015, 05:30 PM

To any newcomers: The tour has started, but you can still try to catch up. By try I mean, try not to get lost in this huge place. ;)

Current location: Room number One on the first floor in the right wing.

(Note: The photos displayed here are actually of Waverly Hills, an old hospital in Louisville, KY said to be haunted. I live about an hour away from this place and have been there.)

Welcome to The Haunted Asylum! It's dark, spooky, and full of those who died, but never left.

This asylum housed the regular mental patients along with those considered criminally insane. Violent murderers and lunatics were also residents in this asylum.

The doctors here performed experimental medical procedures hoping to cure the insane, but nearly all the procedures failed. Some were very unethical.

After an enraged patient escaped his quarters, he proceeded the unluck the rooms of his "friends", other crazed criminals that had one similar goal, to kill the doctors and nurses that treated them daily.

Once they were finished with the bodies, the patients then through them down the body chute, which was normally used to throw the bodies of dead patients away.

Time went by and eventually all went quiet inside the asylum. What happened? No one really knows..and some say the crazed spirits still wander the halls and sometimes you can hear the screams from miles away..

NOW, here you are! You and a group have been given an exclusive tour of the inside. The first tour ever! You are excited and hoping to catch a glimspe of a ghost or two! However.... what you don't know is that once you go in, you probably won't be coming back out!

Anyway, this is just a simple rp. What exactly are we posting about? You are walking around this spooky place and can encounter ghosts and create your own stories. (Example: You and someone else walks into room 407 - there's writing all over the wall, crazy writing that makes no sense, Your flashligh starts flickering, you bang on it - it goes out. When you get it to come back on, a rocking chair in the corner of the room has begun to move..)

Lets just have fun with this! Be creative and enjoy yourselves! Make a great scary story out of this. :) It doesn't have to be fancy or long posts. It cna be simple and quick if you'd like!

I shall start:

I was super excited about entered the legendary asylum. I've been waiting for weeks and now the doors were finally opening and the tour guide was leading the small group inside. We all had flashlights, for no lights had actually been set up inside the asylum, which made this that much more spooky! I was nearly shaking with both fear and excitement!

Last edited by Velvet; 11-05-2015 at 07:15 AM..

Miscreant74
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Before following Velvet into the Asylum. I figure its best to check the batteries in the flashlights to make sure they all work.
Good only 2 of them need to have batteries replaced. It was a good thing someone thought to bring some extra batteries.

Velvet if you are shaking so much you might want to put on a jacket.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 11-02-2015, 06:37 PM

I turn to see who is talking to me, "Miscreant, I'm not cold. Just excited."

The entryway is dark except for the beams from the flashlights. It was incredibly quiet inside as well. The walls were old and in some places holes had been chewed from rats and other creepy crawlers. The tour guide began explaining that there was a couple of coolers to our left with bottles of water if we needed them. It was a long tour.

Miscreant74
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2015, 07:19 PM

Grabs an extra bottle.
Velvet, It never hurts to have some water.
Wonder when the rest of the tour group will arrive.
Any idea who else might be coming on the tour?
star2000shadow: Are you up for a little tour today?

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 11-02-2015, 07:35 PM

"I was wondering the same thing." Starts packing a couple of water bottles into my bag. "Lets see.. I packed a few extra batteries, my camera, phone, the water bottles, a bag of chips and a sandwich.." I sigh and zip the bag up, "I hope we can get this tour started soon! I'm already hungry and we are getting the full tour of the entire building.. There are four full floors plus the attic and basement areas and also a tower area. Rumor has it that there are even secret rooms still to be discovered!"

dragoness129: Would you like to join the tour?

Miscreant74
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2015, 08:40 PM

Wifey!! Damia Flagg:
Where are you?
It's time to tour the asylum.
I've got you a flashlight & some water.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 11-02-2015, 09:25 PM

Uh Sure Miscreant74
'looks around uncertiantly'
Should warn you my feet are killing me, I walked a mile this morning, then went grocery shopping, so their not up for much walking.

Miscreant74
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2015, 09:38 PM

Star, you can have a seat while we wait on the rest of the tour group to show up.
Remember to grab a flashlight and a couple of bottles of water.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 11-02-2015, 10:00 PM

'does so and shoves them into her purse' thank you 'plops down on a nearby bench. slipping shoes off to relieve pressure.' so how'd your day go?

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 11-02-2015, 10:26 PM

"Welcome, Star! We will probably start this tour soon! If anyone else shows up they may have to catch up or wait in the lobby until we make our first cricle of the lower right wing..That's what the tour guide said, anyway."

I take a seat next to Star and wait.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-03-2015, 01:12 AM

Waaaiaiiiiit!

Is heard wailing in the distance as an over encumbered Neph wobbles up to the group being formed. Her bag was full of all kinds of electronic dodads and batteries. She had been a sceptic ever since her cousins tricked her as a girl with their spooky Halloween jokes. She wanted to document the scientific evidence as proof nothing out of the normal was going on in these halls. She would keep her bias to herself for fear of being the odd man out in the group of what likely was a bunch of suckers.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-03-2015, 01:16 AM

((happy halloweenie!))

Miscreant74
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-03-2015, 01:40 AM

digs around and finds a headlamp and puts it on Neph's head
Neph, you look like your carrying a lot of stuff there.
Do you need all that stuff?
Well at least this way you won't have to try and carry a flashlight.

Hello Hummy.
Here have a couple of bottles of water and a flashlight the tour should be starting sometime soon.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 11-03-2015, 02:51 AM

The tour guide answers her phone, "Got it, great." She ends the call and turns towards the group. "Time to start the tour, folks! Are you ready? I must inform you that I, myself, have never actually been in here. I have studied the maps and know the history of this asylum, however." She clears her throat, "This is known as Silverfalls Asylum. It was established in 1858 as a place for those who were no longer in their right mind." The tour guide gestures to the right wing, "Now if you recall from your brochures, we will be visiting the right wing of Silverfalls first. Just the first floor and then we will makes our way up the next 3 flights of stairs. Remember, stay close and watch for weak spots... And of course, watch for ghosts!" She flashes a smile and begins to walk through the large doubledoors that lead to the right wing, "Do you all know what this wing was primarily used for? No? Well, this wing is mostly rooms for the patients! Isn't that just exciting! Now, you all were selected on your different... abilities based on the applications. Paranormal lovers, nonbelievers, scientists, we went through it all. And please recall, you all also signed a contract that stated that we are in no way responsible for any harm, scares, or whatever else that might befall you in here because you were warned of the dangers considering that this place has remained completely sealed up until this point. That's right folks, we are the first people to step foot in this place in a hundred years. It's been untouched by the outside world for THAT long. So keep that in mind! Now follow me."

Velvet smiled and slung her backpack over her shoulders and followed the tour guide, "I'm so excited!" She was here for science, though she also loved the paranormal.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-03-2015, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miscreant74 View Post
digs around and finds a headlamp and puts it on Neph's head
Neph, you look like your carrying a lot of stuff there.
Do you need all that stuff?
Well at least this way you won't have to try and carry a flashlight.

Hello Hummy.
Here have a couple of bottles of water and a flashlight the tour should be starting sometime soon.

Why thank you, Miscreant =3

Miscreant74
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-05-2015, 01:06 AM

Velvet: Wait up!!
I can believe we are the first people to step foot in here for over a hundred years, look at all that dirty.

watches as something crawls across the floor

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 01:13 AM

"Hurry up! You're gonna miss it all and get lost!"

The tour guide rambles on, "This is room number one. The very first patient housed in it was named Louis Haldermen. He was sent here for his tendacies to lash out unexpectedly. Rumor has it that within a week of being here he actually suddenly attacked three nurses that were tending to him. Afterwards he was constantly being put into straight jackets.."

The room before them was dark, the air cold as ice and the furniture turned over, the mattress on the bed was rotting and covered in filth. Suddenly a squeaking could be heard from the dark corner of the room.

"Wh..what's that??" Velvet asked nervously.

Miscreant74
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-05-2015, 02:35 AM

It's nothing. Probably just the wind.
Do you want to go a little closer to find out?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 02:38 AM

((good luck Miscreant and Vellie!))

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 03:04 AM

Nephila struggles with her backpack and manages to get out a small device. She starts waving it slowly at first then faster.
"Well that doesn't even make sense" She thought to herself. She continued taking readings and walking slowly. Not much mind was paid to the world around her as usual it was all about the readings. She continued on unaware of how 'alone' and vulnerable she actually was.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 03:42 AM

I'm late!
Why does this always seem to happen?

* rushes into the building after picking up a couple of bottles of water & a flashlight left for her by Miscreant with a little note *

Good the flashlight works.

* begins to read the note & bumps into something & looks up to see what *

Sorry Nephila:!
I didn't mean to. I was just sort of distracted.
Do you know which way the others went?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 07:09 AM

looks for Nephila

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 07:11 AM

(The tour guide will soon be...disposed of and we shall be on our own. Also, the front doors will soon be locked with no way of getting out, BUT anyone that happens to wander in late can still enter, only for the door to lock behind them.)

"That's odd.." The tour guide laughs a little nervously, "Must be the rats. Ugh, I really do not like rats, but it's part of the job! Shoo..shoo!" She begins waving her flashlight at the corner the noise was coming from, but nothing was there.

"Sure.." Velvet moved a bit closer and stared at the corner of the room. "There isn't anything there. And there isn't any wind in here, Miscreant..."

numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-05-2015, 07:42 AM

Numerica arrives late, and is surprised to find the door closed. She checks to make sure her flashlight is working, and that her phone is in her purse. She turns it off, as it would be rude to have it start ringing in the middle of the tour. She checks the door, and the handle turns easily. Walking in, she calls out "Hello, is anyone still here?"

There is a sound down one of the darkened hallways, and Numerica turns her flashlight on, and aims it that way, stepping away from the door, which slams shut behind her. Numerica turns back to the door as she hears the lock click shut, and tries futilely to open it.

Miscreant74
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-05-2015, 12:04 PM

moved closer to the noise with Velvet.

I think you said something about a camera. Try to use it and see if there is anything else there.
Sometimes cameras are a great way to see stuff our eyes can't.