ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 09-26-2016, 04:12 AM

Okay, so I have a lot of extremely odd fears, but one of them is killing spiders. I am afraid that when I kill a spider, more of them will come after me in armies and eat me in my sleep. I just see waves of spiders coming up the walls and out from under by bed and eating me. I don't know, but this is a legitimate fear of mine. Usually, I don't kill spiders, I have someone kill them for me. Or, if the spider is not harming anything and is far enough away, I leave it alone. It's like a silent agreement to leave me alone.

THEN THERE WAS THIS FREAKIN' GUY.

I saw something jump on my desk. THIS WAS A JUMPING SPIDER. He was jumping towards me and I freaked out. I couldn't call any roommates because they're all sleeping. I jumped out of the way an he jumped on the ground. I dropped a book on him. I think he's dead? But, if he is, his family is probably going to have me for my next meal. If he's not, he's going to kill me in revenge. I'm scared. It's midnight and I have to be up at 6 for classes. I don't know if I'm going to sleep tonight. ;a;

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 09-28-2016, 04:55 PM

I have that same fear! NO JOKE!

I HATE killing things because I get worried that their siblings or their little bug families are going to come for revenge.

I seriously hate killing anything. I just hate it so much.

I have loads of weird fears. I also am scared of things with loads of little holes. Like, one time I was shoveling snow and the snow dripped from the roof and made loads of little holes in the snow on the ground and it just made me so scared I got angry and beat the shit out of the snow with my shovel.

cath in color

Old 09-28-2016, 07:17 PM

Possums. I know that they're like the cleanest of all animals and everything but they freak me out. They look like giant demon rats from the underworld. There's a family of them living in the field/trees behind my house and every time I see them I spaz out.

ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 09-29-2016, 06:27 PM

Ava: I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE! Everyone always teased me for it! They were like, "Lexx, that can never happen," and I'm just like, "SD;LKFJASD;LFKJASDF"

And I, also, do not like little wholes. They make me feel weird and uncomfortable. But, I also hella fear horses. I don't really know why. I mean, I have a couple theories, but nothing solid.

Cath: The only opossums I have seen are dead ones on the side of the road. I know, morbid, but that's all I know. I've never seen a live one up close ;a; But that sounds scary!!

CookieMonstahh
Ohai~ o3o

Old 10-07-2016, 01:39 PM

My main phobia is trypophobia, which is actually the fear of little holes like in someone's skin or something. So I am with you guys on the holes thing, if there is like a surface covered in holes, it freaks me out and I get all itchy and physically uncomfortable.

ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 10-15-2016, 07:21 PM

I do too! I can't stand little holes. Sometimes, when I'm in the shower, the water will make little bubbles and it makes me uncomfortable with the way it looks!!

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-15-2016, 11:52 PM

I am afraid of spiders but I think it's one of the most common fears.

Most of my family is afraid of cats and/or rabbits. My husband and I have a cat so we put a sign on our door after an argument with family letting them know that we're not locking up any of our furbabies for them during their stay. I know it's bad hosting but I get seriously annoyed when people ask me to cater to them in my own home, so.. I don't. Just like I don't expect others to cater to me in theirs.

I don't have trypophobia. If I look at a lotus pod, cluster of bubbles, swiss cheese, or any of the other common occurances of cluster of holes. Those don't bother me at all. HOWEVER, when people photoshop textures like those onto skin it bothers me because then it becomes something reminiscent of a parasite. Parasites freak me out. I can watch any movie in the world that's horror and it's all well and good. Sort of (I actually hate most horror movies because they're predictable to me). But if I so much as see a clip of Alien with a chestburster or the worms in The Strain I am done.

ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 10-16-2016, 04:54 PM

It's understandable! I keep my cat locked up in my rooms because my roommate is allergic to him, but upstairs is huge, so he has plenty of room to run around. Hahaa.

I don't like the photoshop textures either, they make me uncomfortable and I can't look at them for long. I love horror films. I'm on a quest to find one that actually scares me because nothing does? Moviewise, at least. Jumpscares don't even get me. Though, As Above, So Below shook my core a little bit. The whole equivalent exchange thing. Alchemy and all that? I don't play with that stuff. I'd like to thank FMA for that. Haha.

Viveka
:3

Old 10-17-2016, 11:55 PM

I am afraid of maggots. I suppose that's not really a weird fear, though. I know that maggots are actually really useful, especially in medicine, but they just look so ... wrong.

All leftovers in my fridge have to be eaten or tossed within 3 days because I'm so afraid of opening up a container of old food only to find bugs or maggots. It's never happened to me (I'm not even sure they can survive in the fridge, to be honest) but just thinking about it right now is making me a little panicky :/

When I was younger I used to be terrified of escalators. I couldn't use one or I would start shaking and hyperventilating. Too many Internet horror stories about escalators "eating" people/trapping their shoes, I think.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 10-20-2016, 06:32 PM

Fish that I can't see.
I don't like swimming in dark, murky, deep water because I know there's shit swimming out there but where the hell is it!? I DON'T KNOW!
Give me clear water and a shark. Pssht, whatever I can swim in that because... there it is. I can see it clearly and I can see it doing its thing while I'm doing mine. Totally fine with that.

ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 10-22-2016, 04:30 AM

Vi: omfg yeah. Maggots are insanely gross. I haven't encountered them enough to have a fear though. I was watching a movie Ghost Ship and they have this scene with maggots and I almost died. They're so gross and the way they move it's just...eugh. Gross. So, it's a perfectly acceptable fear.
I'M ALSO REALLY SCARED OF ESCALATORS. I clutch onto the side very hard because I'm scared of falling. I do not like them and avoid them at all costs.

Cat: That's also really scary! Though, I love swimming in this one river by my hometown, but anywhere else, I freak out! I think something is going to pull me under and that's always a really scary thought!!

fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 10-25-2016, 03:36 AM

I have the same exact fear LongCat!

I also don't like places I can't clearly see - like my garage. It has this weird hole in the ceiling so I won't go in there because I am irrationally terrified that spiders and a homeless man are going to jump out on my head.

And I'm ok with spiders because we have an agreement. They leave me alone and I leave them alone. So yesterday this big spider that had been chilling in my room for 3 days gets discovered by my husband who freaks out and wants me to kill it... but I couldn't kill it because we had an agreement and I didn't want to go back on my word. I ended up catching it in a jar and letting it free outside because I didn't know what else to do. I was afraid if I killed it all the spiders would know I was a liar and they wouldn't uphold their end of the agreement...