zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-12-2017, 11:40 PM

The votes have been tallied and the Japanese Teahouse theme was our winner for the upcoming CI!

Now I have another mission for you all...

Let's help wishie create it!

Post pictures of items, scenery, etc. in this thread to help inspire our pixelist wishie and give her ideas and references!
I'm thinking...paper screens, traditional tea instruments, floor cushions...let your imagination run wild and post your ideas here!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-12-2017, 11:42 PM

Little sakora sweets on a pretty little Japanese plate
I'm on my cell phone but I'll get a picture at ASAP

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-12-2017, 11:50 PM

A few hours south of where I live is a place called Morikami Japanese Gardens. I go about once a year with my best friend because it's just so stunning. They do a tea ceremony there as well which is always really neat to partake in. Here are some photos of my latest trip to Morikamo for inspiration:

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 11-12-2017 at 11:53 PM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-12-2017, 11:52 PM

The first picture shows the Japanese ceremonial tea service correct? Did you attended, Maria? Isn't it amazingly Zen like? That place looks awesome I love it!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-12-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

The first picture shows the Japanese ceremonial tea service correct? Did you attended, Maria? Isn't it amazingly Zen like? That place looks awesome I love it!
That is correct Hummy :) We got to watch and they would explain what was happening. Then they let us try the tea after the ceremony was over. IT was so incredible!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-12-2017, 11:59 PM

Oh I'm so happy you guys got to experience it. I just love the Japanese culture. I'm not a fan of the frothy green tree tea but I am sitting here drinking some Jasmine green tea. It is a beautiful ceremony.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-13-2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

Oh I'm so happy you guys got to experience it. I just love the Japanese culture. I'm not a fan of the frothy green tree tea but I am sitting here drinking some Jasmine green tea. It is a beautiful ceremony.
I just LOVE matcha - I make matcha tea at home. So the bitter, thick tea they serve was actually really delicious to me. My best friend hated it though XD

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 11-13-2017, 06:31 AM

Matcha is delish! I went a solid week () drinking exclusively matcha at work when I was trying to curb my coffee consumption. Deeply earthy and yummy! I switched back to coffee pretty quickly, though, but not because of the flavor.

I'd love it if this CI somehow blended both the traditional Japanese teahouse aesthetic and maybe a more modern Tokyo flare - I'm thinking, somehow, neon lights or avant-garde, modern fashion-y stuff in addition to the traditional. I just find Japanese culture to be an excellent collision of tradition versus modernism/futurism...

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-13-2017, 04:18 PM

just some thoughts
might have more later :P

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 11-13-2017, 09:44 PM

Bonsai trees!!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 11-14-2017, 02:37 AM

Well, some images I like:

That last ones are really just Japanese architecture.. Maybe for extra inspiration?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-15-2017, 01:49 PM

Meh I'm not sure how users would feel about me suggesting things for this since I'm staff...

But I feel like we have a lot of these sorts of background elements in CI's already. "Oriental garden"&"Sacred Forest"&"Sacred Forest blossom season"

So for me I'd love to see something different. Something more tea/food item based than the setting itself.

Like Cat Cafes! I know their very different than traditional stuff. I just like the idea of a giant "CATuccino" or a Matcha Matching outfit.

I'd also like to see something done with Japanese sweets as inspiration. They're so cute you feel bad eating them!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d7/dd/ee/d...weet-stuff.jpg

http://www.hiraganatimes.com/wp/wp-c...201304-1-1.jpg

https://gurunavi.com/en/japanfoodie/...01_Wagashi.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/XA8PpVRT7aHKM/giphy.gif

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-16-2017, 02:22 AM

Oooh, that's an excellent idea Nephila!

I follow an artist on tumblr who makes lots of adorable arts with foxes and teas/coffee:

https://www.google.com/search?client....0.SndhYwnJnN4

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 11-16-2017, 02:37 AM

I absolutely love the cat cafe concept, since they're on an upward trend globally (my city just got our first one last month, in fact!), and it ties well into my itching for something more... modern. I definitely feel like we have enough items that can cobble together a solid Japanese teahouse vibe, but it's a pretty tried and true aesthetic by itself.

Now this might be out of left field/totally tough to incorporate in a pixel form, but it might also be cool to do some kind of riff on the Taiwanese poop-themed restaurant craze, while we're at it?! Perhaps this is diverging enough into its own CI territory, but I don't recall us having a toilet pose/background yet, right? I'm still catching up on items since I've been away for so long, but I definitely know it wasn't in that bath-themed CI...

Anyway... I'm always a fan of CIs/EIs/items as a whole that don't easily fit into one aesthetic category, personally, so I may be a loner there... Plus I love potty humor, 'cause I'm garbage.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 11-16-2017, 06:02 AM

I'm with Neph on this. My first thought was also that many of the suggestions are already in those CI's she listed.

I think that poses we don't already have are important. Like ziggy said, paper screens, floor cushions. Maybe those trays they have on the ground with all the food in them.

Click on thumbnail for full view

I think having options with the doors closed and open would be neat. Maybe open ones can have a pretty garden background and then one where it is blank so that we can improvise with our own backgrounds? But having the doors/wall being their own pose, so that we can match it with whatever we want. Such as not having it attached to a floor option. Does that make sense? Here's some ideas, and variable other window looks

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

Oh! And maybe those beautiful round windows they have!

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

And parasols please!! We do not have enough pretty, dainty umbrella poses. I would love some pretty ones that are actually being used. But the traditional japanese parasol would be pretty in a variety of settings.

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

And bridge, bridge, bridge!! They are so beautiful and I really wish we had one One we can stand on, and one in the background.

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

Even a small shrine could be lovely. Not the big one that we already have in Oriental Garden.

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view And this example won't load an image.

Last edited by Suona; 11-16-2017 at 06:11 AM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 11-18-2017, 07:00 PM

i agree with Nephy! it'd be nice to see dim sum too... although, i think that's chinese :x
here's a couple pics anyway:

and then, i'd really like to see a tea kettle and cups on a short table either in the background or on the L & R sides. maybe with floor pillows too...

ooh! and it'd be cool to see flowers in a vase that could go on the table too!

also, there's this trend of putting succulents in teacups. that'd be cute.

or just succulents in general:

Last edited by ghostPastry; 11-18-2017 at 07:12 PM..

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 11-19-2017, 10:29 AM

Also agree with Nephi. Cat items please omg. Catcha (cat matcha) would be sooo cute with a cat face

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 11-19-2017, 08:14 PM

I agree with little tables and cushions.

I'm so excited for this CI! :D Can't wait to see what wishie does.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-22-2017, 12:37 PM

Ooh, a parasol would be really nice. But how would we make that work on mene's base?
I hate the whole folded umbrella stuff that just holds in our hands and has no option to be open. D:

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 11-22-2017, 05:29 PM

If you look up umbrella in the marketplace you'll see all the ones we have already, including parasols with several equip options. They could be like that.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-23-2017, 05:55 AM

Oh yeah. Those. Did they ever fix the layering on those?

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 11-23-2017, 06:14 AM

I don't own any, so I wasn't aware there was layering issues. Therefore, I'm honestly not sure if they have been changed.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-23-2017, 01:25 PM

The only layering issue I am aware of with that CI was the rain appearing to be "inside" when using windows, etc. which was fixed.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 11-23-2017, 06:10 PM

Oh, I didn't think she was referring to the CI. I thought the parasols.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-24-2017, 03:31 AM

Ooh, I was thinking of the umbrellas from the rain CI. XD