Elidor
Thief

Old 09-28-2009, 08:10 AM

Why was it already that day? The day that they were to meet their new husbands? Nayara winced at the thought and her expression was immediately revolted. The solemn, bitter words hung in the air with a foul taste in her mouth. She stood, actually trembling before her sister's door. The sun had only recently rose and dark circles lay clear on her lower sagging eyelids. Not one minute of the previous night had been spent resting on Nayara's part. She stood shakily, her hand reaching toward the door knob but she paused, a look of hysteria on her features. Why couldn't the gods have listened to her, just once? They never did, and she prayed to both Sepher and Sephryn countless times.

Perspiration rolled down the back of her neck and Nayara swallowed. A tremor ran through her body and carefully, she forced a step forward. Why was she so scared? ... Probably because she had to wake up her sister and explain that again, no one had listened to her plea. The elders did not even do much as flutter an eyelash. She dug a tooth into her lip, growling lowly and her hand slowly gripped the cold metal in her shaky hand. She had to tell her sister, not only was it that no one listened but also that they ran out of time. The pair couldn't even run away now. Well, they could try but fail miserably. Out of their entire family, two sisters had been chosen. Two had been lucky enough to remain beside each other, but now were being forced apart by war. Never to see each other again...

Nayara finally shoved open the door and stared over toward her sister's sleeping figure. Trying her best to maintain composure, Nayara walked and fell to her knees beside her sister's resting body. Trying to stop shaking. War between three powerful family names... and because of it this was not only the day they met their future husbands but their last day with one another. The day that seemed like their gods had abandoned them as did their own relatives. Sighing, Nayara held back bitter tears as she shook her sister gently awake.

Sindri Suncatcher

Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 AM

((Ah, well, can't figure out how to delete this, so alas it must stay. I know better next time.))

((That was in all honesty a beautiful post. The love of two sisters . . . Give me time to come up with a reply that is suitable to the continuation of this role play. I'm however, keeping the name Paris for my character, due to my reasoning it would only take more time to come up with a name for her.))

Last edited by HamletSpamlet; 10-23-2009 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: double post

Elidor
Thief

Old 10-16-2009, 07:09 AM

((Paris is a nice name, and watch out for double posting Sindri. Next time instead, go back and edit your previous post. Don't worry, I'll notice if you do. They just don't allow double posting here.))

Sindri Suncatcher

Old 10-17-2009, 12:01 AM

"Mmm," Paris mumbled, her long eyelashes fluttering as she stirred awake, "Nayara?" She stretched, sitting up in bed, her pink nightgown flowing lightly with her movements. "Do you wish to have breakfast outside today? On the veranda?" Her dark eyes glimmered as her face lit up with a bright smile. "I'll make you your favorite." She rose from her bed graciously, and moved to open the drapes, allowing the rays of sunshine to light up her hazy room, unaware of the news her sister dreaded to share with her and perhaps avoiding it herself.