---

---

---

---

---

Name :: Jake Ryans

Role :: The Jackass

Image ::

Last edited by in.luv.wit.u; 03-23-2011 at 10:25 PM..

Mad Hatters Revenge
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2011, 10:57 PM

Name: Lillian Namara

Role: The Sweetheart

Image:

in.luv.wit.u
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-24-2011, 02:57 AM

The Dungeon Lady.

That's what he called the professor of his writing class.

A fitting name for such a horrible woman.

The first C he had ever gotten in his entire life -- and it was in a writing class for Pete's sake! A writing class! Was there no justice in the world? This was supposed to be the easiest class he had ever taken, and yet it was the only class that he was so close to failing. There were only two exams left -- no extra credit, no minor assignments, no nothing. If he didn't pass the two exams, he wouldn't be able to get an A, or at least a high B.

Needless to say, his grades were very important to him.

And the Dungeon Lady actually had the audacity to suggest a tutor for him! A TUTOR?! The Jake Ryans -- tutored by somehow below him? He oughtta have punched her or stabbed her in the eye or -- or -- eaten her lunch or something. The Jake Ryans does not get tutored. By anyone.

Oh, god.

With his stubborn pride, he really was going to fail, wasn't he?

Where was his miracle?! It had better be around the corner!

Mad Hatters Revenge
*^_^*

Old 03-24-2011, 03:58 AM

The one thing everyone said about Lillian was that she was nice. It was the one thing people either loved or completely hated about her. Some girls even taking their hatred so far to try insulting and picking fights with her, but no matter what anyone ever said or did, she never stopped being nice to people.

This also made her a large push over, it was almost impossible for her to say no. It got her at more parties than she probably would’ve gone to on her own, though she never drank too much and she refused to try any drugs that man made, she had to inject into her system or snort up her nose. Those things were just too much for her to ever be convinced to try, and no one seemed bothered by it.

Wanting to help people, and never being able to say no was the reason she was waiting in the library for her tutor. The teacher had forgotten to give her the students information, so she was hoping that he at least had hers, and that he would show up on time. Today all they had to do was set up a schedule, meeting places and she’d take a look at some of his work from earlier in the year and let him know what basics to work on until they met up again. How often she’d have to meet up with him would depend on where his writing was now, and how hard he worked to make it where he needed it to be.

Sighing, she hit a button on her cell phone to check the time, he wasn’t late yet, but in about five minutes he would be, sipping at her soda she took a bite out of her cherry laffy taffy and waited patiently.

in.luv.wit.u
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-24-2011, 04:14 AM

There was that mousy girl. Jake leaned against a bookshelf, watching the girl that was supposed to be his mentor. She wasn't cute, but she wasn't bad - looking either. Now that he actually had the time to stop and stare at her, he recalled having a couple of other classes with her. Hm. He never remembered her saying anything in all that time, but that might've been because he sat with his own friends and payed more attention to them than what was going on around him.

With a sigh, he crossed the distance and reached out to snatch up her soda so that he could take two deep gulps.

Taking the seat across from her, Jake kicked up his legs onto the table, not caring about the rules of the library and whatnot. If he was going to be stuck there with this annoying chick (who wasn't even wearing anything to keep his eyes glued on her -- boring), he might as well get comfortable. Something told him he'd be there for a long time.

Jake slid a folder toward her; inside was a prompt and some papers and a pen.

"I have an idea. How about you just write my essay for me and we'll call it a day?"
he suggested with a smirk. "The time spent here is shortened. You can go...do whatever it is you do in your spare time (save puppies or visit old people, I dunno) and I get my needed A for this assignment. We walk away happy people. Capiche?"

Mad Hatters Revenge
*^_^*

Old 03-24-2011, 04:36 AM

Jumping a bit in shock she almost yelled at the stranger, until she realized who it was. Jake was in some of her classes, and he had to be one of the only people in those classes she could not stand very much of. He was showing perfect examples of why she couldn't stand him. Sighing, she kept her temper in check, and as he sat down she carefully leaned across the table and snatched her soda away. "First of all, I don't mind sharing, but you'll show some decency and receive my permission before taking something of mine." Sitting down, she shoved his feet off the table so she could pull the folder in front of her, looking over the papers, seemingly not interested in what he was saying.

Part of her wanted to point out that if she wrote his essay, she wouldn't be able to dumb herself down enough to sound like him and the teacher would know he cheated. So she sighed, looking at the red covered papers before placing them back in the folder and closing it. Tugging a notebook and a pen out of her bag, she jotted some things down on a blank sheet of paper. "Sorry, but you know I can't just write it for you, then you couldn't really get an A would you? Here's a list of times I'm available, I prefer to do this sessions at my place, it's right off campus and if you don't have a car I can pick you up and drive you back home." She said, clearly a line she'd said multiple times. Finishing, she slid the list over to him before starting to write on another piece of paper.

"For starters, your grammar is sloppy, it's not awful, but it shows that you aren't trying at all. I want you to correct the three short stories with the corrections your teacher already marked, and then write a new one, about whatever you want." She said, smiling as if it seemed like the best thing he could possible do tonight. "Then I'll have a better idea of how you write, and I can help you find ways to write better. Any questions?" She asked, slipping a pack of gum out of her pocket and popping one into her mouth before setting the pack in front of her on the table.

in.luv.wit.u
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-25-2011, 12:42 AM

He eyed the soda she had snatched back, frowning slightly. It tasted pretty good, and he was very thirsty; maybe when she let her guard down once more, he'd steal it again. His feet were pushed off the table, but when she grabbed his papers, he lifted his legs in an act of irritated rebellion and rested it right back in the same position, closer to her this time just to irritate her.

"Permission?"
he tilted his head to the side and raised an eyebrow in mock confusion. "I've never heard of that word before."

He watched her curiously as she examined his papers, probably amazed at how ridiculously lame they were. She seemed like the overly nice type, a pushover, someone he could walk all over. Those types of people pissed the crap out of him. His opinion of her was reinforced when she started her retort with a, "Sorry." Wow.

Feeling the thirst come back, he once more reached for her soda, deciding that he would drink the rest since she seemed so content on chattering like a monkey.

"Sounds like a rehearsed line."
Jake scoffed at the unoriginality and the precision of the words. "You do this a lot, huh, Daisy?" he asked, shifting himself into a more comfortable position -- thus scooting his feet further in her direction. "How could I not get an A if you wrote it? Would you purposely write something half-assed. Well, then we'd be back in this very situation again, and I don't know about you, Daisy, but I've got better things to be doing than to be hanging out in this exciting library with you."

He ignored her directions and advice, not interested in learning about writing when he had a victim he could play with right in front of him. Jake had never dealt with people like her before; the friends he hung out with all had back bones and girlfriends and motorcycles and tattoos. Of course, they weren't gang bangers or anything. Just...wannabes? He chuckled at that description; yes, some of his friends really were dorks that tried to act hard but really weren't. He winced when she gave him a smile -- the ugliest one he had ever seen.

"Yeah, I got a question. What the hell was that?"

Mad Hatters Revenge
*^_^*

Old 03-25-2011, 03:10 AM

He was even worse in person than he was in class, she couldn't see why anyone would ever want to be his friend, he was just plain awful...and a lot dumber than she thought. When he reached her her soda, she took it off the table, screwed the cap back on and put it in the black messenger bag under her chair. Once again, she shoved his feet off the table, tempted for the first time ever to actually try to cause some sort of pain, especially every time he, most likely intentionally, called her by the wrong name.

"Let's get a few things straight shall we? One, my name is not Daisy, it's not even close, it's Lillian. Lill-i-an-." She said slowly, as if speaking to a child before continuing. "Second, I could never write something that a teacher would believe is yours, and I refuse to dumb myself down enough to make it sound like yours, plus getting kicked out for cheating for you, is the last thing I'd ever do."

Pushing the papers closer to him, she collected her bag and stood, tossing it on her shoulder. "Your options are to either do what I suggest, and take my help, or you can fail writing and take it all over again. I'm sure you've got better things to do, but hey I guess if you fail writing you'll have plenty more free time when you're not in school anymore to do whatever you want. Also, if you'd been listening the first time, I don't tutor in the library, it's uncomfortable, I tutor at my apartment, more freedom there." She said before brushing the back of her skirt with her hands to make sure it was laying correctly.

"To answer your question, it's called a smile, I'm sure people don't smile at you all that often with your attitude, but I figured a smart boy like you would've known what it was." For the first time in her life, she was being sarcastic, this boy was so irritating she was actually being a smart ass in return. She decided to blame it on the fact that she hadn't had a decent meal yet today and was just a little cranky. Sighing, she tried to shake it off. "The sooner you start trying, the sooner you can stop having a tutor for a writing class in your free time." Walking over she tapped the piece of paper with her information on it. "I have to meet with a few people so I'm going to leave now. 6pm, tonight, at this address, text my phone before you show up so I don't have a mess in the living room please." She'd let him find out about the large canine when, and if he even showed up.

Shrugging, she turned to leave, "Like I said, you can either show up and pass writing with an A, or do something else and get a C."

in.luv.wit.u
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-03-2011, 07:31 PM

o . o . c . :: Hey, sorry I haven't been able to post. Just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to get on the weekdays :/

She was a lot bitchier than she looked.

But hey, that was a turn - on.

"Lillian," he repeated under his breath, trying it out. She didn't look like a Lillian; really, she didn't. He couldn't see the Lill in her and he definitely couldn't see the ian in her, but whatever; if her parents had been high when picking a name, it wasn't his problem. Nah, but he could at least rename her. "I think I like Daisy better," he commented offhandedly, brushing the invisible dirt off his shoulder and watching the irritation flicker across her eyes as she continued her tantrum. She pushed the papers toward him and he glanced at it momentarily before returning to her. She stood up and slung the bag over her shoulders, preparing to leave.

Ah, an ultimatum. He wasn't a big fan of those, having received them many times. Actually, on the contrary to her terms, he could think up several hidden options -- and none of them included hers. "Oh, getting jiggy in your apartment, eh? I'm down with that." She was pretty fun to piss off and annoy; at first, he thought he wasn't going to be able to stand her -- and, well, that was true. He really couldn't stand her. Just the way she spoke and held herself and thought and ugh! She was so irritating! But it was just so funny to see her on edge; he was sure she would've been nicer, to the point where he could walk all over her, but it was nice to see that she had some backbone, even if it did cause a lot of problems to his original plan of not doing anything but passing at the same time.

He stood up and shrugged his shoulders, not about to let the fly escape his grasp. "Didn't look like a smile to me, Daisy. Looked a little tense and fake, and you're anything but fake, right? Don't disappoint, now." He looked down at the paper with her number and pocketed, knowing that if he ever got bored at 3 AM in the morning, he could always text her or call her and demand amusement. She seemed like the type that would be fun to wake up at ungodly hours. "Oi, wait up, Daisy," he called, glancing back at the papers that lied on the table. Eh. He didn't want them. He was going to have to rewrite those papers anyways, so whatever.

Jake jogged after her until he was beside her, probably a little too close for comfort but he didn't care; he was actually a rather touchy kind of person anyways. "Aw, who could be more interesting than me, Daisy? Got a boyfriend? Or a girlfriend? You seem a like you'd be into a little taste of both, eh?" He chuckled under his breath, his smile an entertained smirk than anything sincere and kind. "So, Daisy, why'd you decide to tutor me anyways? I'm sure you could've declined. Bet you're the professor's precious little flower, huh?"