sheepcakes
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-15-2014, 10:33 AM

You find yourself following a path through a forest, not entirely sure how you got here. One minute you had been going about your daily business and the next you were here. The mossy stone path leads to a tavern, a large 3 story cottage style building. The sign on the front reads "The Copper Dragon" in big sprawling letters, under them, in smaller text reads "Tavern & Inn".

Should you chose to go in you'll find a bar at the back, with a door leading to what you assume is the kitchen. There are a few booth style tables along one wall, a fireplace and sofa in on corner, a staircase in the other and tables of various sizes scattered through the room. Approaching the bar you see that aside from shelves of bottles there is a corkboard, the left side shows rules and what rooms are available, the right side has help wanted ads and wanted posters. According the the available rooms list the second floor has 12 rooms and the attic has 6.

Rules:
1. Have fun.
2. Don't break anything.
3. Keep fights outside.
4. No murder or thievery.
5. The cottage behind the tavern is off limits.
Quote:
Out of Character rules
1. Follow Menewsha's rules.
2. In character rules still apply.
3. Anyone is free to join in. No requirements on post length or profiles.
4. If no barkeep and/or cook are on duty feel free to serve yourself.
5. The Copper Dragon is on a world called Terrim, it's my own creation and has a blend of magic and science, including science fiction. Magic is very prevalent but technology is known and used by some. If you wish to rp as a native of this world give me a PM and I'll give you all the details you could want. Otherwise your character has managed to wander through a worldgate.
Rooms list:
No rooms are currently occupied.

Now hiring:
Cook
Bartender
Waiter/Waitress

Last edited by sheepcakes; 11-15-2014 at 11:07 AM..

sheepcakes
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-15-2014, 11:03 AM

About Terrim

People end up on this world pretty often, the Ancients built worldgates, magic portals that connect various worlds. No one living knows how to turn them off, or fix them. Some seem to be acting up, gates that are known for a fact to link 2 specific world's change or add in another link. This has been going on for several millenia, causing Terrim to have many peoples besides just the native Shar and Lon.

Terrim has two countries, the Hoardlands and Ramswood. Shar are native to the Hoardlands, the population taking up nearly three fourths of Terrim's lands. Dragons settled these lands and protect all who live here, so long as they follow the laws. The throne passes from father to daughter, then mother to son. If there is no suitable heir then the closest kin of the opposite gender will ascend to the throne. The Dragon King or Dragon Queen need not be a dragon. The current Dragon Queen is a Shar who was adopted by the former Dragon King. Nor does the Dragon KingģQueen truely rule alone. The council of elders gets their say. For some odd reason most worldgate malfunctions lead to people ending up in the Hoardlands.

Ramswood is really a jungle, or nearly all, some of the continent's area is covered by beaches and marshy plains. The Lon are an extremely shy race, going to extreme measure to remain out of sight of any who happen to find their way into the jungle. Should you actually come face to face with a Lon they'll most likely lead you to the nearest shore and tell you to leave.

Shar and Lon do not get along, Lon feel that Terrim is their rightful home, believing they where here first. Thousands of years ago, before dragons settled the world, Lon tried to wipe out Shar. Instead Shar fought back, nearly wiping out Lon. As to who was here first, only the ancients know. They are Terrim's true natives, but the last of them died out when both Shar and Lon were still hunger/gatherers.

Quote:
OOC Note: I know hoard = hoarding stuff and horde = many people. It's Hoard because dragons hoard things and it just made sense to me to have what is basically a herd of dragons be a hoard due to their collecting everything ever.

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 11-16-2014, 05:49 PM

Joseph Vazquez left out of one of the world gates, stumbling as he went. Rubbing his head, he held up his application, and started walking down the mossy stone path, heading up to the Tavern. He'd finished this last night on his home-world, Earth, and wanted to submit it in person, as he didn't know how reliable World gates were. He pushed the door open, looking around at the tavern. He paid close attention to the rules, then gently laid application on the counter. He pulled up a stool, and sat down, waiting for someone to come by.

sheepcakes
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-18-2014, 05:11 PM

Cyserno comes out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on her apron, and sees a man sitting at the bar. "Hello, hope you weren't waiting too long." she says. Seeing the paper on the bas she picks it up, reading over it. "Very good, is there a specific position you'd like?" she asks, looking up at him. "I need a bartender, cook and waiter. However, if needed you'd be expected to do any of the duties. Within reason of course." Cyserno sets the page in front of him, tapping the address section. "Will you be staying here or on Earth? If you'll be staying here you can stay in a room at the tavern or rent a cottage in town." she says, pulling a second sheet of paper from under the bar. "If you'll be staying on Earth you'll need to fill out a request for a gate key. It's the only way to be positive the worldgates will bring you here instead of some random location." she puts the form in front of him.

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 11-18-2014, 05:31 PM

"I'll sign for a gate-key, because there might be reason for me to return to earth, but I would like to stay here. "he said, signing the form. He signed the gate key 'For Vacation or Emergency use only'. He then held up his hand. "My name is Joseph Vazquez. From today until you no longer need me, I'll be your handy-man, Cook, and tenant. "he said.