Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-28-2008, 04:35 PM

You're going to be trapped on a deserted island for the next year. You'll have a power source and a CD player, but for reasons that don't particularly make sense, you can only bring 5 CDs (or it has a record player and you can bring records, if you're that kind of person).
What 5 CDs do you bring (If you have an entire album, but only digitally, like on your iPod, just pretend you have the physical copy. And no, you can't bring your iPod to the island)?
Keep in mind, that not only do you have to love these CDs, they have to fit most of the moods you're in (E.G. a ton of loud CDs wouldn't be good if you sometimes get in the mood for quiet music), they must be hard for you to get tired of, they probably should not be short (singles and EPs would get boring), and you wouldn't want to leave out any album that you'd really miss. After all, it will be a year until you're rescued and can listen to all your other albums again.

Here's mine:
"Get Behind Me, Satan" - The White Stripes
"Tiny Music... Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop" - Stone Temple Pilots
"Arular" - M.I.A.
"The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" - David Bowie
"Greatest Hits" - Guns N' Roses

Blahrrgh
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-28-2008, 06:39 PM

Just a question before I figure out the rest of my list.. if the album contains more than one disc, would it still count as one album, or would you have to split it up? - Cheers. ^^

1. Above the Weeping World - Insomnium.
2. The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails.
3. Collected - Massive Attack.
4. The Collection - Sonata Arctica. [OR:] Elegies to Lessons Learnt - iLiKETRAiNS. [OR:] The Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd.
5. A compilation of songs put together on a disc I made a while ago. (If that is allowed?) or Ghosts I-IV (Disc 1 and 2).

- I'm not finished thinking yet.. I'll keep editing my post 'til I have all five slots filled/I've properly decided.
- This is hard!

Last edited by Blahrrgh; 11-25-2008 at 05:14 PM..

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 10-28-2008, 07:32 PM

1.) Waking Hour - Vienna Teng
2.) Ghost of a Rose - Blackmore's Night
3.) The Sixth Night - Gackt
4.) The Road to Santiago - Heather Dale
5.) Some sort of classical music mix. I don't know what, but I'm sure there is one. (...I ought to buy one.)

See, my problem answering this is that... I mostly have random songs on my play list, not that many whole albums. :P

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 PM

Blahhrgh - Hmm... It's up to you, I guess. Just use your own judgement. If the two disks are very similar, then count them as one. But if they feel like completely different albums, then count them as two.

Iltu - Well, you really should look into albums. You're really missing out by just getting a few songs. The whole album experience is much different than just a random playlist.
Though that's not to say that random playlists are bad. They're quite nice sometimes.

Aeva
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-29-2008, 06:23 PM

Well, let's see:

1. "Brace Yourself" by Dropping Daylight is an absolute must. Honestly, this album was an album that I've listened to a lot and it never gets old... well, after a year it might. But I love it right now.
2. "Step Outside Yourself" by Over It. The whole album just makes me happy.
3. "By the Fire" by Andrew Ross. It's all piano music, but sometimes that's okay.
4. "Deadbeat Sweetheartbeat" by The Juliana Theory. I couldn't be stuck anywhere without these guys.
5. "Blinds Down" by Seems So Bright. Mostly just because "Numbers" is a really calming song.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 10-30-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeva View Post
2. "Step Outside Yourself" by Over It. The whole album just makes me happy.
Good choice, I absolutely love that album. C:

1. Minus the Bear - Highly Refined Pirates
2. Minus the Bear - Menos el Oso
3. Minus the Bear - Planet of Ice
4. Minus the Bear - They Make Beer Commercials Like This
5. Explosions in the Sky - How Strange, Innocence/Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place

Honestly, this was a hard list. I enjoy Minus the Bear muchly, but I'm always afraid that I might get sick or them sooner or later, but then again...it IS Minus the Bear.. but just for safe measure I have some Explosions in the Sky as an alternate. x'D

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 10-31-2008, 04:20 AM

1. Johnny Reid. I think it's a self-titled album, not sure. It has "Darlin'", "Thank You", and "Missing an Angel" on it. I don't have it yet.
2. Trent Tomlinson, "Country is My Rock".
3. Jeff Bates, "Leave the Light On".
4. Ray Scott, not sure of the title. It has "Gone Either Way" and "My Kind of Music".
5. Julie Roberts, self-titled. I might want to hear a woman sometimes.

That's really hard to choose. I have other albums going through my head that I'd be extremely tempted to throw in there, but I love those.

umop episdn
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to umop episdn Send a message via MSN to umop episdn

Old 10-31-2008, 01:35 PM

This is hard... But the first one would definitely be Violent by Design by Jedi Mind Tricks... Then maybe something by Muse, Ludacris, Big Pun and Politics as Usual by Term... (Sorry for not naming alubms)

lainey kaulitz.
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-02-2008, 10:14 PM

hmm..
Scream- Tokio Hotel
A Fever You Can't Sweat Out- Panic [!] at the Disco
From Under The Cork Tree- Fall Out Boy
One Of The Boys- Katy Perry
and Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge- My Chemical Romance

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 11-04-2008, 06:21 PM

Cherry- The thing with me and music is, I really don't go by what singers I like, I go by songs I like. Lots of times, I'll adore a song, but then not be terribly fond of the singer overall, or I'll really like a song, but then just never bother listening to more stuff by them... And I'd rather just get what I really like for a few dollars, as opposed to getting one or two things I really like and then a whole bunch of stuff I don't care for for $15, you know? I get the full album for musicals, soundtracks for movies, and certain singers and bands that are way up on my favorites list. I do enjoy the albums I have, though.

Abeo
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Abeo

Old 11-12-2008, 01:11 AM

I'm totally obsessed/in love with Coheed & Cambria, so...

1. The Second Stage Turbine Blade - Coheed & Cambria

2. In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3 - Coheed & Cambria

3. Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume I: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness - Coheed & Cambria

4. Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume II: No World For Tomorrow - Coheed & Cambria

5. From Under the Cork Tree - Fall Out Boy

(Told you I was obsessed (/in love with) them.)

That's right, I put Fall Out Boy on here. It's cause they rock. But I was still pretty uncertain on that 5th spot.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-12-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iltu View Post
Cherry- The thing with me and music is, I really don't go by what singers I like, I go by songs I like. Lots of times, I'll adore a song, but then not be terribly fond of the singer overall, or I'll really like a song, but then just never bother listening to more stuff by them... And I'd rather just get what I really like for a few dollars, as opposed to getting one or two things I really like and then a whole bunch of stuff I don't care for for $15, you know? I get the full album for musicals, soundtracks for movies, and certain singers and bands that are way up on my favorites list. I do enjoy the albums I have, though.
Well, then I guess the thread can't really apply to you. ^^;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeo View Post
I'm totally obsessed/in love with Coheed & Cambria, so...

1. The Second Stage Turbine Blade - Coheed & Cambria

2. In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3 - Coheed & Cambria

3. Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume I: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness - Coheed & Cambria

4. Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume II: No World For Tomorrow - Coheed & Cambria

5. From Under the Cork Tree - Fall Out Boy

(Told you I was obsessed (/in love with) them.)

That's right, I put Fall Out Boy on here. It's cause they rock. But I was still pretty uncertain on that 5th spot.
I get that you like them, but you might want to think that out a little bit more.
What you pick is hypothetically ALL you'll be able to listen to for the next YEAR. Even if you won't be tired of Coheed and Cambria in a year, you still might want to listen to something else in that time, don't you think?
Maybe just pick two of their CDs, and bring some more variety. You wouldn't want to drive yourself mad. xD

Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Astromantic Send a message via MSN to Astromantic

Old 11-27-2008, 02:45 AM

1. Dog Problems by The Format
2. Partie Traumatic by Black Kids
3. Metaphorical Music by Nujabes
4. Fallow by The Weakerthans
5. Astromantic by m-flo

...That was really tough, just limiting it to five albums. @ _@

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-27-2008, 03:17 AM

Yeah, it's difficult to figure out what you'll miss the most, what you won't get sick of, and what will encompass most of your moods, and then narrow it down to five things. ><

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 11-28-2008, 09:26 PM

This would be really hard for me, because I love music and would never want to be stranded on an island for a year. xD

I would bring:
1. Grieg: Peer Gynt by Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
2. Pretty.Odd. by Panic at the Disco
3. 808's & Heartbreaks by Kanye West
4. I-empire by Angels and Airwaves
5. Let It Unfold You by Senses Fail

Basically just different types of music since my tastes changes like my mood.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-28-2008, 09:46 PM

I'm unfamiliar with the sound of the last one, but it looks quite diverse. ^^ Good choices.

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 11-28-2008, 09:49 PM

It's like hard rock/emo/screamo.
I have really eclectic music tastes, so I need something to soothe that. I like them a lot, and I like their lyrics. ^^

Now just to hope that it could keep me satisfied for a whole year. xD