Projectwolfie
Dr. Livingstone, I presume?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:55 PM

Who's had the title thought while listening to something generally hated?

I've been thinking that while listening to Sonata Arctica's last two albums. I mean sure they're different because it's so much more symphonic, but it's one of those things everyone seems to hate for no reason.

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 07-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Mhh, I don't really know. O.o I've never really cared about such things, everyone has to hate and love something! :D The idea is to accept this fact and ignore people whining after your favorite band. I love Sonata too, but when I was in their gig (2nd row! Heck yeah!) I noticed that there were many girls there. O.o You know, compared to other gigs. So could it be that people (men...) tend to avoid bands that are favored by women? What if they're scared of being stigmatized as fan girls?

I mean, some people are quite paranoid with these things. I believe that Bieber would have more fans if there wouldn't be a crowd of fans drooling after him.

Projectwolfie
Dr. Livingstone, I presume?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:06 AM

Normally, I don't really care that much. But I do pay attention to what people say, and gauge it against what I think. Just for the heck of it. Well... when it comes to preteen girls and people like Justin Bieber and the like, I think there definitely is a difference. The problem I see is that many bands are marketed and geared towards that crowd (warranting some hate but not as much as is given). After that, I really haven't seen a whole lot of cares given for gender preferences outside of the odd stereotype. So I've never really heard of that too often (outside of... I dunno, a Nickelback concert). o.O

Huntyre Versailles Romek
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-23-2011, 04:53 PM

I think there is room in the music industry for everyone from Celine Dion to Justin Bieber. We cant judge what is good music and what isnt good music because its simply all opinions in the first place and opinions cannot be wrong or right generally speaking.

I try not to buy into hype when people say that something is bad. I like to give everything at least one chance. if I dont like it, then i wont listen to it again, but that doesnt mean that its bad.