nikkittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-05-2013, 02:04 PM

I think everyone must have said that phrase (or something similar) at some point :P

So gimme some unknown/ independent musicians :D

Here is an artist I recently found and have been in love with

Alien-Princess
Ettelëa aranel

Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 PM

My favorite thing is when someone tells me "Oh, you've probably never heard of them" and I have.

Like Kerli a while back, someone though I would have never heard of her and I'm like "I've been listening to her since '09."

mzw
Girl-Crazy Goofball

Old 05-06-2013, 01:58 AM

Oh gosh. I listen to a lot of really obscure music.
Grouper ~ Heart Current - YouTube
There's a link to a really cool ambient-sounding song. I am totally not a music snob though. I really wish there were more people out there who listened to the same types of music as me.

nikkittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien-Princess View Post
My favorite thing is when someone tells me "Oh, you've probably never heard of them" and I have.

Like Kerli a while back, someone though I would have never heard of her and I'm like "I've been listening to her since '09."
Kerli! She's pretty cool, although I must admit I'm not really into her latest stuff, her Love is Dead album is pretty much all I can listen to :c (and a few unreleased/demo things)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzw View Post
Oh gosh. I listen to a lot of really obscure music.
Grouper ~ Heart Current - YouTube
There's a link to a really cool ambient-sounding song. I am totally not a music snob though. I really wish there were more people out there who listened to the same types of music as me.
Ooh that is lovely! I do like ambient music, I just need to find some more so I can listen to some different stuff. Maybe you'd like(if you haven't already heard of them ;P) like Hammock or Matryoshka? :D

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 05-07-2013, 02:04 AM

I think whenever I say "you've probably never heard of it" is only because the people i talk to tend to only listen to american music and the bands I listen to aren't american, haha. They aren't really obscure or anything in their own countries, just not as well known among the people i know ^^

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 AM

I usually say that about oldies.... because nobody remembers them :(

like Kisses Sweeter than Wine. Great song but so hard to find anyone who listens to it.
jimmie rodgers, kisses sweeter than wine - YouTube

Alien-Princess
Ettelëa aranel

Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 PM

I never really tell people that, they usually let me "Oh, I've never heard of them."
Especially when I mention Tokio Hotel. Not a lot of my friends have heard of them. It amazes me, I thought they were pretty popular.

mzw
Girl-Crazy Goofball

Old 05-08-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkittie View Post
Ooh that is lovely! I do like ambient music, I just need to find some more so I can listen to some different stuff. Maybe you'd like(if you haven't already heard of them ;P) like Hammock or Matryoshka? :D
I have heard of Hammock! I don't listen to ambient music that often though.
I'll give you a list of some of my favorite bands and maybe you can give me some of yours? :D
I like: Radiohead, I Monster, Sunset Rubdown, Black Moth Super Rainbow, White Flight, Ratatat, Aphex Twin, Kraftwerk, The Magnetic Fields, and Dr. Dog.

A lot of people know who those artists are though.

Some really different, not as well-known ones that I enjoy are:
Liars, Mux Mool, Phranc, Phoria, Machine Drum, Modeselektor, The Octopus Project, Power Pill Fist, and Malvina Reynolds

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 05-09-2013, 04:06 AM

@Alien-Princess: Ooh! i know who Tokio Hotel is! I only listened to one song though, one of my friends really liked them one year during high school :)

nikkittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-11-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzw View Post
I have heard of Hammock! I don't listen to ambient music that often though.
I'll give you a list of some of my favorite bands and maybe you can give me some of yours? :D
I like: Radiohead, I Monster, Sunset Rubdown, Black Moth Super Rainbow, White Flight, Ratatat, Aphex Twin, Kraftwerk, The Magnetic Fields, and Dr. Dog.

A lot of people know who those artists are though.

Some really different, not as well-known ones that I enjoy are:
Liars, Mux Mool, Phranc, Phoria, Machine Drum, Modeselektor, The Octopus Project, Power Pill Fist, and Malvina Reynolds
I'm familiar with quite a few of those c:

my favourite bands are poets of the fall, ladytron, portishead, the dresden dolls, and the knife.

I also like Insects vs. Robots, not my favourite, but they're pretty interesting.

(i have a Last.FM if you want to know any more about what I listen to :B)

Skulduggery
Did you know the sparrow flies s...
Penpal

Old 05-11-2013, 09:15 AM

Ah! A place to tell people of good bands that aren't popular. My two favorites:

Chameleon Circuit. A Doctor Who band, the first one, actually. It's a group of youtubers, who love Doctor Who. They have two albums out, and both are so amazing, as long as you watch DW.

Emery. A rock band, who I've known of for years now, and have always loved. It's lyrics, are different then most nowadays and actually tell really good stories. They are about the meaning of their music, rather then their own appearance. I find it refreshing to know there are people still out there that care about there music more then their fame.

nikkittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-12-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulduggery View Post
Ah! A place to tell people of good bands that aren't popular. My two favorites:

Chameleon Circuit. A Doctor Who band, the first one, actually. It's a group of youtubers, who love Doctor Who. They have two albums out, and both are so amazing, as long as you watch DW.

Emery. A rock band, who I've known of for years now, and have always loved. It's lyrics, are different then most nowadays and actually tell really good stories. They are about the meaning of their music, rather then their own appearance. I find it refreshing to know there are people still out there that care about there music more then their fame.
Chameleon Circuit! I used to listen to them a lot, gotta love em. :B

I haven't heard of Emery~ //runs off to listen.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 05-17-2013, 04:14 AM

Razorbladekisses. I love that band. RazorBladeKisses - UK’s only EGL band | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Alien-Princess
Ettelëa aranel

Old 05-20-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Kazuya View Post
@Alien-Princess: Ooh! i know who Tokio Hotel is! I only listened to one song though, one of my friends really liked them one year during high school :)
You should look up their other stuff. They are amazing.
I'm pretty sure I have sold my entire soul to them. XD

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 05-20-2013, 07:58 PM

Tokio Hotel is super awesome.

<3 One of the bands I've known about forever. Glad they are finally getting around to being popular. They deserve it.

LilMissSunshine

Old 05-21-2013, 12:35 AM

Have you guys ever heard of "Bombay Bicycle Club"? I love their stuff, but it's lot less punk and rock, and a lot more indie.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 AM

I haven't but I checked that band out and I really like their sound. :} I gotta add it to my list of music to add to my collection.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-24-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkittie View Post
I'm familiar with quite a few of those c:

my favourite bands are poets of the fall, ladytron, portishead, the dresden dolls, and the knife.

I also like Insects vs. Robots, not my favourite, but they're pretty interesting.

(i have a Last.FM if you want to know any more about what I listen to :B)
Quote:
Your musical compatibility with x-Delirium is Very High

Music you have in common includes Death Grips, Grimes, The Knife, Nosaj Thing and Gorillaz.
\o/

WolfRain Dc-ed
KNS.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:35 AM

The Monks. Ghosting. December Flowers. Irfan. Anyone? ;A;

Last edited by WolfRain Dc-ed; 05-25-2013 at 11:39 AM..

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 05-25-2013, 11:40 AM

I've heard of The Monks! They are a 60's garage band, right?! I listen to I hate You when it's the relevant time. ;)

WolfRain Dc-ed
KNS.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:46 AM

Holy moly, yes! I love listening to 'I Hate You' as well, and I gotta tell you it's pretty addictive xD

How did you find out about it?

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 05-25-2013, 12:28 PM

I think I may have found it on YouTube after just searching through a bunch of 60's garage videos. There's some real gems out there like The Tombstones , I was recommended them by a someone at a record store in London. Theres also The Cherry Slush, The Buzz (almost garage, I need to include my favourite music producer in here) and The Sonics. Oh my lord I could just go on..

How about yourself?

WolfRain Dc-ed
KNS.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:33 PM

Oh do go on if you want. No one's stopping you xD

I found them when I typed 'I hate you song' in the search bar, seeing what kind of stuff will turn up. Their name PLUS the song name caught my attention immediately and... yeah. That's how I found them. The end!

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 05-26-2013, 08:35 AM

I'd be here for days but in the end I'd have a pretty hefty gold pile.

Haha! Well that's pretty different. The search provided pretty great results!

MinakoAxule
SpIdErS iN tHe BrAiN

Old 05-26-2013, 06:10 PM

Back in 1996 my brother went to germany and I fell in love with two groups Tic Tac Toe and Blumchen. Though they are not around any more I still love the music.

I always talk about my fave artist Yuki Kajiura though I seem to be alone here in being a fan of her music. She is a genious though in the music world~