ArachnidBadkid
My Avatar Looks Angrier Than I T...

Old 01-12-2016, 01:02 AM

I thought it'd be nice to share and discuss songs or bands that particularly resonate with ourselves! Further, what kind of semantic reactions each song/artist solicits (e.g. raised heart beat, urge to dance, wanting to draw, etc).

One of my all-time favorite songs is:

The wavelike build up and crashing of percussion really speaks to me. Also, the lyrics are really beautiful. To me it illustrates this wonderful idea of friendship where someone is so important and inspiring to you that even the smallest things they do grab your attention.

Another great song is:

As someone with depression/generalized anxiety, this song was sort of empowering, I guess? Like, it reminded me of overwhelming life became cyclically. However, the maintained bass (or at least I think it's the bass? I'm awful with naming instruments/sound fonts ahahaha) and clapping felt like someone was soldiering through even the most difficult parts of their life. Also, Civil Civic is just a great band ahahaha

But yeah! (I'll probably post more songs as I find them but yeah) What songs or artists strike you to the Emotional Core?