salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-13-2011, 03:43 PM

I like helping people and I enjoyed dissecting things in biology class. 'nuff said? xD

Haha but I mean, it's possible that I'll go into an entirely different field of medicine. Those are just the three that intrigue me at the moment.

----------

ljosberinn: Thank you. That sounds great - you sound like a person with a lot of initiative, charisma, and good sense. Have fun getting your head shaved? xD <3 Talk to you later if you return before the event ends!

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 08-13-2011, 04:11 PM

Hehe, thank you. ^^; My head is shaved and shiny now! Just dyed my mohawk the other day and was annoyed by how long and messy the hair on the side was looking as I was excited to show off the colours. xD Feels much better now.

I promised a couple of people at the bar I'd come a bit early tonight to show them my juggling toys.. I put it on my CV in Interests that I was interested in juggling and circus skills and I think this was actually one of the main reasons they hired me. xD Apparently just after I turned it in, the two people working there and the one regular at the bar read the CV out loud and got really excited about the circus stuff.. the regular hasn't stopped asking me to please please show him, even though I keep telling him I'm really out of practice. >.< Plus, I really hurt my finger at work last night, so not sure I can do the contact juggling, which is what he found most exciting..

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-13-2011, 04:22 PM

Wow, good luck with that! :) I can't really juggle myself, but I enjoy watching juggling acts :) and juggling is definitely an interesting skill.

----------

Did you teach yourself to juggle?

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 08-13-2011, 04:30 PM

Juggling is fun, I really recommend it. Most of it is fairly easy and really fun, as well as being a bit of a work out, so you practice balance, for most of them arm strength and co-ordination. And no, I learned some from videos online and mostly from a lot of different people. You can find juggling groups meeting weekly all over the city where you can go, pay something like £3 to get in and you get workshops and loads of people willing to help each other with technique. Everyone is so friendly too, if you see someone doing a trick you'd like to learn, it's never a problem to go up to them and ask them to teach you, they'll always be willing. :) And you meet so many people too!
I haven't been to one in like a year though.. last winter was my final year of uni, so I was too busy to do it, then this summer I had to hold on to my money like mad because I wasn't getting any jobs, and now I'll probably be too busy with work to do it. xD I'm going to try to find time though to go maybe once a week, or every other week if I can. It would be fun to pick it up again.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-13-2011, 05:34 PM

That's such an interesting story! :) May I ask, is university the equivalent of undergraduate school or graduate school in the U.S.? and did you major in anything?

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 08-13-2011, 06:01 PM

I can't believe the event hasn't shut down yet.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-13-2011, 06:55 PM

It will in a few hours, though?

Saravi Boo

Old 08-13-2011, 06:58 PM

I don't know. It should've ended already as far as I know.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-13-2011, 07:00 PM

It was supposed to end last night, but Jelly extended it.

Saravi Boo

Old 08-13-2011, 07:11 PM

Oh that's cool. 'Til when?