seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-30-2007, 09:06 PM

Drabble Number: 19
Characters: Tanja de Paulain
Drabble List Number: 46
Time: Some time ago when Tanja was young.
Special Notes: Tanja is still young enough that she has not been promised to Nikolas in Duvah yet.

"PURRRRRRPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Tanja cried, stomping her foot on newly polished floor, tears squeezing out the corners of her eyes as she held them tightly shut.

"Tanja." It was her mother's voice this time, and not that of her nurse's. It was icy cold and Tanja continued to keep her eyes closed for fear of seeing her mother's face.

"Tanja. Stop. Now." Catherine de Paulain did not touch her daughter, but the words felt like firm slaps upon Tanja's tear streaked face. Tanja opened her eyes, blinking her tears away, but her little hands remained in fists at her sides.

"Purple is a color you may not wear... yet." Her mother swept majestically over to the ornate wardrobe that held Tanja's clothes, and gave a wave of her hand to the nurse and her own maid to dismiss them.

"I want to..." Tanja replied with a faint quiver in her voice, still stubborn.

"You may not," Her mother replied, her tone still even and cold, as she pulled out dresses, "Do you know why?"

"No."

"Purple," She replied, putting four dresses down upon Tanja's large bed, "Is for royalty. Only those people of immediate royal blood may wear purple."

"But, I thought father always said we were - "

"No! We are not of immediate royal blood." Her mother replied with some bitterness in her voice, "We are of a very respectable and ancient stock. You should be very proud to be a de Paulain. However to wear purple, we would have to first cousins of the King and his family and not distant cousins."

"But it's so pretty..." Tati tried once more, still clinging desperately to her desire to wear purple, "Do you not think I would look good in it?"

At this a small smile passed her mother's otherwise serenely cold face and she patted her daughter on the head once.

"Yes, you will look good in it." She replied, examining her daughter's features, "You will."

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-30-2007, 09:39 PM

Drabble Number: 20
Characters: Tati, her mother
Drabble List Number: 71
Time: Summertime
Special Notes: Tati is currently in Duvah whilst her mother is in Deinos

Dearest Mother,

All is well in Duvah. My husband is finding his business very profitable and finds it necessary to spend more time away from home than before. I encourage him in this endeavor as it makes him happy and what is better than seeing one's own husband truly happy. He spent the majority of the last three months attending to business here at the manor. However now he is off and he has entrusted me to look after his affairs whilst he is away.

This past month I've discovered that my Family Ruby is missing. I am not afraid, as I am sure it will turn up. I must have misplaced it some where because of the stress of preparing for his departure. Do not worry, I shall find it.

There is also news of a possible engagement of the Prince to the Erosian princess. I would like to hear your perspective on this.

With all my heart's love,
Tati

Dear Daughter,

I am surprised that you could have lost your Family Ruby at such a time. However if in the course of your wifely duties you were inclined to lose it, do not fret. Wait another month to see if it does turn up. If it is still missing after the end of the second month, notify me immediately as this is a most serious matter. Do not notify your husband as he does not need to be distracted by something such as this.

I have not heard of anything of that sort in Deinos but I will look further into it.

Love,
Your Mother.

Dearest Mother,

It is still missing and it is now three months since I last saw it. Please advise.

Love,
Tati

Tatianya

I am disappointed that you would leave this matter so late to inform your mother. I have no choice but to come to Duvah myself and handle this as you cannot yourself. Make preparations for my arrival two weeks after this letter arrives. I shall stay as long as I see fit or until the matter is resolved.

Your Mother.