Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-17-2007, 10:11 PM

• 1. Introduction
    2. Characters Used
    3. List Used/Story Posts List

1. Decided to try something like this, especially since I'm constantly imagining little stories and stuff to go along with the many lists I've seen out there...though the list I'm using was not originally intended for short stories. ^^;

Well, anyway...I suppose I should make some sort of introduction here? Very well. *ahem*

I'm an odd, obsessive college kid with a love for -guess...guess, guess, c'mon, you can do it! Characters, stories, self-created worlds, things like that. I mean, honestly; I wrote my first 'fan fic' about a certain Italian plumber when I was eight and thought the only fan in existance was a revolving air cooler. XD;

But anyway, over the years I've read countless books on how to write stories, as well as reading even more countless stories themselves. I've found that I have a fascination for exploring the 'minds' of characters and delving into their interactions, and so, stories have become a more natural outlet for me to discuss my fascinations...

Now that that drivel is over with, on to the important stuff!

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-17-2007, 10:11 PM

2. The Characters Used in My Stories.

Alisha Ravenwings- The brains of J.B. High, this chick knows what she's doing when it comes to homework- but as far as guys are concerned, she's clueless. It isn't until boisterous, mischeivous Kurt Smith comes to town that she figures out what it is she really wants.

Andre Devereaux- First mistaken for a snob, Andre's reluctance to come to James Buchanan High, away from everything he'd ever known before his parents' deaths, turns into acceptance when he meets Hatsuyo Miyamoto. The blind girl's insecurity and mistrust of anyone but herself brings out Andre's protective instincts, which leads to something neither of them ever expected.

Elizabeth Rose Smith- The youngest of the group, this six year old isn't exactly high school age, but she was found by Krysta, who refuses to let her go to any of the other orphanages. The two act more like long-lost sisters than caretaker and child, and both help each other heal from their painful memories.

Hatsuyo Miyamoto- Like any good child of her family, Hatsuyo was taught how to defend herself with various forms of martial arts. When she was blinded by the 'accident' that also killed her parents and her older sister, she gave up any hope of a 'normal' life and became withdrawn. With the arrival of Andre Devereaux, however, Hatsuyo comes out of her shell and truly starts living.

Jeremy Blair- This wisecracking jock is considered the craziest and most carefree of the group, but even he has his secrets. He witnessed the deaths of his parents, first his mom when he was 12, then his father at 17. His father's death ended up sending him to J.B. High, where Jeremy has made many friends, but only Krysta knows his major secret: he's an alchocolic, even at age 19, and he refuses to get help.

Josef Estevez- A good friend of Kurt and Jeremy's, Josef is the voice of reason when the trio concoct a prank, though the other two rarely listen. From the confines of his trusty wheelchair, Josef dispenses wisdom and wit usually attributed to people far older than his 17 years, and he tries to keep everyone laughing as well as sane. His not-so-secret soft spot for Katherine O'Connor makes him the butt of a good many jokes, but he doesn't mind, so long as no one pokes fun at his wheelchair. He's been known to run over those that do.

Katherine O'Conner- Given the hated nickname 'Katty' by her fellow J.B. High students, Katherine acts like a snob and a brash brat. The only one that seems to see through her act is Josef, and he's the one that helps her work through her inability to connect to others. Katherine's arch rival is Krysta, who views her as an insufferable, bratty preppy with nothing but boys and revenge on the mind. Katherine doesn't usually dispute this view of her, because she feels it keeps her protected from getting close to someone and, ultimately, from getting hurt.

Krysta Lyn- A withdrawn, unusually surly girl, Krysta came from a Georgia orphanage, where she'd been ever since being rescued as a scared-for-her-life 13-year-old. Her only confidant is nowhere around J.B. High, and so, at first, Krysta refuses to speak to anyone, except to demand that they leave her alone, or to hurl snarky remarks. After meeting and being to forced to work with Jeremy Blair, though, and finding little Elizabeth Rose, her toughness starts to melt away. Her secrets won't be revealed easily, though, as Jeremy soon finds out.

Kurt Smith- Not much can be said yet for this guy; he seems unusually upbeat and single-minded, almost too good to be true. No one really knows, though, where he came from and what his goals are; only he and Alisha knows any secrets he may have.

(Descriptions will be uploaded later >> << )

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-17-2007, 10:12 PM

3. The List

Taken from dA, and I replaced two of the prompts with 'Lost' and 'DANG', to prevent harming delicate minds. ^^;;;

If anyone can tell me who originally created it, I'll credit the creator and the person who told me. =)

1. Introduction
2. Love
3. Light
4. Dark
5. Rot
6. Break
7. Heaven
8. Away
9. Cut
10. Breathe
11. Memory
12. Insanity
13. Misfortune
14. Smile
15. Silence
16. Spit
17. Blood
18. Under
19. Gray
20. Fortitude
21. War
22. Mother
23. Distastefull
24. Want
25. Lurking
26. Europe
27. Foreign
28. Sorrow
29. Urban
30. Rain
31. Flower
32. Night
33. Wrath
34. Moon
35. Walk
36. Precious
37. See
38. Abandoned
39. Dream
40. 4:29 PM
41. Citric Acid
42. Still
43. Die
44. Two Roads
45. Two Guns
46. Drop
47. Dirt
48. Young
49. Preservatives
50. Breaking the Rules
51. Sport
52. Old
53. Desecrate
54. Tower
55. Need
56. Biohazard
57. Sacrificial
58. Kick in the Head
59. No Way Out
60. Desert
61. Fairy Tale
62. Voodoo
63. Do Not Disturb
64. City
65. Horrorific
66. Snow
67. Drum
68. Hero
69. Annoyance
70. 67%
71. Obsession
72. Mislead
73. I. Can't.
74. Confrontation
75. Mirror
76. Broken
77. Testament
78. Drink
79. DANG
80. Words
81. Pen and Paper
82. +
83. Heal
84. Cold
85. Sick
86. Seeing Red
87. Hunger
88. Pain
89. Through the Fire
90. Triangle
91. Drown
92. Lost
93. Iron
94. Soft
95. Advertisement
96. Storm
97. Safety
98. Puzzle
99. Alone
100. Gone

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-18-2007, 12:17 AM

Awesome another 100 theme drabble thread!
*hugs*
I wish you luck with your story!!

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-18-2007, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito
*hugs*
XD Thank yas, I'm gonna need some luck with 'em all. >.> But it's gonna help me really develop their characteristics, so it's all good. ^^;

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-18-2007, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystyne
Quote:
*hugs*
XD Thank yas, I'm gonna need some luck with 'em all. >.> But it's gonna help me really develop their characteristics, so it's all good. ^^;
*nods* That's what I like about drabble threads~
^^ When you finish it, I'll go put you in the hall of fame in the guide~ xD

I really should go finish mines xD

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-18-2007, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
*hugs*
*nods* That's what I like about drabble threads~
^^ When you finish it, I'll go put you in the hall of fame in the guide~ xD

I really should go finish mines xD
Oh, well thank you! ^^;

I think I'll go check yours out, might get my mind to working somewhat correctly. XD;

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-18-2007, 03:14 AM

You welcome~ xD

Hehe, well I have two threads out there. One if the original first drabble thread on menewsha. xD
The other is my major dumping spot. xD

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-18-2007, 03:16 AM

Quote:
You welcome~ xD

Hehe, well I have two threads out there. One if the original first drabble thread on menewsha. xD
I've never really written stories for a forum I'm at, except one poem for a contest...*shudders*

I'm checking out your drabble thread, and it's giving me some ideas. o_o; *starts writing*

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-18-2007, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:
You welcome~ xD

I've never really written stories for a forum I'm at, except one poem for a contest...*shudders*

I'm checking out your drabble thread, and it's giving me some ideas. o_o; *starts writing*
^^ Me too. This is the first time I've actually posted something in a forum. I usually stick to ff.net or nothing at all.

^^ Cool. Which one? Domination or Threads of Life?

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-18-2007, 03:35 AM

Drabble List Number 40: 4:29 PM

Incident Described: Krysta's 17th birthday, right down to the minute

((I know the character descriptions aren't finished, but I wanted to write something anyway. <.<;;; Enjoy!))

4:11:19. Krysta tapped her fingers impatiently against the marble counter, took a few moments to study her fellow ice cream shoppe patrons, and then checked her watch again, certain that at least a minute had passed. 4:11:34.

With a sigh of frustration, the tall, black haired girl shoved away from the counter and stormed toward the revolving door, intent on finding Jeremy and making him explain what was taking him so long.

Before she could walk out, though, the object of her frustration's face appeared in one of the windows. His nose pressed against the glass and his hands framing his face to reduce glare, Jeremy spotted Krysta and waved frantically before running to the door. She crossed her arms and marched back to her counter stool, trusting that he would follow.

"Sorry I'm late," Jeremy panted, sliding into the seat beside her. Barely glancing at him before picking up a menu, Krysta remained silent and waited for his explanation.

Taking a few, excrutiatingly long moments to gather his thoughts, Jeremy opened his mouth to speak. "Do I smell hamburgers?"

Krysta growled lowly in frustration. "Stop thinking about food for ONE second and tell me what took you so long, Jock," she hissed from between her teeth.

Jeremy just grinned at her and picked his menu up. "Just had a few errands to run on the way over here; no biggie." He caught the attention of the soda jerk and ordered a root beer float, paying no mind to the fuming teenager beside him.

When the soda jerk walked away, Krysta grabbed Jeremy's arm, and he finally looked at her. Before he could fully see the pain in her eyes, it was gone, and Krysta's tiger eyes were back in full force. She hissed, "Tell me what those 'errands' were."

Jeremy disengaged his arm from her grip and put it around her shoulders, startling Krysta for a minute. "Trust me, Kryssy...you'll like it." He grinned at her and kissed her cheek, further disturbing the poor girl.

Krysta, a bit dazed and very confused, glanced at her watch. 4:28:49. Almost time...

Jeremy peeked over her shoulder and watched with her as the seconds ticked away. Neither broke the silence, until the watch clicked over to 4:29, when he gave her a tight hug and whispered, "Happy birthday, Miss Kryssy..."

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-18-2007, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You welcome~ xD

^^ Me too. This is the first time I've actually posted something in a forum. I usually stick to ff.net or nothing at all.

^^ Cool. Which one? Domination or Threads of Life?
Yeah, it's usually dA for me, though I've submitted a few to FF.net.

Domination. XD; Even though my first drabble has NOTHING in common with yours. *sweatdrop*

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-18-2007, 03:43 AM

Quote:

Domination. XD; Even though my first drabble has NOTHING in common with yours. *sweatdrop*
I feel like I don't have anything worthy of DA xD

Ah. xD that's okay. It's not suppose to~ xD haha

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-18-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Well, none of my stuff is, but that doesn't stop me from submitting them anyway. XP;;;

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-19-2007, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, none of my stuff is, but that doesn't stop me from submitting them anyway. XP;;;
True true
xD I dunno, if I ever write something I really like I'll post it there. xD

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-21-2007, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

True true
xD I dunno, if I ever write something I really like I'll post it there. xD
Awesome! Let me know when you do?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-21-2007, 01:31 AM

Quote:

Sure thing~ ^^

And perhaps you should change the title of your thread?
From Closed to Open? xD

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-21-2007, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Sure thing~ ^^

From Closed to Open? xD
*falls over* I probably should. XD;;; 'cept, I still haven't finished Kurt and Krysta's (or was it someone else..?) descriptions. >,<; *runs off*

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-21-2007, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sure thing~ ^^

From Closed to Open? xD
*falls over* I probably should. XD;;; 'cept, I still haven't finished Kurt and Krysta's (or was it someone else..?) descriptions. >,<; *runs off*

hah~ xD It's okay. I keep telling myself that I would finish up the profiles I posted but I haven't... and the thread has been up for what? two months now? xD

^^;;; I'm bad at finishing up stuff like that. xD

Hmmm I think I might go a character building thread today~

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-21-2007, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sure thing~ ^^

From Closed to Open? xD

hah~ xD It's okay. I keep telling myself that I would finish up the profiles I posted but I haven't... and the thread has been up for what? two months now? xD

^^;;; I'm bad at finishing up stuff like that. xD

Hmmm I think I might go a character building thread today~
XD; Heh...I guess I should add Dr. Scott...and Krysta's former confidant/teacher. >>;;; I dunno...I stink at remembering obscure characters. DX

Hm? I'll be sure to check it out. ^^

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-21-2007, 02:26 AM

xD Add whatever you feel like. If it's not needed then don't add it. xD

xD thankies~ I just need something to do~ xD

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-21-2007, 02:30 AM

Weeeell...guess so...they'll just be, like, background, shadowy characters...at least, until I find my old notes on them. >.>

XD Same here...I have to go in a bit, but when I come back, I believe I'll write some more drabble...<.<;

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-21-2007, 02:33 AM

haha~
I hope you find the notes on them~ xD

Ah. Yeah I should go practice first and then start one it. ><

After I make 1k.

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-21-2007, 02:45 AM

Quote: