The Collection
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-09-2007, 03:15 AM

for the last month it yet freezing and restarting for some reason. then the monitor stopped working. I mean it would run up to the point were it said "welcome" when you start it up, then it went to sleep. all I had to do is take out the video card!

~discussion~
did you ever have computer problems after you installed new hardware?

Dannigirl
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-09-2007, 03:42 AM

Nopies.
Im glad about that too.^_^
Tho, congratz on fixing your pc.
=D

Evenoix
Dead Account Holder
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Evenoix Send a message via MSN to Evenoix

Old 05-09-2007, 03:51 AM

yea I have been having new problems every day, But Now that I downloaded all of the cleaners Like CC cleaner and Spybot search and destroy bmy comp has been having a lot less issues,

you should look into getting them ^_^

best of luck in the future with your computer!

Flinx
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-09-2007, 04:01 AM

I remember one time where I tried this new Peter Pan game. While I was installing it, I decided to stop so I clicked cancle, and then my computer go crazy! So that's one of the time how I crash my computer. :\ My comp then was quite old, too, so it wasn't the game's entire fault, I think.

There's also this one time where I accidentally push some key on the keyboard and the screen flipped. @o@ Oh man. LoL. I can only remember so much. I crash it and reformat it over like 5 times. xD It still lives now.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 05-09-2007, 04:03 AM

...It took you a whole month to figure out that it was your video card? xD If you install new hardware/software and something stops working... it's always a conflict with the new stuff! Oh, I wish I had the ROFL emoticon to fully express my amusement.

ROFL. Sure, I've had problems with incompatibility but I always knew what the issue was. I actually forgot to change my new DVD burner to master from the slave default a couple months ago. But I knew what it was when I couldn't find the drive. And once I didn't load some RAM right and well.. my computer wouldn't start. Pretty obvious there, too.

xD

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 05-09-2007, 04:04 AM

Gonna move this to Computers! :mrgreen:

DoubleTrouble
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 05-13-2007, 02:55 PM

Once your computer goes wrong, you have to backtrack to what it was before it happened. Like, did you install any new software or hardware? What I usually do is to restore my system to an earlier time. The stored files are not affected, anyway.
If that doesn't work, try removing, then re-attaching your peripherals one by one. Do it on a trial and error basis.
The last resort? Reformat! :shock: