Duskalts
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-30-2007, 08:05 PM

One of the most beautiful RPGs out there for the Game Cube.

Sadly, one of the most unknown.

Anyone here had the chance to play it? <3

Aleu
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-04-2007, 04:13 AM

This thread is buried deep inside this forum and totally, absolutely has no right to go unnoticed like that. Baten Kaitos is the most glorious RPG's I have ever played, including the entire Final Fantasy lineup, and it deserves recognition for being so dang good.

I've only really played Origins, so I'm not going to talk about Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean xD

Pros:

+ Amazing card based battle system, the only one of its kind that isn't crap.
+ In Final Fantasy, you're hit with alot of emo, aloof protagonists who're about as charismatic and likeable as a brick. Not to mention they're completely unaware of your existence and have minimal backstory. In the BK games, the characters are all very well developed, have beautiful personalities, and address you frequently and freely. Point in case, this makes them all the closer to your heart xD
+ The story is wonderful. There are a bunch of very nice twists, in addition to a small segment with more twists than Lombard Street.
+ The voice acting is amazingly well done. It's witty, emotional, and the darn echo is gone.

Cons:

- Some of the battles are a little bit too heavy on luck rather than skill, but that's mainly at the beginning.
- I can't think of anything else.

I love BKO <3~