ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 12-15-2013, 02:07 AM

From the Desk of ClockworkLupine

Welcome one and all to my writing thread! Short stories, drabbles, and other fiction floating around in my head will be posted here. I like to write a multitude of genres depending on what inspires me. Many times my stories will feature original characters but I do write fanfiction every now and again so don't be surprised to find a Fairy Tail and other series fanfics pop up.

Music is another thing I feel I should mention. To me it sets the mood and atmosphere. More often than not, I'll link music I wrote the story to and perhaps one I feel relates to the specific plot/characters involved.

Strangely enough I'll also be writing histories for the character blog I plan on building. There are so many characters and ideas dancing around my imagination that I NEED a place to put them until they find a roleplay home.

I hope you enjoy what you read!

All the Best,

~CL

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 12-15-2013 at 02:09 AM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 12-15-2013, 02:09 AM

~~Story Element Guide~~
Before getting into writing anything, I wanted have this special handy guide available to make my thread super user friendly. Everything I write will have one or several codes underneath the title that alert the reader beforehand to major elements the piece contains. That way no one will stumble onto a horror story when they want a romance drabble, and people looking for fantasy AU fanfiction won't get into a humorous short story with original characters.

Basically it helps you find the kinds of things you do want to read and avoid the things you don't. :3 Pretty neat, hm?

OC= Original Character or Characters
AU= Alternate Universe (as opposed to a canon series universe)
ROM= Romance
COM= Comedy/Humor
DRA= Drama
HOR=Horror/Supernatural/Paranormal
CD= Character Death
V= Violence
FAN= Fantasy
SCI= Science Fiction/Futuristic
FIC= Fanfiction

More will be added as needed...

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 12-18-2013 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: Created a Handy Dandy Guide for the Thread

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 12-18-2013, 04:50 AM

~~Navigation~~
Introduction
Story Element Guide

~~Stories~~
~~Drabbles~~
~~Fanfiction~~
~~Character Histories~~
Gill "Kai" Kaleo (OC, SCI)

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 12-24-2013 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: Added Navigation

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 12-24-2013, 06:24 AM

--VOLT RIDER FILES: GILL"KAI" KALEO
--(OC, SCI)
--Character History/Story Origins

We are riders.
We are warriors.
Long ago my ancestors were some of the first to take to the waves.
Now how proud they must be to see we can surf the skies right alongside them.
My name is Gill "Kai" Kaleo and I'm a Volt Rider. What are volts? They refer to something with electricity--I barely passed my science classes by the skin of my teeth, so I can't give any specifics about it--but they're also the nickname for a type of photon that emits electromagnetic waves depending on the area and weather. They call them photoaurora in the books. Sometimes you can trace them by the erratic flashes of color they give off. That I can tell you because boarding in water, in the air, and on land are my passions. It gives me peace. A lot of my life has been anything but peaceful, there are still stretches where getting out of bed requires gigantic effort.

Volt riding used to be just a hobby for young bucks into boardsports like me. Then the invasion came. People from another world tore through the barrier in attempt to take over. They had powers I only ever saw in comics and movies. There were pyros, hydros, cryos, and everything in between. Some looked really close to Humans while others looked like creatures of legend. They came in airships and large flying mobile suits. The Air Force wasn't able to keep up with their level of technology but were surprised to find that photoaurora was incredibly hard for their radars to detect and masking the presence of Human aircrafts for a period of time. That's where we come in.

The United Nations decided to come together against the impending invasion and build their own mobile suits based on plans handed in by a group of "Otherworld" turncoats, with one unique customization. They would be able to surf on volts just like riders could. Several prototypes ate major ish because the pilots didn't know how to hang. Pity, isn't it? So the UN issued a call for only the best boarders from each country to represent and work together. Out of them only twelve pilots were chosen. Two from North America, two from South America, two from Europe, two from Africa, two from Asia, and two from Australia. We're a special unit called the Volt Riders. More mobile suits that matched the Otherworlder's were produced and piloted by the UN Military.

One group is incredibly annoying and while we're supposed to be working together against a common enemy, they treat Volt Riders like the scum under their upturned noses. They're called the Vanguard and are the aerial aces of the UN Military. They still can't board to save their balls though, annoying snot-nosed pains in my a...Ah, sorry! Got off track there. Honestly I hope one day we can learn to coexist civilly with the invaders. It would help if both sides weren't so set on killing each other. Until then all I can do is survive until the next day and pray that we all can find a little peace.

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 01-03-2014 at 05:30 AM..