PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-01-2015, 08:46 PM

At the end of it, Priscilla would have been more then happy to throw her controller at the tv screen. She just wasn't good at this game, didn't understand the point of it either. "Well ... I'm not quite sure if I like this or not." She didn't, not one bit. It was so boring! Unless ...

She supposed crashing into things on purpose might be entertaining.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-04-2015, 04:23 AM

Key did his best not to frown at Priscilla. He knew it wasn't her fault. Even his parents didn't raise him to play and love video games; it took a college roommate to imbue that in him. "Well...I have other games. Is there any sort that you might want to play more? Or are you done...?" He had the new game he bought, but as much as he wanted to go crazy over that, he didn't often have a guest to play games with. He wanted this to last.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-04-2015, 10:57 PM

"Well ..." She hesitated, blushed. "Do you have anything with a plot line?" Priscilla nearly mentioned how she loved all things cute, and girly, and ... Well it was embarrassing, especially when that was one of the reasons she'd approached Key in the first place. He'd just looked so adorable in the store, and she'd wanted to talk to him.

"And I like cute things!" She squeaked it out and hid her face behind her hands. Peeking between her fingers, Priscilla bit her lower lip to stop herself from saying anything else.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2015, 04:55 AM

"Oh...oh-!" Key started, then doubled back when he realized what Priscilla said and how she reacted to it. He turned away, nearly jumping to his game stand in order to hide his blush. "I, well, it's supposed to be a given that I like cute things. Wear them all over myself...oh lesse...." He started riffling through his games as he switched topics mid-conversation. "Grand Theft Auto, Mario, more mario, zombies, Final Fantasy...but truth is my guilty pleasure is not all that cute at all. Surprises most people."

Key huffed and looked down at the pile of games he'd accumulated around his lap. A tiny pout painted his face. Which to pick? Cute? Was mario cute? "Which of these looks interesting to you?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-26-2017, 12:58 AM

Priscilla found herself leaning forward, just so she could get a really good look at all the colorful game covers. Which to choose?

One of them had a woman in a pink dress and blonde hair right on the cover, beside the plumber and a mushroom with a face. There were stars and dice and a game board on the cover. "This one looks like it might be okay?" It was called Mario Party something or other. It didn't look too hard to play. Maybe it was something even a complete beginner could enjoy, and it did look kind of cute too.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2017, 08:16 PM

Key's smile brightened as Priscilla picked the Mario Party game. "That's perfect! Hey, awesome really. Mario games are always better as multiplayer, especially this one," he hummed. It wasn't something he played often himself since half the joy was in doing it multi-player. He couldn't even say he was good at it, which was, pretty good actually. Flipping the case open, he popped in the disk with another smile over his shoulder at Priscilla. He still felt his cheeks might be a little pink, but he didn't care either. As he settled on the floor with his back to the couch, he flipped through the opening screens with a serious, but still smiling demeanor. "I actually suck at this a bit, so don't worry," he added as the first game started. "We can fail together."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-27-2017, 08:53 PM

As the screen flickered, and the images changed to the starting sequence, Priscilla settled onto the sofa. She tucked her skirt neatly beneath her knees and sat back straight. Even while facing something that was supposed to be fun, she couldn't help but act the proper lady she'd been taught to be since birth. People didn't really have governesses or professional nannies in North America; her parents had completely ignored that and gone ahead with the practice, engaging nannies from a school over in Britain whose students were often hired by celebrities. The nannies were trained by bodyguards, for goodness sake!

Thinking of it made her wonder just how much she'd missed out on normal life.

Priscilla frowned and shook her head. It was time to get ahold of herself. She'd decided to leave all of that behind, and besides ... She glanced at Key with a smile; maybe she had finally found someone to be her friend, someone absolutely adorable to boot! He wanted to teach her about something he liked, and wasn't that just amazing? She knew she hadn't done too well with the racing game, so she was determined to do better with this next one.

"I choose ..." Priscilla flicked the control stick and watched as a glowing box passed from one character to another until it landed on a pretty looking woman with a tiara, blond tresses, and an elaborate looking pink dress. "This one looks really pretty. Princess Peach, I think."

Should she have let Key choose first? "But if you'd rather choose her, it's fine. I'll pick another."

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 05-28-2017 at 02:06 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-28-2017, 01:56 AM

Key smiled, expecting nothing less from the proper lady sitting just behind him on the couch. Even the way she folded her legs spoke of the entirely different worlds that they came from. With Key's knees pointing to the sky in a skirt, he didn't look the least bit conscientious, but this was his own home. Why should he? Moving his own cursor to a random player, he shook his head. "No, that's fine. It suits you, really." Smiling over his shoulder at Priscilla, he started the game and let himself relax into the chaos that Mario party could be. Sure he failed at the very first challenge, but as they continued to play, he found himself laughing even harder than he expected when they both fell at the same time, or at least, within a half second of each other. "Hey, I think you're better at this than me!"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-28-2017, 02:15 AM

Why did the first mingame have to do with knocking the other players off a round platform while balancing on a ball like a circus elephant? Pris stiffled a giggle when she collided with Key's character and sent them both flying off the edge, leaving the two NPC characters to battle it out. It was ... maybe just a little bit fun.

"Me, better than you at a game?" Priscilla shook her head as her character landed on a red square. She was pretty sure that meant losing money, but at least she hadn't landed on that nasty turtle dragon's square. That would have been bad, he could have stolen her one and only star!

"Well, I think it's just beginner's luck." It had to be. "I'm much more comfortable with piano playing, or embroidery, than anything like this." She waved her controller around and suddenly her character froze right in the middle of a minigame. A glance at the purple cube showed one of the chords had popped right out. There went her lucky streak.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-28-2017, 09:02 PM

Key laughed, but insisted again that Priscilla was better than him even as her luck ran out. "Beginners luck or not, I just know I'm going to roll the worst thing possible right before the end of the game. I always go from first or second to last in the final moments. Isn't that terrible?" he hummed, rolling the dice on his turn to lackluster results. At this rate, it would take him forever to reach the end of the game course.

"You play piano and embroider though? I like it. Very old fashioned lady-like unlike me. Though I suppose I'm not a lady." Key laughed at himself. "But when it comes to clothes, I have the worst time finding flattering ones, ya know. Maybe you're good with that kind of stuff too? Fixing gal clothes to fit a guy?"

Key shook his head because Priscilla really was beating him now despite messing up on the last game. "Hey, hey. Will you play a game of my choice next if you win this one?" He bit his lip, realizing another minigame started and he needed to focus, at least a little. "Or at least, let me win something else?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-28-2017, 09:21 PM

"Sure, you can go right ahead and pick the next one. It's only fair that we take turns." In actuality Key would have had the right to choose all the time. They were in his home, playing on his things. She was a guest who'd invited herself, rather than a long time friend or acquaintance.

Her mind was only half on the game, though she still ended up placing second at the very end through sheer luck. The last minigame had been pure button smashing, and than she'd zipped right to the star square and bought another one just before the game ended. She kept thinking about the possibility of maybe being able to dress Key up in the cutest most adorable outfits of her very own making. Of course she could definitely work on making whatever clothes he chose fit him perfectly, but ... oh she'd always wanted someone she could make clothes for! Her wardrobe was full of her confections, imitations of period clothing, sweet lolita outfits galore!

Priscilla, golden-brown eyes shining, slid from the couch to kneel beside Key with the brightest of smiles. She grabbed his hands gently in her own. "I would absolutely love to work on clothes for you, even make some for you if you let me! No one has ever wanted me to do anything like that for them; they always said the work of a seamstress was beneath me, that others could make whatever I could dream but I did it anyway and I've always wanted to make things for someone else..." Breathless, blushing with embarrassment, the chesnut haired young woman pulled back and tried to collect herself. Priscilla patted her hair down, even though there was no need, and looked away.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-30-2017, 08:06 PM

Key groaned as the game ended, his competitive spirit hurting despite how he encouraged Priscilla to beat him. It wasn't as if he actually liked it. Never mind the smile growing on his face. It felt like forever since he played games with another person in the same room as him instead of online and even more unlikely to fight against them on a level field. The girl better watch out because next game he planned to totally demolish her. "That's good. I'm thinking hack and slash is in order," he started before Priscilla plopped down next to him and destroyed his train of thought.

"Eh?" he hummed, a little too shocked to even comment for a second. Priscilla sounded so excited and childish that it confused him, and delighted him a little bit as well. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't deny her what she wanted. "O-of course! If you want to make me clothes, that would be pretty awesome too. A geez..." He dragged a hand through his waves, turning half of it into frizz as he ducked his head, blushing slightly. "I've never met someone so enthusiastic about my wardrobe choice before. So thanks." He lightly bumped Priscilla's shoulder with his fist, grinning again at her show of properness that made no sense after her outburst. "Now lets get back to the games!"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-30-2017, 08:38 PM

Priscilla waited breatlessy for the few moments it took for Key to agree, then her heart soared. He'd agreed! If it hadn't been utterly and completely inappropriate, she might just have kissed him, she was so happy. Instead she tried to get comfortable on the ground rather than returning to her former seat on the sofa. Finally, Pris ended up with her back straight, and legs tucked to one side, wondering how she should have reacted to getting her shoulder bumped like that.

What kind of game had Key said they were going to play? Once her emotions had settled, Priscilla finally had the chance to wonder. "What's hack and .... slash? Is it some kind of cooking game where you see who can cut up fish better?" Maybe their characters would be competing sushi chefs.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-01-2017, 09:13 PM

For one slow second, Key blinked at Priscilla. Then he burst out laughing, his head thrown back, hitting the couch so hard a pillow thudded off, but he couldn't care less. "Cooking game? Hack and cooking!!" He coughed on his laughter, tears gathering at the corners of his eyes. Flopping over onto the floor, he looked at Priscilla with a mix of wonder and incredulity. Did she just make this up? And yet, the sheer absurdity of it awed him if nothing else. Clutching his gut, he shook his head past the laughter spasms. "No no no, it's like hacking up and slashing the enemy. Button mash, pile of dead bodies, max crit head shot in the last seconds for the win. Oh God, that's the funniest thing I've heard yet!" He grinned, not the least bit ready to let this go. "You really don't know anything do you?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-01-2017, 09:54 PM

It was like Key was speaking an entirely different language. Max crit, what the heck was that?

The more Key laughed, the more Priscilla felt embarrassed. She hung her head and picked at the floor. "It isn't my fault my parents didn't want me to ever play video games," mumbled the young woman. "They wanted to give me a classical education, so I learned Latin, Rethoric, Music, Mathematics, French and Etiquette ... You know, the kinds of things a young lady in a Jane Austen novel would learn, if her father was open minded. I was homschooled, which I'm sure you realized once you heard about the classes I took." Resentment and bitterness crept into her voice. Why couldn't she have been normal? Key wouldn't have been laughing at her if she'd been raised like others, though then their meeting might never have happened.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 06-01-2017 at 10:33 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-04-2017, 05:46 PM

Key choked back the last of his laughter quickly even though the jokes still resonated in his head, begging to be spoken and shared. He turned though, leveling a serious look at Priscilla for half a second. Then, he just sighed. "Don't you know how to laugh? We're playing games. This is fun stuff you know. If you really want to talk about parents and how they raised off, this conversation is going to get way too dark. I don't think you want that, so let's just keep playing, eh?" he added with a quick, bright smile at the end. He knew Priscilla took his laughter too seriously from the way she hung her head and he didn't like it. She was too beautiful of a girl to look so serious like that. Getting close, he leaned close to her face to grin where she couldn't avoid his gaze. "You know no matter what, I'm going to teach you everything you never wanted to know about video games."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-04-2017, 10:09 PM

Key's smiling face intruded on her glumness. Priscilla supposed he hadn't been laughing at her after all; and she blushed because of her misunderstading. Almost too embarrassed, she might have turned away again, if she hadn't thought that would have ruined the happy atmosphere Key wanted to reign.

To banish her sad thoughts, she imagined what kind of clothes she might make for Key, or the outfits she might make for herself ... She would actually be able to wear them for once, though now that she thought about it she'd always worried more about others wearing her creations. "So, you were saying you got to choose the game this time?" The young woman eyed the many gadgets strewn beneath the tv a little warrily. She was just getting used to the controls on the purple square, what if Key decided to switch gaming systems too?

"What do you want to teach me next, anyway?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-07-2017, 06:40 PM

Key finally pulled away to sit on his butt a foot away from Priscilla, still facing her. It seemed she got his message and for a second, Key watched the look of embarrassment flash over his face. He knew he shouldn't amuse himself with that though so he turned his game shelf again, moving aside a few of the knickknacks to look at the titles more clearly. He knew them all by heart even if sometimes their order changed places, organized more by love and use than any conventional system. His hand hesitated though, eyes finding his new game once again.

"Well..." he started with a bit of his lip. One quick glance in Priscilla's direction, then he looked away again, pretending to find his game shelf more interesting than he actually did. "We could play a hack and slash game together...um, a simpler one? Those exist, kinda. Or if...ya know...you want a break from playing, you could just watch me for a while. Make some sandwiches and tea, just sit here and play. Something like that?" It was a rude thing to suggest to his guest, he supposed, but right now, the lure of the beautiful, long awaited, fighter games called to him.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-07-2017, 08:51 PM

There were so many games to choose from. How did Key even know where they all were? To Priscilla the pile of black edged cases seemed like a disorganized mess. The brunette edged closer, for once not entirely noticing how her skirt got all rumpled and disordered as she tried to make a decision.

It was her decision, wasn't it? It sounded like Key wanted her to actually stop playing. Admittedly, a little while ago she would have jumped on the chance to get up and do something ... "I don't know how to make tea or sandwhiches, remember?" Her voice lilted up, and Priscilla was surprised to find herself smiling and teasing this person she'd only known for a few hours at best.

"But, we could play wathever thing you bought at the store ... If you were there to get a game." She was assuming he had. The bag he'd been holding had been so flat, it could only have been a game or some kind of book.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-11-2017, 01:34 AM

Key huffed as he rolled his eyes at Priscilla's comment. "Did I say you had to make the snacks?" he answered, the same edge of teasing in his voice. It felt so natural even though he didn't think she ever teased him before. It left him wanting to giggle from the odd, but wonderful notion of Priscilla with sass. Shaking his head, he tilted his body so he could see the young woman's face better.

"Well, it was just a suggestion anyway. I don't know if you're hungry, or like tea, or just water, or soda, or I don't really know. I don't want to just play a game and give you nothing to do though so at least you should have a bowl of popcorn to munch on...if you're fine with me just playing a game." Smiling sheepishly, he looked at the shopping bag, a rectangular shape clearly visible past the translucent plastic film. "Since it's not multiplayer, I feel a little weird, like I'm being a bad host and friend..." He dropped the word easily, not realizing himself the significance of 'friend'. So naturally he felt it that he didn't even consider. After only a few hours, he considered Priscilla a friend.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-11-2017, 08:24 PM

Priscillaa fiddled with her skirt, a tweed knee length affair, and considered what to do. Finally, after moments of deliberation, she nodded as she came to a conclusion she thought would please them both.

"If you have any paper, some pencils ... maybe even coloring pencils ... I could make some sketches of ideas for clothes." It seemed like the only time Priscilla wasn't sure of herself was when it came to sewing and fashion. "Of course I would have to ask questions too, and you'll probably be busy... "
She didn't want to bother her very first friend. Friendship was a new thing, like a pet that needed to be nurtured and trained. Priscilla had no idea where to begin.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-13-2017, 06:28 PM

Key smiled, more than pleased with Priscilla's suggested. "Oh? Of course I have some!" Jumping to his feet, he padded to the other side of the room, humming at a few drawers before finding one in a low coffee table with curly designs at the legs' base. He spent ages saving up to buy it, being one of the nice pieces of his furniture and new at that instead of bought used. Inside, he found construction paper in all colors, lined paper and a couple cheap sketchbooks that he proffered to Priscilla. "Will these do? There should be pencils somewhere on the table, if you can find it under the clutter." He paused, sifting through the drawer again. "Ah, there's crayola pencils too if a six pack is fine," he added with a chuckle. The box looked new, obviously not something he used much. Amid the rest of the bobbles of odd and unique items in his home though, it would be out of place if he didn't own something like that.

Settling down by the tv again, he popped out the last game they'd played and put it in its place as he waited to see if Priscilla accepted these things as enough entertainment. He still planned to make snacks though, just in case. "Have you had popcorn before?" he asked suddenly.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-14-2017, 07:52 PM

Her eyes sparkled as she accepted the pile of art supplies. "This is wonderful," answered Priscilla absentmindedly as she flipped a sketchbook open and plucked a pencil from the nearby collection. Her hand was sure as she sketched a quick figure, slender like Key was with a hint of feminism in male male features. But it was what she would do after to the sketch that would matter. What in the world would she design?

"Popcorn, yeah I've had it before. The gourmet kind in the movie room at home." Though it wasn't home anymore.

Priscilla shook her hair out of her eyes and peered at Key, taking in what colors he was wearing, trying to decide if he liked layering or not. "Do you ever cosplay?" Designing something like that would be kind of fun; Priscilla would have to play whatever game character he wanted to be if he did say that's what he wanted. It would be the only way to truly understand the personality she would have to convey, and it needed to be a first hand experience, otherwise Priscilla knew she would get all confused and the costume wouldn't do justice to the character.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-21-2017, 03:04 PM

Key rolled his eyes at Priscilla's mention of gourmet popcorn, but still grinned as he rolled to his feet again, his mind already half on food. "Cosplay? No? I mean...not in that sense anyway, but I've worn costumes that might as well be," he hummed. Hanging in the archway between his living area and the simple, but relatively spacious kitchen, he met Priscilla's eye. The question made him curious and worried in that spine-tingling, excited sort of way. A cosplay? Just what was this girl thinking? "Why do you ask...?" he added with a slow lilt to his voice, one eyebrow raised. "Do you like that kind of stuff? Want to design me some kind of cosplay?" He let out a huff and a giant grin. "I'm surprised you even know that term! I thought you were a sheltered proper girl in old-fashioned garb! But I mean, the awesome looking sort."

Shaking his head, he slipped into the kitchen to start rummaging, though he kept his ears on the conversation. It wouldn't be hard to talk through the open archway and he could still hear the faint scritch of Priscilla's pencil over the metallic hum of his game system. Both sounds only made him more excited.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-22-2017, 09:22 PM

Priscilla half listened to what Key was saying. Already she was sketching out a bubbly outfit, skirt with tulle beneath a solid colored fabric. She was thinking of adding a rainbow ribbon around the hem to give it that fun pop of color. The shirt ... She would need to think about that.

"I got permission to watch the french dubbed version of Carcaptor Sakura because it would help me learn french. Tomoyo kind of inspired me to start sewing." She added a few lines to her design, a ruffled bolero perhaps?

And then she couldn't concentrate as Key's compliment filtered through. It was the sincerest compliment she'd ever heard! Admittedly, that wasn't saying much. "Uhm ... yeah ... well I've always wanted to, and it would be fun to design something for you. Isn't there a character you'd like to dress up as?"