Skudge
Unidentified Flying Cupcake

Old 09-28-2009, 01:38 AM

I prefer traditional media, but I'm also working on a bachelor's in painting. I do enjoy painting/viewing digital art, though. It really just depends. When it comes to buying or trading art, I'd probably say traditional because I really like to have the original in my hands. It's much nicer. :]

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-30-2009, 03:22 AM

I'm really glad to see so many people say traditional art. I often have worried that traditional mediums are being less appreciated in the cg age, happy to see I may be wrong.

Ephelie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-04-2009, 09:31 PM

I like both equally for different reasons. For coloring, digital art is much smoother and makes for easy corrections. However, I prefer doing my lineart on traditional media, since I can make smoother lines. People who color with traditional media, like, say, painting or watercolor, impress me a lot. These are mediums I've yet to master ^^;

Though, since I'm not an artist who colors her drawings much, I personally prefer to work with the good ol' pencil and paper! :D I sometimes color with coloring pencils and a blender marker (it makes for sweet color-blends! =D) but, since I've got a tablet, I'm learning how to CG.

amulet
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-10-2009, 06:04 PM

i do traditional. most people who do only digital can't draw traditionally at all. i feel like digital artists are sell outs in the art world. how can you truly be an artist without graphite all over you fingers and paint on your clothes? personally, i would like to learn to be able to do digital too, but i would always be primarily a traditional artist. when i see beautiful works of art on deviantart that are done digitally it's really disappointing.
in my opinion people who do only digital art are sell outs.

Mirielle195
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2009, 02:26 AM

Definantly traditional art, but I do like digital. I want to get Adobe Illustrator one day so I can digitally draw and color my works one day, but for now I'll still with traditional hehe.

SamuraiPanda
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-17-2009, 02:50 AM

I like both equally. Doesn't matter if one is better then the other. All that matters to me is that the artist put their time and effort into it so that it would be an original piece drawn to the best of their abilities.

Citteh
The One and Only

Old 10-17-2009, 06:08 AM

Ah the great debate.

I dunno for some reasons I think that digital is better and other reasons I like traditional.
I like the fact that with digital you don't smudge if you are sketching and the erase lines are always terrible. Also I hate the fact that if you mess up once it can sometimes screw up the whole thing. That always freaks me out. Also I like to share my art work online so that is a big put down. :P

With digital though I don't like the fact that I can't hold the piece of artwork I created with my hands. Also when I am painting I love that i can feel the 3D-ness of the paint after it is dry. It is so cool and adds a totally different dimension into your art.

They both have their ups and downs. :P

ellaangelus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-17-2009, 09:50 PM

it depends
digital art has so many styles,
that i only like few of them
dunno really how to explain,
but there are some digital images i don't like,
but others i love
is all about talent
and traditional.. i guess is the style i like the most
can't really explain,
but it just looks really good

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 10-18-2009, 06:58 AM

I prefer drawing traditionally, and then editing digitally. :)

When buying art, it really just depends on the quality of the art; if I'm presented with an awesome traditional artist and an awesome digital artist I'll save up for the month it'd take me to afford their prices and buy from both! :D
Because you're never ensured good work just by the medium a person uses.

SamuraiPanda
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-18-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannamal View Post
I prefer drawing traditionally, and then editing digitally. :)

When buying art, it really just depends on the quality of the art; if I'm presented with an awesome traditional artist and an awesome digital artist I'll save up for the month it'd take me to afford their prices and buy from both! :D
Because you're never ensured good work just by the medium a person uses.
Truer words have never been spoken!

Zackarai
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-06-2009, 05:38 AM

I think I prefer traditional drawing. I'm a little more comfortable with it. I do digital art too and I have a tablet. I think you have more control with digital art, but I feel like I'm better with traditional.

Murasaki Fujiwara
Potato

Old 11-07-2009, 04:15 AM

that is a really tough question, because they both have benefits as well as problems...I suppose I like digital better, because if I make a mistake, then it is not hard for me to go back and fix it.