hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-28-2018, 03:00 AM

It shows how badly the chickens are treated. And I love mcnuggets and I haven't been able to eat any sense I saw the stupid commercial. I mean I'm not naive but I just don't want to know all that other stuff. I learned very young that chickens die so I can have chicken noodle soup. My grandma's favorite chicken was lunch one day. I learnt not to name the chickens or fall in love with them

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-28-2018, 04:31 AM

One of my hens died today.😢

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-28-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseydee View Post
One of my hens died today.😢
Aww! I'm sorry to hear this! Do you know why she died?

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-29-2018, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
Aww! I'm sorry to hear this! Do you know why she died?
I think it froze to death. It was mixed with a turken. Those r chickens without feathers on their necks. Also she just wasn't very strong. The poor thing.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-02-2018, 05:11 AM

https://youtu.be/odJfiB8ab5A

This is the video I watched that pointed out the strange fibers and other strange objects found in Mcnuggets under a microscope.

I'm no health guru, but I never eat at McDonalds anymore.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-02-2018, 08:39 AM

The only thing I only eat McDonald's when I am with others that choose to go there...and the only thing I eat there is the fillet of fish...and sometimes I have a hard time finishing that!
I have a hard time eating most foods...not just fast foods.
When I brown hamburger to use in something like burritos or casseroles, I drain off the fat and rinse it to get all the grease off...then I wipe the pan with a paper towel...and the paper towel comes away colored red. I assume this is for dye that is added to make the raw meat look fresh.
I can't let myself think about stuff like this very much...if I do, I wind up not wanting to eat anything at all! ...I actually have to force myself to eat at least one meal a day! Nothing ever sounds good to eat anymore!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-03-2018, 03:24 AM

Quote:
The only thing I only eat McDonald's when I am with others that choose to go there...and the only thing I eat there is the fillet of fish...and sometimes I have a hard time finishing that!
I have a hard time eating most foods...not just fast foods.
When I brown hamburger to use in something like burritos or casseroles, I drain off the fat and rinse it to get all the grease off...then I wipe the pan with a paper towel...and the paper towel comes away colored red. I assume this is for dye that is added to make the raw meat look fresh.
I can't let myself think about stuff like this very much...if I do, I wind up not wanting to eat anything at all! ...I actually have to force myself to eat at least one meal a day! Nothing ever sounds good to eat anymore!
I saw something about how certain grocery stores would repackage older meats and put a new expiration date on the package.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-04-2018, 10:07 AM

In other unexciting news, I ate a rather delicious tasting breakfast muffin from a Pilot truck stop.

You may all continue your daily routines now. That is all.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-04-2018, 09:52 PM

We had arby's out today.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-05-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
We had arby's out today.
Last time I ate something from Arby's I got food poisoning really bad. It took me two entire days to recover from that ordeal. This came from the Arby's attached to the TA in Coachella, California. I don't know if that particular TA has improved since 2014 and 2015, but it's the nastiest TA I've ever seen by far.

I sent an email to the San Bernardino health department detailing my food foley, but I never received a reply. Probably too busy being corrupt bureaucrats.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2018, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
Last time I ate something from Arby's I got food poisoning really bad. It took me two entire days to recover from that ordeal. This came from the Arby's attached to the TA in Coachella, California. I don't know if that particular TA has improved since 2014 and 2015, but it's the nastiest TA I've ever seen by far.

I sent an email to the San Bernardino health department detailing my food foley, but I never received a reply. Probably too busy being corrupt bureaucrats.
Yikes. That beef was b b b bad to the bone

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-08-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Yikes. That beef was b b b bad to the bone
It was an undercooked breakfast sausage sammich.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-09-2018, 08:54 PM

Eeeeeeew

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-10-2018, 09:55 AM

Today was a good day. I ate at both Del Taco and Fatburger in Barstow, California. It is my humble opinion that Del Taco and Fatburger make the best tacos and burgers respectively in the fast food world.

Meanwhile, a Werner tractor is unable to start whilst sitting at the fuel island. I can't blame the tractor as I wouldn't want to run for Werner, either.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-10-2018, 02:00 PM

*peeks in*

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-10-2018, 07:03 PM

I miss the old truck stops

---------- Post added 12-10-2018 at 02:10 PM ----------

As a boy before I 75. To go from Detroit to hazard ky we followed us 12( or maybe 24) south to us 25 south to eat 64. They were all 2 lane highways and truck stops were the place to eat. Family restaurants required ties and jackets then.
Burger chef put a stop to that.
But sadly 75 ended the truck stops and tourist traps of the time and all the little cute towns that depended on the truck stops and gas stations.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-18-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
I miss the old truck stops

---------- Post added 12-10-2018 at 02:10 PM ----------

As a boy before I 75. To go from Detroit to hazard ky we followed us 12( or maybe 24) south to us 25 south to eat 64. They were all 2 lane highways and truck stops were the place to eat. Family restaurants required ties and jackets then.
Burger chef put a stop to that.
But sadly 75 ended the truck stops and tourist traps of the time and all the little cute towns that depended on the truck stops and gas stations.
Never heard of Burger Chef. Sounds like an oxymoron.

---------- Post added 12-18-2018 at 01:19 AM ----------

Meanwhile, MY tractor won't start. Some stupid computer sensor has malfunctioned and won't let the tractor start. I hope no towing is to be required.

---------- Post added 12-18-2018 at 01:49 AM ----------

In other unexciting news, I met a Walmart driver at the Petro Iron Skillet outside of Kingman, Arizona. Vern. What a character. Says he has forty seven years driving experience. I remarked to him, "Talk about White Line Fever". He replied that driving was becoming harder every day. He plans to retire in three years. I simply cannot imagine driving for that long.
So Vern asks me if I cook when I am at home. I answered in the affirmative. He then asks if I know how to prepare "gold soup". I answered, "No." Vern then tells me to add twenty four carrots to boiling water. This was a knee slapper.

Then Vern tells me he opened a door for a lady coming in. The lady tells him that she hopes he didn't open the door for her on account of her gender. Vern says he opened the door for her because of her age. Taken aback, the lady tells him that her age is none of his business, to which Vern replies with, "It looks like you've been in the business a long time." Another knee slapper. I then told Vern that I bet he got her phone number immediately after that comment.

As it turns out, both of my companies terminal managers are from Walmart and Vern knew both of them. I thought that was interesting. Both seem to be proficient managers and are well liked. Which is kind of rare these days.

I wish I could move the tractor away from the road and at a better angle. I only parked here to eat and now I am stuck. Arrrgh.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-18-2018, 10:23 AM

Vern sounds like quite the comedian!
I hope your tractor problem is resolved in quick order.
The BF and I like to watch the show "Highway Through Hell," which is about a semi truck towing company in Alaska. Most of the semi truck accidents are caused by the treacherous snow covered highway...Some of those trucks get pretty messed up!
If you do require your tractor to be towed, I hope you get a nice respectful tow truck driver!

stormiie
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to stormiie

Old 12-18-2018, 10:32 AM

Hello...

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-18-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormiie View Post
Hello...
Hello, and welcome to our humble thread.

stormiie
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to stormiie

Old 12-18-2018, 06:32 PM

Hey,
Thank you. It's been a while since I have been on this site. How are you?

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-19-2018, 03:46 AM

Me? Not bad.these daze I drink coffee,raise chickens and take naps. U?

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-20-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Vern sounds like quite the comedian!
I hope your tractor problem is resolved in quick order.
The BF and I like to watch the show "Highway Through Hell," which is about a semi truck towing company in Alaska. Most of the semi truck accidents are caused by the treacherous snow covered highway...Some of those trucks get pretty messed up!
If you do require your tractor to be towed, I hope you get a nice respectful tow truck driver!
The tow truck driver was fine. He only had to go ten miles to the local repair shop. And he was quick! Most tractor trailer tow trucks show up two to four hours after you call them. Not this guy. Anyway, we weren't near each other long to have a disagreement or heart to heart conversation.

The repair shop only took several hours to get my tractor back on the road. It's lovely how these vehicle computers are supposed to allow an engine to run more efficiently and prevent or detect problems can cause an otherwise mechanically sound motor from even starting due to a computer malfunction.

I may have watched a few minutes of Highway Through Hell on a truck stop tv. All I know is that when you drive into snow and ice you'd better chain up or you'll become stuck or crash. It's I-80 through Wyoming during winter is probably the worst for vehicle crashes. Heck, I've even seen a guy who passed me at high speed lie crashed on the side of the road. And this was in summer. Passing through the wreckage I snapped one good photo. Judging from the photo I surmise he smacked right into the rear of another tractor trailer. Later on, at the truck stop buffet, I learned other drivers carried this guy out of his tractor on his mattress. There was no fire, and I never found out if he survived or not.

---------- Post added 12-20-2018 at 03:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormiie View Post
Hey,
Thank you. It's been a while since I have been on this site. How are you?
I'm as fine as frog hair. Made it back to the terminal for still more repairs. This time my electronic logging device is screwed up. This is probably due to incomplete repairs made prior a few days ago. Good grief.

ladydiana
Planet Rock

Old 12-21-2018, 08:21 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to everyone.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2018, 06:08 AM

Well, that was very interesting. I caught up on all the gossip fodder I've missed. Mr x and I sight seed on this block that goes all out in decorating. At night it's lit up like Disneyland. One house even brings in snow to have a mini sled run for kids. This one house has this huge tree they decorate. We're talking crane high. But the tree is tilting. It was alarmingly tilted today. They're going to have to top it. Many of the nabes bring out a portable fire pit and put chairs around it. My favorite place was the Grinch house. It had tons of Grinch's. Blow up ones. The owner had them hanging from trees. There were these scenes like a cage with Santa inside and a smirking Grinch outside. There was a sign saying can you find all the Grinch's. I would spend many happy moments counting the mischievous green beings.