AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-15-2013, 02:24 AM

This is a story based off of Rin and Len Kagamine's Series of Evil. The rp is between me and NekoLen. Feel free to read but please do not post.

Rin Kagamine stood gazing at the withering rose garden. The once green and full of life beauty was now dying off slowly. All that remained were brown thorns with a few browned petals clinging with the last of their life. It reminded her of the kingdom that she was currently the princess and ruler over. She no longer cared if they died out anyways. She wanted them to suffer the pain she secretly kept locked away. She was glad to see Fall come in and kill everything. The more they begged her the better her entertainment became. None of them mattered to her at all. Their lives were small and so simple to squeeze the life out of. If they ever ran out, she would just punish them by taking every last bit. It didn't matter to her if they hated her. She liked it this way because she honestly hated them all too. They had taken Len away from her. This was just her way of getting revenge.

Last edited by AzuraX; 01-15-2013 at 02:35 AM..

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 01-15-2013, 03:03 AM

A small cough intruded on the Princess' thoughts. An elderly butler trembled before her, afraid to face her wrath. His wife had recently been sentenced to death for simply dropping a glass in the Princess' prescence. He bowed deeply, as far as his back would allow him to.

"Your Highness, forgive the intrusion, but a young man is here to see you. It seems he was sent by your father to serve you as a personal servant," the old man wheezed, still in his deep bow. He wondered how the dead King could have sent someone to his daughter, but he never questioned royalty. The young man was being truthful as well, he held a letter sealed with the King's crest. "Shall I let him in?"

Waiting outside the throne room, a young man with blonde hair tied back in a small pony tail waited. He stood with his hands behind him, rocking back and forward on his polished shoes. Nothing about his presence would give away the nervous pounding of his heart. He hadn't seen his twin sister since they were just children. She had asended to the Throne while he finished his schooling. Even though he was the first born male, because he was overseas when his father passed away, he missed out on being the King. Everyone thought he was dead. He didn't know how his sister would take it.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-15-2013, 03:28 AM

Her cold blue eyes looked at her butler. To her, he was prey caught in her spider web. All it took was one bad step to get stuck in the unbreakable thread. Once in the spider's nest all that remained was the inescapable death. "I ordered that no one is to bother me while I am in the garden. That will be a full weeks pay gone for disobeying me." She spoke the death toll and then went inside, her black dress shifting along.

Taking her rightful place in the throne chair Rin gazed coldly down at her servant. For a moment she recalled a Undertaker coming to her castle to tell her the news of her brother's sudden death. Even now it hurt her deeply to remember that. Her gaze turned into a glare as she looked over the blonde man. Someone like him probably wouldn't last even a day here. "I heard you are to be my servant. Was my father joking? You are just a puny boy from the peasants streets. I don't even know how a small peasant you even survived this long." Rin talked down at him, her voice like sharp ice.

Last edited by AzuraX; 01-15-2013 at 08:25 PM..

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 AM

Len bowed deeply as the Princess entered the room and while she talked, he could hear the pain behind her words. Out of the corner of his eyes, he took in his sister's appearance. She was older now, like him. Her hair was longer as well and she was developing nicely. Len used to tease her about her flat chest, and Rin would get so mad.

"My dear Princess, please accept me as your servant. I have spent my whole life training to answer only to you, Your Grace. I will do anything in my power to make you happy." He didn't mention that he was indeed her twin brother. She wouldn't believe him if he tried. As far as she knew, Len Kagamine was dead. He didn't get up from the bow, waiting for her word to do so.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 PM

Rin looked over the boy in doubt. How could a small boy like him become her servant? Surely he was joking. No one wanted to serve her. Countless people ran from the kingdom from just working an hour for her. Even if what he said was true, there was no way for him to last here. He would be gone in no time at all. "Fine then, I will take you as my servant. But if you ever disobey me I will excile you from my kingdom permanently. All it takes is one wrong move and you will be out of here for good. I don't care if you worked twenty four hours straight all of your life to be a servant, don't waist my time by ruining the job you have been given."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 08:44 PM

Len nodded, still in his deep bow. "Yes, Your Highness. You will not regret this decision, I promise you that," he said. He straightened up, but still kept his head low and not looking at the Princess. She was a Goddess that he would worship. He would do anything to make her happy. Anything. She would come to see that. When she did, he could tell her who he really was. But for now, he would be the nameless servant of the Princess of the Yellow Kingdom.

Len pulled out a small book. He had written down her schedules and appointments from the old butler. He had seemed relieved to not be the one organising her. "Your Grace, it seems that your gardens were scheduled to be weeded. The landscaper and gardener are... Indesposed..." He remembered passing their corspes on the way to the Palace. It seemed the Princess had a habit of displaying criminals to make examples of them. "Would you like me to do them for you? It would be a big job, but I should be done in three hours."

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-16-2013, 10:00 PM

When Len came to Rin she was busy writing away. She signed as she even ripped a couple and let them fall to the floor without a care. All of them were complaints from the citizens or counsel. It was like she had to baby sit them constantly and that was one reason she had began to charge the city more. If they didn't pay then there was no way to help them. She was glad to have her thoughts pulled away from the problems of her city, though. "If you are going to weed the garden, leave the yellow thorned flowers alone. They aren't weeds, they just need the thorns to protect themselves from people who carelessly try to destroy them by ripping them of their lives. Doesn't it kind of remind you of a human life? So beautiful that you just want to pluck it's remains for yourself. People are so selfish, grabbing anything they can get their hands on..." She closed her eyes as she clung onto the remains of Len. A small white bow that she used to always place in her hair. She could still recall the day she got it.

... It was a lovely Fall that year. Bright red, orange, and yellow engulfed their kingdom like a great giant flame. Fall was Rin's favorite season, even back then. She loved the changes of the leaves that made the hour of twilight the best. Though she had enjoyed three o'clock tea time, the twilight hour was definitely the best to her. Rin had been playing with Len and twilight had started to come in. Since Len knew how much she had loved this hour he had her cover her eyes and when she looked again he gave her a beautiful snow white bow she could put in her hair. "Happy birthday Rin." Len spoke those words so gently... Why did they have to be his last?

Last edited by AzuraX; 01-17-2013 at 09:15 PM..

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-17-2013, 06:02 AM

Len nodded. Of course he wouldn't harm the yellow flowers. They had always been the symbol of the Kagamine family, and Rin's favourite. When he had asked her why, she had replied that even though they seemed fragile and beautiful, their sharp thorns would hurt those who wished harm upon them. Just like Rin, Len thought with a smile. He bowed low again and left the room, going to the gardens in the courtyard. He looked over the plants and sighed. Everything was dying, strangled by ugly weeds. It seemed he had his work cut out for him.

He took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves. He started, working hard for hours, never stopping, even when he cut himself or his back started ache. He had to prove to Rin that he would do anything, and never stop until she was happy. After 4 hours, he had finished his work. The garden had been restored to its former glory, the yellow flowers being the centre piece of the courtyard. He stood back and admired his work.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-17-2013, 08:43 PM

Rin took care of most of the important work on her own. Citizens talked of her doing nothing but little did they know they were only alive because she had carefully looked over everything. As the only heir to the throne she got constant proposals along with arrangements, contracts, trades, and the economy's standards. People like them would never understand just how hard it could be to maintain. It didn't matter if they never understood her, she just wanted Len back. Somewhere deep inside she was still waiting for her brother to come back. Now that she thought about it tomorrow would be the anniversary of his death and it would also be her birthday. Since she wanted to visit the grave they had made for Len she called for her butler to bring her newest servant to her. "Tomorrow I will be visiting the tomb of my household so make sure I have nothing to do tomorrow. I don't want to be bothered with anything, got it?"

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-18-2013, 04:00 AM

Len was called to the Princess' side and bowed low as she instructed him. "Yes, Your Highness," he spoke, confirming that he had heard and understood. Tomorrow... Tomorrow was Rin's birthday. It was also the day that news had spread that the young Prince had been tragically killed. Len still never understood why his father had spread the rumour and separated them. Though, he had a suspicion that it was something to do with how their mother was with child. Unfortunately, the Queen and their unborn sibling had died.

"M'lady, tomorrow is the day of your birth. I would love to celebrate it somehow... Would you mind if I made your favourite desert? Orange cake, isn't it Your Grace?"

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-18-2013, 04:37 AM

Rin looked at him very coldly, glaring at him. Her hands clutched her chair tightly. She felt hate rise within her body. How could he go and say something like making her a cake? Had he not heard at word? She was so angry she left her throne chair and walked up to him, slapping him with her black gloved right hand. "How dare you speak of celebration! Are you deaf? I am going to visit my families tomb because it will be the anniversary of his death... How could I possibly rejoice in such a day? I curse the day of my birth. Do not speak of it to me again. It isn't the same without Len... But some useless peasant like you could never understand my pain." With these bitter words she stormed out to the garden, seeing how he had perfectly done the garden over. Before she knew it salty tears rolled off her face and many of them hit the dirt without a sound.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 PM

Len shook where he stood, rubbing his burning cheek. He had not expected Rin to get so upset. She must have really missed him. He bit his lip, his heart thumping loudly. He had failed to make the Princess happy... He blinked back tears and went to find her in the courtyard. He couldn't be Len around her. He had to be someone else. He quietly moved towards her, not saying anything. He reached over and picked a flower, not one of the precious yellow ones, but a white rose. He knew that she would get upset if he picked the yellow flowers.

He removed the thorns with his thumb, letting them cut into his skin and draw blood. Sucking the blood off his thumb, he tucked the flower behind Rin's ear. "You are far too beautiful to cry, Your Grace. Please don't be sad. Your brother, I am sure he wouldn't want you to be sad," he said carefully, wishing he could kiss her cheek and hug her. He didn't say anything else. He sat at her feet and kissed the tip of her shoe, turning around and gazing at the gardens.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-19-2013, 02:08 AM

Rin ignored him at first, her eyes distant. Why was Len dead? Why did Len, of all people, have to be taken from her? No one else would of mattered at all. But it just had to been Len. After the death of her father she was the only one left here. The more she was in this garden, the more she realized just how alone she was. She closed her eyes as her thoughts ran over memories of Len. She could recall the days they were little and would play till twilight. Her mind came back to reality as he kissed her foot and talked. "Just shut up... You don't understand anything at all... You have no idea what it's like to be all alone. No one here understands me at all. That is why they all hate me, because they are quick to hate a flower covered in too many thorns. They call it a weed because it clings to it's life and always comes back no matter how many times you destroy it. It's not a weed at all. It's a strong flower that refuses to die when there is so much to keep it alive. Who has the right to say that flower should die?"

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-19-2013, 02:35 AM

"I think the flower covered in thorns in the most beautiful of all," Len said quietly. "And I would destroy any that thought that the flower had to die." He could see that anything he was going to say was just going to make her more upset. He bit back tears and left her side, standing at the door into the castle to wait for her to need him. Of course he knew what it felt like to be alone. It was worse to finally be with the one you missed, only to be hated and treated badly. But he didn't care. He only wanted her to be happy, and nothing he was doing or saying was doing so. Now he wished he could have died.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-19-2013, 02:56 AM

Rin gazed at the yellow flowers and slowly made her way over them. To her they had the best color and smell in the world. She could still recall the day she first saw them. It was at that very moment she fell in love with the garden. This was a place she had shared so many memories here with Len. Everything would be so much better if he was here. She would gladly give anything to have him back, even these roses would do. She turned back inside after gazing at the roses and prepared for tomorrow.

(The next morning.)

The whole castle was covered in silence. Rin had ordered that everyone but her newest servant would take the day off. She had told him that she wanted to test his skills in a letter. Now she waited at the castle's enterance, her whole outfit pure black. She looked at her servant silently to show that she wanted him to follow and left the castellated. Since the family wasn't far from the castle it didn't take them very long and as soon as they got there she went right to Len's grave. She sat down and carefully placed a yellow rose at the grave. Only for Len would she ever give her yellow roses. Rin whispered words to the stone and took out a white bow, tying it properly in her hair so they were like two bunny ears standing straight up. She sat there for a long time, never saying a word.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-20-2013, 02:27 AM

Len watched her sadly, from some distance. He stood near the grave's entrance, knowing that only royal blood was allowed inside. Even though he had been the Prince, he still acted like the servant he was trying to be. He wondered what she had buried in his grave, if it was just an empty coffin. He started to wonder what his funeral was like. He wished he could go to Rin's side and cheer her up. But alas, he could not do so in case he upset her more. He looked down at the faint scars on his wrists, feeling ashamed that he had to punish himself for yesterday. He did not like cutting, but he had to. He had made her sad.

All I want is to make you happy...

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-20-2013, 03:14 AM

Rin closed her eyes as her mind slipped into a memory. At first it was all dark and fuzzy but the memory soon came into focus.

That day Rin had fallen into the throne bushes that day and it had cut up her whole back, arms, sides, and hips. The pain was so bad she went into shock and couldn't even cry. Len had remained by her side that whole month she had to spend healing. He had even cried, worried sick that she might even die because the damage. It was at that moment he wrote a little note and stuck it in a glass bottle. He said something crazy... that if he set this wish into the sea, it would surely come true and she would survive. She couldn't remember if he had really put it in the sea or not, but either way she was still alive. She was alive even though she had no rights to be so.

Rin abandoned those since the afternoon was peaking in from the sky and the sun was setting. She got up and walked over to Len. Her deep blue eyes stared at the invading darkness that was tainting the sky black and dark navy blue. "Isn't it lovely? The hour of twilight so the only time light and dark can meet. It is like a forbidden romance between two people who can only meet for a quick and sad hour. But as they leave eachother, sadness cloaks the world. That probably sounds strange to you, but that is what I have always thought. I should tell you now that I am sorry about getting upset at you. When you lose someone you love, you stop caring for everything around you. But whenever you remember them you start to remember the feelings you have forgotten."

Last edited by AzuraX; 01-20-2013 at 03:43 AM..

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 PM

Len glanced at the sky, smiling sadly. Rin had always been poetic and good with words. Maybe that's why their father liked her more. "I have never thought about it like that before, Your Grace," he said, watching as the light faded away. To have a lover die in your arms...

"I have lost someone close to me, I have lost my life as I know it... But serving you is what makes me happy, My Princess," he replied, bowing slightly. It was getting dark and they should be getting back. He held out his arm, offering it to Rin. He would feel safer if she was close by. He didn't want anything to happen to her. "You are a precious yellow flower, M'lady. I will be your thorns."

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-21-2013, 04:40 AM

"I make you happy? That would be a first.. Why do you say such strange things? No one wants to protect me, little servant. They all wish for my death. Even my father's last words cursed my birth. I am the one who should of died all those ago... My brother, Len, did not deserve death. I was the bad child in the family. Yet why? Why am I still alive?" Rin was about to take Len's arm but her eyes drifted to a male with bright blue hair. Her usually cold expression soon changed to a gentle one. "There is the prince of the sea. To be truly happy, I would give him my heart in exchange for his. Though I should of moved on, ever since I saw Kaito I have serectly fallen for him."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-22-2013, 02:20 AM

Len's eyes followed hers. What was the Blue Kingdom's King doing here, walking unescorted? He had only ever seen Kaito once before and knew that he was slightly older than them. That was the day that the royals all met. Len had made Rin a pretty crown of yellow daisies. That's when he had been taken away from her. He was taken to the meeting, where many countries and their royalty looked at him. He had been sent away, to the Purple Kingdom which was far across the sea. He had never been able to say goodbye to Rin.

He sighed, feeling his heart ache when he heard of Rin speak of her willingness to let Kaito take her. He loved his dear sister and never wanted her to fall for any other man. He said nothing, wondering if he should arrange a meeting between the two. If it made her truly happy, he would do it for her.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-22-2013, 02:28 AM

"Perhaps he is here for a meeting or business. But either way I wish to speak with him. Follow me and we shall go to him. Do not speak unless I tell you to." Rin began to walk over to Kaito in a almost happy manner. She was glad to see the man she so dearly loved. He even looked handsome from way over here, to her. But she came to a stop as a girl with bright green hair snick out of the building and into Kaito's arms. Rin's face went pale as she saw just how much more beautiful this maiden was. "M.. Maybe a sister?"

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-22-2013, 03:23 AM

Len stared at the newcomer, feeling his heart flutter. She was beautiful, possibly more than his sister. He had never noticed a girl like this before. "The Queen of the Green Kingdom," he said quietly. He had never seen her, just read about her while studying. "They must be here because our Kingdom is in between." He tried not to open his mouth at the pretty maiden as she kissed Kaito softly on the lips. He wished those were his lips that she was kissing.

"Your Highness, perhaps meeting with Lord Kaito would be a bad idea at this moment," he said, wishing he could pull her away. She was trembling. No, she couldn't be upset again. They watched in silence as Kaito took Miku's hand and led her away.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 AM

Rin froze as she saw them kissing. Her heart ached in her chess and she quickly turned away as the two lovers walked away. She felt her heart hurting as she forced herself forward. Part of her wanted to reject it but the other had already accepted that she couldn't be loved. Still the tears flowed down as she walked back to her castle quickly. She didn't speak, not wishing to talk at this point. She was silent all the way back, clearly upset. It wasn't until she was back on her throne chair that she spoke. "Tomorrow I will be sending out a letter to the Sea Kingdom."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 AM

Len bowed, sensing her hurt. "Of course, My Princess," he said, wishing he knew how to make her feel happy. Anything he could do was as an outsider. He would never be able to make her truly happy. Perhaps, if he removed Queen Miku from the picture, she could have a chance with Kaito? He shook himself. That would cause many political problems. He looked up at her with tortured blue eyes, quickly glancing away when she looked back. What could he say? How could he make her happy? He longed to hug her and to scream, "It's me! Len!"

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-23-2013, 08:31 PM

(The next morning)

Rin awaited for her servant in a private room. She had ordered that he would come alone. She didn't want anyone to annoy her any farther and she still had to test him. This would make for the biggest test the boy would have to deal with. Withing her hands was a letter sealed by a stamp which was a yellow rose. It was her own personal favorite to use on letters but she only used it for serious matters. It was considered illegal to open a letter and read it if it was not sent to you. The people would less likely break this rule if they saw the yellow rose stamp. Once the servant came in she carefully handed him the letter. "Take this to the Sea Kingdom and tell Kaito to answer within three days."