sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 04-10-2016, 03:48 PM

A 'journal' of various glimpses into possible futures, pasts and alternate lives of my and Xavirne's characters in our shared role plays.
A list of content will go here

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 04-10-2016, 05:08 PM

Prompt:
Quote:
Imagine that Person A sleep talks and Person B keeps a journal of everything Person A says in their sleep. One day, Person A’s sleep talking seems very strange and Person B realizes that Person A must be having a nightmare, so they pick up Person A and try to gently wake them up. Person A wakes up with a terrified look in their eyes and then hugs Person B, saying something along the lines of “Thank goodness you’re still here…
+ Fake dating trope

Pairing: Issa x Androw aka Issrow [???] or Galemon

Issa does not dream. She does not even sleep the way humans understand this word. Instead, her body and mind rests through meditation and chain of exercises.

Which means she has plenty of time to quietly observe sleeping Androw each night now that for the sake of their cover, they are forced spending their nights together in the same room.

The idea does not bother her much, not even when Radelle's eyes shine with excitement and she drops hints of hoping that 'something finally will happen'. At least, out of the sight of their hosts, they don't have to be touching to keep up appearances as a couple.

(Really, just touching would be fine, but they have to hold hands and even press kisses to his cheek while smiling. It is really all too strange for the sath.)

Besides, Galerow had promised to be a gentleman, whatever that meant in this particular context. He had suggested he would sleep in the chair, but in the end, she had managed to convince that bed was not necessary for her and said seat would more than suffice.

So, right now he is sprawled out amid wrinkled sheets, victims to the man's constant tossing and turning. She finds it strange, even fascinating how the confident, composed man turned into restless whirlpool when he slipped into sleep. And though she knows how dreaming works, can name each human brain segment affected by REM sleep and activity of neurons, dreams intrigue her, too.

After all, physical aspects aside, it is know that human subconscious soars to heights it rarely every reached otherwise and Galerow's intuition is particularly keen so who knows what peculiar information can be discovered through his dreams?

And with him being so vocal, it makes no sense to simply let information slip away. So, Issa makes notes each night of whatever the man spills in his dreams. Most of it makes no sense, really - fending off pink, fluffy unicorns might reveal something about his keen fear of things that need attention and care, or merely mean he watched one silly cartoon before sleep too much. Sometimes there are comments about their current case, a proof that he cannot let go of his work at all, though he likes to pretend he doesn't care for it.

But tonight - tonight feels different. He grunts as if in pain, reaching out for something blindly and his voice grows in volume. "No," the man says, "no! Come back!" There is something unsettling about it and Issa shifts in her seat slightly. "Please, you can't do this!" he begs the invisible assailant and she stands up.

Perhaps it is none of her business, but humans are known to be careless after nightmare plagued nights and if she is not responsible for her team's well-being, then who is? She kneels down by his bedside, grasping his shoulder and shaking him firmly: "Galerow, wake up." But he nearly smacks her in the face (if not for her quick reflexes, he'd have), continuing to argue and beg with the people in his dream.

With another firm shake, she finally manages to pull him out of the nightmare's clutches. With a gasp, he sits up before focusing glazed eyes on her. Even her quick reaction does not save her from the sudden leap forward as he pulls her in a hug.

"Thank goodness... You are fine," he murmurs with a smile on his lips. She guesses he is seeing his lost love, for a brief moment living in a world where she survived, but his next words surprise her, the way rarely anything can. "Issa. Issa, I can't lose you, too. Don't..." But he never finishes his warning, eyes falling shut and he slumps forward, head landing on her shoulder, although his grip shows no sign of weakening.

She sits there for a while, until she is sure that moving him will not wake the man up, and then settles Androw back in the bed, pulling covers over his form. As she sits down back in her chair, there's something strange in her chest... Well, it has to be feeling, right? Because it is not a thought and not anything she is familiar with or can categorize. It takes a while to dissipate and every now and then she feels a tinge of it when she looks at him the next day, but neither of them say anything for he surely does not even remember the incident and she finds it better to keep it as a secret of sorts.
Xavirne: Don't hate me pls.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-30-2016, 04:00 PM

Prompt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otp-imagines-cult.tumblr.com
Imagine Person A is usually very stoic and quiet. One day, Person B catches Person A quietly humming something to themselves and is surprised. They find this very cute.
Pairing: Nathan x Nastasi (belongs to Xavirne: ) aka ??

It happens one early morning when the troubles and pains that they wade through daily seem so far away they could as well be in a different universe. In their stead there is only warm, but clingy fog of sleep clouding her mind. Toddling down to first level of the ship (because coffee with extra sugar first, everything else after), she guesses Nathan must have carried her to her bed because last thing she remembers is resting head on his shoulder and trying to follow the tangled plot of rather mediocre movie.

However, she stops at the sliding door leading to kitchen as an unfamiliar sound slips catches her attention. Someone’s humming one of the new, catchy melodies of the month. It can’t be Issa, but neither is it Androw – “Nathan?” her tone is curious as she peeks in.

The humming stops immediately as the tall human turns to look at her. “Good morning. You are up early,” he concludes. Breakfast is already in the making and the scent of his - their - favorite coffee is in the air.

“Planned to surprise me with breakfast in bed?”

“Perhaps.” There’s slight curl in the corners of his mouth, a spark of mirth in eyes, “or I just thought I could drink my first cup in peace for once.”

“Oh, please, that is the weakest lie you could ever tell,” Tasi snorts, pecking him on cheek before settling down at the tiny table. She does not ask about humming, guessing he’d most likely brush it off and, besides, there’s a plan in the making burning in her mind.

He gives her a look of ‘is it now’, but she only grins in response before taking big sip from his mug. It is never sweet enough for her, still she does this every morning.

~~~

Over the next few days, Tasi is busy with putting her plan in the motion. She makes sure to be extra cautious, but the team captain still ends up asking what she’s up to. She manages to wriggle her way out of questioning, though, but probably only because Issa is not very keen on pursuing the matter, trusting the other woman.

What’s more, she catches - or nearly does - Nathan humming two more times in the course of the week, making Tasi grin like a fool. He goes from pop songs to old Earth love songs (and by old, she means 20th century something) and then something she doesn’t even know - she ought to dig through his playlist more, apparently.

Yet, he always stops as soon as he becomes aware of her presence and all of it only strengthens her resolve.

The device has to be tiny and short ranged, for Nathan’s sensors to not pick it up immediately and it also should not work for long, or else they might sweep it out in bug-sweep before she has time to gather it. Too bad there won’t be any videos.

“You could’ve just asked.” In response, she puffs her cheeks, feeling a little silly for not having done so. But hindsight’s always an ass, isn’t it? “Didn’t think you’d even consider it,” Tasi admits, poking cyborg in chest slightly. “With how you always stopped when I came around.”

“Humming helps me occupy my mind when there is little going on and organize my thoughts,” Nathan explains, making her giggle. Only he would turn humming in a work routine. “But when you are around, all my attention is taken by you.” The matter-of-fact way he tells this, hazel eyes staring down at her makes the alien blush, warmth spreading through her heart just as it does in her cheeks.

“You never hummed before,” she points out.

“It is new, happier way to busy myself.” His admission is paired with a soft kiss to her forehead, as if letting her know she is the reason for it.

“So, you will let me record?” Her arms are wrapped around his neck now - standing on tiptoes helps to erase the height difference some.

“For you, anything.” Nathan’s thumbs are drawing small circles on small of her back now, starting to distract her from the matter at hand.

“But if you ever show anyone…” His voice trails off and anyone who knew Nathan any less would feel intimidated, but she knows he would never hurt her; he’d merely destroy any copies of the file and never hum again. Not only that is an upsetting thought, but Tasi also loves the thought of having something he only shares with her, something that not even observant Issa or Androw know. So, she easily promises him she will not share.

Later, she discovers that if only the human male would’ve thought of singing to her, it probably would not have taken years to realize her feelings for him. But that, too, remains her little secret.