Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 10-21-2013, 09:24 AM

...I feel so out of the loop. What Marco half jokes and Petra tree jokes?? The only jokes I'm aware of are being made against the serious-looking guy (I think he's the commander?) who happens to be pretty short, so there's a lot of height jokes made...and I've seen a little of Mikasa's 'six-pack' jokes...

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 11-01-2013, 03:25 AM

Oh, like..."he's half the man he used to be" or "he doesn't look half bad". there were some really good ones actually, but I can't really remember them right now. And stuff about Petra being a tree-hugger.
Jean horse jokes are really popular too, haha.

Levi short jokes and clean-freak jokes will never die. I just saw something about a windex halloween costume and...yea.

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 11-02-2013, 02:46 PM

Well first off I laughed too hard looking through the thread.
I love snk and I read the manga before watching the anime (more feels) and I LOVED it. Not the best anime in my opinion but it is one of my favorite mangas.
I cosplay Armin/Petra and my friends cosplay Mikasa, Eren, and the Mikasa cosplays Levi as well. so much to keep up with.

I am making a windex dress for my Levi sooooo xD
And filling a windex bottle with colored ramune for her.

Little Titan Problem #33 "When you're going for a jog and everyone wants to kill you"

Little Titan Problem #32 "When you try. To pick up a spoon and everyone starts yelling at you" am I kicked out yet?

Last edited by DaisyKeehl; 11-02-2013 at 02:49 PM..

Aoi Kazuya

Old 11-02-2013, 03:49 PM

//bops you on the head

haha no but that's awesome :)
A windex dress and everything, that's great, lol

I don't really tell people to read the manga unless they ask me about it, in which case i'm like, I can't spoil it for you, go read it yourself. But yes, the manga definitely has more feels. But I love seeing the fandom cry everytime something happens in the anime because they weren't expecting it. and then join in the crying because feels.

I'm considering cosplaying Hanji/Hange but I probably won't be doing it this year, since I spent more than i meant to at ComicCon and probably won't be going to the anime con.

cator93
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-13-2013, 01:56 PM

I started the anime...apparently the first season has ended at episode 25. I can't wait to see what happens next. Maybe I'll try the manga.

vomity
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-21-2013, 06:15 AM

One of my favorite animes!
I really hope they come out with a season 2 or something.
They kind of left it off at an awful time. If you read the manga, then you'll know what's going on I suppose, but there are still a lot of questions that need to be answered. D:

Aoi Kazuya

Old 11-22-2013, 08:14 PM

I'm a bit miffed at how they ended it, but there will definitely be a second season, there's no way they'll just end it at the first. Especially with how crazy the fandom for this is. Sometimes it scares me being in it, but...yea.

At this point, I'm curious how the special episode coming out in December is going to turn out. i'm almost positive it's going to be a Ilse's Journal OVA episode. I might be disappointed if it isn't.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-27-2013, 09:25 AM

I've heard that the anime is better than the manga, what do you guys think?

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-03-2013, 02:32 AM

definitely not.

in my opinion, while the anime was good, there was a lack of really good character development. I think some of the characters also got a bit left out in the anime because they weren't as popular (geez, i have people who don't know who Bertholdt is cause he was only in like two or three actual scenes i think.)

And the anime Eren just grated on my nerves a lot. The relationships and development in the manga are definitely better, is what i think.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 03:36 PM

lol Though to be honest, I didn't remember who Bertholdt was either until he appeared more in the later chapters...I tend to have trouble remembering the people in the series because they die so easily and so often all over the place that I tend to not bother remembering who who is who.

I'm glad I've never watched the anime then because manga Eren annoys me a lot, I don't want to see how grating he is in the anime! Can't even skip over those moments as easily as it would have been if the scene were in pages rather than an animation.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-04-2013, 08:13 PM

haha oh dear, it seems he's not a memorable character until later on xD but he's one of my top favorites so that's why i remember him, lol

but yea, you definitely can't skip over scenes as easily as panels xD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-10-2013, 03:58 PM

I'm not sure who my favorite character is from the series yet, though at the moment Ymir seems nice enough.

Really curious as to what Hysteria's (I think that's her name?) history is from that last chapter...

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-10-2013, 05:01 PM

(Historia)

And yes, i'm curious about most of their histories actually. Are you reading the thing about Levi's past?

This last chapter (52) confused me actually, but I think it was more the translations then what was actually happening, haha.

Midorikawa
Um....................... .........

Old 12-11-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Kazuya View Post
(Historia)

And yes, i'm curious about most of their histories actually. Are you reading the thing about Levi's past?

This last chapter (52) confused me actually, but I think it was more the translations then what was actually happening, haha.
It was the translator because I'm pretty sure that it was a new translator this time, and too much of it just didn't make sense. I actually found a good translation. I have yet to read though.

Though the new chapter just added more mystery and its killing me. Why is it that only one question was answered in this whole series. I think the mangaka gets pleasure from torturing us.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-11-2013, 03:23 PM

Hahaha maybe just dragging it out more so the series will last longer. That's how the mainstream manga industry works according to Bakuman, anyway...

Levi's past? Which chapter was that?

And the translator problem would explain a lot about that last chapter. I was quite confused.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-12-2013, 06:57 PM

Levi's past is a separate thing, a spin-off manga called 'A Choice with No Regrets'. they started publishing it in Aria magazine.

...which i didn't realize. that would explain why everybody's been getting the Aria magazine xD, whoops.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-14-2013, 12:48 PM

xDD!! Yeah, that explains a lot.

I also saw this manga the other day at a rental store...it's Shingeki no Kyojin Gakuen, basically. I flipped through it quickly and the beginning was how Erin wanted revenge for the giants always dropping giant erasers on his head or something...xD

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-14-2013, 02:21 PM

oh my god. haha, wow. I need to find this xD

((and its been bothering me, is that sherlock in your siggy?))

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-14-2013, 04:11 PM

I can't remember the name of the manga though. The original mangaka is listed as the 'original' on the front page but the actual mangaka is someone else. Not sure if they collaborated or something.

((And yes! It's Sherlock. I finally started watching the series tonight and laughed my ass off during the restaurant scene...and woke my dad up from my cackling. Oops. I watched the pilot version though, will begin watching the actual 90 minutes series tomorrow. The Sherlock in my sig is from the manga version of the series~))

Aoi Kazuya

Old 12-15-2013, 12:06 AM

I think I've seen some random scans of it, haha. But it definitely looked funny from what i remember, haha.

((the BBC one. omg. I swear I have no idea how i got so attached in like six episodes. Ugh, I just want the next season to come out already, even if it's only going to be like three episodes.))

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-16-2013, 12:59 PM

Yeah, the plot was so cracky. And it's rather disturbing to see a naked giant with a backpack ambling off to school...

((lol And I have no idea how I got so attached without having even watched a single episode! Am halfway through the second episode at the moment, somewhere around where Sherlock and John are investigating the scene at the unfortunate banker's house I think.))

Mogarisawesome
team nicedynomite

Old 01-03-2014, 12:42 AM

Love the show, annoying that like everyone dies, but love the show.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 01-19-2014, 11:29 AM

I've something of the school manga. It was amazing.

The thing I love about SnK is the fact at the moment you can make so many theories
I used to have having more questions than answers, but after reading through a bunch of theories and coming up with my own its wondrous *u*
I especially like the biblical references theories.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-24-2014, 08:49 PM

Just watched episode one last night. Not really sure what it's all about yet, but I look forward to watching more this weekend~!

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 01-24-2014, 11:53 PM

Good luck with it 8'D

I've marathoned the series like 3 times 8'D