sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-02-2013, 09:48 AM

I would love go to the Netherlands I have extend family that live there. my grand papa form my dad's family was born and raised there. I so do love tulips but gosh dang it they will die so easy. if you plant them in the united states are take them out of the ground.

I really want go to Japan some day I love just love everything about Japan. my mom's dad got go there I think he was in the army maybe. yet I need to learn the language just enough to be a tourist. that will not get lost too much in Tokyo are going to other places I wish to see.

The last place I would like to try go visit only because of my dad's mom. is Ireland we have some family that lives there. but never met are talk to anyone form her side of the family. so it would be fun to learn some new stuff. maybe try out some new stuff are the food they got there.

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 12-10-2013, 06:37 AM

I would love to go to New York at this time of year, it always looks so magical in Christmas movies :')

Suzanne Sky
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-24-2014, 09:17 PM

I would love to visit Mexico's pyramids and Frida Kahlo's house/museum, Ireland's various standing stones and mysterious places, Germany's Black Forest and all the places where various fairy tales were written and remembered, and Scotland. Also here in the United States I would like to go back to New Mexico and just spend more time in Santa Fe and lots of other places. I'd also like to go to Forks, Washington. Yeah, just call me a dopey fangirl. LOL!

I think when I go to Europe, I would much prefer to just bum around on my own, doing what I like at my own speed. I took a trip to Italy last Fall with three other people, led by one of them, and we ran our legs off from one place to the other to the other. We'd leave the house each morning around eight in the morning and return well after dark. It was exhausting!

I know there are other places I'd like to go too, but those are the ones that come to mind right now. I'm also a fan of Amazing Race, and enjoy seeing the places they travel.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-25-2014, 05:32 AM

Forks Washington? I get giggly thinking about the name of that XD

*googles* Aww it's super far away :(
I hope they have a fork monument.

Suzanne Sky
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Forks Washington? I get giggly thinking about the name of that XD

*googles* Aww it's super far away :(
I hope they have a fork monument.
Hahahaha1 Yes, you'd think they would, right? But, alas, I think 'Forks' must refer to the forks of the rivers. Oh, well. Maybe they have really good food there as well.

ONE thing I would like to do there is go to First Beach and pick up various smooth colored stones. I am kind of a nature freak. AND, of course eat Mushroom Ravioli at La Bella Italiano Restaurant. Hehehe!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 03-26-2014, 06:14 PM

My husband wants to go to Japan...
I'd rather head down to Australia or over to England. I think my first out of the US travel would be easier in a place that speaks about the same language I do...alas, he's been taking Japanese and is fairly confident in his skills. I doubt them. >.> haha. Anyway, I'm hoping to get out of the country in the next year or so for some travel time...we'll see how it goes!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-27-2014, 06:42 AM

I've posted here before, I'm currently longing to travel to the Pacific Northwest. Washington or Oregon. Show me some majestic mountains, pine trees, and rivers.

Last week at work I struck up a conversation with a coworker in Maintenance, and he told me how he used to live in Florida and, before that, Oregon. The way he was talking about Oregon, oh man. I had half a mind to just throw down my apron and drive to the nearest airport. What really sold me is that he said it never gets too humid there. Sign me all up for that.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 03-28-2014, 09:15 AM

Come to Washington, Cherry! We have the haunted vending machines. Though vis a vis the Forks post, we also have meth and lumberjacks We're very well rounded, I guess.
I don't put any stock in such things, but having exhausted the rest of the latest edition of my local weekly, I read my horoscope. Apparently I'm supposed to go to Japan and eat all the doritos?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-29-2014, 05:39 AM

It's alright, we have meth in the midwest too. It's kind of what we're known for. I'm used to the rotting teeth.

Quote:
From the get-go, its 70s appearance evoked a sense of cheery yet ominous nostalgia, as if Matthew McConaughey’s character from Dazed and Confused would fit right in with it, leaning against its side while he’s busy winking at you.
I get older, but cokes stay the same.

That machine sounds awesome, though. I would definitely hit that up. And stand across the street in the dark with a video camera to catch the person filling it.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-03-2014, 05:53 AM

Cherry that is a lie.. never gets too humid? Well you better come during mid summer if you want not humid... cause we can get some heavy rain and humidity.

As for interesting things to see. I recommend the Pacific Science Center... it's got some sweet stuff down there.
The Seattle Aquarium is also really cool. They have a blue ring octopus in a jar.
Hmm... space needle is supposedly cool... but I've lived near it all my life and I'm still waiting for it to "be cool"

Oh and the Alderwood mall is cool. :D
Go to Claim Jumpers and get a Motherload Cake slice.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-04-2014, 05:48 AM

Well, he had also lived in Florida. So his definition of "not too humid" is probably different than other people's.

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-04-2014, 05:53 AM

I'd really like to live in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I went there for Spring Break, did lots of touristy things, and found out the mall has bubble tea, a shop that sells k-pop/anime/other and there's a Korean barbecue place! There's also a cheap bookstore where I literally got around ten books for less than ten dollars. It was an amazing week in a new place and I'd love to go back.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-05-2014, 09:14 PM

Perhaps. But we've hit 98% humidity before once I think.

Omigosh bubble tea I miss that stuff!

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-15-2014, 03:25 PM

I'd love to travel to Italy. I'm applying for a study visa there and am now currently waiting and hoping the Italian Embassy will respond positively. *crosses all available fingers and toes*
I've enrolled at a Culinary School in the Umbria region and the class will start on May 24. However, if May 24 has passed and I'm still waiting for the Embassy's response, the school will automatically move me to the next starting class schedule.

I'd love to travel around Europe. Canada too, since I have past friends who are now living there.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-15-2014, 07:15 PM

Ooh Italy? Cool :D Good luck!

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-16-2014, 03:37 PM

Thanks! Have you been to Italy? :)

I'd like to go to Japan, too. I'd love to visit their rural areas, eat real, local Japanese ramen, and wear a kimono!
One thing I'd very much like to not ever go near or even see is their Japanese Giant Hornet.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-16-2014, 07:32 PM

I haven't, I've barely left my little area of the world :(

Real ramen that sounds amazing...

Uniplex
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sic...

Old 05-14-2014, 02:45 PM

It'd be easier to tell you where I don't wanna go...
But right at this very second I have an obsession with the petrified forest in California. It looks so eerie and weird and cooky and like something right up the Plex's alley!

beathag
The earth is singing; can't you ...

Old 05-18-2014, 03:39 AM

I'm a wanderer, really. I want to go everywhere, live everywhere, I want to see everything this big beautiful world has to offer someone like me.

A (long) list of places I would like to go:
Northern Territories of Canada
Alaska
Scotland
Ireland
Nova Scotia
Greenland
Iceland
Shetlands
England
France
Germany
Russia
Japan
India
New Zealand
Denmark
Morocco
The Netherlands
Austria
Switzerland
Italy
Greece
Brazil
Norway
Sweden
Israel
Jordan
Turkey
Spain
Ukraine
Bulgaria

*gasps for breath*

I think there's more, but I'm tired and in the middle of applying for jobs. lol

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-25-2014, 10:13 PM

Wow that's a lot of places. That'll take a lifetime :)

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 07-22-2014, 02:19 PM

The places I haven't been that I would like to go include Prague, Sweden, Germany and Thailand.

But what I really wish i had was a nice time machine.

I've been back to a lot of places I visited in the past, and of course as all things they've changed. For that matter the town I live in has changed so much I really don't have much point in going out into it.

If I had a time machine i would go back and visit those places as they were. That way i could see the old places and shop in the now-gone shops, eat in dead restaurants, and have a swell time with my revisits.

Of course though if I did have a time machine I would make a fortune on EBay....

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-22-2014, 05:46 PM

You would just have to make sure you don't talk to yourself

If I went back in time to visit somewhere it'd probably be like the 1400s

Karastorm
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-29-2014, 02:26 PM

I'd probably go and visit the forest up in County Durham that I loved to go and walk in when I was a lot younger. Not been to it for some time. Though I would like to climb the Dragon's back peaks that are in Japan at some point that and go to newzeland and Australia just because. Then maybe Finland, Norway, Denmark and sweeden to top it all off.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 09-01-2014, 03:22 AM

I really want to go to Europe. Just like different spots, if I can ever afford to.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 09-17-2014, 02:32 AM

Japan is probably the place I want to go to the most. I decided on it in the 7th grade and I have money saved up for it to go now but.. I just have to make that final decision. Im stuck on whether I want to do a tour or do it myself. Plus I'm trying to find someone to go with me because getting lost with someone else would be so much better than on my own. I wouldn't mind going by myself, it sounds like a really welcoming country and I've had a friend that went and said the locals were really helpful whenever he got lost.