Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-06-2013, 04:03 AM

My cat's favorite toys are literal garbage. I buy him cute cat toys that don't look like utter junk, and he plays with them, but they're not his favorite. His all-time favorite toy is this little piece of purple plastic ribbon that tied shut a cellophane baggie of cookies. Other favorites of of his are a gift bow off a present (he likes to chew on it and carry it around), a plastic shrink seal that was around the lid of a tub of margarine, and tissue paper (like you use for gifts). He's also fond of wadded up receipts, milk carton rings, zip and twist ties, bits of ribbon, and somethings completely imaginary things.

About a year ago I bought him this little squirrel that squeaks when it's moved, but it quickly stopped squeaking so Sammy lost interest. The past few days he's been playing with it again, sans sound, so today I bought him a new one that still makes noise. I don't know why I buy him toys when the living room floor is positively littered with all his toys, but...

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-06-2013, 05:09 PM

But it's just so tempting! Those toys are so cute and you think, "I know they didn't like the others...but this really has to be the one!" And so you buy it, and then they still don't really play with it and you feel sad but you know you're going to do it again. ^^;

cator93
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-15-2013, 01:15 PM

Not my cat. Not anymore. You could mistake him for a big furry pillow. He used to play with toys stuffed with catnip, but that doesn't last long.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-21-2013, 11:11 PM

wyguy has taken to trying to 'steal' Sashie's bag of foods!
he thinks it's a HUGE bag of his kittie treats!
not a toy, but a good laugh indeed

RoseRain

Old 11-23-2013, 04:12 AM

I personally love buying toys for my cat, but not all of them interest her. She just loves a good old fashioned string, or a paper grocery bag. Although she does love other household objects that bounce, like erasers. It's super cute! ^.^

Yumeh
(≚ᄌ≚)
NPC

Old 11-29-2013, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
If I come back from work the pet store with a bag my cats have to investigate. If I don't have anything I just take the receipt and crumple it up, instant toy for the one cat.
*Stares at receipt pretending to be a toy*

*Stares at ~LONGCAT~*

*Yawns and looks bored*

Last edited by Seridano; 12-26-2013 at 01:27 AM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-29-2013, 02:09 AM

aw, i don't think you look boring, yumeh kittie
*yawns*
but yawns are contagious

MinakoAxule
SpIdErS iN tHe BrAiN

Old 11-30-2013, 05:23 PM

My kitty Jimmy has found two new things he likes. Receipts and grapes~! Actually all the cats love playing with grapes we now will put a few grapes on the floor for them to play during the day. After dinner we pick up the poor battered grapes lol!

Weirdly they don't eat the grapes they just bat them around~!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-17-2013, 08:12 PM

I'm wondering what I should get my kitty for Christmas...

Nerosity
Kiddo

Old 01-03-2014, 05:50 AM

A lot of toys I buy (mostly for my younger kitty) she doesn't end up playing with, she just likes the wrappers or balled up pieces of paper. She really enjoys the a bit too small for her bed though. My older kitty is old, so she doesn't play too much anymore. But they both like feathered balls on sticks, or laser pointers. And catnip. Can't forget the cat nip.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 PM

I bought my nan's cat this toy once, she loved it, as you can see...

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 01-14-2014, 01:49 AM

Growing up, I had a cat that loved playing with crumbled cellophane wrappers from candy and the tabs off of milk jugs.

My cats I live with now, the father likes this one toy that my fiancé gave to me. It's this mouse on a string on a stick. And the mouse squeaks. It gives him the thought that he is hunting the mouse.
The son, he is obsessed with a laser pointer. It's a flashlight and I have to click it 3 times to get to the laser. He will get into the position when he hears the first 2 clicks and go insane. I call it the Hami Squawk 350 when watching this round little cat charging through the apartment to try to catch the dot.

Nerosity
Kiddo

Old 01-14-2014, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
I bought my nan's cat this toy once, she loved it, as you can see...
That's adorable! My cats have two of those. For some reason feathers are like some kind of cat-magnet.

kotalee
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-17-2014, 06:32 PM

With my cats, it's always the cheap trash laying around the house that they like so much haha. Never the expensive toys we actually take the time and money to get for them. Silly cats :3

Laurelle
Nerf Assassin

Old 04-16-2014, 10:02 PM

Who says you have to buy cat toys? Except I did purchase a laser light for a couple of dollars - Camilla loves that ... and hairbands? She'll push 'em around and carry them like it's her kill of day. Oh, yeah ... feet and fingers are pretty popular too. ^_^

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 04-17-2014, 02:44 AM

One of my cats LOVES laser pointers. He goes crazy for them.
The other loves catnip mice and strings...but his all time favorite toy are nerf gun bullets. Shoot those off and he goes bonkers after them. We don't even have to give him the nip first! But then he tears them apart and leaves them on the floor...it's a rather expensive habit he has that has made my son quite angry a few times. (If he'd pick them up right away...)

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-17-2014, 03:59 AM

My cat has tons of toys. I buy him crap all the time. His favorite toys are always trash, though. I bought this fancy version of those toy-on-string-on-stick toys where the toy can detach and be swapped out with some six other options. He barely likes it. Gift bow from a christmas present? HIS FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD. He likes how it crunches when he chews on it. So I bought him one of those crinkly balls like in your first post. He doesn't care. Bought him a mouse that squeaks and lights up when moved. He doesn't care. But tissue paper from gift bags? Big, long strip of cellophane that wrapped around a lampshade I bought? Oh hell yeah.

God forbid he play with anything that doesn't make it look like there's trash strewn about my floor...

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 04-17-2014, 03:27 PM

Cats are assholes. I believe it's their job to make it look like our houses are perpetually covered in trash. >.> My cat also likes newspaper shreds, even if he has to shred them himself. Paper. Every. Where.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-17-2014, 06:53 PM

So I just saw the top of this page and realized I've posted in here twice now, saying the exact same thing. Wooops.

Luckily for me, my cat's not really into destroying. The tissue paper he likes does get ripped sometimes if he pounces on it too enthusiastically, but he doesn't set out to destroy it. My grandma's cats, however, love to shred boxes. Give them a box and they'll get it, and then make like a hamster and just start chewing it to shreds. My cat, weirdly, is not interested in boxes very much.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 04-17-2014, 10:12 PM

One of mine likes to sit in boxes, the other likes to sit in them and deconstruct them. He's an artist like that. >.>