View Poll Results: how nice are you to noobs?
grrr... dumb noob go read a faq 42 18.83%
awww aren't you cute? you look so lost 190 85.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-09-2008, 06:44 AM

As far as gold-earning goes... Other than games and posting there's not anything 'built-into' Menewsha to give you gold...

However, there are Charities that will help you get items you want (puados would be very difficult for them to get you, but Winter's Flight or just about any event item that's not from Valentine's, Easter or St. Patrick's '07 events is doable)....

Once your account is old enough (though I didn't check your join date), you can look into the Giving Back Auctions and bid in there... And of course there's the Quester's Raffle in the Quest forums that will let you pretty much win a rare item for free. (That's how I got my King's Crown and Female Welcome Set.) And even if you don't win, you get your gold back... You just need a Quest thread and to be active in the Quest forum to qualify. (And be a certain age old.)

Let's see... Selling is, of course, a great way to make large amounts of money. Whether it's buying low and selling high with gold, or purchasing CIs with real money and selling them to buyers on the Exchange, you'll make money if you keep a good stock of rare items. (The only way possible to 'make' money off of commons is to get the commons for free, after all.)

Contests are a good way to make money/get items, but you have to keep an eye out for the ones you're eligible for and so forth. There's a new "Contests" sub-forum in "Community Discussion", and people have page-contests in virtually any forum.

Events are probably the easiest ways to make money... If it doesn't pay off during the event, it'll certainly pay off later when you've collected extra event sets to sell at some other point when they've accumulated in enough in value to compel you to sell. :)

And then there are services.... Making MAC avatars for people, or banners, or telling fortunes or whatever. There's a small niche market there. The biggest 'service' is, of course, the art services. Pixels and so forth.

Yeah, our art forums move a little slower than some other sites, but I don't think that'll hold too much longer. We're getting a steady flow of new talent and those artists who stick around and stay active will have about as much business as they like. And as 'bigger' artists flow into the site, their fans are following their favorite artists here, and they'll also purchase from other artists. Most of the problem with the art forum being slow is that the artists give up too easily. XD;

Sorry for the rambling. XD; I hope this is useful at all. :)

Last edited by CK; 10-09-2008 at 06:46 AM..

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 10-09-2008, 07:42 AM

No worries, I have a habit of rambling myself. It sounds like I'll be making most of my money here as I have on gaia long term investing and an art shop ^.^
No need to check my join date I've only been here for a month or so
<--- noob :)
Hence why I must buy the event items missed before they are far out of my grasp thanks to inflation. It's not all bad at lest I'm here for some pretty early events still!
Halloween is getting close *glee*

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:06 AM

hiya 8D i was just editing my thread XD; i'm having a royal cape that i'd like to trade for a few october 2008 sets, if that's possible?

Kiyoshi
Bound by Beauty

Old 10-09-2008, 08:24 AM

So...there's no way I could buy an Oct. set or two for pure?

>w> I figure no probably, but I also thought it couldn't hurt to ask. :lol:

Thanks and good luck buying. <3

Bound Birdie

Old 10-09-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosho View Post
hiya 8D i was just editing my thread XD; i'm having a royal cape that i'd like to trade for a few october 2008 sets, if that's possible?
That is INDEED a fair trade Just give me a min to buy some of the CI a few being 2 or three? and what are your preferences
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi View Post
So...there's no way I could buy an Oct. set or two for pure?

>w> I figure no probably, but I also thought it couldn't hurt to ask. :lol:

Thanks and good luck buying. <3
I haven't a problem with pure :) though it does depend on how much you would like to offer.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 10-09-2008, 09:25 AM

Ooh yay!

-Kiyoshi is my manwhore/mule- :lol:

The Oct. CIs are soo pretty. :drool:
I haven't checked the price guide yet...assuming that they've even been added....
How much are you looking for?

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 AM

haha, if i could get 3 sets that'd be great XDDD; but 2 sets (2 of the fire thingie and 2 of the water thingie) would be fine 8D <3 please, start the trade if this is okay with you <3 thanks!

Bound Birdie

Old 10-09-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kitami View Post
Ooh yay!

-Kiyoshi is my manwhore/mule- :lol:

The Oct. CIs are soo pretty. :drool:
I haven't checked the price guide yet...assuming that they've even been added....
How much are you looking for?
I'm looking four about 400 an item... the price guide doesn't have a price listed for them yet so .. I know it's a bit high but I can only afford to donate so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by shosho View Post
haha, if i could get 3 sets that'd be great XDDD; but 2 sets (2 of the fire thingie and 2 of the water thingie) would be fine 8D <3 please, start the trade if this is okay with you <3 thanks!
Well I really can't do three sets, that's all I bought and I'm not going to give up the set I bought for myself :) I am still hesitant on 4 altogether I wanted to keep at lest one for a long term investment ;)

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Spanish Leek Squared

Old 10-09-2008, 09:39 AM

Could I buy 2 or 3 sets from you for 800g a set?

Bound Birdie

Old 10-09-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Leek Squared View Post
Could I buy 2 or 3 sets from you for 800g a set?
I would be willing to sell you 2 sets for 1.6k but I think shosho is also trying to buy them. I'll pm her and let her know that if she doesn't close now I that I will be selling them to you. Is that okay with you?

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 AM

Oh no, thats fine. xD Shosho was here first.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-09-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Oh no, thats fine. xD Shosho was here first.
Sorry... I hate to have bad etiquette. I will keep you in mind next pay check and I'll donate for you at the agreed price how's that sound?

`Kitami

Old 10-09-2008, 09:51 AM

So, 1.6k for 2 sets? :)
Edit:: Or did you only have one you could sell to me, since you're selling two to sho? xD
-is a tad confused-

Last edited by `Kitami; 10-09-2008 at 09:53 AM..

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-09-2008, 09:58 AM

Birdie; xD No no it's alright. I just thought you had more than two sets. x3
But if you'd like to be my supplier for next month that would really help me out! xD

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 10:03 AM

aww~ leek wanted also~? D; <3 i sorry~ once i finish the trade with birdie (i need to start it first XD;; still loading my inventory as i type now), i'll give you one, sweetie <3

Bound Birdie

Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
So, 1.6k for 2 sets? :)
Edit:: Or did you only have one you could sell to me, since you're selling two to sho? xD
-is a tad confused-
Quote:
Birdie; xD No no it's alright. I just thought you had more than two sets. x3
But if you'd like to be my supplier for next month that would really help me out! xD
I'm so sorry to both of you.. I can't say I expected such a rush at 3:00 am. lol:O
I Will definitely be setting up a waiting list for next round okay I'll keep you to in mind as potential buyers later then?

`Kitami

Old 10-09-2008, 10:06 AM

Aw, that's really sweet of you, shosho. :]

Edit:: :lol: Yes.
I've been watching the exchange all afternoon/night...that's why I pounced on you as soon as I saw you... :ninja:
That water sash is like some kind of drug that I need or something. O.o;

If I can't hold out for you, before I buy one, I'll still buy a set or two from you, okay? :)

Last edited by `Kitami; 10-09-2008 at 10:10 AM..

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-09-2008, 10:08 AM

Yaaay! <3 Thanks Sho. <33 *snuggles*
-plays with MAC- @__@
Noes! Dx I can't find any head items that match. T__T *shakes fist* Damn yoou.

Birdie; xD Well, there have been no sellers at all.. I should know, i've been on Mene since.. like.. >_>; 8pm my time.. and it's now 6pm. xD; Well, sorta.. but i've been browsing the exchange looking for a seller since there was no one to talk to. xD

Yes, you can totally count on me as being a potential buyer. x3

Last edited by Spanish Leek Squared; 10-09-2008 at 10:12 AM..

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 AM

oh, nice~ congrats, you two~ at least i have a set once i send you a set, leeky XD; it's alright for now, i think. i'm waiting on my supplier to be able to donate in the middle of the month XD i thought it'd be cool if i got a set or two earlier before then ;]

`Kitami

Old 10-09-2008, 10:27 AM

Lol I think a supplier on a regular basis might be just too damned tempting. I'd be buying sets all the time...and blowing off my quest. :XD

Although...I could just make offers in sets....
-wonders what sellers would like more-

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 10:31 AM

ooh, what are you still questing for, kitami? :O i just recently got a supplier XD; before, i used to just find some sellers in the exchange XD; so the supplier thing is kind of like a new thing for me haha. i'm also not really questing for anything in particular anymore, other than the rest of the commons i still have in my buying list and probably future items XD; other than that, i've got everything i want already :]

Bound Birdie

Old 10-09-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Aw, that's really sweet of you, shosho. :]

Edit:: :lol: Yes.
I've been watching the exchange all afternoon/night...that's why I pounced on you as soon as I saw you... :ninja:
That water sash is like some kind of drug that I need or something. O.o;

If I can't hold out for you, before I buy one, I'll still buy a set or two from you, okay? :)
Quote:
Yaaay! <3 Thanks Sho. <33 *snuggles*
-plays with MAC- @__@
Noes! Dx I can't find any head items that match. T__T *shakes fist* Damn yoou.

Birdie; xD Well, there have been no sellers at all.. I should know, i've been on Mene since.. like.. >_>; 8pm my time.. and it's now 6pm. xD; Well, sorta.. but i've been browsing the exchange looking for a seller since there was no one to talk to. xD

Yes, you can totally count on me as being a potential buyer. x3
Okay I will set up a waiting list with both of you on it! though I will not hold you to buying when next paycheck comes around:) This does seem like a good way for me to gain an inventory quickly. I do plan on donating every month So I'll just be sure to hit you guys up BEFORE I donate next time around!
Okay I'm sleepy. I will be back tomorrow afternoon to check on things and add my waiting list lol
*I KNEW I should have reserved a few posts :insane:

`Kitami

Old 10-09-2008, 10:52 AM

-gigglesnort- Besides my massive list of commons? xD
I still need:
  • Queen's Crown
  • Cloak of Healing
  • Sash of Chaos
  • Mask of Atlantis
  • Mask of Phoenix
  • Oriental Fan
  • Pudao
  • Bee Slippers
  • Spirit of the Phoenix
  • Spirit of Atlantis
  • Bunny Hat
  • Fox Hat
  • V-day o7 set
  • Yellow Balloon
  • Orange Balloon
  • Welcome Tee (F)
  • Green Clover Hairpin
  • Bunny Hairpin
  • Chicky on my Head!
  • Pierced Bunny Headband
  • Carnival Hairpin
  • Frost Belt
  • New year's Pin
  • Birthday Cake Hat (blue)
  • Golden top o' the morning top hat
  • Silver " "
  • Golden Claddagh Belt
  • Silver " "

XD;
That's what I have left over.
The welcome tee is what I'm questing now. ^.^

Edit:: Yay! I have subscribed to this thread also, Birdie, so I'll check up on it every so often. :yes:

Last edited by `Kitami; 10-09-2008 at 10:55 AM..

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 AM

good night, birdie! :3 <3

@ kitami:
oooh, i see~ :O so you're quite new to mene or what? XD i thought i'd seen you around before, but can't really be sure.

`Kitami

Old 10-09-2008, 11:00 AM

Well. Depends on what you'd call new I guess. -head scratch-

Kita has been here since March.

So its not like I just stumbled out of the fresh meat forum, in any case. xD;