SelenityCosmos

Old 10-11-2007, 03:48 PM

Guardian Angel

Timeline: After "The Assault".
Summary: Emma watches her family after the Assault
Disclaimer: Ashlock is dear, Proxy is blue, I don’t own this, for god’s sake don’t sue.

They never really understood Adam. Not the way I did. Maybe because I’m an empath, but it’s true. He loves us, all of us, in very different ways. Jesse is like a special student’s he’s mentoring. Always trusting, always obedient. Not like Brennan. Brennan is his son. Disobedient, argumentative, and constantly questioning- like his daughter, Lexa. Brennan and Lexa take after him. Brennan with his poetry of mind and sole, Lexa a warrior leader. They clash with each other just as much as each did with Adam. They are truly his children. I was Adam’s confidant. Yes, I was his student as well, but I was more than that. I was his friend. He’s so lonely now. He misses the stress of Brennan and Lexa, he misses the boost that he got from Jesse and me, but most, he misses Shalimar.

Bright and golden Shalimar, with her silky hair and her feline smile. Warm and loving Shalimar, with her trusting eyes and her feral temper. Fiery and protective Shalimar- Shalimar who loves him more than any other, Shalimar who trusts him and doesn’t know the difference between that and trusting herself, and Shalimar who knows him- the good, the bad, and the ugly- and still loves him so completely that without her love Adam is dieing.

I can see them. Separated again. Adam wishes that he were with them, he wishes that he had told Shalimar that he loves her once more, he wishes that he had told Lexa who her biological father was, and he wished he could talk to me. The others are scared. Brennan wishes for Adam to tell him what to do, Lexa wishes for a doctor for Jesse, Jesse wishes that he could fix this all, and Shalimar does not wish. Shalimar is loosing hope.